No Microsoft Press Coference At Leipzig.

• 109 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts
[QUOTE="sargentbotk"]

[QUOTE="whodey8584"]They probably ran out of ideas to steal from other companiesRagnarok1051

What ideas did MS ever steal from other companies?

The Avatars are yelling so loud I just had to mention them.

Well if it's only Avatars than I could safely say that MS, Sony, and Nintendo all copied other companies with that. He said "ideas" meaning more than one. I'm sure he was referring to MS stealing ideas from either Sony or Nintendo. Next?

-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 -DrRobotnik-
Member since 2008 • 5463 Posts
[QUOTE="WillieBeamish"]

The only game they showed 'WAAAY' before release was Alan Wake, and that was shown before the 360 launched and they haven't shown it again since. For the past two E3's Microsoft has only shown what will be available within the next 12 months or so. Unlike Killzone 2, MGS4, FF13 etc. where Sony showed them three years in a row. Lets not get into who keeps showing CGI trailers of games year after year, shall we?

Javy03

Too Human was shown in 2005

Fable 2 was announced in 2006

Alan Wake you already know

Mass Effect shown in X05

Halo 3 was announced in 2006 and it was CGI as well

Like I said stop pretending MS is different, SW has fooled you. MS has shown CGI trailers and games way before their release date.

Um, no it wasnt:roll:

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10631 Posts

well, with eat, sleep, and play showing off the next gen Twisted metal, maybe m$ felt that they really don't have a game in their arsenal to compete with the hype for a new Twisted Metal

j/k, but indeed this isn't all to good news for m$

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts
[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="sargentbotk"]

[QUOTE="whodey8584"]They probably ran out of ideas to steal from other companiessargentbotk

Well if it's only Avatars than I could safely say that MS, Sony, and Nintendo all copied other companies with that. He said "ideas" meaning more than one. I'm sure he was referring to MS stealing ideas from either Sony or Nintendo. Next?

I'm not the one to ask this, the avatars were the only thing at the top of my head. I'm sure others could point out more though.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 ermacness
[QUOTE="Javy03"][QUOTE="WillieBeamish"]

The only game they showed 'WAAAY' before release was Alan Wake, and that was shown before the 360 launched and they haven't shown it again since. For the past two E3's Microsoft has only shown what will be available within the next 12 months or so. Unlike Killzone 2, MGS4, FF13 etc. where Sony showed them three years in a row. Lets not get into who keeps showing CGI trailers of games year after year, shall we?

-DrRobotnik-

Mass Effect shown in X05

Like I said stop pretending MS is different, SW has fooled you. MS has shown CGI trailers and games way before their release date.

um, yes it was. It was said by m$ that halo 3 would compete with the ps3 launch
zekere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#56 zekere
Member since 2003 • 2536 Posts
Microsoft next line-up of games is still too far away . Games like Bioshock2, Mass Effect 2, Forza 3 are too early in developement too show already . Better this way than shooting in the foot , like Sony did with Killzone 2 and GT5 . Those games CANNOT deliver what they once promised , and that's a shame, because I love the PS3 !!
-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 -DrRobotnik-
[QUOTE="-DrRobotnik-"][QUOTE="Javy03"][QUOTE="WillieBeamish"]

ermacness

Mass Effect shown in X05

Still wrong. It wasnt CGI.

KOTORkicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#58 KOTORkicker
Member since 2007 • 4595 Posts

WOW, I really don't know what to say about this other than if I was a 360 owner, I would be pretty mad about it.Bubblehash

Nice contribution. I don't really mind. It doesn't make a difference to the experience I'm having at this moment in time with my 360. What would make me angry is if they turned up to Leipzig, did the press conference and then said, "Sorry, we are not/will not be able to deliver this product on time, or even atall"

As it is, I really don't care.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ermacness
[QUOTE="ermacness"][QUOTE="-DrRobotnik-"][QUOTE="Javy03"][QUOTE="WillieBeamish"]

-DrRobotnik-

Mass Effect shown in X05

Still wrong. It wasnt CGI.

OMG. Are you serious??!?!?!!!! They showed CGI videos of halo 3 in 06 and we didn't see gameplay footage until around the time the beta kits were released
Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

Also Nintendo will also not have a conference at Leipzig which means only Sony will be there but I have a strong feeling that Sony will not show anything new or what people didn't already know.

fjburgos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 fjburgos
Member since 2008 • 681 Posts
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]Ofc they have games, they probably just don't have enough to show to warrant a conference, sony has tons of first and second party dev's, if anyone truly thinks that MS will be able to compete in quantity with Sony their delusional, and yes quality is what matters.Eddie-Vedder

No one is delusional, that's all opinion, bud. I own PS3 and 360, but I'm more excited for the 360 releases. Do you have both consoles? If you don't, then I understand the fanboyish statements.

Fanboyism? Your denying Sony is working on more games then MS is? I said quality was what matters but everyone knows Sony has a lot more projects under their belt then MS does.

They have a wooping 19 studios and a few other exclusive porjects with independent studios so yea they have a lot more games to show. That's one of the things that's make me happy to own a ps3, they have a lot exclusives games, not only releassed and anouced but a lot of secrets projects too.
-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 -DrRobotnik-

OMG. Are you serious??!?!?!!!! They showed CGI videos of halo 3 in 06 and we didn't see gameplay footage until around the time the beta kits were released
ermacness

Nope, still wrong. They've never shown CGI, they're not Sony. That Halo 3 announcement was all in-engine.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 ermacness

Also Nintendo will also not have a conference at Leipzig which means only Sony will be there but I have a strong feeling that Sony will not show anything new or what people didn't already know.

ReverseCycology
eat, sleep, and play is showing off the new Twisted Metal for the ps3
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

[QUOTE="ermacness"]OMG. Are you serious??!?!?!!!! They showed CGI videos of halo 3 in 06 and we didn't see gameplay footage until around the time the beta kits were released
-DrRobotnik-

Nope, still wrong. They've never shown CGI, they're not Sony. That Halo 3 announcement was all in-engine.

Actually it wasn't.

-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 -DrRobotnik-
[QUOTE="-DrRobotnik-"]

[QUOTE="ermacness"]OMG. Are you serious??!?!?!!!! They showed CGI videos of halo 3 in 06 and we didn't see gameplay footage until around the time the beta kits were released
dream431ca

Actually it wasn't.

It was

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ermacness

-DrRobotnik-

umm, yes they have. They haven't showed CGI and said it to be gameplay (like sony did), but they've shown games in CGI before showing off gameplay footage if they game wasn't ready to be shown in gameplay footage that is
-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 -DrRobotnik-
[QUOTE="-DrRobotnik-"]

ermacness

umm, yes they have. They haven't showed CGI and said it to be gameplay (like sony did), but they've shown games in CGI before showing off gameplay footage if they game wasn't ready to be shown in gameplay footage that is

Im talking about Bungie, not Microsoft. All theyve shown was in-engine (other than the CGI advertisment on TV)

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 dream431ca
[QUOTE="dream431ca"][QUOTE="-DrRobotnik-"]

-DrRobotnik-

Actually it wasn't.

It was

Bungie did the same thing with Halo 2. Pre-rendered trailer, just like Halo 3's announcement trailer.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ermacness
[QUOTE="ermacness"][QUOTE="-DrRobotnik-"]

-DrRobotnik-

Im talking about Bungie, not Microsoft. All theyve shown was in-engine (other than the CGI advertisment on TV)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmXdLciNGp8

so all of that was gameplay??!?!!! by the way, who do you think owned Bungie back then?

-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 -DrRobotnik-
[QUOTE="-DrRobotnik-"][QUOTE="dream431ca"][QUOTE="-DrRobotnik-"]

dream431ca

Actually it wasn't.

It was

Bungie did the same thing with Halo 2. Pre-rendered trailer, just like Halo 3's announcement trailer.

It wasnt CGI, it was in-engine. Thats all i said.

-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 -DrRobotnik-
[QUOTE="-DrRobotnik-"][QUOTE="ermacness"][QUOTE="-DrRobotnik-"]

ermacness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmXdLciNGp8

so all of that was gameplay??!?!!! by the way, who do you think owned Bungie back then?

LOL, that wasnt the Halo 3 announcement trailer. That was an advertisement for the game, it wasnt even made by Bungie.

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 dream431ca

-DrRobotnik-

But it wasn't actually in-engine. You can tell that because in the trailer there is dust flying around. In the actual game, there is no dust flying around like that. Also look at the sign moving with the wind, there is no wind in Halo 3. The trailer was not in engine at all.

-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 -DrRobotnik-
[QUOTE="-DrRobotnik-"]

dream431ca

But it wasn't actually in-engine. You can tell that because in the trailer there is dust flying around. In the actual game, there is no dust flying around like that. Also look at the sign moving with the wind, there is no wind in Halo 3. The trailer was not in engine at all.

I quote: "We won't ruin the content of our short presentation by describing it frame by frame, but we will note that everything you're seeing here is being rendered in real-time on the Xbox 360, using the current version of our Halo 3 game engine. The HDR lighting, self-shadowing, GPU-run particle system and many other effects should make it intact (and more) to our final game."

Link

naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
thats terrible
Avatar image for zachshalakindap
zachshalakindap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 zachshalakindap
Member since 2008 • 106 Posts
[QUOTE="dream431ca"][QUOTE="-DrRobotnik-"]

-DrRobotnik-

I quote: "We won't ruin the content of our short presentation by describing it frame by frame, but we will note that everything you're seeing here is being rendered in real-time on the Xbox 360, using the current version of our Halo 3 game engine. The HDR lighting, self-shadowing, GPU-run particle system and many other effects should make it intact (and more) to our final game."

Link

and the thing is, there is wind in halo. there is dust.

Halo 3 has lots of stuff going on and it actually reached bungie's trailer. Definately.

There is no dust in the multiplayer though because it goes for a more sterile environment there. Still pretty sure there's wind

hell the actual trailer scene was basically a cutscene (more so seeing stuff overhead)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEQcNnZKtS4

at 9 minutes

And if you watch that as well as halo 1 and 2's youll see halo has a story (although understand, most of it is told in game).

ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 ToScA-
Member since 2006 • 5782 Posts

-DrRobotnik-

Yes they have:|

The following screen is from the Halo 3 commercial, which was confirmed to be CGI (as opposed to Sony's behavior might I add) long before the commercial even aired.

The following, however, is from the Halo 3 announcement trailer which was entirely in-engine.

yellowandmushy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 yellowandmushy
Member since 2006 • 2095 Posts
Alan Wake. :(
ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ToScA-
Member since 2006 • 5782 Posts

Alan Wake. :(yellowandmushy

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/08/12/amd-cinema-2-0-tech-demo-real-time-photo-realistic-human-models/

"Developers from Splash Damage, Crytek, Rebellion, Remedy (yes, they're still making Alan Wake) and even Blizzard were highlighted in the presentation as partners of AMD. "

Worry not my friend, in due time, Remedy shall reveal this grand masterpiece.

DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts

[QUOTE="DaBrainz"]This means MS turned it's back on core gamers, right? If they arent showing the hardcore games on stage it must be true.ReaperV7

naw it just means they ran out of games to show :P

Hmm...I'm having some deja vu here.
-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 -DrRobotnik-
[QUOTE="-DrRobotnik-"]

ToScA-

Yes they have:|

The following screen is from the Halo 3 commercial, which was confirmed to be CGI (as opposed to Sony's behavior might I add) long before the commercial even aired.

The following, however, is from the Halo 3 announcement trailer which was entirely in-engine.

That was a advertisement for the game, it was not a trailer shown by Bungie, they didnt even make it. Also, if youve read all my posts in this thread you'll see that I acknowledged this CGI advert. But i was talking about trailers, the E3 announcement trailer in particular. Bungie just dont use CGI to showcase games.

DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts
[QUOTE="-DrRobotnik-"][QUOTE="dream431ca"][QUOTE="-DrRobotnik-"]

dream431ca

Actually it wasn't.

It was

There is a difference between in-engine and in-game. It was not CGI, but it couldn't have been playable either.

Halo 3 did have a CGI teaser though, but it wasn't for its announcement, just a tv ad where Bungie revealed the bubble shield for the first time.

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#83 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

I guess that means that only Sony is showing up?

=/

Well, its not like I'm going to be able to view the conference anyways, so it doesn't matter to me.

Zeppy007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Zeppy007
Member since 2008 • 558 Posts
[QUOTE="sargentbotk"]

[QUOTE="whodey8584"]They probably ran out of ideas to steal from other companiesRagnarok1051

thats your argument you might as well say sony is ripping off the sims with home and sony riped off MS Achievements= trophys movies availlible on consoles who started that.and to all of you saying theres no games to show ms dosent like to make CG trailers FOUR YEARS before a game comes out cough Killzone 2 cough

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts
[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="sargentbotk"]

[QUOTE="whodey8584"]They probably ran out of ideas to steal from other companiesZeppy007

thats your argument you might as well say sony is ripping off the sims with home and sony riped off MS Achievements= trophys movies availlible on consoles who started that.and to all of you saying theres no games to show ms dosent like to make CG trailers FOUR YEARS before a game comes out cough Killzone 2 cough

Wow chill out dude. When did I say Song never copied anything? Quit being a fanboy and admit the Avatars are a copy of the Miis.

AtrumRegina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 AtrumRegina
Member since 2008 • 1584 Posts
better not have a press conference than have a press conference where you announce nothing new.
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Koalakommander
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

-DrRobotnik-

If we are talking about the video of the chief on the cliff then yes -- that was at least a target render.

-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 -DrRobotnik-
[QUOTE="-DrRobotnik-"]

Koalakommander

If we are talking about the video of the chief on the cliff then yes -- that was at least a target render.

Yeah, it was their target for the final game all shot in-engine.

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Koalakommander
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts
[QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="-DrRobotnik-"]

-DrRobotnik-

And the game didn't look like that in the end.

It still looked good though.

Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#90 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts
what about nintendo?
lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#91 lantus
Member since 2006 • 10591 Posts
Mmm Expect more at TGS since they seem so adamant on getting into Japan. It'll be like last year's Ninja Gaiden 2 announcement all over again.
Avatar image for zachshalakindap
zachshalakindap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 zachshalakindap
Member since 2008 • 106 Posts
[QUOTE="-DrRobotnik-"][QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="-DrRobotnik-"]

Koalakommander

And the game didn't look like that in the end.

It still looked good though.

actually, yea, it looks almost exactly like the render except for the spartan model (the model shown in the cg was actually in the beta though).

Everything else looks the same. You can find that exact spot on tasvo highway (the actual scene with the stuff going on is pof the storm closing/floodgate intro)

leejohnson7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 leejohnson7
Member since 2007 • 2909 Posts

-DrRobotnik-

then they set them selves up for dissapointment when the final game didn't look that good.

leejohnson7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 leejohnson7
Member since 2007 • 2909 Posts
[QUOTE="dream431ca"][QUOTE="-DrRobotnik-"][QUOTE="dream431ca"][QUOTE="-DrRobotnik-"]

DrinkDuff

Actually it wasn't.

It was

There is a difference between in-engine and in-game. It was not CGI, but it couldn't have been playable either.

Halo 3 did have a CGI teaser though, but it wasn't for its announcement, just a tv ad where Bungie revealed the bubble shield for the first time.

IMO that was the only device that was interesting to use. The other equipment wasn't very inspired.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

I remember in early 07 everyone said MS didn't have any games for the second half of 07 because they didn't do the Sony thing of where at E3 2002 they're like, "Coming 2007". Well, time came and right as the second half of the year rolled around they announced a gang load of titles.

I remember in early 2008, MS hadn't announced alot of games for late 2008. Everyone was saying that last year was great but this year the 360 was dead and wouldn't have any games after like July. Then as the year went on they announced a bunch of titles and it looks like 2008 will now end with as big a bang as 2007 did.

I remember in late 2008 people were talking about Leipzig and said that 360 wouldn't have any games for 2009. Everyone was saying that 2008 was good, but 09 is going to be a drought.

There is a pattern here. I think MS knows that not too many people are really going to buy a console and then just sit on it waiting for some game thats 9 months away. You can announce these titles early and blow your load in hopes that someone will be like, "Well i'll buy a 360 today and wait 10 months before buying my first game" or you can just hold on to the games and release news close to when they are coming out so that everyone is like "whoa" at how you went from having no games to a massive release schedule that rivals or beats your competition. We should expect this just like we can expect Sony to announce games that won't be out for like 3 years. Its the MS thing. Thats what they do.

LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts
[QUOTE="Senor_Kami"]

I've noticed that MS doesn't shoot too far into the future. They've already shown everything up to like Q2 2009 and their end of 2008 line up is very strong in exclusives and multiplats and its not like there are people who don't know this.

They could pull the lid off of something coming out in late 2009, but then when they show updates in 09 people will be like, "I saw this a year ago... MS has no games coming out this year."

Javy03

Not true, Bioshock, ME, Halo, Fable, Alan Wake, all game shown WAAAY before the release date. Honestly I just think its them really running out of games. I mean even in E3 they just showed us all the games we already saw and knew about, tacked on a few multiplats and bragged about sharing a once thought PS3 exclusive and people cheered a success.

I think having a small 1st party studio and depending on buying 3rd party timed exclusives might be a good reason why there is little new to show.

It is coming close to three years too. I hear something about six years, HA what a joke. Its never happend before with ms. I'll believe when i see it.

skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#97 skektek
Member since 2004 • 6530 Posts
[QUOTE="-DrRobotnik-"]

leejohnson7

then they set them selves up for dissapointment when the final game didn't look that good.

Every time I play Halo3 I am surprised at how asstastic the graphics are :(
njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 njean777
Member since 2007 • 3807 Posts
[QUOTE="leejohnson7"][QUOTE="-DrRobotnik-"]

skektek

Every time I play Halo3 I am surprised at how asstastic the graphics are :(

me too it looks bad compared to most games at least the multiplayer does, and there is way to much lighting in the game. It looks ok at best but i really could care less about the graphics. i lost all intrest in halo after 2 i just bought three for the campaign and i was dissapointed a lot.

Iceman2911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Iceman2911
Member since 2006 • 2669 Posts

I remember in early 07 everyone said MS didn't have any games for the second half of 07 because they didn't do the Sony thing of where at E3 2002 they're like, "Coming 2007". Well, time came and right as the second half of the year rolled around they announced a gang load of titles.

I remember in early 2008, MS hadn't announced alot of games for late 2008. Everyone was saying that last year was great but this year the 360 was dead and wouldn't have any games after like July. Then as the year went on they announced a bunch of titles and it looks like 2008 will now end with as big a bang as 2007 did.

I remember in late 2008 people were talking about Leipzig and said that 360 wouldn't have any games for 2009. Everyone was saying that 2008 was good, but 09 is going to be a drought.

There is a pattern here. I think MS knows that not too many people are really going to buy a console and then just sit on it waiting for some game thats 9 months away. You can announce these titles early and blow your load in hopes that someone will be like, "Well i'll buy a 360 today and wait 10 months before buying my first game" or you can just hold on to the games and release news close to when they are coming out so that everyone is like "whoa" at how you went from having no games to a massive release schedule that rivals or beats your competition. We should expect this just like we can expect Sony to announce games that won't be out for like 3 years. Its the MS thing. Thats what they do.

Senor_Kami

I think your forgeting about too human,alan wake,halo 3,etc

svetzenlether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 svetzenlether
Member since 2003 • 3082 Posts
It kind of seems to me that each company's picking a single conference from what they deem is their "home field". MS uses E3 for all their big announcements, Sony's apparently using Leipzig, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if Nintendo used TGS for theirs.