NEW OFFICIAL Titanfall Thread -- Keep the awesomeness here

This topic is locked from further discussion.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#201 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

@lhughey said:

@millerlight89:

The beta was scheduled to end last night. Apparently, a predefined group of people (I think employees and journalist) can play through the 19th.

Dammit!!

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#202  Edited By AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

My thread was way cooler. It had the Poll of Definitive Epicness.

@musicalmac you disappoint me :P

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#203  Edited By lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4863 Posts

@millerlight89:

I've never been happier to be wrong! The beta is still going for everyone it seems. I'll be on later tonight. Anyone can send me. Friend request. My XBL user tag is my sig

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

How do these burn cards work precisely?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@ArisShadows said:

How do these burn cards work precisely?

Once activated it stays active until you die then its gone for good.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@Chutebox said:

@kuu2: Lol, I've never used that for my wife. Event coordinator. I like that

Me too, lol. Stealing that one man :)

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#207  Edited By chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Played some of the beta (PC), wasn't impressed. Feels like it'd get boring pretty quickly. Definitely passing on this.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#208 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Think I do pretty avg (maybe slightly above avg), I play A LOT of Attrition lol >.>

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Electric Smoke OP

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@PhazonBlazer said:

Electric Smoke OP

Pilots can do a fair amount of damage before having to jump off the titan to avoid damage

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 PhazonBlazer

@lostrib: I was talking more about just using it while fighting another Titan, just sitting in your smoke and murdering a Titan

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Ballroompirate

@lostrib said:

@PhazonBlazer said:

Electric Smoke OP

Pilots can do a fair amount of damage before having to jump off the titan to avoid damage

It's also good to damage core + rush up to enemy titan + pop electric smoke + HADOUKEN enemy titan, if they back out missile barrage that sucka.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 PhazonBlazer

Also, this sounds pretty amazing

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/titanfall-has-really-big-monsters/1100-6417829/

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 mems_1224

@PhazonBlazer said:

@lostrib: I was talking more about just using it while fighting another Titan, just sitting in your smoke and murdering a Titan

I like charging enemy Titans and backing them into a corner and then launching my smoke and letting them kill me so I auto eject and my nuke goes off.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Ballroompirate
@PhazonBlazer said:

Also, this sounds pretty amazing

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/titanfall-has-really-big-monsters/1100-6417829/

That's actually pretty cool that some of them will be in maps and attack you/your team.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50594 Posts

Wife letting me buy X1 since I let her buy a van! Probably picking one up tomorrow at target since they have that deal going on. Gonna reserve TF for it most likely.

Slightly off topic, Dead Rising get good play online?

Avatar image for endlessinfinity
EndlessInfinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#217  Edited By EndlessInfinity
Member since 2013 • 231 Posts

I'm starting to see why they cap it at 6 vs 6 because being attacked by two titans is bad enough

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 mems_1224

@endlessinfinity said:

I'm starting to see why they cap it at 6 vs 6 because being attacked by two titans is bad enough

Yea, it gets really chaotic when each team has 4-5 Titans running around the map

There is never a dull moment in the game, more players would probably make it annoying like CoD where you die every time you spawn.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Ballroompirate

@endlessinfinity said:

Hopefully people start to see that and stop all the whining, I'd hate to see 15+ titans on maps like the two we have on beta. Plus it's actually quite entertaining to see both sides bots go at each other.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#220 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@endlessinfinity said:

Yea, it gets really chaotic when each team has 4-5 Titans running around the map

There is never a dull moment in the game, more players would probably make it annoying like CoD where you die every time you spawn.

YUP!

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Man I couldn't stop playing. Just when I thought I'm going to take a break, I'm like, one more game. I started to play with Burn Cards and complete challenges. This beta has lots of meat. I can only imagine the full game. Will be sad when this ends but hopefully Respawn got some feed back to make improvements. I just hope Titanfall didn't spoil me too much and make other shooters feel bland.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

Rodeoing those mechs all day.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#223  Edited By millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

@endlessinfinity said:

So true lol. I think it works well. The bots are really dumb and kind of distract you, nut that may be the point they wanted them there.

chernoalpha527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#224 chernoalpha527
Member since 2013 • 169 Posts

@millerlight89 said:

@endlessinfinity said:

So true lol. I think it works well. The bots are really dumb and kind of distract you, nut that may be the point they wanted them there.

Killing bots really helps your team out alot actually, you can rack up alot of attrition points.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

After playing this game for hours on end i can safely say that titanfall has lived upto the hype.

I dont usually like FPS but wow....what an experience, cant wait for the full version.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#226 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

@gago-gago said:

Man I couldn't stop playing. Just when I thought I'm going to take a break, I'm like, one more game. I started to play with Burn Cards and complete challenges. This beta has lots of meat. I can only imagine the full game. Will be sad when this ends but hopefully Respawn got some feed back to make improvements. I just hope Titanfall didn't spoil me too much and make other shooters feel bland.

Titanfall is like the Civilization of shooters. One more round... one more turn... one more match... Until forever.

Beta ends tonight, sadly, but will be followed up with a legitimate hype thread here at SW for us to all place our bets on the score. YES.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

Greatness comes to an end today but returns on March 11th.

Can't wait!

Avatar image for slantedandencha
slantedandencha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 slantedandencha
Member since 2005 • 367 Posts

playstationers are such whiny hater bitches, trolling this thread. why don't you go talk about some ps4 releases and let us talk about titanfall without your bullshit? oh thats right, you have no games.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 shawn30

@Chutebox said:

Wife letting me buy X1 since I let her buy a van! Probably picking one up tomorrow at target since they have that deal going on. Gonna reserve TF for it most likely.

Its a very very good game. You will be damn impressed. And the online is good as well. The scale of the game is great.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4863 Posts

@ArisShadows said:

I hate the lil bastards that keep jumping on my mech! Get off me, punk. Lol.

Avatar image for slantedandencha
slantedandencha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 slantedandencha
Member since 2005 • 367 Posts

march 11 needs to get here already, i'm ready for full loadouts and maps

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 musicalmac  Moderator

@lhughey said:

@ArisShadows said:

I hate the lil bastards that keep jumping on my mech! Get off me, punk. Lol.

In the rare cases where I actually pilot my mech, I don't mind a rodeo fellow. I'll smoke him off or jump out and smart-pistol him without much trouble. So good...

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#233 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
@musicalmac said:

@gago-gago said:

Titanfall is like the Civilization of shooters. One more round... one more turn... one more match... Until forever.

Beta ends tonight, sadly, but will be followed up with a legitimate hype thread here at SW for us to all place our bets on the score. YES.

Gotta be a 9 for the hype, anyone hyping lower is a pansy. I wonder who will do the review though, I'm hoping for Shaun Mcinnis or Danny (does he even do reviews?) because they seem like the biggest shooter/multiplayer fans.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50594 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@Chutebox said:

Its a very very good game. You will be damn impressed. And the online is good as well. The scale of the game is great.

Anything for kids that comes with the console? And it doesn't have to use the input right? I can just hook it up to a receiver via hdmi output?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#235 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts
@bobbetybob said:
@musicalmac said:

@gago-gago said:

Gotta be a 9 for the hype, anyone hyping lower is a pansy. I wonder who will do the review though, I'm hoping for Shaun Mcinnis or Danny (does he even do reviews?) because they seem like the biggest shooter/multiplayer fans.

Chris Watters may be doing the review. He does the Call of Duty ones. Or did he stop?

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

Wooo got a go in a goblin wooo

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#237 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
@PonchoTaco said:
@bobbetybob said:
@musicalmac said:

@gago-gago said:

Chris Watters may be doing the review. He does the Call of Duty ones. Or did he stop?

Oh yeah I forgot about Watters, Mcinnis reviewed the latest CoD though. I just don't want someone who's going to go into it with some weird angle, like McShea, giving it a 6/10 because "I couldn't really relate to the main character".

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#238  Edited By deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

@bobbetybob said:
@PonchoTaco said:
@bobbetybob said:
@musicalmac said:

@gago-gago said:

Oh yeah I forgot about Watters, Mcinnis reviewed the latest CoD though. I just don't want someone who's going to go into it with some weird angle, like McShea, giving it a 6/10 because "I couldn't really relate to the main character".

Haha true. I hope Watters does the review. I enjoy his. He also is doing a lot of coverage about the game. Makes me think he will do the review.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 shawn30
Loading Video...

First Titanfall TV commercial!!! Boom! It has begun!!!!!!!

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator

@bobbetybob said:
@musicalmac said:

@gago-gago said:

Yeah, I tend to agree. If it gets knocked, it'll probably be on content. The gameplay is about as good as gameplay gets. I'm thinking 9 at least, maybe we'll get a handful of perfect scores out there. May not be out of the question, unless something is seriously bad with the rest of the game. lol

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

I honestly doubt TitanFall will outsell Killzone ShawdowFall.

2.5 million/50% attach rate on the PS4.

I'd predict TitanFall maybe breaks 1.5-2 million on the Xbox One after some time.

Avatar image for endlessinfinity
EndlessInfinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 EndlessInfinity
Member since 2013 • 231 Posts

@tyloss:

Its on xbox 360 and pc both with massive userbase

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 musicalmac  Moderator

Some fun tidbits-- my favorite is linked below:

MONSTERS. BEASTS THAT ATTACK PLAYERS.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

@endlessinfinity: I'm talking about the XB1 respectivly

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

@endlessinfinity said:

Anyone saying 6v6 is not enough I can't help but doubt how much they've played it. It's a great sweet spot.

xdluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 xdluffy
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

The X1 version is pretty solid, runs pretty smoothly. Not to mention this game kicks cods ass the carnage is just on a completely new level

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By mems_1224

@musicalmac said:

Yea, I think they said the monster in that pic wont be in the level. Still, there are supposed to be other monsters in the game that will attack. I cant wait for the freakin game!! IDK what Im gonna do with myself for a month.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@musicalmac said:

Whaaaaaaa..... that's amazing. Thought it looks like a living AT AT from Star Wars

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Ballroompirate

@Spartan070 said:

@endlessinfinity said:

Anyone saying 6v6 is not enough I can't help but doubt how much they've played it. It's a great sweet spot.

Think people are just use to the big 64 and 24 battles, personally I hate big battles cause they just become frag fests or easy lvln for medics like on BF.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@Spartan070 said:

@endlessinfinity said:

Think people are just use to the big 64 and 24 battles, personally I hate big battles cause they just become frag fests or easy lvln for medics like on BF.

I abhor 64 player Battlefield. I have no idea how people praise that amount of players in that game. It's way too many in my mind. I play on 48 or 32 player servers where I'm not shot at from 15 different angles all the time.

Although 64 player metro is fun as hell just for the lulz haha