Nintendo Announces Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, October 2013, Full 3D, Vita Dead

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#951 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Wait the grass one is supposed to be a hedgehog? I thought all hedgehogs were blue:x

Sebastien_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#952 Sebastien_
Member since 2013 • 31 Posts
Why not make a real 3D game like mario 64 2.. Nintendo is just milking now, those graphics are aweful.
DarthBilf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#953 DarthBilf
Member since 2004 • 1357 Posts

I'm loving Fennekin's design. Looks like this is the end for my water starter tradition. :P

ANIMEguy10034
You can't. Once you join us, you're in for life.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#954 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

[QUOTE="campzor"]this is probably the best announcement this entire gen... I am EXTREMELY happy with this news. I have ALWAYS wanted a full 3d pokemon game and nintendo ***** dropped the bomb. Not that i care, as i will enjoy the game 100% but the graphics are pretty underwhelming, even for the 3ds. I also have NO IDEA what the grass starter is suppose to be? A monkey? I dunno... I also dont know what version ill be getting... that will depend i guess on the exclusive version pokemon, as both legendaries seem cool so that wont make me decide. Got even more hyped up when i was hearing that classic pkm tune when they were revealing the legendaries  2013 best year in gaming....ever? Also WORLDWIDE ***** RELEASEE?? JESUS CHRIST, NINTENDO IS BACK ON MY "LIKE" LIST!!charizard1605
The graphics look marginally better than the DS Dragon Quest games. I think they're great, because they translate the classic Pokemon artstyle into 3D so well. The battles especially look glorious. But yeah, the 3DS is capable of SO MUCH MORE. Hopefully, as Game Freak gets more familiar with the hardware, their 3DS games will look better. Diamond/Pearl barely looked better than the GBA Pokemon games; Black/White were probably the best looking games on the DS. The grass starter is supposed to be a hedgehog, I think :P And screw that, I'm getting X, I want that stag :P There's too many flying type legendaries already lol.

Both legendaries look good.. ill end up getting both knowing me lol

Which starter do you seem to be leaning more towards? I know its impossible without the final form..but still :P

Ive started with a fire pokemon every gen except the first (because bulbasaur is just too awesome)

I might go back to grass. Never been a fan of the water starters except squirtle. But ill have to wait for the final forms.. dont want some ugly POS lol

and i prayer to god the fire starter isnt fire/fighting type..so SICK of that. I would love PURE types.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#955 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="campzor"]this is probably the best announcement this entire gen... I am EXTREMELY happy with this news. I have ALWAYS wanted a full 3d pokemon game and nintendo ***** dropped the bomb. Not that i care, as i will enjoy the game 100% but the graphics are pretty underwhelming, even for the 3ds. I also have NO IDEA what the grass starter is suppose to be? A monkey? I dunno... I also dont know what version ill be getting... that will depend i guess on the exclusive version pokemon, as both legendaries seem cool so that wont make me decide. Got even more hyped up when i was hearing that classic pkm tune when they were revealing the legendaries  2013 best year in gaming....ever? Also WORLDWIDE ***** RELEASEE?? JESUS CHRIST, NINTENDO IS BACK ON MY "LIKE" LIST!!

The graphics look marginally better than the DS Dragon Quest games. I think they're great, because they translate the classic Pokemon artstyle into 3D so well. The battles especially look glorious. But yeah, the 3DS is capable of SO MUCH MORE. Hopefully, as Game Freak gets more familiar with the hardware, their 3DS games will look better. Diamond/Pearl barely looked better than the GBA Pokemon games; Black/White were probably the best looking games on the DS. The grass starter is supposed to be a hedgehog, I think :P And screw that, I'm getting X, I want that stag :P There's too many flying type legendaries already lol.

Both legendaries look good.. ill end up getting both knowing me lol Which starter do you seem to be leaning more towards? I know its impossible without the final form..but still :P Ive started with a fire pokemon every gen except the first (because bulbasaur is just too awesome) I might go back to grass.

I always, always, ALWAYS pick the Fire starter so that one :P
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#956 campzor
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] The graphics look marginally better than the DS Dragon Quest games. I think they're great, because they translate the classic Pokemon artstyle into 3D so well. The battles especially look glorious. But yeah, the 3DS is capable of SO MUCH MORE. Hopefully, as Game Freak gets more familiar with the hardware, their 3DS games will look better. Diamond/Pearl barely looked better than the GBA Pokemon games; Black/White were probably the best looking games on the DS. The grass starter is supposed to be a hedgehog, I think :P And screw that, I'm getting X, I want that stag :P There's too many flying type legendaries already lol.

Both legendaries look good.. ill end up getting both knowing me lol Which starter do you seem to be leaning more towards? I know its impossible without the final form..but still :P Ive started with a fire pokemon every gen except the first (because bulbasaur is just too awesome) I might go back to grass.

yee ill probably go with fire starter, though ive been itching to start with a grass type. GOD DAMMIT I NEED TO SEE THE FINAL EVOS! Any word on the next batch of info? Whens that new issue of that magazine coming out? (Coroco or something like that)
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#957 PhazonBlazer

I went:

Gen 1-Charmander

Gen 2-Totodile

Gen 3-Torchic

Gen 4-Chimchar

Gen 5-Oshawott

I guess I'll pick Fennekin this gen.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#958 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="campzor"] Both legendaries look good.. ill end up getting both knowing me lol Which starter do you seem to be leaning more towards? I know its impossible without the final form..but still :P Ive started with a fire pokemon every gen except the first (because bulbasaur is just too awesome) I might go back to grass.

yee ill probably go with fire starter, though ive been itching to start with a grass type. GOD DAMMIT I NEED TO SEE THE FINAL EVOS! Any word on the next batch of info? Whens that new issue of that magazine coming out? (Coroco or something like that)

Yep, just got more information, straight from the president of The Pokemon Company (thanks enforcedspot for linking me to the GoNintendo article that lists all of these): - In addition to existing Pokemon, there will be a large number of completely new Pokemon. - The additions will bring the total number of Pokemon in the franchise from the current 649 to over 700. - People around the world will be able to simultaneously experience Real Play. - The game will utilize the 3DS to its maximum abilities to leverage its overwhelmingly beautiful presentation - game uses an innovative communication system that makes it feel as if you are playing with other players around the world - bonds between players and Pokemon will deepen, and Pokemon will become stronger with the new battle structure - Everyone will enjoy the games scenario and music.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#959 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

I went:

Gen 1-Charmander

Gen 2-Totodile

Gen 3-Torchic

Gen 4-Chimchar

Gen 5-Oshawott

PhazonBlazer
I'm listing only the starters I picked in my first game, because I replayed each game so many times that I've played with every starter: Gen 1: Charmander Gen 2: Cyndaquil Gen 3: Torchic Gen 4: Chimchar Gen 5: Tepig
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#960 PhazonBlazer

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

I went:

Gen 1-Charmander

Gen 2-Totodile

Gen 3-Torchic

Gen 4-Chimchar

Gen 5-Oshawott

charizard1605

I'm listing only the starters I picked in my first game, because I replayed each game so many times that I've played with every starter: Gen 1: Charmander Gen 2: Cyndaquil Gen 3: Torchic Gen 4: Chimchar Gen 5: Tepig

Cyndaquil has nothing on a crocodile and Tepig was just another Fire-Fighting type (even though I'm using it in White 2 right now)

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#961 campzor

- In addition to existing Pokemon, there will be a large number of completely new Pokemon. - The additions will bring the total number of Pokemon in the franchise from the current 649 to over 700. - People around the world will be able to simultaneously experience Real Play. - The game will utilize the 3DS to its maximum abilities to leverage its overwhelmingly beautiful presentation - game uses an innovative communication system that makes it feel as if you are playing with other players around the world - bonds between players and Pokemon will deepen, and Pokemon will become stronger with the new battle structure - Everyone will enjoy the games scenario and music.charizard1605
Awesome, Im very keen to try out this new battle structure, im literally over the moon with the changes.
because I replayed each game so many times that I've played with every starter: charizard1605
bu..bu..but how can you catch them all if you keep replaying them! :cry:

Sebastien_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#962 Sebastien_
Wait! Dont go... You can fight your pokemon online now? Ok maybe will buy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#963 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

I went:

Gen 1-Charmander

Gen 2-Totodile

Gen 3-Torchic

Gen 4-Chimchar

Gen 5-Oshawott

PhazonBlazer

Cyndaquil has nothing on a crocodile and Tepig was just another Fire-Fighting type (even though I'm using it in White 2 right now)

Cyndaquil was epic, bro.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#964 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
^ Back then, I simply didn't care :P
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#965 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

You can fight your pokemon online now?Sebastien_

Um....

Anyways, they better have fixed their online structure this time around. They can't keep having online tournaments with disconnects being so rampant and legit players getting disqualified.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#966 PhazonBlazer

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] I'm listing only the starters I picked in my first game, because I replayed each game so many times that I've played with every starter: Gen 1: Charmander Gen 2: Cyndaquil Gen 3: Torchic Gen 4: Chimchar Gen 5: Tepigcharizard1605

Cyndaquil was epic, bro.

But Totodile was totodiley awesome!:cool:

Sebastien_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#967 Sebastien_

[QUOTE="Sebastien_"]You can fight your pokemon online now?metroidfood

Um....

Anyways, they better have fixed their online structure this time around. They can't keep having online tournaments with disconnects being so rampant and legit players getting disqualified.

ahh i c...:(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#968 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

PhazonBlazer

Cyndaquil was epic, bro.

All three Gen II starters were awesome. Best batch of starters ever, tied with Gen I.
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#969 PhazonBlazer

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] Cyndaquil was epic, bro.charizard1605

All three Gen II starters were awesome. Best batch of starters ever, tied with Gen I.

The worst were Gen 5, except Snivy looked pretty cool.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#970 campzor
[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] Cyndaquil was epic, bro.charizard1605

ewww no, Chikorita was the lame :P Gen 1 > gen 2! none of this tied nonsense!
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#971 campzor
after gen 6 is out..we need a pokemon smash game, just like how there is a digimon rumble arena. all 700+ pokemon! :D
Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#972 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

i hope nintendo bundles the games with the XL. would make a nice christmas gift.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#973 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
I'm a little bit worried about this "new battle structure" thing I'm hearing about.
Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#974 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

I'm a little bit worried about this "new battle structure" thing I'm hearing about.Shinobishyguy
whats wrong with it?

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#975 PhazonBlazer

after gen 6 is out..we need a pokemon smash game, just like how there is a digimon rumble arena. all 700+ pokemon! :Dcampzor

People actually played that game besides me:shock:

That game was so much fun!

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#976 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

so they finally ran out of colors so they went witih x and y:lol:

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#977 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

You can't. Once you join us, you're in for life.DarthBilf
NOOOOooooooOOOOooooo!
Then again, picking Froakie and nicknaming him Benjamin would be sweet. :P

[spoiler]

tumblr_mgc4h3bKmR1r7zfr1o1_1280.png

[/spoiler]

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#978 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Once black and White 2 was announced I was sure we wouldn't see a 3DS pokemon game till 2014. Glad I was wrong.

Also.. This is the last time that an announcement, that had an announcement for the announcement actually lived up to something that made people happy and excited. I can't remember the last time that happened. The last one I remember was when Square said they were gonna make a big announcement and people were like getting really exciting thinking about the possibilities and it turned out to just be an iOS port of The World Ends With You lol

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#979 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

im surprised they gave it a world wide release date, instead of japan getting it first

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#980 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts
I bet there will be a refridgeratormon. Just you guys watch.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#981 campzor

[QUOTE="campzor"]after gen 6 is out..we need a pokemon smash game, just like how there is a digimon rumble arena. all 700+ pokemon! :DPhazonBlazer

People actually played that game besides me:shock:

That game was so much fun!

its that smash type gameplay. OF COURSE ITS FUN! :P
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#982 PhazonBlazer

I bet there will be a refridgeratormon. Just you guys watch.shadowchronicle

They already had one...

9952464.jpg

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#983 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

[QUOTE="shadowchronicle"]I bet there will be a refridgeratormon. Just you guys watch.PhazonBlazer

They already had one...

9952464.jpg

oh.. chairmon?
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#984 campzor
Zlurodirom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#985 Zlurodirom
Member since 2006 • 1281 Posts

To those suggesting the fire starter is a fire/psychic pokemon, I didn't think of this when I first saw the video, I thought of screech. Here's my analysis:

When I first saw the video I thought of screech as the second attack shown by the fire starter. While it is purple, the animation is similar to past screech animations. Small circles moving away from the attacking pokemon and towards the defending pokemon (even opens the mouth? Since when do psychic pokemon need physical help for a psychic attack?! Or it could just be the pokemon's standard attack animation), the defending pokemon engulfed in the effect, and the effect I cant describe that resembles stats being weakend (when there is a circle around the pokemon and kind of downward arrows thing). Also, why would a fire/psychic pokemon use psychic against another psychic pokemon (and not be very effective) when they could use a fire attack (or maybe bite/crunch?), doesn't all add up to me. Any input?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#986 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
 .campzor
About damn time tackle ment going up to the other Pokemon and body slamming the mother. Why wasn't this level of animation in the stadium games?
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#987 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Also, why would a fire/psychic pokemon use psychic against another psychic pokemon (and not be very effective) when they could use a fire attack (or maybe bite/crunch?), doesn't all add up to me.Zlurodirom
In the trailer, you can see a Litwick use a fire move on a Psyduck. That also wasn't very effective.

litwickpsyduck.jpg

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#988 campzor
[QUOTE="campzor"] .darkspineslayer
About damn time tackle ment going up to the other Pokemon and body slamming the mother. Why wasn't this level of animation in the stadium games?

looks more like quick attack to me. Its crazy thinking about how many animations are going to be in this game. 800 (roughly my guess) pokemon x all the different moves
Stream_Beta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#989 Stream_Beta
Member since 2007 • 352 Posts

Really stupid that Nintedo didn't make the 3DSXL have a higher resolution than the 3DS. It would make a lot of the 3D games a lot better.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#990 campzor
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#991 PhazonBlazer

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"][QUOTE="campzor"] .campzor

looks more like quick attack to me. Its crazy thinking about how many animations are going to be in this game. 800 (roughly my guess) pokemon x all the different moves

Lets see:

-Almost 800 Pokemon (each with entrance animation, idle animation, and attack animations)

-At least 500 attacks (and different animations for each Pokemon)

-All the effects of attacks

-Item effects

-And all the animations in the background

There's alot going on in these battles:shock:

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#992 campzor

[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="darkspineslayer"] About damn time tackle ment going up to the other Pokemon and body slamming the mother. Why wasn't this level of animation in the stadium games?PhazonBlazer

Lets see:

-Almost 800 Pokemon (each with entrance animation, idle animation, and attack animations)

-Item effects

even though its most likely the case, im hoping there wont be a lot of recycled animations.
Zlurodirom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#993 Zlurodirom
Member since 2006 • 1281 Posts

[QUOTE="Zlurodirom"]Also, why would a fire/psychic pokemon use psychic against another psychic pokemon (and not be very effective) when they could use a fire attack (or maybe bite/crunch?), doesn't all add up to me.ANIMEguy10034

In the trailer, you can see a Litwick use a fire move on a Psyduck. That also wasn't very effective.

litwickpsyduck.jpg

True . That was mostly meant as an afterthought, and the main point was it didn't look like a psychic attack TO ME.

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#994 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts
So happy about this news, I mean I wasn't expecting much, so I was pleasantly surprised, it looks great so far, and soo happy we are getting it at the same time as Japan, always made me mad that they got sometimes 5-6 months before us. Luckily, i will be able to stick with my water type tradition, for my first play through. These starters are a huge improvement over Gen 5. Go Froakie!!
SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#995 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"][QUOTE="campzor"] .campzor

that's probably an attack related to its second type, it looks dark-ish

Fennekin: Fire atk (ember) -> psychic atk (confusion)

Chespin: Grass atk (solar beam) -> looks like fighting atk

Froakie: Water atk (water spout) -> looks like dark, possibly pursuit

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#996 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15598 Posts

[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="darkspineslayer"] About damn time tackle ment going up to the other Pokemon and body slamming the mother. Why wasn't this level of animation in the stadium games?PhazonBlazer

Lets see:

-Item effects

They wouldn't make a custom animation for every single ability on every pokemon. They'll likely recycle most of them between pokemon with similar body types. A ton of pokemon, for example, are short and bipedal so those are easy to use the same animations for. Many of the birds are close enough they can recycle those too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#997 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
 .campzor
Watch out stupid grass starter, that Magikarp will f*ck you up later...
Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#998 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

[QUOTE="campzor"] .charizard1605
Watch out stupid grass starter, that Magikarp will f*ck you up later...

Would love to see the evolution chain for the grass starter.

Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#999 Drasonak
Member since 2012 • 1515 Posts
Won't the new animations drag out battles? They look like they'll take much longer to perform than the attacks in previous entries.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1000 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

1k post get!