Nintendo: We don't have Competition

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Nintendo: We don't have Competition (67 votes)

Nintendo is right. Sony and Microsoft are not competitors 19%
Nintendo is wrong. Sony and Microsoft are competitors 81%

Satoru Iwata: “Instead, we should continue to make our best efforts to seek a blue ocean with no rivals and create a new market with innovative offerings as a medium- to long-term goal.”

So, there are no such thing like Microsoft or Sony. Nintendo ignores Competition

Reggie: We don’t care what the gaming competitors are doing(2 years back)

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/nintendo-still-looking-compete-direclty-competition/

• 
betamaxx83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 betamaxx83
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

Those are the words of a loser. I admired Nintendo during my childhood it got me into gaming, but my interest in Nintendo has fallen once Sony introduced the PlayStation.

I had a Nintendo 64, and bought the GameCube mostly for the Resident Evil franchise exclusivity until it was ported to the PS2. I didn't even bother to buy a Wii because it just didn't appeal to me. The Wii U still doesn't appeal to me.

They are all delusional. They live in an ancient time, in their own little fantasy world. Nintendo's been dead to me for a very long time.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

Looks like 16% of people think that Nintendo is still right about that and Wii U does not need any 3rd party or online support at all.

I wondering where those people come from?

SonySoldier-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 SonySoldier-_-
Member since 2012 • 1186 Posts

Nintendo just needs to look in the mirror for their competition. Because they're their own worst enemies.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@ FreedomFreeLife

South Africa ! :D

The Wii U is not even that Big here, not like The Wii was.

And to be honest, 3rd Party support would be great....... for some games. As for online, I interact with real people and have zero desire to to kill and be killed online. Perhaps there was a window when Nintendo couldve jumped on that a while back, but that ship has long sailed and anybody who wants to play online already has a system for that, its over, time to try something else and theres plenty of people like me who insist on Local Multiplayer, don't get me wrong, optional online is great for lonly people but, but Nintendo is no different from any other company, they get a taste of that sweet "paying for online multiplayer" money they're going to forget those of us who got friends and family, PC did, Microsoft did, Sony will. You wouldn't try to cater to a market thats already been taken. Why ask Nintendo to do what you wouldn't ?

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#55 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Zero competition and fail to sale their system when no1 is competing with them? How pathetic is that on a scale of 1-10?

There is a saying if you tell yourself something over and over and over, eventually it becomes true. Nintendo sells an electronic device that plays video game. Sony and Microsoft also sell an electronic device that plays video games. Nintendo needs a console that blows bubbles and sprays water on the gamer.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#56 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

@crimsonman1245 said:

If i were in charge of Nintendo's PR i wouldn't allow any management to speak to the media, the less people know about the little world that Iwata and co live in the better.

You know.....you actually make a great point there.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17676 Posts

Not competing absolves Nintendo of actually having to put in effort and WORK for their money. They desire to be in their own field, alone, so they can set their own piss-poor standards and then arrogantly presume they'll heavily profit with the least effort possible. Symptom of the Wii's success.

Although I find it highly amusing that Iwata recently came out and said "there's no point in continuing in this business if we're not winning" after his continual adamence that they don't care about competition.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#58 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19587 Posts

Iwata lacks the ruthlessness of Yamauchi. Instead of taking the competition head on, Iwata instead prefers to shy away from the competition and look for a "blue ocean" where there's no competition. And this worked wonders last gen, but that blue ocean he found has already been filled. And now, once again, he's going after another "blue ocean" with the healthcare market...

Yamauchi, on the other hand, always took the competition head-on, even if it meant eliminating the competition by any means necessary (not too surprising considering Ninendo's former Yakuza connections). Even though Yamauchi never played a video game in his life up until the day he died, what mattered was that he knew how to do business, and did it well enough to establish a multi-billion dollar corporation.

Iwata seems like a nice guy, but if he's always going to be so timid, then maybe he isn't the right man to lead a multi-billion dollar corporation...