Nintendo's Press Conference at E3 better be epic.

  • 52 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by emgesp (2153 posts) -

For their sake I hope they have megatons galore, because the Wii U is hanging by a thread.

We all know a new Zelda will be announced, but they better have other megaton announcements up their sleeve as well.

How important do you think this years E3 is for Nintendo?

#3 Posted by Meinhard1 (6775 posts) -

They can be pretty hit and miss. They've had some very strong E3s!

This year we may see Zelda, or maybe a new Miyamoto IP.

IMO the Wii U will probably slowly gain some speed, at least. Maybe it will end up having a shorter life but as more games come out people will buy it.

#4 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34157 posts) -

I'm seeing 3 scenarios here:

1.They announce new stuff in a direct before E3, they'll just use E3 to go into further detail with those games. (similar to their last E3)

2. They don't announce much new before E3, and wait until next E3 to announce new stuff.

3. They decide to proverbially shoot themselves in the foot with a shotgun and not announce much before or during E3.

#5 Posted by HitmanActual (385 posts) -

They will probably say because they don't compete they have no need to do an E3 conference.

They need a miracle to get me even slightly interested in their product.

#6 Posted by MrYaotubo (2709 posts) -

Or they probably won´t even have a press conference just like last year.

#8 Posted by wiifan001 (18420 posts) -

And how do we Nintendo will even have a conference at E3?

#9 Edited by KBFloYd (13806 posts) -

@MrYaotubo said:

Or they probably won´t even have a press conference just like last year.

they didcnt have a conference but they had an e3 hour video and they were at los angeles and had playable booths.

they got starfox, fzero and metroid....if they show all 3...epic. if they show 2....awesome...if they show 1...not bad....if they show 0...epic fail..

#10 Posted by emgesp (2153 posts) -

@DJ-Lafleur said:

I'm seeing 3 scenarios here:

1.They announce new stuff in a direct before E3, they'll just use E3 to go into further detail with those games. (similar to their last E3)

2. They don't announce much new before E3, and wait until next E3 to announce new stuff.

3. They decide to proverbially shoot themselves in the foot with a shotgun and not announce much before or during E3.

1. Seems plausible.

2. That would be the death of Wii U if they wait until 2015 to announce big titles. This is the make, or break year for the Wii U. If the WIi U struggles throughout 2014 than you can forget about getting announcements for AAA Wii U titles in 2015.

3. Wouldn't surprise me.

#11 Edited by Big_Pecks (5350 posts) -

Same goes for the PS4 and Xbone cause the upcoming releases are desolate.

Wii U has more coming and may have some hidden surprises.

#12 Edited by ldustin (48 posts) -

Donkey Kong and Mario Kart will already by released so we won't have to suffer through another conference about those sequels.

1. They need to reveal a new sku for $200 without the tablet and they need to rebrand the console as Wii2 or Wii3D going forward.

2. They need to redesign the pro controller as Adam Sessler has suggested. The face buttons need to be moved to the primary location on the pad, and they could replace the second analog stick with a touch pad like the Steam controller. Nintendo needs to get back in the game of actually having a superior controller with superior sticks and comfort.

3. They should reset the focus of this whole system going forward in terms of the interface and just abandon the tablet. I think the best two options are to either give the redesigned pro controller a haptic analog stick or present a new 3D motion controller to replace the Wii remote. Haptics would allow players to feel the game; presenting a whole new experience in the living room, but a new motion controller would more clearly define the console as "not the Wii."

4. Judging from what Iwata has been saying-- we'll most likely get a bunch of QOL shovel ware, Yoshi Yarn, Super Smash fan service, and then a fluffy Zelda game that is built around NFC toys.

#13 Posted by MrYaotubo (2709 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@MrYaotubo said:

Or they probably won´t even have a press conference just like last year.

they didcnt have a conference but they had an e3 hour video and they were at los angeles and had playable booths.

they got starfox, fzero and metroid....if they show all 3...epic. if they show 2....awesome...if they show 1...not bad....if they show 0...epic fail..

I know they did,but that has considerable less impact than an actual conference,and nintendo sure need all the attention they can get to at least help them get out of the dire state they´re in a bit.

#14 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22488 posts) -

I could see them gearing up for their next platform sooner rather than later. It might be that console/handheld hybrid they've been hinting at

#15 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14432 posts) -

It's just going to be Miyamoto and Iwata in a catsuit again with some interns.

#16 Edited by KBFloYd (13806 posts) -

@ldustin said:

Donkey Kong and Mario Kart will already by released so we won't have to suffer through another conference about those sequels.

1. They need to reveal a new sku for $200 without the tablet and they need to rebrand the console as Wii2 or Wii3D going forward.

2. They need to redesign the pro controller as Adam Sessler has suggested. The face buttons need to be moved to the primary location on the pad, and they could replace the second analog stick with a touch pad like the Steam controller. Nintendo needs to get back in the game of actually having a superior controller with superior sticks and comfort.

3. They should reset the focus of this whole system going forward in terms of the interface and just abandon the tablet. I think the best two options are to either give the redesigned pro controller a haptic analog stick or present a new 3D motion controller to replace the Wii remote. Haptics would allow players to feel the game; presenting a whole new experience in the living room, but a new motion controller would more clearly define the console as "not the Wii."

4. Judging from what Iwata has been saying-- we'll most likely get a bunch of QOL shovel ware, Yoshi Yarn, Super Smash fan service, and then a fluffy Zelda game that is built around NFC toys.

the wiiu gamepad is extactly the same as a normal controller...only bigger heavier and with a screen.... its better than a dualshock or x1 controller...it does everything they do and more.

if you want them to get rid of it so they can price the console at 200$....then good luck....but i like the gamepad and its features,

#17 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9626 posts) -

It sure needs to be. Since Mario Kart 8 will already be released, then they'll probably show something new for the Wii-U to get people excited.

F-Zero probably won't happen. It's just not a popular enough of a series to help the Wii-U a whole lot. But you never know. It wasn't that long ago people were begging Nintendo to bring back Donkey Kong Country.

A new StarFox, perhaps? Unlike F-Zero, I really think StarFox has a great chance of returning for the Wii-U. If I recall, the N64 remake on the 3DS sold more than expected.

There's also that new IP Miyamoto is working on that I heard about before.

Also, Metroid is something they may announce. I know the Prime games sold pretty good.

I think we will see at least one of those, with Metroid being the most likely one.

#18 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22488 posts) -

@ldustin: we won't be seeing the likes of zelda on qol platforms as long as they have their core game business running along with it. At most all the wii fit type games will be moved to it

#19 Posted by Minishdriveby (10015 posts) -

I'm hoping we'll see:

X release date
Bayonetta 2 release date
Super Smash Bros release date
Zelda Wii-U (Most likely we'll see Hyrule Warriors)
Fire Emblem X SMT (to convince my girlfriend about a WiiU purchase)
Yarn Yoshi Footage

Majora's Mask Remake
Dragon Quest VII 3DS Remake NA announcement

Hopefully some more goodies as well.

#20 Posted by Joedgabe (5115 posts) -

@Minishdriveby said:

Majora's Mask Remake

This...

+ A metroid game for the 3DS...

One can only dream though.....

#21 Posted by Minishdriveby (10015 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

@Minishdriveby said:

Majora's Mask Remake

This...

+ A metroid game for the 3DS...

One can only dream though.....

Ohhh Yeah! That would be great, I would really want a 2D/2.5D Metroid for 3DS.

I feel Majora's Mask is going to happen. Localizations of DQVII and DQM2 remakes are only found in the dreams of children though.

#22 Posted by Telekill (4694 posts) -

What I want from Nintendo with the Wii-U:

- Normal controller announced (Gamecube had an awesome controller)
- Zelda with at least PS3 graphics and no forced motion or tablet controls
- Price drop or new sku with at least a 120GB HDD. If new sku, keep price at $200-$250 and lower the price of the others.

Those three things have to happen in order for me to buy a Wii-U. Otherwise, there won't be a current gen Nintendo hooked
up to my TV for the first time since the N64.

#23 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3548 posts) -

They need Zelda announcement some new IPS and release date for SSB on wii u and 3DS

#24 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7484 posts) -

@DJ-Lafleur said:

I'm seeing 3 scenarios here:

1.They announce new stuff in a direct before E3, they'll just use E3 to go into further detail with those games. (similar to their last E3)

2. They don't announce much new before E3, and wait until next E3 to announce new stuff.

3. They decide to proverbially shoot themselves in the foot with a shotgun and not announce much before or during E3.

This.

#25 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

If you consider the announcement of Wiiu's discontinuation to be epic than you shall get your wish.

#26 Posted by Joedgabe (5115 posts) -

@Minishdriveby said:

@Joedgabe said:

@Minishdriveby said:

Majora's Mask Remake

This...

+ A metroid game for the 3DS...

One can only dream though.....

Ohhh Yeah! That would be great, I would really want a 2D/2.5D Metroid for 3DS.

I feel Majora's Mask is going to happen. Localizations of DQVII and DQM2 remakes are only found in the dreams of children though.

I wish they at least would say what their plans for Metroid are :( and a metroid Fusion like game for the 3DS would really hit the spot!

#28 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25550 posts) -

what we'll see from Nintendo at E3.

WiiU - Everything we knew about including the newest Zelda. No information of Fire Emblem X Shin Megami. We should assume it's been shelved/Canned by now.

3DS - Any Japanese title you would think would show up here will not. (talking about Dragon Quest 7 and Persona Q)

#29 Posted by VendettaRed07 (14012 posts) -

Last years people assumed the same thing. Nintendo was gonna wow us!!.. And they didn't

The reality is that Nintendo, until they prove otherwise, is in the damage control state with wiiU. They aren't going to push themselves to the limits to see it succeed. They will release cheaply made software of ips that tend to sell based on their name, limit the losses and ride out this generation until they can start over and try again next generation. They will do the bare minimum possible to keep wiiU alive and nothing more. Anything big or ambitious like Earthbound WiiU, or Metroid Prime 4, or something else immersive and expensive won't happen. You'll have to wait for next gen.

Stop hoping for something you'd want or what nintendo has the potential to release. lwata has shown no interest in moving Nintendo and their franchises forward and reaching new limits with new concepts and ideas when it comes to software.

#30 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2604 posts) -

@ldustin: Dude, do this for me and yourself, and honestly everybody who thinks the Wii U joysticks need to be moved -- Pick up the Wii U Gamepad. Rest your thumbs lower on the controller and tell me you want the joysticks any lower. They're placed where they are for comfort reasons.

#31 Edited by MirkoS77 (7580 posts) -

My predictions for E3 and Nintendo:

-they will hold a Press Conference this year, not only because they've stated that Zelda U will be revealed, but also because they have their QoL platform to show and expand upon. At this point they can't afford to do that through a Direct and they know it.

-unfortunately, this new QoL platform will more than likely take up the majority of their presentation and will focus on software and info that most of us couldn't give two shits about.

-Miyamoto's long-awaited new IP will be unveiled.

-the Wii U will remain mostly in the background, and what is shown of it (aside from Zelda) will more than likely be what we would expect to see on a Direct (more of the same trailers, new character reveals for games we know about). Aside from Zelda, maybe one (or if God intervenes, two) new game will be announced.

-3DS will be pushed hard, and more half-assed eshop games will be shown. We may see some old IPs get the Link between Worlds treatment. *crosses fingers for Super Metroid*

-account system will be elaborated on.

After last year though, I'm not expecting much at all. Nintendo is well known for disappointment after disappointment.

#32 Posted by trugs26 (5572 posts) -

Nintendo are the masters of disappointing.

While people will be begging for Zelda, Metroid, F Zero, etc. Nintendo will announce their quality of life program. And maybe one game that people asked for.

#33 Edited by nintendoboy16 (26872 posts) -

@Telekill said:

What I want from Nintendo with the Wii-U:

- Normal controller announced (Gamecube had an awesome controller)

- Zelda with at least PS3 graphics and no forced motion or tablet controls

- Price drop or new sku with at least a 120GB HDD. If new sku, keep price at $200-$250 and lower the price of the others.

Those three things have to happen in order for me to buy a Wii-U. Otherwise, there won't be a current gen Nintendo hooked

up to my TV for the first time since the N64.

What do you call the Pro? Besides that, the Wii U pad is closer to traditional controls than the Wii Remote is (unless you're playing NES games).

#34 Edited by nintendoboy16 (26872 posts) -

@trugs26 said:

Nintendo are the masters of disappointing.

While people will be begging for Zelda, Metroid, F Zero, etc. Nintendo will announce their quality of life program. And maybe one game that people asked for.

I'm surprised people haven't given up on two of those IP's after the negativity going on with them.

#35 Posted by DocSanchez (1640 posts) -

Oh they're actually showing up this year? Well, bring the comedy.

#36 Edited by catasaurus (221 posts) -

Maybe a galaxy 3

#37 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5105 posts) -

I hope you like Halo, Forza and Kinect games, OP.

#38 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26872 posts) -

@catasaurus said:

Maybe a galaxy 3

Well, now there's another part of a Nintendo IP that needs to move on.

#39 Posted by silversix_ (14789 posts) -

Five new Mario announced, a new Zelda for 2016 is planned, they're thinking of making a new Metroid title but this won't be released before 2018. Here's your E3.

#40 Edited by DocSanchez (1640 posts) -

@silversix_: And fanboys will overreact with surprise and adoration.

#41 Posted by trugs26 (5572 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@trugs26 said:

Nintendo are the masters of disappointing.

While people will be begging for Zelda, Metroid, F Zero, etc. Nintendo will announce their quality of life program. And maybe one game that people asked for.

I'm surprised people haven't given up on two of those IP's after the negativity going on with them.

Negativity?

#42 Edited by nintendoboy16 (26872 posts) -

@trugs26 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@trugs26 said:

Nintendo are the masters of disappointing.

While people will be begging for Zelda, Metroid, F Zero, etc. Nintendo will announce their quality of life program. And maybe one game that people asked for.

I'm surprised people haven't given up on two of those IP's after the negativity going on with them.

Negativity?

The usual.

-Bad sales

-third party begging

-"rehash"

-not appealing to the hardcore

I could go on.

#43 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (8769 posts) -

@trugs26 said:

Nintendo are the masters of disappointing.

While people will be begging for Zelda, Metroid, F Zero, etc. Nintendo will announce their quality of life program. And maybe one game that people asked for.

What is wrong with Nintendo showing off their QoL titles? Just because they don't appeal to you, doesn't mean they won't appeal to the outside market. Nintendo can't focus on making games for one group of people anymore. They need to look elsewhere to gain market share since their console is plummeting. Plus, they will still have games for you such as Project X, Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei, Bayonetta 2, and Smash Bros for Wii U to go a long with their new direction.

#44 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (8769 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

. We may see some old IPs get the Link between Worlds treatment. *crosses fingers for Super Metroid*

I rather have Metroid dead if it's developed by Sakamoto again

#45 Posted by trugs26 (5572 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@trugs26 said:

Nintendo are the masters of disappointing.

While people will be begging for Zelda, Metroid, F Zero, etc. Nintendo will announce their quality of life program. And maybe one game that people asked for.

What is wrong with Nintendo showing off their QoL titles? Just because they don't appeal to you, doesn't mean they won't appeal to the outside market. Nintendo can't focus on making games for one group of people anymore. They need to look elsewhere to gain market share since their console is plummeting. Plus, they will still have games for you such as Project X, Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei, Bayonetta 2, and Smash Bros for Wii U to go a long with their new direction.

I'm personally looking forward to the QoL announcements. I'm just saying my prediction on the matter (ie the aftermath). The majority of people will come out disappointed because they didn't get F Zero, Star Fox, Zelda, a new IP in a "mature environment", etc.

#46 Posted by Alcapello (953 posts) -

Nintendo didn't believe in E3 last year, hopefully they will come crawling back.

#47 Edited by misterpmedia (3468 posts) -

@MrYaotubo said:

Or they probably won´t even have a press conference just like last year.

#48 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (8769 posts) -

@trugs26 said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@trugs26 said:

Nintendo are the masters of disappointing.

While people will be begging for Zelda, Metroid, F Zero, etc. Nintendo will announce their quality of life program. And maybe one game that people asked for.

What is wrong with Nintendo showing off their QoL titles? Just because they don't appeal to you, doesn't mean they won't appeal to the outside market. Nintendo can't focus on making games for one group of people anymore. They need to look elsewhere to gain market share since their console is plummeting. Plus, they will still have games for you such as Project X, Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei, Bayonetta 2, and Smash Bros for Wii U to go a long with their new direction.

I'm personally looking forward to the QoL announcements. I'm just saying my prediction on the matter (ie the aftermath). The majority of people will come out disappointed because they didn't get F Zero, Star Fox, Zelda, a new IP in a "mature environment", etc.

Okay, well those people are in for a disappointment. As much as I want an F-Zero, the franchise is in Limbo. As for "mature" titles, I'm hoping that Zelda isn't Celda and more like TP.

#49 Edited by Tlgersuperman (87 posts) -

Heh, there's nothing they can do. Because they won't throw money they know will go into their reserves outside of probably pushing off the losses from the Wii U. They won't go all in for a complete turn around. They just have to hope Mario kart and Super Smas Bros are enough where everything else has failed.

#50 Edited by MirkoS77 (7580 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@trugs26 said:

Nintendo are the masters of disappointing.

While people will be begging for Zelda, Metroid, F Zero, etc. Nintendo will announce their quality of life program. And maybe one game that people asked for.

What is wrong with Nintendo showing off their QoL titles? Just because they don't appeal to you, doesn't mean they won't appeal to the outside market. Nintendo can't focus on making games for one group of people anymore. They need to look elsewhere to gain market share since their console is plummeting. Plus, they will still have games for you such as Project X, Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei, Bayonetta 2, and Smash Bros for Wii U to go a long with their new direction.

Their console and marketshare is plummeting due to incompetence of management, nothing else. It's not the gamer's fault, it's not the market. Nintendo is, plain and simple, a corporation run by arrogant, stubborn men who hold antiquated philosophies belonging decades in the past who refuse to modernize. I don't know why people automatically assume that Nintendo's going into some other market will suddenly lead to success when they are unable to be successful in the market they helped build. Nintendo made this market, yet they are unable to profit in it currently. If that's not a statement of poor management, then what is?

If Nintendo is unable to succeed in what they basically single-handedly helped establish due to such corporate ineptness, what gives people confidence that they will be able to succeed anywhere else?

btw: yea, it's probably best to keep Sakamoto away from Metroid at this point. I just hope the next game is developed in-house, not contracted out like Other M was.