New high res screenshots of The Order (insane)

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

Well here they are, looking more boss than ever before. Haters should STFU and go home now. You can see so much intricate details on the fabric, hair, garments and what not. Downgrade my a**. I can only imagine how insane a high quality video would look.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/23/5746368/the-order-1886-screens

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#2  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

Visually, the game looks great. I like the setting. That's about it so far dude....

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

Nope. Just shows the game has to cut many corners to get the graphical detail. First black bars, then the game dowsn't even seem open in the least, so a bunch of small "rooms".

And now, that last pic, while better tan that shitty low res one, shows that they rmoved tons of details, colors, lighting, etc.

Honeslty, if the game's going for a "filmic" style, why didn't they just make it black and white? Cus this isn't that far off anyway.

Ryse, Infamous, Killzone, and obviously, games like Crysis 3 and Arma 3 show what great graphical power is. They're vibrant, filled with color and life., greater scale, etc. Character models and effects are amazing, but the rest of the world looks average,

Could be wrong thought. E3 will show.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Still makes me chuckle at people who exploded into analysis mode from a choppy shitty livestream from twitch. I guess some people will never learn.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@remiks00 said:

Visually, the game looks great. I like the setting. That's about it so far dude....

The game being in letterbox is pretty damn cool as well I think.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gpuking

@deadline-zero0

You are absolutely clueless of what you're talking about. The game doesn't cut corners at all about black bars, in fact by rendering at 1920 x 800 with 4xmsaa it requires more bandwidth than your typical 1080p FXAA, RAD can go 1080p at any time like they already said. And what details did they remove with the last shot? They changed the clothes due to plot, the old uniform is still well and truly in the game. The lighting is improved actually, it shows more shadows and brings more depth to the scene and human thus more processing demanding. This game makes all the games you mentioned look like a school play due to far better lighting, models, shaders, soft body physics, particles and post processing effects. It's really a clear cut above anything else right now.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Why does it look less sharp and darker compared to the pre-release shots? Aside from that, I really hope this game is not a Gears clone set in Steam-punk Victorian London.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By clyde46

@Desmonic said:

@clyde46 said:

Why does it look less sharp and darker compared to the pre-release shots? Aside from that, I really hope this game is not a Gears clone set in Steam-punk Victorian London.

Well they (the devs) already mentioned these suits were "sneak" suits and that apparently we'll have plenty of different ones throughout the SP campaign. So I'm guessing some sections will be intentionally darker than others (though I'm just speculating of course).

As for bluriness, I suppose it's just a far more "real" performance than the previous "ideal" photos :P You know, gotta make stuff shine and all that XD

Dat downgrade strikes again.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 misterpmedia

@clyde46 said:

mood, atmosphere, lighting especially by the looks of it. For example the pre-release shots(I'm assuming you mean the first ever HD screens we got of the game with the ceremonial robes) don't even have any shadows.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

Lems will come and cry again like the other thread, LOL

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 clyde46

@misterpmedia said:

@clyde46 said:

mood, atmosphere, lighting especially by the looks of it. For example the pre-release shots(I'm assuming you mean the first ever HD screens we got of the game with the ceremonial robes) don't even have any shadows.

I found those more impressive to be honest. I don't like these new uniforms.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By gpuking

@clyde46

Do you just pretend this game is downgraded out of thin air and disregard all the dev tweets that say otherwise? Face it man the PS4 has more than enough juice to render this level of quality.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By misterpmedia
@clyde46 said:

I found those more impressive to be honest. I don't like these new uniforms.

I can understand why people may think that to be fair. If you liked those garments more they're confirmed to appear else where in the game. The character assets are the same if not better(confirmed by the developers themselves). Maybe people just got too used to the pre-release screens. Looks like it could be a different time of day too, as in more night timey.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Am I the only one that thinks people are missing a lot of what makes some of the newer games look great?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By clyde46

@gpuking said:

@clyde46

Do you just pretend this game is downgraded out of thin air and disregard all the dev tweets that say otherwise? Face it man the PS4 has more than enough juice to render this level of quality.

All those damage controlling tweets? I'm not saying the game looks bad, you Cows need to chill out. All I'm saying is, that is does not look as good as they claimed it would with those initial screenshots.

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

Black bars seems like border cutting to me (I would prefer full screen personally but I'm sure some people will actually prefer this -- and some will excuse anything for their choosen console) but I honestly don't buy the whole "ceremonial robes thing just yet -- that reeks of BS.

Either way it looks pretty I agree; it isn't selling me a new console but it will likely make a nice filler for people who already own one.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Hey, screenshots. Well if that's not proof positive of what I'll see on my big screen TV then I don't know what is.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

Nope. Just shows the game has to cut many corners to get the graphical detail. First black bars, then the game dowsn't even seem open in the least, so a bunch of small "rooms".

And now, that last pic, while better tan that shitty low res one, shows that they rmoved tons of details, colors, lighting, etc.

Honeslty, if the game's going for a "filmic" style, why didn't they just make it black and white? Cus this isn't that far off anyway.

Ryse, Infamous, Killzone, and obviously, games like Crysis 3 and Arma 3 show what great graphical power is. They're vibrant, filled with color and life., greater scale, etc. Character models and effects are amazing, but the rest of the world looks average,

Great another troll account...

Ryse is a freaking enclosed game maximum level and is 900p which is actually lower than 800p and is upscale unlike The Order,oh and Ryse runs between 28 and 26 FPS with drops into the teens.

The game show even more impressive visuals than the first showing,i hate when faboys start talking about downgrades juts because they read it from another person,this game even by the low quality video and screen show here look freaking impressive hands down own ryse,killzone and Infamous,also few games if any on console runs 4XMSAA which is very demanding even on PC.

@clyde46 said:

Stop trolling you can see this screen are taken from the low quality stream,it shows pretty easy.

@clyde46 said:

Those fragile egos hurt again...lol

There is no CG on this game,the transition from gameplay to cut scenes is seamless,so basically yeah freaking impressive this game is,but yeah you can pretend is not...lol

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Still looks downgraded, don't get why cows can't see this. The pics do look good though because they are stills and you don't have to see the actual gameplay, thank goodness.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By misterpmedia

@chikenfriedrice said:

Still looks downgraded, don't get why cows can't see this. The pics do look good though because they are stills and you don't have to see the actual gameplay, thank goodness.

Or maybe other factions are just seeing what they want to see more like. It backfired with InFamous, it will with this. Valid criticism on the gameplay quip though even though I don't have a problem with it.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tormentos

@chikenfriedrice said:

Yeah it is downgraded funny how only butthurt lemmings can see it and fragile ego hermits as well..

This game look now even more impressive than what they show,in fact already screen comparing them show that..lol

This game walk over anything on xbox one,and goes toe to toe with the best looking games on PC,people should stop the damage controls,wow i haven't see such butthurt since Killzone 2..lol

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#24  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I like the art style and period setting of this game, will be keeping an eye out for it.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

I'd have to go back and look at the original stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if this is downgraded. However, that may be the wrong term to use. I know people don't like cgi trailers, but people also need to realize the circumstances they are shown in. The original trailers, i'd bet, are almost always super sampled much higher res images not for the sake of lying, but because they are being shown on a MASSIVE screen in front of a large audience.

TLHBO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TLHBO
Member since 2003 • 8360 Posts

bitter lemkids ITT pulling out every excuse in the book :D

Face it, Microsoft screwed you over. They gave you junk hardware and charged you the most money for it. Not our fault you're too in love with a corporation to buy a better console.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

The graphics look amazing, but I can't be surprised since you can fit so much in an extremely corridor-ed game.

Beyond Two Souls is a perfect example.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

everything looks better on the new build, the only deference is that it has less color probably due to lighting. The original didn't even have shadows and hardly any post-process effects. Now all the naysayers will have to eat shit. lol

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Another game for gpuking to fap over, woooo...

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@gpuking said:

@deadline-zero0

You are absolutely clueless of what you're talking about. The game doesn't cut corners at all about black bars, in fact by rendering at 1920 x 800 with 4xmsaa it requires more bandwidth than your typical 1080p FXAA, RAD can go 1080p at any time like they already said. And what details did they remove with the last shot? They changed the clothes due to plot, the old uniform is still well and truly in the game. The lighting is improved actually, it shows more shadows and brings more depth to the scene and human thus more processing demanding. This game makes all the games you mentioned look like a school play due to far better lighting, models, shaders, soft body physics, particles and post processing effects. It's really a clear cut above anything else right now.

It's not just the robes, but they removed detail from the buildings like brick linings on the wall. The game lacks color, light, detail, specially on the level of stuff like Crysis 3. Juts go find any footage of that game on ultra, put it at 1080p, and just look at it. The foliage, the water, the rocks, the weapons, the character models, the toad.

Look at the front building in the first pic. Crysis would be showing you tons of details in it at that distance. When gameplay starts, tne world gets covered in foggy ambience, hidding any upclose details

And like i said, that footgae is the living definition of linear.

Watch a cutscene---- start gameplay------move 2 meters-----cover, shoot, cover shoot------cutscene.

Seamless, yes, and pretty cool. But i bet that if you tried to run into street in teh right, the game would cut you off, Just like COD/BF type single player campaigns. All the games i pointed out have way more roon to manouver around.

Creating a tiny zone (the last video was a literal corridor shot-out), stuffing it with fog and blurry ambiance, taking away all the colors, isn't impressive. Trust me, PC or xbox could do it. It's game design, not graphical power. Impressive and good looking. Never tried to say otherwise.

But it' smokes and mirros. Show me The Order in a larger area with more enemies on sceens, lots of firing and explosions, the sun shinning and all the colors, particles effects tec, popping in force, and even a building collapsing in the distance, and see if the game maintains a good framarate.

And if teh E3 reveal shows it, then i'll glady give a clap to the devs for an awesome job. BTW the games i meantioned did just that.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@tormentos said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

Great another troll account...

Ryse is a freaking enclosed game maximum level and is 900p which is actually lower than 800p and is upscale unlike The Order,oh and Ryse runs between 28 and 26 FPS with drops into the teens.

The game show even more impressive visuals than the first showing,i hate when faboys start talking about downgrades juts because they read it from another person,this game even by the low quality video and screen show here look freaking impressive hands down own ryse,killzone and Infamous,also few games if any on console runs 4XMSAA which is very demanding even on PC.

@clyde46 said:

Stop trolling you can see this screen are taken from the low quality stream,it shows pretty easy.

@clyde46 said:

Those fragile egos hurt again...lol

There is no CG on this game,the transition from gameplay to cut scenes is seamless,so basically yeah freaking impressive this game is,but yeah you can pretend is not...lol

1) This corridor alley simulator isn't an enclosed game? Judging from the videos I have seen. The animations are rough to say the least, The fog of war effect is amazing? I have seen some 28 fps in areas too. This Game does have more development time though left in front of it. Black bars are black bars no matter how you spin it.

2) White Knight?

3) Ryse transitions from cut scene to game play with some pre-rendered assets, seamlessly without losing detail. The effect is still the same outcome. No matter the route it took to get there.

4) Lets not even start on the gameplay.

5) If you guys are so impressed about this game. Let's get some review score predictions? I'll go with A-AA with what I have seen so far.

Put your money where your mouth is. Hype /predict the score. If you're so confident in the game. Let's see them predictions.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By tormentos

@Gue1 said:

everything looks better on the new build, the only deference is that it has less color probably due to lighting.

Hell the old build is missing shadows,look at the shadow of the woman i wallon the new build which is totally not there on the old one..lol

And the fact that they already explain that this suits are infiltration ones basically kill the whole downgrade crap notion...The old build had missing shadows..

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By B4X

@tormentos: Distorting the image / game with fuzz / fog = Upgrade?

No they have damaged controlled / PR with every tweet.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

I find it kind of worrying the amount of people completely ignoring the crappy shooting mechanics and terrible AI on show here.

I guess we'll just have to wait for Naughty Dog before we get a PS4 exclusive that doesn't have garbage gameplay.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

Sigh, i'll just wait till more gameplay videos come out

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

Looks good but before the downgrade it looked amazing.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By B4X

@blangenakker said:

Sigh, i'll just wait till more gameplay videos come out

Isn't that disappointing for you? This is their best effort so far to show gameplay. Completely failing to make a positive impact on me. They would not show this gameplay if they had better?

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#39  Edited By Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

Still looks slightly down graded to me... That blurry look on the new build... Do not like. Makes it look like low res then upscaled.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

Shut up dude. You know that "youtube compression" and "twitch streams" are so powerfull that they physically remove polygons from game assets, reduce texture quality, shader quality, number of dynamic lights, reduce draw distance, and add blurry fog.

Hurr Im a Sony fanboy. Mooooooo.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By gpuking

Sigh, I swear people these days don't understand how a change of artistic direction does not mean downgrade. Traditionally if a game downgrades it means the engine would cut off graphical features such as less polygons, lower res textures or worse lighting etc. But what we have here is simply a change of color filter, change of clothing (which the old ones are still there), change of color tone, yet at the same time adding more shadows to the scene which is more demanding for the engine. I can understand if some of you don't like the new faded look but to say it's downgraded is grossly flawed and it has nothing to do with Company or devs being disingenuous about their product. FFS.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 tormentos
@deadline-zero0 said:

It's not just the robes, but they removed detail from the buildings like brick linings on the wall. The game lacks color, light, detail, specially on the level of stuff like Crysis 3. Juts go find any footage of that game on ultra, put it at 1080p, and just look at it. The foliage, the water, the rocks, the weapons, the character models, the toad.

Look at the front building in the first pic. Crysis would be showing you tons of details in it at that distance. When gameplay starts, tne world gets covered in foggy ambience, hidding any upclose details

And like i said, that footgae is the living definition of linear.

Watch a cutscene---- start gameplay------move 2 meters-----cover, shoot, cover shoot------cutscene.

Seamless, yes, and pretty cool. But i bet that if you tried to run into street in teh right, the game would cut you off, Just like COD/BF type single player campaigns. All the games i pointed out have way more roon to manouver around.

Creating a tiny zone (the last video was a literal corridor shot-out), stuffing it with fog and blurry ambiance, taking away all the colors, isn't impressive. Trust me, PC or xbox could do it. It's game design, not graphical power. Impressive and good looking. Never tried to say otherwise.

But it' smokes and mirros. Show me The Order in a larger area with more enemies on sceens, lots of firing and explosions, the sun shinning and all the colors, particles effects tec, popping in force, and even a building collapsing in the distance, and see if the game maintains a good framarate.

And if teh E3 reveal shows it, then i'll glady give a clap to the devs for an awesome job. BTW the games i meantioned did just that.

Oh please is a few second video from a bad stream,you can't even make out the right colors.

Look up and see the screen comparing them the old build didn't even have shadows something that is present on the new build,i guess you miss that,and a change of color pallet doesn't mean downgrade what the hell man.lol

Those Crysis 3 take place on the streets of London.?

Crysis 3 has many green areas and doesn't have the dark feel this game has to it,hell Crysis 3 is a damn FPS this is a 3rd person shooter with heavy cinematic orientation even on it aspect ratio.

That fog you buffoon is because London is freaking fuggy...

I guess fog was add also on this real life screen to hide details...hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

All freaking games are linear,and second aren't you the same buffoon who already use Ryse as something better.? Ryse is even more enclose and linear you can't do sh** just look from a far,because you are confined to small pathways all the time,but i guess you didn't notice that on Ryse did you..?

The game has no CG is all done in engine and has seamless transition something Ryse didn't have and even DF complains about it on their analysis..

The fun par is how you say the xbox can do that when Killer Instinct a damn fighting game is 720,when ghost is 720p,when BF4 is 720p,when MGS5 is 720p and has missing effects,stop your damage control lemming,you see a few second of this game and already you are talking as if you would have watch the entire game..lol

Show me Ryse in open areas yeah it wold look like DR3..and bee 480p..lol

@b4x said:

1) This corridor alley simulator isn't an enclosed game? Judging from the videos I have seen. The animations are rough to say the least, The fog of war effect is amazing? I have seen some 28 fps in areas too. This Game does have more development time though left in front of it. Black bars are black bars no matter how you spin it.

2) White Knight?

3) Ryse transitions from cut scene to game play with some pre-rendered assets, seamlessly without losing detail. The effect is still the same outcome. No matter the route it took to get there.

4) Lets not even start on the gameplay.

5) If you guys are so impressed about this game. Let's get some review score predictions? I'll go with A-AA with what I have seen so far.

Put your money where your mouth is. Hype /predict the score. If you're so confident in the game. Let's see them predictions.

1-How much have you see about this game.? In fact how much video of this game showing different part have you see.?

The animation even on the video is down right impressive,the fog is because the game is based on London ask Sts106mats why Ryse has a stage where the environment is foggy,you have see sh** how the fu** you know is 28FPS.? How teh fu** do you even know do you have equipment like DF to measure those frames.?

Did you know the frame problem is actually the stream and not the game.? It happen on my PC all the time,and the developer already say it was running at 30,the slow down were from the stream..lol

2-?

3-Unfortunately, that brings us to another disappointment; Crytek's stated commitment to "real-time, all the time" goes unrealised in Ryse with the move to pre-rendered cut-scenes. This is a common technique employed in many last-generation games that helps move the narrative forward while concealing loading, but we can't help feel disappointment in missing the opportunity to see these scenes play out in real-time.

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa............

4-Yeah Gameplay something Ryse totally fu** up..

5-Ok AAA to AAAE see you at fall.

Now since the graphics are so downgrade and uninpresive why don't we make another bet,bet that it will not will any graphics award...lol

Now put your money where your mouth is..

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By B4X

@gpuking said:

Sigh, I swear people these days don't understand how a change of artistic direction does not mean downgrade. Traditionally if a game downgrades it means the engine would cut off graphical features such as less polygons, lower res textures or worse lighting etc. But what we have here is simply a change of color filter, change of clothing (which the old ones are still there), change of color tone, yet at the same time adding more shadows to the scene which is more demanding for the engine. I can understand if some of you don't like the new faded look but to say it's downgraded is grossly flawed and it has nothing to do with Company or devs being disingenuous about their product. FFS.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9855 Posts

Why are everyone discussing the visuals of this game and not the gameplay? Oh yeah, that's right...

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 B4X

@tormentos: Stop man!!! My god I can't handle it!!!

Shows Black and White photos from the 1800's to demonstrate the amazing graphics!!

EPIC!

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Opus_Rea-333

@Sushiglutton said:

Why are everyone discussing the visuals of this game and not the gameplay? Oh yeah, that's right...

Read the Gears of War review.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@tormentos: They had to downgrade the graphics to add the shadows lol

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

@gpuking said:

But what we have here is simply a change of color filter, change of clothing (which the old ones are still there), change of color tone, yet at the same time adding more shadows to the scene which is more demanding for the engine.

no.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Opus_Rea-333

@StrongDeadlift said:

@gpuking said:

no.

Cows: "Buh buh they added shadows and Pony Corp. hired more artists" :Cries:

Sidenote: Gif pic actually made the downgrade much more obvious. So it should be done for the rest of Sony downgrades.