Nintendo's Press Conference at E3 better be epic.

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

For their sake I hope they have megatons galore, because the Wii U is hanging by a thread.

We all know a new Zelda will be announced, but they better have other megaton announcements up their sleeve as well.

How important do you think this years E3 is for Nintendo?

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts

They can be pretty hit and miss. They've had some very strong E3s!

This year we may see Zelda, or maybe a new Miyamoto IP.

IMO the Wii U will probably slowly gain some speed, at least. Maybe it will end up having a shorter life but as more games come out people will buy it.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I'm seeing 3 scenarios here:

1.They announce new stuff in a direct before E3, they'll just use E3 to go into further detail with those games. (similar to their last E3)

2. They don't announce much new before E3, and wait until next E3 to announce new stuff.

3. They decide to proverbially shoot themselves in the foot with a shotgun and not announce much before or during E3.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

They will probably say because they don't compete they have no need to do an E3 conference.

They need a miracle to get me even slightly interested in their product.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

Or they probably won´t even have a press conference just like last year.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#8 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

And how do we Nintendo will even have a conference at E3?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@MrYaotubo said:

they didcnt have a conference but they had an e3 hour video and they were at los angeles and had playable booths.

they got starfox, fzero and metroid....if they show all 3...epic. if they show 2....awesome...if they show 1...not bad....if they show 0...epic fail..

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@DJ-Lafleur said:

1.They announce new stuff in a direct before E3, they'll just use E3 to go into further detail with those games. (similar to their last E3)

2. They don't announce much new before E3, and wait until next E3 to announce new stuff.

3. They decide to proverbially shoot themselves in the foot with a shotgun and not announce much before or during E3.

1. Seems plausible.

2. That would be the death of Wii U if they wait until 2015 to announce big titles. This is the make, or break year for the Wii U. If the WIi U struggles throughout 2014 than you can forget about getting announcements for AAA Wii U titles in 2015.

3. Wouldn't surprise me.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11  Edited By Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

Same goes for the PS4 and Xbone cause the upcoming releases are desolate.

Wii U has more coming and may have some hidden surprises.

ldustin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ldustin
Member since 2014 • 133 Posts

Donkey Kong and Mario Kart will already by released so we won't have to suffer through another conference about those sequels.

1. They need to reveal a new sku for $200 without the tablet and they need to rebrand the console as Wii2 or Wii3D going forward.

2. They need to redesign the pro controller as Adam Sessler has suggested. The face buttons need to be moved to the primary location on the pad, and they could replace the second analog stick with a touch pad like the Steam controller. Nintendo needs to get back in the game of actually having a superior controller with superior sticks and comfort.

3. They should reset the focus of this whole system going forward in terms of the interface and just abandon the tablet. I think the best two options are to either give the redesigned pro controller a haptic analog stick or present a new 3D motion controller to replace the Wii remote. Haptics would allow players to feel the game; presenting a whole new experience in the living room, but a new motion controller would more clearly define the console as "not the Wii."

4. Judging from what Iwata has been saying-- we'll most likely get a bunch of QOL shovel ware, Yoshi Yarn, Super Smash fan service, and then a fluffy Zelda game that is built around NFC toys.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

@MrYaotubo said:

they didcnt have a conference but they had an e3 hour video and they were at los angeles and had playable booths.

they got starfox, fzero and metroid....if they show all 3...epic. if they show 2....awesome...if they show 1...not bad....if they show 0...epic fail..

I know they did,but that has considerable less impact than an actual conference,and nintendo sure need all the attention they can get to at least help them get out of the dire state they´re in a bit.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

I could see them gearing up for their next platform sooner rather than later. It might be that console/handheld hybrid they've been hinting at

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

It's just going to be Miyamoto and Iwata in a catsuit again with some interns.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@ldustin said:

Donkey Kong and Mario Kart will already by released so we won't have to suffer through another conference about those sequels.

1. They need to reveal a new sku for $200 without the tablet and they need to rebrand the console as Wii2 or Wii3D going forward.

2. They need to redesign the pro controller as Adam Sessler has suggested. The face buttons need to be moved to the primary location on the pad, and they could replace the second analog stick with a touch pad like the Steam controller. Nintendo needs to get back in the game of actually having a superior controller with superior sticks and comfort.

3. They should reset the focus of this whole system going forward in terms of the interface and just abandon the tablet. I think the best two options are to either give the redesigned pro controller a haptic analog stick or present a new 3D motion controller to replace the Wii remote. Haptics would allow players to feel the game; presenting a whole new experience in the living room, but a new motion controller would more clearly define the console as "not the Wii."

4. Judging from what Iwata has been saying-- we'll most likely get a bunch of QOL shovel ware, Yoshi Yarn, Super Smash fan service, and then a fluffy Zelda game that is built around NFC toys.

the wiiu gamepad is extactly the same as a normal controller...only bigger heavier and with a screen.... its better than a dualshock or x1 controller...it does everything they do and more.

if you want them to get rid of it so they can price the console at 200$....then good luck....but i like the gamepad and its features,

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#17 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

It sure needs to be. Since Mario Kart 8 will already be released, then they'll probably show something new for the Wii-U to get people excited.

F-Zero probably won't happen. It's just not a popular enough of a series to help the Wii-U a whole lot. But you never know. It wasn't that long ago people were begging Nintendo to bring back Donkey Kong Country.

A new StarFox, perhaps? Unlike F-Zero, I really think StarFox has a great chance of returning for the Wii-U. If I recall, the N64 remake on the 3DS sold more than expected.

There's also that new IP Miyamoto is working on that I heard about before.

Also, Metroid is something they may announce. I know the Prime games sold pretty good.

I think we will see at least one of those, with Metroid being the most likely one.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

@ldustin: we won't be seeing the likes of zelda on qol platforms as long as they have their core game business running along with it. At most all the wii fit type games will be moved to it

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

I'm hoping we'll see:

X release date
Bayonetta 2 release date
Super Smash Bros release date
Zelda Wii-U (Most likely we'll see Hyrule Warriors)
Fire Emblem X SMT (to convince my girlfriend about a WiiU purchase)
Yarn Yoshi Footage

Majora's Mask Remake
Dragon Quest VII 3DS Remake NA announcement

Hopefully some more goodies as well.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@Minishdriveby said:

Majora's Mask Remake

This...

+ A metroid game for the 3DS...

One can only dream though.....

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#21 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

@Joedgabe said:

@Minishdriveby said:

Majora's Mask Remake

This...

Ohhh Yeah! That would be great, I would really want a 2D/2.5D Metroid for 3DS.

I feel Majora's Mask is going to happen. Localizations of DQVII and DQM2 remakes are only found in the dreams of children though.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

What I want from Nintendo with the Wii-U:

- Normal controller announced (Gamecube had an awesome controller)
- Zelda with at least PS3 graphics and no forced motion or tablet controls
- Price drop or new sku with at least a 120GB HDD. If new sku, keep price at $200-$250 and lower the price of the others.

Those three things have to happen in order for me to buy a Wii-U. Otherwise, there won't be a current gen Nintendo hooked
up to my TV for the first time since the N64.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

They need Zelda announcement some new IPS and release date for SSB on wii u and 3DS

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#24 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@DJ-Lafleur said:

This.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

If you consider the announcement of Wiiu's discontinuation to be epic than you shall get your wish.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@Minishdriveby said:

@Joedgabe said:

@Minishdriveby said:

Majora's Mask Remake

This...

Ohhh Yeah! That would be great, I would really want a 2D/2.5D Metroid for 3DS.

I feel Majora's Mask is going to happen. Localizations of DQVII and DQM2 remakes are only found in the dreams of children though.

I wish they at least would say what their plans for Metroid are :( and a metroid Fusion like game for the 3DS would really hit the spot!

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#28 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

what we'll see from Nintendo at E3.

WiiU - Everything we knew about including the newest Zelda. No information of Fire Emblem X Shin Megami. We should assume it's been shelved/Canned by now.

3DS - Any Japanese title you would think would show up here will not. (talking about Dragon Quest 7 and Persona Q)

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Last years people assumed the same thing. Nintendo was gonna wow us!!.. And they didn't

The reality is that Nintendo, until they prove otherwise, is in the damage control state with wiiU. They aren't going to push themselves to the limits to see it succeed. They will release cheaply made software of ips that tend to sell based on their name, limit the losses and ride out this generation until they can start over and try again next generation. They will do the bare minimum possible to keep wiiU alive and nothing more. Anything big or ambitious like Earthbound WiiU, or Metroid Prime 4, or something else immersive and expensive won't happen. You'll have to wait for next gen.

Stop hoping for something you'd want or what nintendo has the potential to release. lwata has shown no interest in moving Nintendo and their franchises forward and reaching new limits with new concepts and ideas when it comes to software.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@ldustin: Dude, do this for me and yourself, and honestly everybody who thinks the Wii U joysticks need to be moved -- Pick up the Wii U Gamepad. Rest your thumbs lower on the controller and tell me you want the joysticks any lower. They're placed where they are for comfort reasons.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

My predictions for E3 and Nintendo:

-they will hold a Press Conference this year, not only because they've stated that Zelda U will be revealed, but also because they have their QoL platform to show and expand upon. At this point they can't afford to do that through a Direct and they know it.

-unfortunately, this new QoL platform will more than likely take up the majority of their presentation and will focus on software and info that most of us couldn't give two shits about.

-Miyamoto's long-awaited new IP will be unveiled.

-the Wii U will remain mostly in the background, and what is shown of it (aside from Zelda) will more than likely be what we would expect to see on a Direct (more of the same trailers, new character reveals for games we know about). Aside from Zelda, maybe one (or if God intervenes, two) new game will be announced.

-3DS will be pushed hard, and more half-assed eshop games will be shown. We may see some old IPs get the Link between Worlds treatment. *crosses fingers for Super Metroid*

-account system will be elaborated on.

After last year though, I'm not expecting much at all. Nintendo is well known for disappointment after disappointment.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Nintendo are the masters of disappointing.

While people will be begging for Zelda, Metroid, F Zero, etc. Nintendo will announce their quality of life program. And maybe one game that people asked for.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#33  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

@Telekill said:

What I want from Nintendo with the Wii-U:

- Normal controller announced (Gamecube had an awesome controller)

- Zelda with at least PS3 graphics and no forced motion or tablet controls

- Price drop or new sku with at least a 120GB HDD. If new sku, keep price at $200-$250 and lower the price of the others.

Those three things have to happen in order for me to buy a Wii-U. Otherwise, there won't be a current gen Nintendo hooked

up to my TV for the first time since the N64.

What do you call the Pro? Besides that, the Wii U pad is closer to traditional controls than the Wii Remote is (unless you're playing NES games).

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By nintendoboy16

@trugs26 said:

While people will be begging for Zelda, Metroid, F Zero, etc. Nintendo will announce their quality of life program. And maybe one game that people asked for.

I'm surprised people haven't given up on two of those IP's after the negativity going on with them.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Oh they're actually showing up this year? Well, bring the comedy.

catasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By catasaurus
Member since 2011 • 249 Posts

Maybe a galaxy 3

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

I hope you like Halo, Forza and Kinect games, OP.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nintendoboy16

@catasaurus said:

Maybe a galaxy 3

Well, now there's another part of a Nintendo IP that needs to move on.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Five new Mario announced, a new Zelda for 2016 is planned, they're thinking of making a new Metroid title but this won't be released before 2018. Here's your E3.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@silversix_: And fanboys will overreact with surprise and adoration.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 trugs26

@nintendoboy16 said:

@trugs26 said:

I'm surprised people haven't given up on two of those IP's after the negativity going on with them.

Negativity?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By nintendoboy16

@trugs26 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@trugs26 said:

Negativity?

The usual.

-Bad sales

-third party begging

-"rehash"

-not appealing to the hardcore

I could go on.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@trugs26 said:

What is wrong with Nintendo showing off their QoL titles? Just because they don't appeal to you, doesn't mean they won't appeal to the outside market. Nintendo can't focus on making games for one group of people anymore. They need to look elsewhere to gain market share since their console is plummeting. Plus, they will still have games for you such as Project X, Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei, Bayonetta 2, and Smash Bros for Wii U to go a long with their new direction.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 FireEmblem_Man

@MirkoS77 said:

. We may see some old IPs get the Link between Worlds treatment. *crosses fingers for Super Metroid*

I rather have Metroid dead if it's developed by Sakamoto again

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 trugs26

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@trugs26 said:

What is wrong with Nintendo showing off their QoL titles? Just because they don't appeal to you, doesn't mean they won't appeal to the outside market. Nintendo can't focus on making games for one group of people anymore. They need to look elsewhere to gain market share since their console is plummeting. Plus, they will still have games for you such as Project X, Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei, Bayonetta 2, and Smash Bros for Wii U to go a long with their new direction.

I'm personally looking forward to the QoL announcements. I'm just saying my prediction on the matter (ie the aftermath). The majority of people will come out disappointed because they didn't get F Zero, Star Fox, Zelda, a new IP in a "mature environment", etc.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

Nintendo didn't believe in E3 last year, hopefully they will come crawling back.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@MrYaotubo said:

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 FireEmblem_Man

@trugs26 said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@trugs26 said:

I'm personally looking forward to the QoL announcements. I'm just saying my prediction on the matter (ie the aftermath). The majority of people will come out disappointed because they didn't get F Zero, Star Fox, Zelda, a new IP in a "mature environment", etc.

Okay, well those people are in for a disappointment. As much as I want an F-Zero, the franchise is in Limbo. As for "mature" titles, I'm hoping that Zelda isn't Celda and more like TP.

Tlgersuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Tlgersuperman
Member since 2014 • 88 Posts

Heh, there's nothing they can do. Because they won't throw money they know will go into their reserves outside of probably pushing off the losses from the Wii U. They won't go all in for a complete turn around. They just have to hope Mario kart and Super Smas Bros are enough where everything else has failed.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@trugs26 said:

Their console and marketshare is plummeting due to incompetence of management, nothing else. It's not the gamer's fault, it's not the market. Nintendo is, plain and simple, a corporation run by arrogant, stubborn men who hold antiquated philosophies belonging decades in the past who refuse to modernize. I don't know why people automatically assume that Nintendo's going into some other market will suddenly lead to success when they are unable to be successful in the market they helped build. Nintendo made this market, yet they are unable to profit in it currently. If that's not a statement of poor management, then what is?

If Nintendo is unable to succeed in what they basically single-handedly helped establish due to such corporate ineptness, what gives people confidence that they will be able to succeed anywhere else?

btw: yea, it's probably best to keep Sakamoto away from Metroid at this point. I just hope the next game is developed in-house, not contracted out like Other M was.