Nintendo: We don't have Competition

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Nintendo: We don't have Competition (67 votes)

Nintendo is right. Sony and Microsoft are not competitors 19%
Nintendo is wrong. Sony and Microsoft are competitors 81%

Satoru Iwata: “Instead, we should continue to make our best efforts to seek a blue ocean with no rivals and create a new market with innovative offerings as a medium- to long-term goal.”

So, there are no such thing like Microsoft or Sony. Nintendo ignores Competition

Reggie: We don’t care what the gaming competitors are doing(2 years back)

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/nintendo-still-looking-compete-direclty-competition/

• 
T3H_1337_N1NJ4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 T3H_1337_N1NJ4
Member since 2005 • 2225 Posts

Horrible reading comprehension you got there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#3 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

This statement was years ago, why bring it back now?

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Did you even read? Reggie said we don´t have competition and now Iwata(right now) keeps saying that too.

He said they don´t need better online, or powerful console or any 3rd party support. Iwata said that only AAA exclusive can make Nintendo console sell and thats what they only care.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Because FreedomFreeLife

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

This was years ago. Irrelevant now.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

This was years ago. Irrelevant now.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FreedomFreeLife

@MonsieurX said:

@charizard1605 said:

Because FreedomFreeLife

No, because you TOO FUCKING STUPID.

LEARN TO READ, HE SAID THAT 9HR AGO !!!

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

At this point, I feel so sorry for Nintendo. I have never in my life seen a bigger case of denial than that which is known as Nintendo.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Good way not to lose

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Zero competition and fail to sale their system when no1 is competing with them? How pathetic is that on a scale of 1-10?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@MonsieurX said:

@charizard1605 said:

Because FreedomFreeLife

Stroke a nerve or something?

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

At this point, I feel so sorry for Nintendo. I have never in my life seen a bigger case of denial than that which is known as Nintendo.

But same thing with Nintendo fanboys.

Sony and Microsoft buyers: Why there is no online, achivements and 3rd party games???

Sony and Microsoft: We don´t need online, achivements and 3rd party games.

Sony and Microsoft buyers: What? We want online, achivements and more 3rd party games.

Sony and Microsoft: Alright, we give you all better online, achivements and 3rd party games.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nintendo buyers: Why there is no online, achivements and 3rd party games???

Nintendo: Because there is no competition at all. We don´t need any online, achivements or 3rd party games

Nintendo buyers: Nintendo is right, Nintendo is always right. We don´t need shitty online, achivements and 3rd party games like Playstation and Xbox owners. We got Mario and Zelda and we don´t need nothing more.

Sad but true. Sony and Microsoft buyers wants more, company gives more. Nintendo gives nothing and Nintendo console buyers says nothing about that, instead they start supporting Nintendo even more.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

They had the Blue Ocean Market in their hands on the Wii in 2009, but through it all away in favor of bad games like Metroid: Other M and Skyward Sword :o

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Zero competition and fail to sale their system when no1 is competing with them? How pathetic is that on a scale of 1-10?

@MonsieurX said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@MonsieurX said:

@charizard1605 said:

Because FreedomFreeLife

Stroke a nerve or something?

Have you ever left a comment longer than a sentence

OPTIONS:

1-Yes

2-No

3-You're not allowed to know

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#16 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

LOL TC mad as f***. XD

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

They should try going for the "green ocean" strategy and try and sell some consoles for Green rather than carrying on the same strategy from the Wii era. Bayonetta 2 better be worth waiting for or I be looking getting a decent pc.

Oh and Nintendo are in direct competition with Sony and MS. All 3 are competing for my money so if its sonyms or nintendo say "oh x isnt a rival" then theyre BS-ing.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

You don't get to wave your competitors away. Ultimately your customers decide who your competitors are, not you.

Comduter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Comduter
Member since 2004 • 2316 Posts

TC is wrong. Nintendo stated a long time ago that they have no "direct competitors", however MS and Sony are still competitors none-the-less.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#21  Edited By mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

they dont , you got a problem with that,

the games they make are different , have been for 20 years , no body can come close to nintendo in terms of quality , thats a known fact

you guys have a problem its called fANBOYISM AND THERE IS NO CURE

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@dobzilian said:

They should try going for the "green ocean" strategy and try and sell some consoles for Green rather than carrying on the same strategy from the Wii era. Bayonetta 2 better be worth waiting for or I be looking getting a decent pc.

Oh and Nintendo are in direct competition with Sony and MS. All 3 are competing for my money so if its sonyms or nintendo say "oh x isnt a rival" then theyre BS-ing.

Bayonetta should be pretty great.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

So Nintendo is only competing with.........themselves?

*facepalm*

I see Nintendo going the way of Atari and Sega within the next decade.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24  Edited By jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

because they should have looked at the competition thats why

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

They're so ridiculously lost, and yesterday's presentation proves that they're still no where close to realizing it either.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

Reading comprehension son. Learn it.

If anything this proves that they are in competition with them.

DarthBilf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DarthBilf
Member since 2004 • 1357 Posts

I made my vote before I actually read the non-quote. So please mentally subtract one vote from the Nintendo is wrong tally. And add it to the Nintendo is right tally just to mess with the TC.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

Nintendo: we have no competition.

Everyone else: But you make video game consoles/games and your in the same stores/sections that M$ and Sony are in. Also the rest of the world says you are.

Nintendo: we have no competition, wii make innovative new experiences.

Everyone else: We have had motion gaming since the 90's, touch screens from 10 years ago, and sony/m$ are at least 10 years ahead of you hardware wise. Dont even get us started on your terrible online.

Nintendo: Please, understand.

Everyone: face_palm.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#30 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

In related news, I scratched my ass today.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

I understand Reggie's comment could cause a stir, but I don't see ANYTHING about not having competition in that Iwata quote. If anything, if they are looking for a new blue ocean, that means they want to stay away from competition, which means they had it in the first place.

Is that really that illogical of an assumption? Apparently in this thread it is. Then again I'm just preaching to no one since clearly a lot of people didn't read the quote carefully. If you read the presentation they also went over this as well, but I guess it's understandable that not many would read that.

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

If i were in charge of Nintendo's PR i wouldn't allow any management to speak to the media, the less people know about the little world that Iwata and co live in the better.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

Its interesting how different the corporate world views this industry compared to fanboys.

Another example: in Microsoft's, Sony's, and Nintendo's 10-K reports, they do not list the PC as a competitor for their consoles.

mehgat0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By mehgat0n
Member since 2013 • 34 Posts

They are saying that Nintendo isn't interested in direct competion, as in offering slight variations of what's already popular. This business model is based on brute forcing your way into an established market with aggressive marketing, loss leading, razor blade pricing and all that crap.

In other words the last thing you'll get from Nintendo is a high end gaming console where homogenized western-centric AAA blockbuster games are predominant. Because that market is crowded i.e. red ocean.

Basically the counter argument to Nintendo's philosophy is that Nintendo should just give what gamers want. That they should take a look at what the NPD sales data says and adjust their output accordingly. Nintendo on the other hand refuses to do so by principle, for better or worse. Yamauchi's famous comment of "if it succeeds we will rise to heaven, but if it fails we will sink to hell" is Nintendo's motto. They'll keep offering propositions you never thought would work and while sometimes they don't, occasionally they strike gold.

mehgat0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mehgat0n
Member since 2013 • 34 Posts

@crimsonman1245: Nintendo is a publicly traded company which means they are obligated to explain the reasoning behind their decisions, so yeah not possible.

caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#36 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts

All three sell a hunk of plastic with controllers attached. All three are in the same console market. Wii U launched early to get a lead on its competition and failed.

Nintendo is mind warped and in denial and those that said no drink the Kool Aid.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

Delusional. Like the Nintendo bosses, some of the fanboys are like that too.
The competition and last gen beat Wii U in everything, even without competion for it's 1 year of release.
In matter of a few days, X1 and PS4 have provided heck of a lot more, even PS3 and 360 does this.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

In order to be in competition you 1st gotta find the common factors and compare them. Which is highly unlikel since Nintendo and MicroSony are going in differen't directions, its like saying A Football player and an Hockey Player are competing against one another, even though their both sports, they barely have any simularities, there fore are not competing.

For example MicroSony has favoured the Online multiplayer path and Nintendo the Local Multiplayer path, therefore no competition, saying MicroSony has better online features is like saying an Orange is a better Citrus fruit than an apple. Its totally true and extremely stupid.

Classic "apples and oranges", people !

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#39 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I could make a joke saying that he's right considering there is no market for WiiU, but the reality is that this as Delusional as Nintendo can get.

If they really don't think there is competition then they deserve the treatment they're primarily getting with WiiU.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Lulu_Lulu

@ LegatoSkyheart

The Wii U doesn't target the same Audience as the Microsoft and Sony do. A gain for Microsoft and Sony is not a loss for Nintendo if each consumer wants something different.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#41 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ LegatoSkyheart

The Wii U doesn't target the same Audience as the Microsoft and Sony do. A gain for Microsoft and Sony is not a loss for Nintendo if each consumer wants something different.

please ..they (all 3) target gamers...all 3 will have singstar/dance/fitness/family friendly games...difference is Wii U will miss out on most/if not all 3rd parties action titles. Stop trying to say Nintendo doesn't compete..they are competing when they make a game console..that's just Iwata's defeatist BS stance.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Lulu_Lulu

@ superbuuman

Its the same with Music and movies, theres subcategories with in them that that cater to differen't people. Its not "Sony makes movies and I watch movies so just give me whatever they got deeeeeerrrrrp !".

You may find it hard to believe but Sony and Microsoft are in a category different to Nintendo, they don't do the same type of games nor do they play them sameway meaning they will have non-competing target audiences. Differen't directions dude. Would I be competing with you if I decided to argue about something else in another website, nope, I would just be going somewhere else to do something different.

Gamers are not the same and don't want the same things. Hows more copies of Killzone or Ryse being sold a loss for Nintendo if Nintendo and Wii U owners never wanted those in the 1st place ? Same applies to third Party stuff, Sheep simply don't play them. Its not advantageous for a 3rd Party company to make Assassin's Creed or Battlefield for a console whos owners show no history of ever wanting games like that.

Its the same with Consoles and the Strategy and Simulation Genre. Console gamers simply show no interest, its not a loss to Sony or Microsoft if PCs get all the strategy games consoles never wanted and hermits always did.

More people watching Rom-Coms is not a Loss to Michael Bay and other People who don't do Rom-Coms.

I could go on forever (because you're argument is weak and you didn'r think this through)

You know what you're doing ? You're a dog fighter who makes cats compete just so his dog can get a win. Are you gona drag in CD Players and Say DVD players are better because it plays Videos next, you want your toys that win that badly ? You probably do.

Thats pretty shallow and sad dude. Sheep simply don't want you want, plain and simply.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 FreedomFreeLife

Nintendo had luck with Wii but not anymore.

Nintendo never learns uh?

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#44 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@superbuuman said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ LegatoSkyheart

please ..they (all 3) target gamers...all 3 will have singstar/dance/fitness/family friendly games...difference is Wii U will miss out on most/if not all 3rd parties action titles. Stop trying to say Nintendo doesn't compete..they are competing when they make a game console..that's just Iwata's defeatist BS stance.

exactly.

The WiiU has everything that the other consoles have minus the actual 3rd Party Support.

The WiiU's Launch Line Up was near perfect. The Only bad thing was there wasn't a game from Nintendo themselves that would have drawn the "Hardcore" crowd to the system.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@ LegatoSkyheart

The other consoles don't place an emphasis on Local Multiplayer, or Platformers, or just great gameplay in general (they mask it with Story and Cinematics.... Or skinner box elements, its just an oppinion). As for things like Service Apps and TV and playing BDs and DVDs and Media files, its not gaming related (Hell even Kinect 2 has been relegated to glorified remote status) and I bet you already have devices that do those things far better and are more convenient, easier to use. From a simple device perspective they are competing, not only with with other consoles but anything with a circut board in which case its actually better to own a PC, it does fucking everything ! But thats not the context. The context is just gaming, and in that context they are not. Not as long as Nintendo doesn't go the way of online (And Microsoft and Sony don't go the way of Local features), 3rd Party (which is usually Shooters) and Power (which would be nice for Multiple Wii U Tablets Controllers).

Only problem is the Price of the damn thing, but 1st consider this: you pay XBL Gold and PS+to have all those extra features that the Nintendo does not. Something to consider when taking Value into account.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

Yeah they have no competition, so where have all their gone?

What is actually different about the Wii U? A touch screen? Please.

They could say that about the Wii and I think a lot of people agreed, but not the Wii U.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts
@Boddicker said:

So Nintendo is only competing with.........themselves?

...and still losing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

The fact that they don't consider themselves a part of the competition is probably just a shitty excuse to not even bother fixing their crappy mistakes they've made. Maybe they're just that lazy to even bother fixing Wii U's problems. It will just fix itself I guess.. Idiots.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#49 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Well if consumers are spending their money on a ps4 or x1 then yes Nintendo, you have competition for those dollars. Spin, lie, whatever makes you feel warm and cozy in that warehouse with all those unwanted wiiu's.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#50 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

so in other words, more gimmick gambits