Nioh is the first game I feel bad that people can't play. (If you have no PS4).

• 156 results
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#101 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

Thank you for your sympathy.

This is one game I wish I had... =(

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

I have a PS4 so I could play it if I wanted to, but it doesn't look like my cup of tea so I have no interest in it. I wouldn't even pay $5 for it.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#103 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

definitely one of the few games I've been glad to have a PS4 for. I'm cooling off on it a little - the increase in Amrita required to level up past 60 starts getting kinda insane and it takes some grinding to get anywhere near the mission levels. I think the last increase was from 81000 to 89000 to go from 69 to 70. I think i'm level 70 tackling a level 78 mission currently, its doable for now but I can only see that gap getting bigger later in the game unless I do some serious grinding. I only gained liked 2 levels on the last several story missions, some of the sub missions don't get me a single level.

also kinda wish some levels had unique sets of enemies instead of recycling the same ones and adding the occasional new one on top.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#104 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

@Star67 said:
@Renegade_Fury said:

I really want to get it, but Yakuza 0 is currently dominating my life (65 hours played and I'm only on chapter 7 out of 17, lol), and then Zelda is coming out in two weeks. Nioh looks very fun though, so I do plan on playing it at some point.

I'm in the same boat! I want to finish Yakuza 0 first but there is just a lot to do! I'm having a blast with it and I don't think I would even play anything else until I get tired of it.

And horizon is coming out soon, I can't believe how many great games came out so close to one another!

I know, it's ridiculous. Last week I spent most of my time doing Kiryu's real estate fight against the 5 kings, and now this week has been all about running Majima's cabaret. Then there's all those other side quests and sub stories which are connected to the mini games to do too! I wanted to finish Yakuza 0 in around a week, but this is going to end up taking a month at this rate, though I'm not exactly complaining since the game is so good, but like you said, there are so many other great games to play which are coming out at the same time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#105 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Renegade_Fury: Do you think my '3D Streets of Rage' assessment for Yakuza 0 holds? Does it have even the slightest bit of merit? :p

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

This is a very hard game, no game for gamers that dont like Dark Souls...

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#107  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts
@charizard1605 said:

@Renegade_Fury: Do you think my '3D Streets of Rage' assessment for Yakuza 0 holds? Does it have even the slightest bit of merit? :p

I mean if someone asked me to describe Yakuza, I'd say it's like Shenmue but wackier, and the gamplay is more Streets of Rage than Virtua Fighter, but I don't really think of it as a 3D Streets of Rage per say. :p

When I think of a 3D Streets of Rage, that would be something more akin to a game like Fighting Force, for example, which plays like a beat 'em up in a stricter sense. Even though you can classify Yakuza as a beat 'em up too, brawling is just not really the focus of the game, and it doesn't have the pacing nor the non stop exhilaration of a traditional one. If anything, Yakuza feels like it has more in common with an rpg.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

I have to pace myself with games that take so long to go through and beat. I can do 4ish games that take that much time a year, and the rest I prefer to be in the 10-15ish hour range or less.

I'm working through Dark Souls 3 right now and loving it. Just beat the DragonArmour boss last night. About 35 hours in. I'll take a couple months off and then I'll finally play the original Demon's Souls this summer.

Someday I'll get a PS4 so I can play Bloodborne and Nioh, but I'm in no hurry.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#109 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts

Nioh 1.03 Update Increases Rewards For The Random Encounter And More

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

As if the Xbox fanbase that only plays Minecraft would be able to beat it anyway.

Oh and inb4 the rabid 12 year old @FLOPPAGE_50 stalks this post too.

LMAO hell yeah dude, you think we're gonna let it slide?

I doubt you could beat it, seeing as you're pretty weak mentally and hop fences whenever you can't handle anything.

#n0loyalty

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Damn. I need to get this game soon but as of now I'm hook to Persona 4 and can't put my Vita down. Just this week I have been running in gym with my my vita on lol

Commiesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Commiesdie
Member since 2006 • 372 Posts

Don't care for it anyway and I own a ps4

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#113 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

Any Nioh players know if this game tracks your play time anywhere? I know it tracks all kinds of in game data, but I didn't see anything about hours played.

Just link it to your Steam account and feel the shame rush in. :P

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

lol.... alright. First game I'll get with my PS4.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#115  Edited By Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Nioh? You mean Dark Souls 4: The Witcher? Great game. Really enjoying it. But its really funny how much of this is a Fromsoft rip-off.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@Shmiity said:

Nioh? You mean Dark Souls 4: The Witcher? Great game. Really enjoying it. But its really funny how much of this is a Fromsoft rip-off.

It's better than Dark Souls.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#117 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@n64dd said:

This game is a masterpiece. I can't stop thinking about this game when i'm not playing it and I can't stop playing it.

I honestly hope it gets released to Xbox One and maybe Switch? It's a TON of fun. It really has the dark souls feel with the Ninja Gaiden feel.

What say you SW?

I agree. If you are not a manticore, you miss out on all the great games.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#118  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

personally i hate the restricted, simplistic level design, but i love the combat. unfortunately that's not enough to carry the game for me. overall it's ok, but i don't think it holds a candle to any of the miyazaki-developed souls games.

honestly i got bored halfway through and started replaying dark souls instead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@ni6htmare01 said:

Damn. I need to get this game soon but as of now I'm hook to Persona 4 and can't put my Vita down. Just this week I have been running in gym with my my vita on lol

I told you

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 kvally

@EvanTheGamer said:

It's still sold out so I can't play it yet, and digital blows so I wouldn't buy it from the PSN Store.

It's available at, Target. That was the first one I pulled up:

http://www.target.com/p/nioh-playstation-4/-/A-52001795?lnk=fiatsCookie

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 ni6htmare01

@charizard1605 said:
@ni6htmare01 said:

I told you

This game really is a master piece, who ever have a Vita need to play it ASAP if they haven't. Now I hope Persona 5 can live up to 4!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@ni6htmare01 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@ni6htmare01 said:

I told you

This game really is a master piece, who ever have a Vita need to play it ASAP if they haven't. Now I hope Persona 5 can live up to 4!

Haha, yup. I've been saying that for four years now :p

Glad you like it too. Persona 5 is in April!

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 ni6htmare01

@charizard1605 said:
@ni6htmare01 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@ni6htmare01 said:

I told you

This will be great. I get to play them back to back but now I have to put other games that are coming out now in my back log.. that sucks lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@ni6htmare01 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@ni6htmare01 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@ni6htmare01 said:

I told you

This will be great. I get to play them back to back but now I have to put other games that are coming out now in my back log.. that sucks lol

Nothing will be better than Persona 5 except Zelda

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Been 0laying this all day and can't get enough! I love that it's a pure git gud game and makes no apologies. Playing it with full eye candy and unlocked framerate, it's gorgoeus! No problems with combat so far =)

dantesergei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#126 dantesergei
Member since 2004 • 2254 Posts

@_Matt_ said:

I must have this game in my life asap.

i've been saying that for Bloodborne, no money to buy a ps4 , ****...

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

Can't seem to get into either Skyrim or Dishonored 2, and the temptation of picking this up now rather than waiting for a price cut is starting to become very difficult.

DarkTower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 DarkTower
Member since 2017 • 201 Posts

meh, i don't think casuals would appreciate this game

this game is more for people who already into Souls games like darksouls/bloodborne/demon souls/ god of war

basically anyone a fan of hack n slash type games will love NIOH, but i don't think it's going would get the same acclaim across all platforms, mainly because there are soooo many games out right now and people usually feel comfortable playing stuff their used to AKA shooters.

that being said, this is like GOTY contender for me, just waiting for Horizon to drop tho... :)

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Shmiity

@n64dd said:
@Shmiity said:

Not even close to being better than Dark Souls. DS has deep NPCs, touching sidequests, a wonderful world that connects and spirals on itself, on top of challenging gameplay. Also has a real sense of being lonely. All Nioh has is the gameplay to match Souls. Copypasta maps, dead NPCs, and menial sidequests that are really just for items. No contest here.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#130 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@n64dd said:

This game is a masterpiece. I can't stop thinking about this game when i'm not playing it and I can't stop playing it.

I honestly hope it gets released to Xbox One and maybe Switch? It's a TON of fun. It really has the dark souls feel with the Ninja Gaiden feel.

What say you SW?

It's a great game, but it doesn't bother me that it's only on the PS4. Gamers who only play on PS4 won't get to play Halo 5, FH3, Gears 4 or Rare Replay either. This is why I choose to get all the game consoles when I can. NiOh is a must own title if you enjoyed the Demon/Dark Soul games and Bloodborne. Want to play it, get a PS4. Want to play Halo 5, FH3, Rare Replay, get an XB1. Don't be loyal to just one game console.

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#131 KEND0_KAP0NI
Member since 2016 • 1231 Posts

Eh... I would say The Last of Us is that game I feel bad for those who havent played it or dont the the system to play it.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Yeah, Nioh just doesn't have the creative muscle behind it that the Soulsborne games do. Miyazaki and crew bring a whole lot of cool shit to the table. They go out of their way to give unique touches to the environments, enemies, NPCs, etc., which really helps to deliver on some memorable moments. And in some ways that seeps over into the immediate play experience itself.

One thing I find a bit annoying about Nioh is that while the levels are well designed, and not even all that big, sometimes I still end up feeling lost. Reason why is because there is so much repetition in some of the environmental design. It's much more prominent in some levels than it is in others, but sometimes I have these moments where I'm not sure if I just looped around or if it's actually some new ground. Things can just get a bit too samey.

Though to be fair, some of this might be budgetary. I keep seeing people say stuff like how the game has been in development for 10-12 years, but realistically Team Ninja only had it for 3-4 years. First it was a more traditional jrpg that got canned. Then it got shifted to a Musou game that (thank fvck) got canned. Being sloppy thirds, I'm pretty sure Team Ninja was on a tight budgetary leash. Seems like they put everything they had into what they know. A bitchin combat system and some enemies that are fun to fight. If/when they go on to make a sequel, I'm sure they'll have a lot more leg room.

Still, it's a non issue to me. I can understand why someone looking for a Soulsborne experience might be disappointed, but I'm really diggin what we got; a game that plays way the **** better than all these other ARPGs, and does an admirable enough job at everything else.

bola321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By bola321
Member since 2006 • 26 Posts

@kend0_kap0ni said:

Eh... I would say The Last of Us is that game I feel bad for those who havent played it or dont the the system to play it.

+1 on that... Uncharted is also a great PS exclusive.

I've personally gotten more into action/adventure games (Uncharted, The Last Of Us, Far Cry, and Tomb Raider). I've also played a few open-world games like GTA, Watchdogs, etc and I'll be getting Horizon: Zero Dawn. However, for anyone into action/RPG games, this game has solid ratings across the board (IGN, Metacritic, and GameSpot)

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 kvally

Even if you don't have a PS4, you can play it on your PS Pro.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@Shmiity said:
@n64dd said:
@Shmiity said:

Not even close to being better than Dark Souls. DS has deep NPCs, touching sidequests, a wonderful world that connects and spirals on itself, on top of challenging gameplay. Also has a real sense of being lonely. All Nioh has is the gameplay to match Souls. Copypasta maps, dead NPCs, and menial sidequests that are really just for items. No contest here.

How far are you in Nioh?

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 kvally

@n64dd said:
@Shmiity said:
@n64dd said:
@Shmiity said:

How far are you in Nioh?

Whenever I ask that question on the forum here, I never get an answer.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

It looks like another boring dodge and attack game.

BluFalconUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#138  Edited By BluFalconUltra
Member since 2014 • 459 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@madc0w1011 said:

@n64dd: It's basically the witcher character mixed with ninja gaiden moves.... Can't get behind that.

What?

Did you actually play Nioh?

Of course he hasn't. It's not my type of game, but the game is good from my experience. That's what makes PS so great. There is something for everyone of all tastes. Xbox really needs some variety and diversity exclusively.

RageQuit4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 RageQuit4Life
Member since 2010 • 527 Posts

Bought and played it, so far I've beaten 4th boss (exclude tutorial boss). I really like the game a lot but kinda disappointed about how "easy" it is compared to Dark Souls.

Maybe I would find myself fighting against hard bosses later on. It would make my dong hard as rock.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

I'm lev122 now, and its kinda too easy. I really hope NG+ is difficult af because i'm approaching the end of the game. I did solo a lev145 Twilight mission yesterday (i was lev117) and that shit was difficult as hell, especially the last boss.

Also look at this. Not only is the game great but the dev is supporting it nicely with free stuff

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Shmiity

@n64dd said:
@Shmiity said:
@n64dd said:
@Shmiity said:

How far are you in Nioh?

lvl 70 or so. Just beat Giant Frog

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Shmiity

@kvally said:
@n64dd said:
@Shmiity said:
@n64dd said:
@Shmiity said:

How far are you in Nioh?

Whenever I ask that question on the forum here, I never get an answer.

Im lvl 70 or so. Just beat the frog boss

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#143 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

It look really fun and i love the art direction. It will have to wait, though...too many good games coming almost every day.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 silversix_

Finally beaten the game and the prologue. Will see what's up in NG+

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

@Jebus213 said:

It looks like another boring dodge and attack game.

This is exactly why I won't make the purchase, stupid old school design. Make the boss fights were you need to use your brain to come up with creative ways to beat them, and stop using the fight in a ring/ and you can't retreat. This IMO is just plain stupid.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@getyeryayasout said:
@silversix_ said:

How many hours?

And at what level?

Took a couple of days off here, had so much going on, but I'm back at it now. Curious about how much more there is. Level 90 here.

Guess Silversix is the first System Warrior to clear it, totally getting laid.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 silversix_

@getyeryayasout said:
@silversix_ said:

How many hours?

134h. I did all the side quests, and replayed them in co-op a bunch of times for fun. Level 131 now. I'm also playing mah rpg's slow as hell, and find all the items in each level. So i'm not a good example of the game's estimated length.

By doing all the side stuff and finding all the useful items in each level (hair locks that unlock samurai skill points etc), the game was damn easy, easier than DkS3 even. I'm not 100% sure on that but i think i one shotted every single boss after Prescilla 2.0. At least the main campaign ones.

After beating the game, you unlock a boss fight that has Perscilla 2.0 (Yuki or whatever she's called. the ice queen) and Nobunaga together. THAT was annoyingly difficult. Both are spamming the god damn elemental shit that builds up and you have like 5 debuffs on your ass. For now, this was the most difficult fight in the game for me. Will see what NG+ offers.