No Microsoft Press Coference At Leipzig.

• 109 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nitekids2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 nitekids2004
Member since 2005 • 2981 Posts
im not really surprised. They didnt really show anything new at E3 did they?
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#102 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

They must be saving the big guns for TGS or X08 :P-DrRobotnik-

Why save Halo for TGS the last one like sold poorly at Japan. I wonder if they are holding off for their own event.

-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 -DrRobotnik-
Member since 2008 • 5463 Posts

[QUOTE="-DrRobotnik-"]They must be saving the big guns for TGS or X08 :PHarlockJC

Why save Halo for TGS the last one like sold poorly at Japan. I wonder if they are holding off for their own event.

TGS will probably be for some big JRPGs or something, and then the new Halo game would be X08. That makes sense.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

It kind of seems to me that each company's picking a single conference from what they deem is their "home field". MS uses E3 for all their big announcements, Sony's apparently using Leipzig, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if Nintendo used TGS for theirs.svetzenlether

Nintendo doesn't go to TGS.

patrickjw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 patrickjw333
Member since 2004 • 809 Posts
good, i dont wanna hear about lips or scene it 2 anyways
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#106 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

[QUOTE="DaBrainz"]This means MS turned it's back on core gamers, right? If they arent showing the hardcore games on stage it must be true.farrell2k

Either tha or it's a sign that Microsoft has nothing worth showing, or they are getting ready to leave the gaming market, or whatever silly "insert cow nonsense here" statement fits.

If thats the case, then good for them! Better to show nothing than to show crap *cough* Nintendo E3 *cough*

GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts

Is Bioshock 2 going to be exclusive? or timed exclusive for the 360?

Also its just funny to hear lemmings talk about there great lineup for 08 and how it has turned out so great for them lol. Not saying anything but Too Human may flop, Lost Odyessey that was so talked about when the lemmings were getting there jrpg's got a 7.5. I mean what was the last great game that the 360 has gotten and when? Braid? LOL Braid is listed on the GS's 360's side for most popular 360 games lol a dang xbla game.

And at E3 MS conference would have been considered a failure if it weren't for the FFXIII annoucement. Heck lemmings used to talk about its about the games and it is about the games so what do you have coming? I've been really wanting to get a 360 to play with some friends that just can't get a ps3 right now but for the life of me I have no idea whats instore for me to make a purchase. So brag about whooo we don't show anything til gameplay or whatever and I'll show you lost sales cause a customer has no idea whats instore for the product. Another words heres a fishing pole and just sit in the front yard with it. I would like to know if I'm going to get somewhere to catch some fish lol.

And also everyone here pretty much agrees that 3rd party exclusives are all but dead. So on the 360 yall have got to be getting concerned with the small amount of 1st party devs that ms has.

I mean how long can MS hype dlc, timed exclusives, multiplat games before lemmings get concerned. I mean its been 3 years and still its bungie this, gears that. And as for cgi well guess what they all do it and sony has always done it so its nothing new. Maybe if your just 15 or something it may get to you but you might as well get used it, and I love seeing whats instore for the purchase I made :)

Lemmings are in denial if they didn't want to hear something new besides dlc, avatars, a new xmb and timed exclusives lol.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
[QUOTE="Senor_Kami"]

I remember in early 07 everyone said MS didn't have any games for the second half of 07 because they didn't do the Sony thing of where at E3 2002 they're like, "Coming 2007". Well, time came and right as the second half of the year rolled around they announced a gang load of titles.

I remember in early 2008, MS hadn't announced alot of games for late 2008. Everyone was saying that last year was great but this year the 360 was dead and wouldn't have any games after like July. Then as the year went on they announced a bunch of titles and it looks like 2008 will now end with as big a bang as 2007 did.

I remember in late 2008 people were talking about Leipzig and said that 360 wouldn't have any games for 2009. Everyone was saying that 2008 was good, but 09 is going to be a drought.

There is a pattern here. I think MS knows that not too many people are really going to buy a console and then just sit on it waiting for some game thats 9 months away. You can announce these titles early and blow your load in hopes that someone will be like, "Well i'll buy a 360 today and wait 10 months before buying my first game" or you can just hold on to the games and release news close to when they are coming out so that everyone is like "whoa" at how you went from having no games to a massive release schedule that rivals or beats your competition. We should expect this just like we can expect Sony to announce games that won't be out for like 3 years. Its the MS thing. Thats what they do.

Iceman2911

I think your forgeting about too human,alan wake,halo 3,etc

Not forgetting, just stating whats happened in the past. People have doubted MS' future lineup every year its been out, yet they haven't disappointed yet. Its happening again. I'm not saying every game is like this, but clearly theres a trend of people saying there won't be any games on the 360 because of MS not saying much at conferences until its time for games to come out... yet everytime the 360 has plenty of quality titles that come out and equal or beat what the competition is doing.

skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#109 skektek
Member since 2004 • 6530 Posts
And also everyone here pretty much agrees that 3rd party exclusives are all but dead. So on the 360 yall have got to be getting concerned with the small amount of 1st party devs that ms has.GreyFoXX4
Excellent point.