New high res screenshots of The Order (insane)

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@StrongDeadlift said:

@gpuking said:

Sigh, I swear people these days don't understand how a change of artistic direction does not mean downgrade. Traditionally if a game downgrades it means the engine would cut off graphical features such as less polygons, lower res textures or worse lighting etc. But what we have here is simply a change of color filter, change of clothing (which the old ones are still there), change of color tone, yet at the same time adding more shadows to the scene which is more demanding for the engine. I can understand if some of you don't like the new faded look but to say it's downgraded is grossly flawed and it has nothing to do with Company or devs being disingenuous about their product. FFS.

no.

Add shadows remove light source. Win!

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

So we are calling downgrades artistic touches now? Lol cows continue to be the jokes of system wars.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By B4X

@farrell2k said:

Another "next gen" console title that looks no better than a last gen game. Man, these new consoles are such a waste of money.

That's grasping?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

All Flash and No Gravy !

Let me know when going next gen is worth the $400 plus games price tag.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By B4X

@gpuking said:

@clyde46

Do you just pretend this game is downgraded out of thin air and disregard all the dev tweets that say otherwise? Face it man the PS4 has more than enough juice to render this level of quality.

So when Microsoft PRs it's Fail. Sony PRs it's win?

My goodness.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

If you are too dumb to comprehend it then just believe what you want, feel sorry for you really.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#59  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

To be honest this trailer killed some of my hype! Sure, the particle effects look impressive and i like the setting, but i have the feeling that the character models, especially the facial animations, got downgraded since the first trailer. I hope it delivers, but ill probably wait for reviews on this one.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By B4X

@farrell2k said:

@b4x said:

@farrell2k said:

Another "next gen" console title that looks no better than a last gen game. Man, these new consoles are such a waste of money.

That's grasping?

I don't know what you mean, but it does show that these next gen console are not worth the upgrade.

That's BS and you know it. Last gen can't touch this. It's worth the upgrade if you're a gamer.

Lesser load times, PQ, and these are 1st run games. These console have huge value.

Will they touch PC quality...EVER. No.

They WILL have exclusive games that offset any differences.

Gamers will reap the rewards. Fanboys. Not so much?

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 B4X

@gpuking said:

If you are too dumb to comprehend it then just believe what you want, feel sorry for you really.

The classic fanboy debating skills. Resort to name calling if all else fails!

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

@PAL360 said:

This last trailer killed some of my hype! Sure, the particle effects look impressive and i like the setting, but i have the feeling that the character models, especially the facial animations, got downgraded since the first trailer. I hope it delivers, but ill probably wait for reviews on this one.

Upgraded Actually

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 B4X

@kratosyoloswag: Now zoom out?

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By PAL360

@farrell2k said:

Still looks better than anything from last gen, and im sure Second Son was proof enough that these consoles are worth the investment.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

bu-bu-bu teh downgrade!!!!!! @FoxbatAIpha said so!!!

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 KratosYOLOSwag

@b4x said:

What for? Clearly shows that the character models are better.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 PAL360

@kratosyoloswag said:

@PAL360 said:

This last trailer killed some of my hype! Sure, the particle effects look impressive and i like the setting, but i have the feeling that the character models, especially the facial animations, got downgraded since the first trailer. I hope it delivers, but ill probably wait for reviews on this one.

Upgraded Actually

Yeah, looks better side by side! Im more concerned with the animations.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#69  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@StrongDeadlift said:

@gpuking said:

But what we have here is simply a change of color filter, change of clothing (which the old ones are still there), change of color tone, yet at the same time adding more shadows to the scene which is more demanding for the engine.

no.

yes.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#70 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

Yeah, it looks amazing. Even film-like in parts. I just don't think the gameplay looks all that impressive, but I'm sure it will be a fun ride to take in for the sights. A good popcorn game, if you will.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

@StrongDeadlift said:

@gpuking said:

Sigh, I swear people these days don't understand how a change of artistic direction does not mean downgrade. Traditionally if a game downgrades it means the engine would cut off graphical features such as less polygons, lower res textures or worse lighting etc. But what we have here is simply a change of color filter, change of clothing (which the old ones are still there), change of color tone, yet at the same time adding more shadows to the scene which is more demanding for the engine. I can understand if some of you don't like the new faded look but to say it's downgraded is grossly flawed and it has nothing to do with Company or devs being disingenuous about their product. FFS.

no.

Cows: "Buh buh they added shadows and Pony Corp. hired more artists" :Cries:

Sidenote: Gif pic actually made the downgrade much more obvious. So it should be done for the upcoming Sony downgrades.

Even lems trolling together as they circle jerk each other can't even activate enough energy to power more brain cells. Trolling with the old twitch screen is now laughable considering we have near enough direct feed up top that shows different(they're implied to not be direct feed so direct feed will look EVEN better than the TC pictures). Positively hilarious.

At least try a little harder.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By B4X

@kratosyoloswag said:

@b4x said:

What for? Clearly shows that the character models are better.

You have a point. When the game is in a cinematic in your face view. I was just talking about over all graphics.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#74  Edited By heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

The borders onscreen look fucking stupid.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 B4X

@farrell2k said:

@PAL360 said:

@farrell2k said:

Still looks better than anything from last gen, and im sure Second Son was proof enough that these consoles are worth the investment.

I am looking at the last of us and then looking at this and I don't see much difference. Hell, uncharted looks just as good. Definitely not a $400 difference. PS4 owners got burned, big time!

?

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 B4X

@misterpmedia said:

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

@StrongDeadlift said:

@gpuking said:

no.

Sidenote: Gif pic actually made the downgrade much more obvious. So it should be done for the upcoming Sony downgrades.

Even lems trolling together as they circle jerk each other can't even activate enough energy to power more brain cells. Trolling with the old twitch screen is now laughable considering we have near enough direct feed up top that shows different(they're implied to not be direct feed so direct feed will look EVEN better than the TC pictures). Positively hilarious.

Excuses are like assholes. They need to release direct feed then and stop damage controlling?

Show me the so called Money! Talk is cheap.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#78 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

this thread is getting deep with Lem tears, LOL

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@b4x said:

Excuses are like assholes. They need to release direct feed then and stop damage controlling?

If you'd been following, the previews air May 27th.

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By KratosYOLOSwag

@PAL360: I wouldn't worry about anything related to the graphics with this game. If there is something to be worried about, it would be the gameplay.

But keep in mind they've shown us very little so far, not even the main enemies we're supposed to be fighting. There's also an investigation/exploration part to the game, and puzzles that use the soft body physics.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 B4X

@ironcreed said:

Yeah, it looks amazing. Even film-like in parts. I just don't think the gameplay looks all that impressive, but I'm sure it will be a fun ride to take in for the sights. A good popcorn game, if you will.

I will play it. I thought Ryse took to much shit. I won't lie for the game though. Not saying you are.

I will definitely give it a rent.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

@StrongDeadlift said:

@gpuking said:

no.

Loading Video...

heres how it looked before the blatant downgrade https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9OfQvB_A

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By B4X

@misterpmedia said:

@b4x said:

If you'd been following, the previews air May 27th.

Think you guys might want to wait till then, before relaying these blanket statements. We are basing our views off of the Material that we have NOW. Not what we expect to see May 27th? We have not seen that?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@b4x said:

@tormentos: Distorting the image / game with fuzz / fog = Upgrade?

No they have damaged controlled / PR with every tweet.

Where the game take place.

See how fog was introduce in this real life screen to hide holes in the wall,look at how the fog i use to hide the leaves less three.

hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Is a freaking game based on old time London what the fu** did you expect to see on this game.?

What you were expecting to get..

PuertoRicoPalominoBeach

My god..lol

@RR360DD said:

I find it kind of worrying the amount of people completely ignoring the crappy shooting mechanics and terrible AI on show here.

I guess we'll just have to wait for Naughty Dog before we get a PS4 exclusive that doesn't have garbage gameplay.

Now where is Kinglemming to tell you that you can't judge games without playing them..lol @kingtito.

@StrongDeadlift said:

@gpuking said:

But what we have here is simply a change of color filter, change of clothing (which the old ones are still there), change of color tone, yet at the same time adding more shadows to the scene which is more demanding for the engine.

no.

Really then explain to me how the old build doesn't have shadows at all,while the new build does.? Explain to me how a change in color pallet represent a donwgrade.?

Also you can tell the new screen is blurred by the low compression of the video,wait for some clean high detail ones to arrive.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By B4X

@blamix99 said:

this thread is getting deep with Lem tears, LOL

How about non bias opinions?

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

bbbbut bbut the downgrade lol

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/nchoudhury/PostProcessingKillzone.jpg~original

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/nchoudhury/TheOrderComparison2.jpg~original

@StrongDeadlift

@FastRobby

@FoxbatAlpha

@T-razor1

@Scipio8

@Stringerboy

@slimdogmilionar

are owned

the order uses more advanced tech now

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#87  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

game looks terrible.

faces are good, but rest just hurts my eyes...

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By B4X

@tormentos:

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By PAL360

@farrell2k said:

@PAL360 said:

@farrell2k said:

I am looking at the last of us and then looking at this and I don't see much difference. Hell, uncharted looks just as good. Definitely not a $400 difference. PS4 owners got burned, big time!

Many last gen games still look awesome, but they are not comparable. PS4 and X1 are 10+ times more poweful than 360 and PS3, the same jump from any previous generation, and again, early gen games like Second Son, Shadow Fall, Ryse and even Battlefield 4 (with the upgrade to 64 players and 60fps), are a perfect example of that. Unless you started gaming not long ago, you should know that in 3 or 4 years, PS4 and X1 games will make early ones look almost one gen behind.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#90 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

Still makes me chuckle at people who exploded into analysis mode from a choppy shitty livestream from twitch. I guess some people will never learn.

Still makes me chuckle that Sony didn't analyze the delivery method to showcase their only big game in the second half of the year. I guess some companies will never learn.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Why is everything so blurry looking?

Also this game would be getting torn to shreds by everyone if it didn't have decent graphics. Nothing else we've seen of this game looks great but people downplay how mundane the footage is because the game is visually very nice.

Also if this looked the EXACT same but was an X1 exclusive all the cows would just say "it's a Gears clone".

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By B4X

@lglz1337 said:

bbbbut bbut the downgrade lol

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/nchoudhury/TheOrderComparison2.jpg~original

The effort needed to move my mouse to leave this post to see that. Is not worth your DC?

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 lglz1337

@Opus_Rea-333: i see no downgrade, i see a upgrade check your eyes!

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@gpuking: To be honest I think it looks better than Infamous and Watchdogs. Infamous obviously is more vibrant but The Order in my opinion is the best looking game thus far. It's probably the only title other than Uncharted that I really look forward to. This game will give Uncharted a run for it's money.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

The new build's lighting has so much more volume in it thus producing shadows, giving a sense of spatial and atmosphere that is CGI like. The old build looks more like a video game in comparison with flatter lighting and shadowless.

But I know for sure now a few lems here are in full denial no matter how much proofs and logic are presented to them, shame really they can't appreciate a game because it's on another system.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

@tormentos said:

Really then explain to me how the old build doesn't have shadows at all,while the new build does.? Explain to me how a change in color pallet represent a donwgrade.?

Also you can tell the new screen is blurred by the low compression of the video,wait for some clean high detail ones to arrive.

So by Cows logic Shadows = Next-gen **** the rest of the game.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By lglz1337

the order has now Better lighting, better shadows, better IQ, better character models, better atmosphere!

upgrade complete

old looked more like a game and the new one closer to CGI, the new screen is still from the twitch stream

if you can't see it pearl is your best friend!

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By B4X

@seanmcloughlin said:

Why is everything so blurry looking?

Also this game would be getting torn to shreds by everyone if it didn't have decent graphics. Nothing else we've seen of this game looks great but people downplay how mundane the footage is because the game is visually very nice.

Also if this looked the EXACT same but was an X1 exclusive all the cows would just say "it's a Gears clone".

The bashing would be intense in here if this was being shown by Microsoft. That's for damn sure.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Wait wait wait..... there's screen tearing in one of the images? :/ Screen tearing? in a screenshot? Aren't these just taken from that shitty stream then? (credit to GAF for the image)

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Another exclusive you can't say anything slightly negative about without setting off the cow alarm.

Don't forget to hype this AA. It'll make all the gif spammage worthwhile.