Microsoft CES- 8 million Kinect Sold + 50 Million Sold Worldwide

This topic is locked from further discussion.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#151 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

So Kinect sold 8 million....sort of really funny considering all the people on here a few months ago saying it wouldn't sell 3 million by the years end.

I'm also laughing at all the people trying to damage control on here by saying all the sales are from mindless people who only bought because of the massive advertising. Sorry folks...the advertising helped, but the system is just fun, and contrary to so many posts on System Wars, it actually works with very little lag.

Most people are not stupid, they are not going to just go out and spend $150 on something without trying it, just because it's advertised. Pretty much everyone I know including me who bought a Kinect only bought it after trying it out somewhere. We bought ours at the end of November and it still gets used almost every day by the kids. It's a stark contrast to the Move which we bought for Christmas, and it get's used once a week if it's lucky, and then only for Sports Champions.

Before you respond...but your family is not the world, or whatever...yeah I know, but I'm just pointing out what a family with 2 kids, and a lot of friends that come over play. Not the Wii, not the Move, but Kinect, with lots of Adventures, Dance Central and Kinect Sports. This is why MS sold 8 million Kinect, because they are fun, and kids like to play it.

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#152 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

I personally think that motion gaming is complete garbage, but gotta hand it to MS for making the best garbage. "just comparing Move and Kinect" Wii is in a league of its own.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#153 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

It's MS up to it's normal shinannigans, Go check what packages are available to consumers at the moment and tell me they aren't doing the same thing fanboys accused Sony of doing with Blu-ray.

and FYI, my family bought me a useless 4GB slim model for x-mas that cant take the HDD from my launch 360, no HDDs available (they are $100 on sale) and the only way I could get a larger hard drive is to return it and get a kinect package.

Coincidence? With MS?

I think not.

FragTycoon
so MS is offering a package with HDD & Kinnect. Your parents went & bought u a package without HDD & Kinnect. You're upset at MS over this? I hope the development of your judgement skills would get better over time.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#154 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

Sorry folks...the advertising helped, but the system is just fun, and contrary to so many posts on System Wars, it actually works with very little lag.

Most people are not stupid, they are not going to just go out and spend $150 on something without trying it, just because it's advertised. coasterguy65

I found that it has a lot of lag, in fact I felt it had the most lag out of the three motion devices. And the last part - You'd be surprised...

immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#155 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

Does the PS3 really have a chance to catch 50 million? I don't care one way or the other, but it seems like a long way ahead. As for Kinect, I definitly want one, just not until there's at least one AAA game for it.

meatgrinderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#156 meatgrinderz
Member since 2010 • 1329 Posts

what are MOVE's sales numbers?

MattDistillery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 MattDistillery
Member since 2010 • 969 Posts

what are MOVE's sales numbers?

meatgrinderz

4.5 - 5 millionAFAIK but that comes from SW rumours and I've yet to see something linked beyond speculaion.

tbolt76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#158 tbolt76
Member since 2008 • 987 Posts
How can this be good news to Xbox 360 owners? Now MS is encouraged to keep focusing even more on Kinect haha.danish-death
If you have been keeping with the news, you would undoubtedly have seen how independent developers have been creating working mods for Kinect. Couple that with the fact tha MS themselves have said that they can and are working to make the sensor be able to capture and transmit more data. This could and should lead to games that are unique and intuitive. This very well could be a boon for gaming or at the very least, we are that much closer to The Minority Report.
ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#159 ianuilliam
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

Does the PS3 really have a chance to catch 50 million? I don't care one way or the other, but it seems like a long way ahead. As for Kinect, I definitly want one, just not until there's at least one AAA game for it.

immortality20

What is this, a joke question? Yes. the ps3 will definitely reach 50 million. It was just short of 42 last quarter (3 million behind 360). Whether they sold more or less than 360's 5.4 million remains to be seen (have to wait for the fiscal reports), but either way, they sold at least a few million, putting them only a few million behind the 50 mark. They definitely will reach 50 million this year. For them to not reach 50 million, they'd have to take the ps3 off the market well before the end of the year. Since the ps4 hasn't been announced yet, and they haven't even taken the ps2 off the market yet, I find that pretty unlikely.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

See Microsoft did not whine about the Move coming out first but instead just outsold it by huge amounts. See take a note from that PS3 fans so we do not need to hear about the head start for the 360. Kinda like also what the Wii did.

todd2r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 todd2r
Member since 2009 • 2615 Posts

Welp, I guess Kinect will replace that Wii as the "sitting in the closet collecting dust" item.

kobedaGOAT

name one thing that doesnt collect dust. my wii, ps3 and 360 have all collected dust at some point. the only thing that doesnt collect dust is my cell phone

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#162 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

And no decent first party game. How terrific.

-Snooze-
Kinect Sports is well beyond decent.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#163 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
[QUOTE="Mystery_Writer"][QUOTE="FragTycoon"]

It's MS up to it's normal shinannigans, Go check what packages are available to consumers at the moment and tell me they aren't doing the same thing fanboys accused Sony of doing with Blu-ray.

and FYI, my family bought me a useless 4GB slim model for x-mas that cant take the HDD from my launch 360, no HDDs available (they are $100 on sale) and the only way I could get a larger hard drive is to return it and get a kinect package.

Coincidence? With MS?

I think not.

so MS is offering a package with HDD & Kinnect. Your parents went & bought u a package without HDD & Kinnect. You're upset at MS over this? I hope the development of your judgement skills would get better over time.

Yeah, he shoud buy the new HD and a transfer kit... no big deal. He should be glad he got a new 360.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]So that's the result of hurling so many millions at marketing it? Hah. Colour me indifferent really, good luck to them.h575309
Its the key to selling everything. Make people think they want it, and its done. Its pretty much the reason why MS is even still in this videogame arena. They know how to market the hell out of their products.

True, though as results from throwing that much at it, in order to chip into the market? With an installation base that large. Suppose you have to start somewhere.
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
And people laughed at me when I told em Kinect would be a hit.i5750at4Ghz
It's ok. They laughed at me when I said there would be an XBox 360 Slim after Sony announced theirs. lol!! I knew Kinect would be a hit after the E3, as there were obviously more people interested in the Kinect, then the MOVE on the show floor. After big wigs like Oprah and Jimmy Fallon gave their thumbs up, even more people got interested in it.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"]And people laughed at me when I told em Kinect would be a hit.blackace
It's ok. They laughed at me when I said there would be an XBox 360 Slim after Sony announced theirs. lol!! I knew Kinect would be a hit after the E3, as there were obviously more people interested in the Kinect, then the MOVE on the show floor. After big wigs like Oprah and Jimmy Fallon gave their thumbs up, even more people got interested in it.

I think few people doubted it would become a hit specially after the massive ad investment by Kinect what most people were saying is that it will mostly suck for gaming and that it will become in a dust collecting device which I think are pretty accurate prediction by now.
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 blackace

[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="-Snooze-"]

-Snooze-

3rd party > 1st party everyday of the week.

When we're talking about Microsofts first party maybe ...

Besides,I can get all those 3rd party games on my PC, or god forbid ... PS3

You can play Tales of Vesperia, Ace Combat 6, Condemned, N3, Limbo, Infinite Undiscovery, MagnaCarta 2, BlazBlue and Naruto: Broken Bond on the PC? Really?
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 blackace
[QUOTE="blackace"][QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"]And people laughed at me when I told em Kinect would be a hit.kuraimen

I think few people doubted it would become a hit specially after the massive ad investment by Kinect what most people were saying is that it will mostly suck for gaming and that it will become in a dust collecting device which I think are pretty accurate prediction by now.

We'll see. We need to see how it does this year. I would think most Move devices would be collecting dust before Kinect, since it only had one decent game worth playing.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 kuraimen
[QUOTE="blackace"][QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="blackace"] It's ok. They laughed at me when I said there would be an XBox 360 Slim after Sony announced theirs. lol!! I knew Kinect would be a hit after the E3, as there were obviously more people interested in the Kinect, then the MOVE on the show floor. After big wigs like Oprah and Jimmy Fallon gave their thumbs up, even more people got interested in it.

We'll see. We need to see how it does this year. I would think most Move devices would be collecting dust before Kinect, since it only had one decent game worth playing.

Which is this Move worthy game? and which are Kinect's worthy games?
moving_penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 moving_penguin
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts
damn, thats a lot of sales. 500 millions investment paid off a crap load
Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

[QUOTE="ZIMdoom"]

[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"]And people laughed at me when I told em Kinect would be a hit.blue_hazy_basic

That is because Kinect is a joke...so people laugh. Why is it a joke? Because since the Wii came out in 2006, the 360 fanboys have been screaming about two things over and over. First being that the 360 is the only hardcore console for hardcore gamers on the market. Second, that motion controls like the Wii uses are stupid and nobody in their right mind would want to "look stupid jumping around and waving their arms in the air".

Cut to 4 years later (give or take) and suddenly every 360 owner is a casual gamer who LOVES motion control games and especially Kinect which LITERALLY (unlike the Wii) involves jumping around and waving your arms in the air.

That is why people laugh. For years 360 fans have been bashing motion controls as the death of real gaming and now that motion control is popular, 360 fans are bragging about their love and support of motion control as if they were the ones who originally thought of it, invented it and brought it into the mainstream.

As a PS3 and Wii owner who has had both consoles since 2006 early 2007...I am done with motion control. My Wii barely gets played anymore unless my son who is 2 wants to watch it, and I couldn't care less about Move either. So you'll have to excuse me if I find the 360 fans sudden obsession and support of motion control, now that 360 has it, to STILL be a joke.

As opposed to the Sony exec (i forget his name will track down link if you need it) who bashed the Wii's controller for looking like an ice cream cone and then praised the move controller? How many different controllers are sony on this gen? 4 I think, if you include the eye toy which people seem to think Kinect is a rip-off of? As for motion controls in general, they are something I have zero interest in. My Wii too gathers dust (kind of like my 360 tbh, except for netflix).

I don't remember that Sony thing. That is a joke too, but my comments were more directed at the 360 fans who kept goingo n and on about being more hardcore than Wii fans and "waving your arms around" which the Wii doesn't do. Now they not only all love motion control but ;pve waving their arms around too.

Since Move isn't selling that great at least Sony fanboys don't look like quite as big of hypocrits. Still some level of hypocrisy, I've seen it, but not to the same extent or level of pride.

Frankly, I expect the company execs to be tools. At least we can both agree that Wii is mostly weaksauce and Nintendo has seriously dropped the ball again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 deactivated-5dd711115e664

damn, thats a lot of sales. 500 millions investment paid off a crap loadmoving_penguin

Well, it probably helps a lot that you can't even ride the bus or go to the bathroomwithout being entered to win a free 360 with Kinect.

moving_penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 moving_penguin
Now they not only all love motion control ZIMdoom
the love for kinect seems to be few and far between.
ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 ianuilliam
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="blackace"] It's ok. They laughed at me when I said there would be an XBox 360 Slim after Sony announced theirs. lol!! I knew Kinect would be a hit after the E3, as there were obviously more people interested in the Kinect, then the MOVE on the show floor. After big wigs like Oprah and Jimmy Fallon gave their thumbs up, even more people got interested in it.blackace

Yeah, the Kinect only and move only games are, for the most part crappy casual party games. I wouldn't really consider either to be worth playing, outside of family's playing with their kids and that sort of thing. The difference being that Move is compatible with games other than the Move/kinect-only casual games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 deactivated-5dd711115e664

[QUOTE="blackace"][QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"]And people laughed at me when I told em Kinect would be a hit.kuraimen

I admit that I doubted it would be a hit. I still think that interest in motion control is waning and it is nothing more than a novelty that people will lost interest in over time.

moving_penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 moving_penguin

[QUOTE="moving_penguin"]damn, thats a lot of sales. 500 millions investment paid off a crap loadZIMdoom

Well, it probably helps a lot that you can't even ride the bus or go to the bathroomwithout being entered to win a free 360 with Kinect.

and like i said before, investment paid off.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 deactivated-5dd711115e664

[QUOTE="ZIMdoom"]Now they not only all love motion control moving_penguin

Based on what? The pre-launch hype? The number of posts on this forum? Thesales announcements? Or were you referring to this thread which is basically a brag thread about how right the 360 fans were about Kinect awesomeness?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 deactivated-5dd711115e664

[QUOTE="ZIMdoom"]

[QUOTE="moving_penguin"]damn, thats a lot of sales. 500 millions investment paid off a crap loadmoving_penguin

and like i said before, investment paid off.

I will certainly agree with that.

moving_penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 moving_penguin

[QUOTE="moving_penguin"][QUOTE="ZIMdoom"]Now they not only all love motion control ZIMdoom

Based on what? The pre-launch hype? The number of posts on this forum? Thesales announcements? Or were you referring to this thread which is basically a brag thread about how right the 360 fans were about Kinect awesomeness?

what ive seen. i didnt see many people expecting this to be a sales flop, especially after the advertising costs. praising it sales does not translate to being in love for it, probably just stroking the ego after predicting they were right. most hardcore gamers ive seen on ign, gaf, youtube, and here hate kinect and the direction microsoft is going in... i mean, you honestly think some guys love the direction ms is going in? like i said before, few and far between. but i guess ps3 folks can believe whatever
standarddamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#180 standarddamage
Member since 2006 • 1143 Posts

[QUOTE="-Snooze-"]

donalbane

As is Dance Central and Kinectimals (for the right audience).

moving_penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 moving_penguin

[QUOTE="donalbane"][QUOTE="-Snooze-"]

standarddamage

i dont consider any of those games decent. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 deactivated-5dd711115e664

[QUOTE="ZIMdoom"]

[QUOTE="moving_penguin"]the love for kinect seems to be few and far between.moving_penguin

what ive seen. i didnt see many people expecting this to be a sales flop, especially after the advertising costs. praising it sales does not translate to being in love for it, probably just stroking the ego after predicting they were right. most hardcore gamers ive seen on ign, gaf, youtube, and here hate kinect and the direction microsoft is going in... i mean, you honestly think some guys love the direction ms is going in? like i said before, few and far between. but i guess ps3 folks can believe whatever

Well, being a PS3 "folk" I'm not too happy with the direction they are going with Move either. When they announced it I thought it was a neat idea but peripherals never last if they even sell at all. However, I've seen the tech demos and honestly, Move is easily the best "motion" controller of the bunch. However, once again Sony shot themselves in the foot by making it cost WAY too much money for the audience who would buy it. You need the camera, a wand and a nunchuk at the very least. For one person to enjoy. But then some games need two wands...and that is just for one person. Who in their right mind is going to buy all the stuff needed to have a proper multiplayer experience where you can play any of the game available?

If you want to do something like that right you have to do what Nintendo did and go all in. that also forces devs to support it with software, which unforuntely mostly ends up being lame because the developers are more concerned with just motion control than they are good controls or a good game.

Avatar image for LucidJubilation
LucidJubilation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 LucidJubilation
Member since 2010 • 1165 Posts

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="blackace"] It's ok. They laughed at me when I said there would be an XBox 360 Slim after Sony announced theirs. lol!! I knew Kinect would be a hit after the E3, as there were obviously more people interested in the Kinect, then the MOVE on the show floor. After big wigs like Oprah and Jimmy Fallon gave their thumbs up, even more people got interested in it.ZIMdoom

I admit that I doubted it would be a hit. I still think that interest in motion control is waning and it is nothing more than a novelty that people will lost interest in over time.

lol....how and why would you say that in a thread about a motion control device selling 8 million units in 60 days:lol: this whole thread is practically about you being wrong...again.

i'm telling you...any bashing or negative comments in system wars by fanboys will basically turn out to be the exact opposite in the real world? never fails....

standarddamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#184 standarddamage
Member since 2006 • 1143 Posts

[QUOTE="standarddamage"]

moving_penguin

i dont consider any of those games decent. :P

I know. :P But we have to bear in mind that while the games aren't exactly what most of us here would play, they're not crap games either. It's obvious that development time and quality went into them.

The big surprise for me was Kinectimals. Santa brought it because my youngest wanted it so badly, and I'm really surprised to how well it works and what a good game it actually is.

babybinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 babybinky
Member since 2004 • 1003 Posts
And people laughed at me when I told em Kinect would be a hit.i5750at4Ghz
ofcourse it was bound to be a hit. i just laugh at those numbers cause it shows that 8 million people are gullable enough to beleive kinect is a good device... 42 million xbox 360 owners know its complete garbage
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

Btw, the 360 is now the fifth best selling home console of all time, passing the SNES.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#187 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

-Snooze-
The rare game it comes with is quite a bit of fun.
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
[QUOTE="-Snooze-"]

HarlockJC
The rare game it comes with is quite a bit of fun.

kinect adventures is not made by rare.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#189 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
I was thinking it was...My son loads it
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
I was thinking it was...My son loads itHarlockJC
kinect sports is
siddarthshetty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#191 siddarthshetty
Member since 2008 • 9463 Posts

I'm planning to buy one this year

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts

Just part of that $500,000,000 going to work on the mindless sheep in America who buy every other shiny new piece of crap they see on TV. lol. I feel bad for 360 hardcore gamers since this is bad for hardcore gaming on the 360 and the overall gaming marketplace.

The saddest part is that there isn't even a game out there for Kinect that's wowing people into buying a Kinect with it's amazing gameplay. Kinect is selling on Microsoft funded hype alone.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 waltefmoney

Just part of that $500,000,000 going to work on the mindless sheep in America who buy every other shiny new piece of crap they see on TV. lol. I feel bad for 360 hardcore gamers. There isn't even a game out there for Kinect that's wowing people into buying a Kinect. Kinect is selling on Microsoft funded hype alone.Messiahbolical-

Why do cows always gotta insult America? I'm not american and I'm pissed.

Avatar image for reanimatedchamp
reanimatedchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 reanimatedchamp
Member since 2010 • 183 Posts
Opinions may vary but in my personal gaming experience, reality of things and educated opinion, I always knew and believed in my heart Microsoft creating the project which delivered into the Kinect would be a success but I never would have imagine the magnitude of dominance it has elevated to. Believe you me, when Microsoft says this is just the beginning. They will deliver the gaming funnery to reach every audience who supports their magnificent gaming machinery. Only those who loathes Microsoft, Xbox 360, and Kinect will always doubt the quality software it will unleash onto the universe. It is a great time to own an Xbox 360 and Kinect, more than ever now. Thank you Microsoft you did your magic again, you are magical in my personal educated reality of opinions. Jump in and Kinect.
Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"]Just part of that $500,000,000 going to work on the mindless sheep in America who buy every other shiny new piece of crap they see on TV. lol. I feel bad for 360 hardcore gamers. There isn't even a game out there for Kinect that's wowing people into buying a Kinect. Kinect is selling on Microsoft funded hype alone.waltefmoney

I'm American and I'm not insulting America. I'm stating that Microsoft focuses most of their advertisement in America because there's so many advertisement driven consumers out here that will buy "the latest and coolest new stuff that you HAVE to get!!!!" :roll:
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 waltefmoney

I'm American and I'm not insulting America. I'm stating that Microsoft focuses most of their advertisement in America because there's so many advertisement driven consumers out here that will buy "the latest and coolest new stuff that you HAVE to get!!!!" :roll:Messiahbolical-

There's probably just as much of them in Europe, where Sony reigns surpreme.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"][QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

Just part of that $500,000,000 going to work on the mindless sheep in America who buy every other shiny new piece of crap they see on TV. lol. I feel bad for 360 hardcore gamers. There isn't even a game out there for Kinect that's wowing people into buying a Kinect. Kinect is selling on Microsoft funded hype alone.Messiahbolical-

I'm American and I'm not insulting America. I'm stating that Microsoft focuses most of their advertisement in America because there's so many advertisement driven consumers out here that will buy "the latest and coolest new stuff that you HAVE to get!!!!" :roll:

Like the KB ads for Sony?
Avatar image for GulliversTravel
GulliversTravel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 GulliversTravel
Member since 2009 • 3110 Posts
Kinect is just as bad as the Wii, just look at what the EyeToy did to the PS2:roll:
todd2r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 todd2r
Member since 2009 • 2615 Posts

Gamespot is the only place i can think of where making money is considered a bad thing. the kinect is bad for hardcore gamers.....wah wah wah. well guess what. if youre a hardcore gamer, chances are youve already bought a 360. they are not going after you, they are going after the other billion people tht dont have a 360. obviously halo and gears and fable and other stuff dont interest those billion people. so why not make something that gets them interested? why would they just cater to hardcore gamers the whole time? its bad business. if i was in the business of making money, i better be making money. thats what kinect is doing. makin money. they have to make money so they can make hardcore games. and please dont say how they have nothing coming out cause they do. lets wait till 2012 before we claim they had nothing to play in 2011. and they have to keep announcing kinect stuff so they can keep these billion people interested in the product. stop being haters. nintendo started this crap, blame them. dont blame microsoft for making money

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 kuraimen

Just part of that $500,000,000 going to work on the mindless sheep in America who buy every other shiny new piece of crap they see on TV. lol. I feel bad for 360 hardcore gamers since this is bad for hardcore gaming on the 360 and the overall gaming marketplace.

The saddest part is that there isn't even a game out there for Kinect that's wowing people into buying a Kinect with it's amazing gameplay. Kinect is selling on Microsoft funded hype alone.

Messiahbolical-
It is not only bad for the 360 audience but for the whole audience. Also it was in America where the guy selling rocks as pets became a millionaire :P