Nintendo Announces Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, October 2013, Full 3D, Vita Dead

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by charizard1605 (56054 posts) -

Pokemon X/Y

Full polygonal 3D, cell shaded, turn based, supports ALL 3DS features, releasing worldwide October 2013 for Nintendo 3DS.

Check out the reveal here.

#2 Posted by Maroxad (8082 posts) -

Pokemon black/white 3?

Doubt it will be huge evolution, and I hope to all that is holy that it is not a change into real time or 3D.

Edit: That said, I hope they ditch the formula (get starter, gym, elite 4)

#3 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26108 posts) -

Black and White 3 with Day 1 DLC inc.

#4 Posted by o0squishy0o (2754 posts) -
It will either be a Mario Galaxy esq change or it will be like most nintendo exclusives, which are small incremental changes. Case a point would be that super mario bros hasnt really changed since the early days. So it will either be a big deal or a big "meh but I'll still buy it anyway".
#5 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Lol.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

"Major announcement"

Yeah,that word has lost it's meaning in the gaming world....

Inbf4 RS remake comments,they WON'T remake Ruby & Sapphire anytime soon.

#6 Posted by IAmNot_fun (3336 posts) -
I hope they dont skip RS remake
#7 Posted by trugs26 (5296 posts) -

My guess it that they're moving away from sprite based graphics for a main Pokemon game for the 3DS. This may entail new gameplay mechanics, viewing options, etc.

#8 Posted by IAmNot_fun (3336 posts) -

Lol.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

"Major announcement"

Yeah,that word has lost it's meaning in the gaming world....

Inbf4 RS remake comments,they WON'T remake Ruby & Sapphire anytime soon.

GreekGameManiac
And why not?
#9 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8652 posts) -

I want Super Pokemon Sunshine

#10 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

And why not?IAmNot_fun

Cause you're a fanboy.

Ok,seriously?

Cause remaking three gens is an overkill.

>_>

#11 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22113 posts) -

I hope they dont skip RS remakeIAmNot_fun
going to feel like they have to be cause the unova tv series is ending and they would probably go straight to gen vi unless there is going to be some sort of tv series spin off.

#12 Posted by IAmNot_fun (3336 posts) -

[QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"]And why not?GreekGameManiac

Cause you're a fanboy.

Ok,seriously?

Cause remaking three gens is an overkill.

>_>

-_-
#13 Posted by IAmNot_fun (3336 posts) -

[QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"]I hope they dont skip RS remakeTheShadowLord07

going to feel like they have to be cause the unova tv series is ending and they would probably go straight to gen vi unless there is going to be some sort of tv series spin off.

Ughh.... hopefully they do Hoenn remake later.
#14 Posted by MudoSkills (376 posts) -
It's going to be on the 3DS, it's going to have 3D graphics. I wouldn't expect anything more than that.
#15 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

I doubt it's remakes,honestly.

#16 Posted by locopatho (20177 posts) -
If they brought a full 3D WiiU game I would buy 1 asap.
#17 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

If they brought a full 3D WiiU game I would buy 1 asap.locopatho

In our dreams...

#18 Posted by locopatho (20177 posts) -

[QUOTE="locopatho"]If they brought a full 3D WiiU game I would buy 1 asap.GreekGameManiac

In our dreams...

Yeah they'll prob just release remakes on the 3DS
#19 Posted by hexashadow13 (5157 posts) -
If they brought a full 3D WiiU game I would buy 1 asap.locopatho
Spiritual sequel to XD plox. Calling/Praying for that. :D
#20 Posted by Maroxad (8082 posts) -

I am hoping for an open world pokemon game where you get to create your own character, strong emphasis on multiplayer features, and a stat system that is revamped so that the power curve is lower (lower pokemon will stand a greater chance against high level pokemon than what they do now)

#21 Posted by Vickman178 (1035 posts) -

Full 3D characters and world for new Pokemon game on 3DS.

I will continue to dream... Also I want to be able to customize my trainer...

#22 Posted by Vaasman (11266 posts) -

Probably won't get it either way, but I would really like to see a pokemon title taking risks with the game structure and combat.

#23 Posted by HarlockJC (25546 posts) -
Looking forward to the next pokemon game. I really have enjoyed the playing with Black to far.
#24 Posted by _TheJoker_ (6013 posts) -

Make a Pokemon mmorpg already, god damit!

#25 Posted by finalstar2007 (24959 posts) -

New Call of Duty will be announced for 2013 too :)

#26 Posted by Twin-Blade (6795 posts) -

Evolved from the DS to the 3DS. Calling it now.

#27 Posted by IAmNot_fun (3336 posts) -

I am hoping for an open world pokemon game where you get to create your own character, strong emphasis on multiplayer features, and a stat system that is revamped so that the power curve is lower (lower pokemon will stand a greater chance against high level pokemon than what they do now)

Maroxad
I agree with the first two, but when u have flat battle system, what is the point with the last one?
#28 Posted by Chris_Williams (14874 posts) -

Game Freak taking risks? I'll believe it when I see it.

#29 Posted by QQabitmoar (1969 posts) -

Red & Blue 2, not remakes but sequels of sort a la B&W 2, in fully 3D, on the Wii U, with the world completely remade.

And then I woke up.

#30 Posted by fueled-system (6257 posts) -
I hope it is gen 6, gen 5 was average at best though
#31 Posted by spike6958 (4707 posts) -
As long as it's not a remake of that garbage they call Gen 3, I'll be fine with whatever they announce.
#32 Posted by HaloPimp978 (7263 posts) -

I think it will be a gen of Pocket Monsters for the 3DS and a new Pokemon Stadium.

#33 Posted by Articuno76 (18748 posts) -
It's going to be on the 3DS, it's going to have 3D graphics. I wouldn't expect anything more than that.MudoSkills
To be honest looking at how conservative the Pokemon games have been in terms of presentation it wouldn't surprise me if it WASN'T 3D still.
#34 Posted by Zassimick (6343 posts) -

I still haven't finished White 2.:P Got sidetracked with school and now I'm busy trying to get through Chrono Trigger DS for the first time, as well as Paper Mario: Sticker Star. I'll get back to it eventually though.

I wouldn't mind a new gen but it seems awfully soon. I love the excitement of seeing new Pokémon, disliking the designs, then learning to like them. :P

#35 Posted by LP4EVA2005 (8585 posts) -
Pokemon transparent / Pokemon opaque.. calling it now
#36 Posted by Ratchet_Fan8 (5544 posts) -
better be on a console.WiiU aint doing as well as wii did i beleive
#37 Posted by fueled-system (6257 posts) -
better be on a console.WiiU aint doing as well as wii did i beleiveRatchet_Fan8
It would not make any sense at all, one of the key things about the game in Japan is the trading aspect and gathering around to trade/battle. This is going to be a 3ds game
#38 Posted by guard12 (1657 posts) -

As long as its not a remake of R/S I will be a happy camper

#39 Posted by JohnF111 (14051 posts) -
It will be that you're a defending champion and you get beaten, so you travel back in time and kill the person who beat you in order to remain the champion. It's obvious really.
#40 Posted by ShadowDeathX (10578 posts) -
Way too early to announce Pokemon Black and White 3D. Has to be something else. An MMO for the Wii U? YES PLEASE!
#41 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34144 posts) -

Inb4 a majority of the fanbase whine about the game not being a "true pokemon game", say the game ruined the franchise, and call it the worst game ever made.

#42 Posted by PCgameruk (1425 posts) -

Calling it now Pokemon MMO.

#43 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22424 posts) -

I hope it is gen 6, gen 5 was average at best thoughfueled-system
the hell you smoking? Gen 5 was the best

#44 Posted by da_illest101 (7417 posts) -

they should modified the battle system, old school turn base gamplay is boring as hell

#45 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22424 posts) -

they should modified the battle system, old school turn base gamplay is boring as hell

da_illest101
nah man, the turn based battle system is one of the reasons why it has such a strong metagame around it. If they are going to make any changes to the formula it should be in other areas
#46 Posted by mexicangordo (8632 posts) -

First of all, its not going to be a "major" announcement. It is not Gen VI because every pokemon is revealed through Corocoro (sp?) first. Second, gen V just came out last year, it typically takes at least 3 years for another real pokemon game to come out. Lastly, evolve has a double connotation since evolving is a huge metaphor in every pokemon game.

It won't be anything big, most likely a remake of some sort.

#47 Posted by Maroxad (8082 posts) -

Oh yeah, I would also like them to revamp the EV system, instead of it being based on the pokemon you defeat, make it based on how you raise your pokemon and what moves you use (psychic may improve special attack whereas tackle improves hp).

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

IAmNot_fun

I agree with the first two, but when u have flat battle system, what is the point with the last one?

To make combat more skill based and less stat based, to prevent overleveled pokemon from instagib sweeping your entire party, to make the world more consistant in power.

#48 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3424 posts) -

[QUOTE="fueled-system"]I hope it is gen 6, gen 5 was average at best thoughShinobishyguy

the hell you smoking? Gen 5 was the best

Gen 5 was better in all aspects except for Pokemon design, they were all just so boring and had no impact. Even the sprites and animations stunk compared to the detail on the previous generation pokemon.
#49 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6537 posts) -
Im not holding my breath
#50 Posted by BadNewsBen (1493 posts) -
I've been calling for this for years. I'll try not and get my hopes up, but if this is a full fledged Pokemon RPG, us Wii U owners are in for a treat. To be successful, I think the game would need: - A companion system of sorts. - Similar combat to the gameboy versions, but more fast paced. This way, strategy would become a bigger part of the game. - Tons of loot. - Character creation, level up system. - Various player times (explorer, battle expert, healer, trainer, etc.) - Environments that affect the outcome of battles. Now, if they could do all of the above, we would have a GOTY on our hands. Then again, I wouldn't be terribly disappointed if they announced a Pokemon game for the 3DS, which I see as much more likely.