Nintendo's Press Conference at E3 better be epic.

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#51 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

"Wii U is hanging by a thread"

And yet it has several games worth playing while the best offerings on the PS4 and Xbone since launch have been multiplats.

It's sad we live in an age where a games console with actual games is the one selling poorly.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#52 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Its Nintendo so seriously what can they show other than a game that has Mario or Link in it? its the same stuff over and over again.

i'd personally be all excited for Nintendo if they announce a console pokemon game or a whole new console that goes on bar with the PS4

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#53 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@trugs26 said:

Nintendo are the masters of disappointing.

While people will be begging for Zelda, Metroid, F Zero, etc. Nintendo will announce their quality of life program. And maybe one game that people asked for.

What is wrong with Nintendo showing off their QoL titles? Just because they don't appeal to you, doesn't mean they won't appeal to the outside market. Nintendo can't focus on making games for one group of people anymore. They need to look elsewhere to gain market share since their console is plummeting. Plus, they will still have games for you such as Project X, Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei, Bayonetta 2, and Smash Bros for Wii U to go a long with their new direction.

Their console and marketshare is plummeting due to incompetence of management, nothing else. It's not the gamer's fault, it's not the market. Nintendo is, plain and simple, a corporation run by arrogant, stubborn men who hold antiquated philosophies belonging decades in the past who refuse to modernize. I don't know why people automatically assume that Nintendo's going into some other market will suddenly lead to success when they are unable to be successful in the market they helped build. Nintendo made this market, yet they are unable to profit in it currently. If that's not a statement of poor management, then what is?

If Nintendo is unable to succeed in what they basically single-handedly helped establish due to such corporate ineptness, what gives people confidence that they will be able to succeed anywhere else?

btw: yea, it's probably best to keep Sakamoto away from Metroid at this point. I just hope the next game is developed in-house, not contracted out like Other M was.

Who said I was blaming gamers? I just said that they can't concentrate on getting the hardcore anymore. Yes, there is issues with Nintendo's front office, but we can also blame Nintendo's game designers too, for not looking else. I want to blame Miyamoto, but that will cause me to bring up a flame shield. Another problem is Nintendo developers keep bringing lame designs to their games. I'm sorry, I'm not a fan of Cat Suit Mario nor a fan of paint-drawn Link. Yes, Nintendo can make great gameplay and achieve AAA success on their games, but there also needs to be change on what they design their games for. I'm not asking for Bald space marine stereotype games, I'm asking for games with edge and have a sense of evil in them like Majora's Mask.

We can blame the corporate office of Nintendo for poor Wii U marketing, but we can also blame developers for not making good design games to sell.

As for making Metroid in-house? Sakamoto will find ways to get involved, Retro has done a fine job keeping Metroid's edge in tact and I believe they can make a good 2D Metroid game.

IamAdorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 IamAdorable
Member since 2013 • 407 Posts

The droughts are bad. And I don't see them improving. Their latest Nintendo Direct kinda said it all.
I hope for good things at E3 though.