Nioh is the first game I feel bad that people can't play. (If you have no PS4).

• 156 results
ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@uninspiredcup:

Yeah, GTA4 and MGS4 are two of the best (worst) examples of industry gushing ever. Even as a huge MGS fan I couldn't believe that nonsense.

The Nioh praise is a good deal more sincere though. I can't agree with calling it a masterpiece, but it's a damn solid game. Very good gameplay and plenty of it.

Still, I can't recommend a PS4 to someone who already owns a gaming PC. I feel like my PS4 is finally starting to pay off, but it's still slim pickings if you're just getting it for good exclusives.

samfisher56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 samfisher56
Member since 2005 • 772 Posts

Lems only play shooters anyway so it makes sense being exclusive.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ConanTheStoner

I like the Twilight missions, but I really don't like how they're rotated out as dailies.

Sometimes you hit a sweet spot, but a lot of times you're either way over-leveled which kills the fun, or sometimes way under-leveled to the point of ridiculousness. I don't have much beef with the latter, it's fun trying to punch above your weight and get cool shit for your efforts. Sometimes it's a bit much, but it's cool. But being over-leveled just destroys what could have been another cool side mission.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Is it really that good? I tried the demo back in the day and it didn't impress me, it has mostly positive reviews though and I was planning on getting it later (because Switch is coming), but man... I could get it now, I could. I was planning on returning to Fallout 4, but Bethesda didn't fix the framerate in Far Harbor... ****.

Jshoelace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Jshoelace
Member since 2008 • 846 Posts

Yes I would love to play this game, there are now 3 games on the ps4 that I'm interested in. However I don't want to buy another console, I've got waaay too many games as it is and I don't really have enough room for more. Would love for it to come out on PC so I could play but I'm ok going without. Should be able to borrow a ps4 and a copy of the game off my girlfriends brother at some point though..

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@samfisher56 said:

Don't forget racing games

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#57  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Yeah it's a rare sensation on the PS4. On XB1 too, I bet.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

@samfisher56 said:

True. xbone is for dudebros and noobs. There's no audience for a hardcore, refined masterpiece like Nioh.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Dakur

@sts106mat said:
@dakur said:
@samfisher56 said:

True. xbone is for dudebros and noobs. There's no audience for a hardcore, refined masterpiece like Nioh.

how far are you into Nioh?

You should know, you are my #1 stalker.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

So is this ps4 answer to the greatest Action game of this gen?! Bayonetta 2

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Dakur

@sts106mat said:

@dakur: we all know you haven't played it.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

Nioh ( what a stupid name lol ) isn't the first game I feel sorry for because cows won't support and refuse to buy the game and it won't be the last I'm certain. :P

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 ConanTheStoner

@dobzilian said:

So is this ps4 answer to the greatest Action game of this gen?! Bayonetta 2

Nah, but it's probably the closest thing. It's really fucking good, but the combat isn't Bayo 2 good. It's the height of ARPG combat and it's not even close, but still doesn't get on the same level as games like Bayo 1 and 2, NG 1 and 2, or DMC 3 and 4 when it comes to the pure act of beating down mobs.

But having the excellent combat that it does have, stacked on top of other well designed systems, with tons of meaningful content, all wrapped up in a Soulsborne like structure, but with various QOL improvements? Yeah, it's pretty damn ace lol.

I specifically went with a ninja build to get the closest experience to a straight up action game and I'm not disappointed. Never thought an ARPG could play so damn good.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#66 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Appreciate the sentiments fellow gamer, but all is good from my end. Nioh looks great and I intend to play it one day. I've played many similar games in the past, and look forward to seeing what NioH brings to the table. Busy with tons of games now, so I'm in no rush.

To be honest, I still have this Xbox game which works on my 360, never went through it all and with all this talk about Team Ninja & Nioh, I think I will try going through this little game first:

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

I know it's getting a lot of praise.... but I just finished dark souls 3 and Nioh is just not that appealing to me, rather just wait for another souls game.

But Nier... now that I will dust off the PS4 for. Looks dope af.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Dakur

@Alucard_Prime: One of the best games ever made no doubt. A masterpiece. I wish I could forget all about it to play again from scratch and get the same sense of challenging awesomeness from the first time I played it.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ConanTheStoner

@Alucard_Prime:

Dude, have fun. If that game really sinks it's teeth in, you'll be replaying it for years. It's funny, it's only about a 15+ hour game on the first playthrough, yet between mastering the main game and the side mission modes I've easily put over 1,000 hours into it. One of those rare game where they actually put real effort into the difficulty settings.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Alucard_Prime

@dakur: I kind of feel bad that I started the game, and never finished it, seeing as how I enjoy these types of games and this is supposed to be a very good one. Not sure what happened at the time, but I remember getting my ass kicked by a bunch of Ninjas in the first level lol

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Dakur

@Alucard_Prime said:

@dakur: I kind of feel bad that I started the game, and never finished it, seeing as how I enjoy these types of games and this is supposed to be a very good one. Not sure what happened at the time, but I remember getting my ass kicked by a bunch of Ninjas in the first level lol

The difficulty can get off-putting sometimes no doubt but if you push and persevere it's one of the most rewarding gaming experiences ever I feel.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Alucard_Prime

@ConanTheStoner said:

@Alucard_Prime:

Dude, have fun. If that game really sinks it's teeth in, you'll be replaying it for years. It's funny, it's only about a 15+ hour game on the first playthrough, yet between mastering the main game and the side mission modes I've easily put over 1,000 hours into it. One of those rare game where they actually put real effort into the difficulty settings.

Nice! That's high praise, I'm almost ashamed of admitting I started it and put it aside years ago lol. I'm definitely a Ninja Gaiden fan, the older games I mean (1-3 on NES), but I really enjoy these types of games as well so I definitely want to get through this and NiOH at some point.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ConanTheStoner
@Alucard_Prime said:

Nice! That's high praise, I'm almost ashamed of admitting I started it and put it aside years ago lol. I'm definitely a Ninja Gaiden fan, the older games I mean (1-3 on NES), but I really enjoy these types of games as well so I definitely want to get through this and NiOH at some point.

It happens man, I've put down all kinds of games only to come back years later and realize they were gems. Better late than never. And in the case of Ninja Gaiden Black, it really hasn't been surpassed in its genre. There are good arguments for the Bayo games and some of the DMC games being up there, but nothing that has straight up dethroned Ninja Gaiden at its own game. So at least you won't feel like you're playing something dated.

And yeah, I loved the NES games, mainly the first two. You'll find a lot of throwback elements in Ninja Gaiden Black, sometimes you even hear sections of the music later in the game that sound like echoes of the NES tracks.

But like Dakur said, stick with it. Don't let it defeat you lol. It seems hard sometimes, but it's always fair. An encounter that seems impossible at first will eventually become something you can overcome without taking a hit.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Alucard_Prime

@ConanTheStoner: Cool stuff thanks

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#75 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

I'm glad to see everyone is having fun playing Nioh, Nioh isn't for me and I'm way more excited to play NieR: Automata on my PC & Horizon: Zero Dawn on my PS4 so those two games will keep my happy :)

Team Ninja really work there asses delivering Nioh for there fanbase.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ConanTheStoner

@davillain-:

Yeah it's a major return to form for Team Ninja, and honestly, it's beyond the scope of anything I thought they could deliver.

I'm ready to see them take another stab at Ninja Gaiden. I think they can pull it off.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: I'm with you on another new Ninja Gaiden, Black was really fucking amazing back then, hell I'd be happy for a remaster Black to that.

Elaisse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Elaisse
Member since 2012 • 647 Posts

Game seems like it is wasted on ps4, it should of been brought to PC to to realize the developers vision. Instead they downgraded the game.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#79 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

I say it's a damn shame it's stuck on the PS4. The game deserves better.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#80 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

@Renegade_Fury said:

I really want to get it, but Yakuza 0 is currently dominating my life (65 hours played and I'm only on chapter 7 out of 17, lol), and then Zelda is coming out in two weeks. Nioh looks very fun though, so I do plan on playing it at some point.

I'm in the same boat! I want to finish Yakuza 0 first but there is just a lot to do! I'm having a blast with it and I don't think I would even play anything else until I get tired of it.

And horizon is coming out soon, I can't believe how many great games came out so close to one another!

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 ConanTheStoner

@davillain- said:

@ConanTheStoner: I'm with you on another new Ninja Gaiden, Black was really fucking amazing back then, hell I'd be happy for a remaster Black to that.

Shit I'd even take a port of Black on any modern platform at this point. And a port of Black on PC? Hnnnnnngggg. I'd pay $100 for that, no questions asked lol.

But yeah a proper remaster would be dope too. None of the Sigma stuff, just give me exactly Ninja Gaiden Black, but with a face lift.

Can't believe the only Ninja Gaiden on PC is Ninja Gaiden Z... :(

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#82 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

Everyone owns a PS4 if they're playing games. I don't believe anyone seriously only owns an Xbox One unless they have very specific tastes for the sports/shooter combination that MS has thrived on... And that kind of person probably wouldn't care about Nioh anyway. Short version: if a game like Nioh appeals, you already own a PS4.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

As if the Xbox fanbase that only plays Minecraft would be able to beat it anyway.

Oh and inb4 the rabid 12 year old @FLOPPAGE_50 stalks this post too.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 ConanTheStoner

I love how cows and lems (and even hermits to an extent) like to pretend they're not all playing the same games for the most part.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#85 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@n64dd: dark souls was good in 2011 , nioh's combat does look better though but still...

I think it's a lot worse that people that don't own a ps4 won't be able to play horizon.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 ConanTheStoner
@commander said:

@n64dd: dark souls was good in 2011 , nioh's combat does look better though but still...

It's really just not the same. The influence is there, but Nioh earned its place. It's not in the shadow of Souls games. It is its own thing and it feels very unique.

I'm so burned out on Soulsborne games that I didn't even pick up Dark Souls 3. Franchise fatigue set in hard for me. But Nioh? I'm hooked on this shit.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#87 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: didn't pick up souls III either, but it wasn't because I was tired of the franchise , it was because the poise system is broken. I tried bloodborne, nice game but again more of the same. DS II wasn't even good.

I might pick up nioh, i have to get a ps4 pro for horizon anyway lol

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

Just how much like the Souls games is Nioh? Does it have a similarly annoying weapon crafting system where you have to repeatedly go through the same levels you've already beaten to get stones (or something similar) to upgrade anything?

Is the combat as grounded as the Souls games, or can you jump and roll around like Ryu in Ninja Gaiden?

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

It's cool OP. i'm patient enough to wait for the pc version.

@PurpleMan5000 said:

Just how much like the Souls games is Nioh? Does it have a similarly annoying weapon crafting system where you have to repeatedly go through the same levels you've already beaten to get stones (or something similar) to upgrade anything?

Is the combat as grounded as the Souls games, or can you jump and roll around like Ryu in Ninja Gaiden?

Can't speak for the level design but combat seems more grounded than charater action games. it's got rpg elements too.

It's definitely more DS than Ninja Gaiden, though not exactly.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
@madc0w1011 said:

And yes I played about 20 mins and couldn't get into it so luckily it wasn't mine and belonged to a friend.

Don't worry, everybody believes you. Keep altboying.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 PurpleMan5000

@deadline-zero0 said:

It's cool OP. i'm patient enough to wait for the pc version.

@PurpleMan5000 said:

Can't speak for the level design but combat seems more grounded than charater action games. it's got rpg elements too.

It's definitely more DS than Ninja Gaiden, though not exactly.

My least favorite aspect of the Souls games is that I have to go back and replay levels I've already beaten if I want to find the right stones to upgrade my equipment, and there is so much equipment that on my first playthrough I have no idea what I should upgrade and what to discard. It is just way too much of a chore having to play the same crap over and over again. Does Nioh have a more reasonable upgrade system? How often do you find upgrade items and how intuitive is the system?

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#92  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

Yeah it is a masterpiece. It's adapted souls game style rpg elements and world exploration with action games elements like NG, DMC, and Onimusha in a way that has never been so well done. It has some unfinished stuff, but really who cares when playing through it? We don't get games like this very often.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#93  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

It's really easy. Most equipment you constantly pick up, and you can Soul Forge items (blend two weapons/armour) in order to enhance a piece of equipment. The abundance of weapon/armour pick-ups is ridiculous, and you can disassemble them for forging items, which can then be refined for higher quality forging items.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 PurpleMan5000

@lundy86_4 said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:

It's really easy. Most equipment you constantly pick up, and you can Soul Forge items (blend two weapons/armour) in order to enhance a piece of equipment. The abundance of weapon/armour pick-ups is ridiculous, and you can disassemble them for forging items, which can then be refined for higher quality forging items.

That sounds great. I'm going to have to play this game. Sounds like it is finally time to pick up the PS4. The Switch will have to wait until 2018.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#95 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

I'm sure that people that can't play it don't give a slight ****, just like PS4 users theirself.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By lundy86_4

@PurpleMan5000 said:

That sounds great. I'm going to have to play this game. Sounds like it is finally time to pick up the PS4. The Switch will have to wait until 2018.

It has a stupid amount of game to it. I'm probably clocking in 20 hours or so, and i'm only in the second region and soon to be moving on to the third... Doing all the side-quests and eventually Twilight Missions really adds to the fun factor.

PS4 has a lot going for it, but this one benefits greatly from the Pro. It's about the only saving grace for me picking up my Pro.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 PurpleMan5000

@lundy86_4 said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:

It has a stupid amount of game to it. I'm probably clocking in 20 hours or so, and i'm only in the second region and soon to be moving on to the third... Doing all the side-quests and eventually Twilight Missions really adds to the fun factor.

PS4 has a lot going for it, but this one benefits greatly from the Pro. It's about the only saving grace for me picking up my Pro.

The $150 price difference (plus lack of Uncharted 4, which I want to play) makes the Pro a difficult decision. Is the frame rate a lot different, or is it mostly just bells and whistles that I won't notice without a 4k tv?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 lundy86_4

@PurpleMan5000 said:

The $150 price difference (plus lack of Uncharted 4, which I want to play) makes the Pro a difficult decision. Is the frame rate a lot different, or is it mostly just bells and whistles that I won't notice without a 4k tv?

Honestly, it's great for 1080p as well, for added performance for games made with a Pro patch, or for the Pro directly. For me though, I spent $600CAD and already had a PS4... I enjoy it for what it is, but it is crazy expensive.

Nioh gets 1080p and mostly-60fps from the Pro.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@madc0w1011 said:

@daredevils2k: I swear I don't know if I feel worse for you or for me for having to read the things you write.

Ahh don't feel worse for me, feel worse for yourself for taking anything I say here seriously lol.

EvanTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 EvanTheGamer
Member since 2009 • 1550 Posts

It's still sold out so I can't play it yet, and digital blows so I wouldn't buy it from the PSN Store.