MCC FLOPPED, what does xbone have to push the system 1Q 2015?

• 175 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll MCC FLOPPED, what does xbone have to push the system 1Q 2015? (16 votes)

Inferior multiplats FTW? 63%
Clouds and just wait til Halo 5 next chirstmas? 75%

Halo MCC is the biggest flop of the generation so far and regardless on GS's score social media is having a field day with how terrible the launch has been (similar to DriveClub).

No matter what fanboys say, only the biggest Halo fanatic are going out to buy an xbone for the MCC collection in light of how the game has turned out. Other than that, only people who already invested in the system will see the game as a must have.

Moving forward, MCC was MS's last card to play 2014, so now we look into 2015...but I don't see anything there, Do you? MS may care about holiday sales but that isn't going to help for the rest of the year. I have yet to see ANY release dates for any of the high profile xbone games for 2015 and it's less then a month an a half away.

So my question is, now that MS's 4Q holiday 2014 push is done, what will push the system 1Q 2015? What games are fans able to get excited for in the beginning if the upcoming year?

• 
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#101 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Quantum Break looks cool but that maybe was Q2?

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

@Wasdie said:

A poor score doesn't mean squat for MCC. People are and will continue to buy it. This isn't some new IP that has to prove itself. It's Halo repackaged. The launch has been rocky but once they get that sorted out all will be well.

Pretty sure people who wanted MCC are going to get it. I even bought an Xbox One just for it. Even with the problems I'm not upset. I know they'll fix it, it's just a waiting game.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

The low scores for MCC are mostly due to the broken online. That seems like something that could be fixed with a few patches.

I think it definitely will be fixed, knowing how good MS generally is with network connections. However critics need to start being tougher on games that release so broken. 60-70 dollar games are no joke.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@Wasdie said:

A poor score doesn't mean squat for MCC. People are and will continue to buy it. This isn't some new IP that has to prove itself. It's Halo repackaged. The launch has been rocky but once they get that sorted out all will be well.

Pretty sure people who wanted MCC are going to get it. I even bought an Xbox One just for it. Even with the problems I'm not upset. I know they'll fix it, it's just a waiting game.

Bingo. Making mountains out of mole hills is silly.

You guys giving a broken game a free pass just because it's "Halo" doesn't really help gaming in the long run, whatever though to each their own - I'm voting with my wallet.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@Wasdie said:

You guys giving a broken game a free pass just because it's "Halo" doesn't really help gaming in the long run, whatever though to each their own - I'm voting with my wallet.

its not broken everything works and the update is in a day i see MLG players playing halo 2 professionally online how the hell is that broken? go look at twitch ppl are plyin it online like no problems at all the only thing broken is the cows lying an ppl who dont own it

ppl are playing on it and the update is tomm if it works now imagine what happens on wednesday i guess it works even better than it alrdy just works i dunno man u do the math

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By BattleSpectre

@ProtossX said:

@BattleSpectre said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@Wasdie said:

its not broken everything works and the update is in a day i see MLG players playing halo 2 professionally online how the hell is that broken? go look at twitch ppl are plyin it online like no problems at all the only thing broken is the cows lying an ppl who dont own it

ppl are playing on it and the update is tomm if it works now imagine what happens on wednesday i guess it works even better than it alrdy just works i dunno man u do the math

If it's not broken why is it receiving such shitty review scores? Why did 343 (you know the company who actually made the game) come out and apologise about all the bugs and glitches + multiplayer not working as it should in the game - and that a fix is on the way?

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@BattleSpectre: it got 9/10 at IGN its sitting on an 8.7 metacritic rating and has a 8.4 user critic rating

those are very high scores for an exclusive game

Fun multiplayer fun campaign with good ai upgraded cut scenes etc etc etc et

halo has VERY Good ai notice how the ai moves around an jumps away from attacks in call of duty i beat it on veteran the AI is incredibly stupid in every other shooter they don't learn and jump around and ambush u

notice how halo is actually a good game an like stuff like that?

why cant other devs try to be this good once in awhile?

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By BattleSpectre

@ProtossX said:

@BattleSpectre: it got 9/10 at IGN its sitting on an 8.7 metacritic rating and has a 8.4 user critic rating

halo has VERY Good ai notice how the ai moves around an jumps away from attacks in call of duty i beat it on veteran the AI is incredibly stupid in every other shooter they don't learn and jump around and ambush u

Yet it got a 6/10 on Gamespot and similar reviews at other sites. You're saying the game is not broken and that everyone is lying.... yeah is that why 343 apologised on behalf of the game? Anyways you're avoiding my question mate, but here's a list of problems found within the game originally posted by @SolidTy. Yes I'm sorry but at this stage the game is half broken, many people can't find a match in matchmaking not to mention all these other bugs listed below.

Game Specific Bugs & Single Player:

Halo CE:

- Audio in Single Player is flawed. Loops sometimes forever/overlapping/different tracks playing at the same time/wrong sounds (More..).

- Completed Single Player games sometimes don't save.

- When playing co-op campaign, it seems impossible to finish a mission. The game is always disrupted with disconnects (More...).

H2A:

- Campaign seems to randomly crash when attempting to start a mission.

- Campaign progress won't save.

- Campaign glitch preventing the story from being completed.

H3:

- One user reports that he can't play Halo 3 at all. No single or multiplayer. Game freezes at the loading screen. As this happens only with one user so far we need more people confirming this here...

Mixed:

- Cross game singleplayer playlist skips mission (specifically Mission 6 on "Normal")

- The Master Chief Collection sometimes responds poorly to snapping. This behavior has exhibited crashing, freezing, and persistent significant frame drops.

- These are only a few things that happened to me and the players I played with last night. Please add more.

Matchmaking bugs:

- If you switch between the playlists you lose your party most of the time. You can't take your party and often don't get asked if you want to.

- Sometimes the teams get shuffled during the loading screen. E.g If you are with friends in the "red" team while voting for the map it doesn't mean you are in the same team when the game starts. "Team formulation" seems very broken (More...).

- Colors/Emblems, etc. is not available in Matchmaking and you just get a generic/random emblem.

- It doesn't give priority to your party when creating the teams. I've played about 10 Team Slayer games and most of the time was in the opposite team of my friend.

- Big Team Battle description says it's 8vs8, but it's only 6vs6.

- Rank up bug that let's you get the highest rank via a Matchmaking/Custom Game bug. Details: http://redd.it/2lyo3c

Custom Game bugs:

- Team colours shuffle after each game. And because changing team colours is now a 4-5 step process this is very annoying.

- Settings shuffle if you make some changes after the game and you have to setup everything again.

- You can't join a game after it started. It always says it's full, even if it isn't.

- The game gives the host randomly to players depending on the game. We played a few H2A games with a perfect and lag-free host. When we switched to H2C with the same players the game was suddenly unplayable, because it gave the host to someone else.

Other problems / missing features:

- Game chat randomly doesn't work for some players. Many people meet in parties.

- Players randomly disconnect from the game.

- The game freezes sometimes during the loading screen. Often after a game ends.

- You can't see the ping in matchmaking or custom game. In any game. This is really important.

- Changing the team colour is now a 4-5 step process. We were able to press "x" and could right away change the team. Now you have to press "X" to open the roster. Scroll to your gamertag and select it with "A". Then choose "Change Color" from four different options with "A". Then select the colour and leave the menu again.

- Loading times for maps seem extremely long. It also doesn't seem to preload the map like it always did.

- The roster doesn't work right. It often doesn't show anyone or only a few of the people that are online and sometimes you can't invite players. Sometimes the game get's unresponsive/freezes after using the roster or a snapped app.

- You can't see anymore who's talking in game. This used to be an important feature in previous games. Now you are in matchmaking with new players and just have to "guess".

- You can't see who is wearing a mic unless they speak.

- Less customization options for game type settings in custom games.

- There should be an option to turn off (or at least lower the volume of) the menu music. It used to be only in the main menu in the past, but now it's everywhere and just far too loud.

- The roster always shows 1/16 players for every group/friend, even if they play with more people,

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@ProtossX said:

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@kinectthedots said:
@StormyJoe said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@StormyJoe said:

I believe the XB1 has higher rated games than the PS4 at the moment. And, with Halo 5, Fable Legends, a new Gears of War, and games like Quantum Break and Scalebound, I don't think XB1 fans/owners have a lot to worry about.

Sounds to me like you are trying to convince yourself that being a cow was a good call...

So one person talks about the XBone lacking games NOW, so the lem brings up FUTURE games that won't be out for another year (and which only two will likely be worth a shit).

Oh System Wars, you so silly.

I was answering the question "So next year what will lems be playing?"

You were? seems you didn't really answer anything, I asked "what does the xbone have to push the system 1Q 2015"

StormyJoe said: "Halo 5, Fable Legends, a new Gears of War, and games like Quantum Break and Scalebound,"

So those are the games you are suggesting will push xbone sales 1Q 2015?

Cool, so what are the release dates for those 1Q games?????

lol, since you are saying you are "answering the question" I am sure you gave me games with confirmed release dates in 1Q and aren't just rambling off a list of games said to release *sometime* in 2015 out of damage control

What does any console have in Q1 of any year, except games that missed the Christmas deadline? Sorry for glossing over the "Q1" part, but that's a little silly and narrow of an argument to make. Still, there are a ton of AAA multiplats coming out in Q1, so it's not like there is nothing to new coming to XB1.

Besides, in your own topic, you clearly indicate that you are talking about more than just Q1 -

"Moving forward, MCC was MS's last card to play 2014, so now we look into 2015...but I don't see anything there, Do you? MS may care about holiday sales but that isn't going to help for the rest of the year. I have yet to see ANY release dates for any of the high profile xbone games for 2015 and it's less then a month an a half away." <-- your words.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@kinectthedots said:

You were? seems you didn't really answer anything, I asked "what does the xbone have to push the system 1Q 2015"

StormyJoe said: "Halo 5, Fable Legends, a new Gears of War, and games like Quantum Break and Scalebound,"

lol, since you are saying you are "answering the question" I am sure you gave me games with confirmed release dates in 1Q and aren't just rambling off a list of games said to release *sometime* in 2015 out of damage control

1.What does any console have in Q1 of any year,...

2.Sorry for glossing over the "Q1" part, but that's a little silly and narrow of an argument to make...

3.Still, there are a ton of AAA multiplats coming out in Q1, so it's not like there is nothing to new coming to XB1...

The Order 1886 February 20, 2015

Bloodboren March 24, 2015

maybe nothing on xbox systems if that is what you are used to but that's not the question, but this is your answer for PS4 and possibly more announced after the Playstation experience event in December.

So, 1Q games is a silly and narrow argument to make as opposed to...a 4Q holiday focused games arguments? That is confusing as I have seen you defend the holiday game lineup argument before so I am not really understanding your objection for this one here..next.

So, poll option 1? inferior multiplats to push xbone 1Q 2015?

FIN/

This is my point, I am asking what games are supposed to PUSH xbone 1Q 2015. The only thing I am really hearing is that xbone is supposed to survive off of multiplats...sounds similar to what happened xbox360 last generation, except this time without a lead in the console market.

Lems were jumping up and down about how important exclusive games were at the beginning of the generation with xbone launch titles, but now it seems exclusives aren't that important anymore and you guys are content with surviving off of multiplats, even if all inferior...my how the stance of lems changed within less than a year.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 StormyJoe

@kinectthedots said:

@StormyJoe said:

@kinectthedots said:

2.Sorry for glossing over the "Q1" part, but that's a little silly and narrow of an argument to make...

3.Still, there are a ton of AAA multiplats coming out in Q1, so it's not like there is nothing to new coming to XB1...

loodboren March 24, 2015

maybe nothing on xbox systems if that is what you are used to but that's not the question, but this is your answer for PS4 and possibly more announced after the Playstation experience event in December.

So, 1Q games is a silly and narrow argument to make as opposed to...a 4Q holiday focused games arguments? That is confusing as I have seen you defend the holiday game lineup argument before so I am not really understanding your objection for this one here..next.

FIN/

This is my point, I am asking what games are supposed to PUSH xbone 1Q 2015. The only thing I am really hearing is that xbone is supposed to survive off of multiplats...sounds similar to what happened xbox360 last generation, except this time without a lead in the console market.

Lems were jumping up and down about how important exclusive games were at the beginning of the generation with xbone launch titles, but now it seems exclusives aren't that important anymore and you guys are content with surviving off of multiplats, even if all inferior...my how the stance of lems changed within less than a year.

1. The Order is intriguing, but a new Demon's Souls game? Really - that's a niche title. And those are your "epic win" titles? A nitche sequel and an unknown new IP?
  2. Yes, Q4 > Q1. Q4 is Christmas season, Q1 is post Christmas - which is usually the slowest retail time of the year.
  3. I think you overestimate this "inferior multiplat" argument. For instance, the next Batman game is the same on both consoles. Others, the difference is 180p -- and if you want to hang your hat on that insignificant difference, you are in for a rocky ride.

Again, I gave you a list for 2015. You countered by "Well, I meant Q1 2015".

So, if you want to talk "Exclusives", Lems did have reason to celebrate - they have a lot of them now, and in 2015. Narrowing the window to "Q1 2015" really doesn't help your point, it actually emphasizes a weak argument.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@lostrib: what's bad about this thread? The fact that its not bum licking MS? He made some valid points. What's good for the gander is good for the goose. MS has nothing announced early next year. I don't see you in "PS4 has no games thread #1537" vaguely saying "this thread is bad" GTFO.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178847 Posts

@Sagemode87: That's his usually contribution to threads....

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

@lostrib: what's bad about this thread? The fact that its not bum licking MS? He made some valid points. What's good for the gander is good for the goose. MS has nothing announced early next year. I don't see you in "PS4 has no games thread #1537" vaguely saying "this thread is bad" GTFO.

Because it's a terrible poll thread. What's the point of the poll? Or is this the part where you accuse me of being a lemming? or would you like to sign another petition to have me banned?

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Sagemode87: That's his usually contribution to threads....

Prove it

Venom951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#116 Venom951
Member since 2012 • 389 Posts

Onlines working for me :)

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#117  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

It might have flopped critically, but it's Halo. Halo always sells bucketloads and this collection will be no different.

Comduter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#118 Comduter
Member since 2004 • 2316 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@Comduter said:

The XBone has the MCC to help it's sales during the first quarter of next year of course.

So, you think people will be buying an xbone for Halo MCC in...2015? That is interesting indeed.

No. I meant to say that this game will CONTINUE to be ONE of the reasons for people to purchase and XBox One in early 2015 (help it's sales).

funkmaster1233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#119  Edited By funkmaster1233
Member since 2014 • 706 Posts

The MCC is the best 6 I have ever played (even better than a lot of 10's) and it inspired me to try out all the 5's, 6's and 7's that gamespot give out.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@StormyJoe said:

@kinectthedots said:

Bloodboren March 24, 2015

FIN/

More bluish grey games from Sony. Sweet.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#121 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

It's not so much as a free pass (this game has gotten a pretty big backlash over its issues) as it's obvious the issues will be temporary, and once these frustrating matchmaking issues are fixed then you have a real gem here. MCC "flopping" on Gamespot isn't going to deter people from enjoying the game, nor will it deter people from buying the game. This is huge game in its own right, nevermind the sheer value encompassed here with the whole package.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 LJS9502_basic
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@BattleSpectre said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

It's not so much as a free pass (this game has gotten a pretty big backlash over its issues) as it's obvious the issues will be temporary, and once these frustrating matchmaking issues are fixed then you have a real gem here. MCC "flopping" on Gamespot isn't going to deter people from enjoying the game, nor will it deter people from buying the game. This is huge game in its own right, nevermind the sheer value encompassed here with the whole package.

It's not obvious. It's possible it will be fixed but until it is you cannot use words such as temporary nor obvious. Gem? You have an interesting way to use that word. It's a collection of older games most people have played to death. And I think the glory days are calling them back. I don't see the need for rehashes but if someone wants to replay the games....good on them...but the games shouldn't be rated as high as they were when new. They aren't.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

It's not obvious. It's possible it will be fixed but until it is you cannot use words such as temporary nor obvious. Gem? You have an interesting way to use that word. It's a collection of older games most people have played to death. And I think the glory days are calling them back. I don't see the need for rehashes but if someone wants to replay the games....good on them...but the games shouldn't be rated as high as they were when new. They aren't.

Yes, it's obvious. Do not be disingenuous if you believe 343 isn't going to continue to support Halo's matchmaking, as Halo has a long history of being supported with playlist updates. It's not interesting as it's clear that Halo 2's multiplayer holds up remarkably well in today's over-crowded shooter market. It's testament to how Bungie really nailed it back in 2004 and it's refreshing to see competitive multiplayer come back to older style instead of relying on copying Call of Duty (look at how Halo 4's multiplayer flopped).

Have you played the collection?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@ProtossX said:

Funny the only Halo games with lower than 9 are ODST and halo 4 and now the collection,as 1,2,3 and Reach all have over 90.

Man stop your halo ass kissing is embarrassing..

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Yes, it's obvious. Do not be disingenuous if you believe 343 isn't going to continue to support Halo's matchmaking, as Halo has a long history of being supported with playlist updates. It's not interesting as it's clear that Halo 2's multiplayer holds up remarkably well in today's over-crowded shooter market. It's testament to how Bungie really nailed it back in 2004 and it's refreshing to see competitive multiplayer come back to older style instead of relying on copying Call of Duty (look at how Halo 4's multiplayer flopped).

Your assumptions are NOT facts there stevo. Also Halo wasn't 343 until recently so there is no LONG HISTORY.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By BattleSpectre

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@BattleSpectre said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Well matchmaking are not the only issues found within the game, there's a whole list that I posted before (originally posted by SolidTY) explaining the multiple bugs and glitches also found in the campaigns + multiplayer. I have no doubt they'll fix it, but that doesn't mean it's acceptable either to launch a game like this - I feel if this was any other game other than Halo everyone would be chewing it's ass right now. Anyways I will be picking the game up once it's all been fixed but until then they don't get my money.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Your assumptions are NOT facts there stevo. Also Halo wasn't 343 until recently so there is no LONG HISTORY.

Halo has been in 343's arms since early 2012 so it's still in new hands, nevertheless, Halo as a whole has been routinely supported and I highly doubt now, under any circumstance, where the game would not get the support it deserves. This is especially clear based on the messaging we've seen from 343. That's not to say this is excusable to release a game in a such a state, and this has really hit 343's credibility hard (which already was hit after Halo 4).

Have you played the collection though?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#128 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44572 Posts

I might be getting a MCC Xbox One for Black Friday, matchmaking should be fixed by then.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@BattleSpectre said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@BattleSpectre said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Well matchmaking are not the only issues found within the game, there's a whole list that I posted before (originally posted by SolidTY) explaining the multiple bugs and glitches also found in the campaigns + multiplayer. I have no doubt they'll fix it, but that doesn't mean it's acceptable either to launch a game like this - I feel if this was any other game other than Halo everyone would be chewing it's ass right now. Anyways I will be picking the game up once it's all been fixed but until then they don't get my money.

I haven't ran into any issues with the campaign, aside from a minor 30-second audio bug in Halo 1. I just finished Halo 2's campaign this morning and it was solid. I have yet to play Halo 3 or Halo 4's campaigns, mind you.

funkmaster1233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 funkmaster1233

MCC didn't flop unless you have difficulty reading reviews.

funkmaster1233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 funkmaster1233

@lamprey263 said:

I might be getting a MCC Xbox One for Black Friday, matchmaking should be fixed by then.

There's a huge patch coming out today to make it go from a 6 to a 10 (according to the reviewer)

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 LJS9502_basic

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Halo has been in 343's arms since early 2012 so it's still in new hands, nevertheless, Halo as a whole has been routinely supported and I highly doubt now, under any circumstance, where the game would not get the support it deserves. This is especially clear based on the messaging we've seen from 343. That's not to say this is excusable to release a game in a such a state, and this has really hit 343's credibility hard (which already was hit after Halo 4).

And I'm saying you cannot use the history of Halo pre 2012. Different devs are just that.

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

@funkmaster1233 said:

After my careful and concise analysis of the review, MCC was definitely a huge flop.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 LJS9502_basic

@funkmaster1233 said:

@lamprey263 said:

There's a huge patch coming out today to make it go from a 6 to a 10 (according to the reviewer)

10? Remasters should NOT get 10s.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

And I'm saying you cannot use the history of Halo pre 2012. Different devs are just that.

But you can, especially when tradition is followed by key former Bungie employees. Anyone thinking Halo isn't going to get the support is off their rocker, and pandering for the sake of pandering.

You have evaded my question twice now, dare I ask again?

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

1. The Order is intriguing, but a new Demon's Souls game? Really - that's a niche title. And those are your "epic win" titles? A nitche sequel and an unknown new IP?
  2. Yes, Q4 > Q1. Q4 is Christmas season, Q1 is post Christmas - which is usually the slowest retail time of the year.
  3. I think you overestimate this "inferior multiplat" argument. For instance, the next Batman game is the same on both consoles. Others, the difference is 180p -- and if you want to hang your hat on that insignificant difference, you are in for a rocky ride.

So, if you want to talk "Exclusives", Lems did have reason to celebrate - they have a lot of them now, and in 2015. Narrowing the window to "Q1 2015" really doesn't help your point, it actually emphasizes a weak argument.

Why have your new IP/AA franchise drowned out by the usual COD/AC behemoths released in Q4, Joke? Makes more sense for it to dominate the particular launch period it's in and give it a chance to develop legs.

Also I love how you still think 500,000 pixels is insignificant.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 LJS9502_basic

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

But you can, especially when tradition is followed by key former Bungie employees. Anyone thinking Halo isn't going to get the support is off their rocker, and pandering for the sake of pandering.

No you can't. Key Bungie members left. It's all up in the air until it's done. You can certainly HOPE they follow that tradition but LOGICALLY you can NOT make that leap stevo.

MCC? No. I have the original games and would rather spend money on new games. However, I can read reviews.

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

You underestimate Bloodborne. The Souls fanbase is incredibly dedicated so a lot of people will be picking up a PS4 for it, myself included. Bloodborne is Sony's redemption for Demon's Souls which is why it has a new name. They plan on marketing the hell out of this one instead of leaving it to die. Don't be surprised if it sells better than all of the Souls game up to now. New IPs have potential to sell, Halo and Gears were both new IPs at some point.

The PS4 has been selling with few exclusives at all, it's going to sell even better now that it has a huge lineup of exclusives coming, and they're coming all year long, not just the holidays like the Xbone.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

No you can't. Key Bungie members left. It's all up in the air until it's done. You can certainly HOPE they follow that tradition but LOGICALLY you can NOT make that leap stevo.

MCC? No. I have the original games and would rather spend money on new games. However, I can read reviews.

Frank and Shishka haven't gone anywhere. Nevertheless, you can look at the playlist updates here. But yeah, I'm sure you can pander to the silliness of "343 won't support their games like Bungie" even though Halo 4 received quite a bit of matchmaking support... but whatever. Let's continue to pander regarding things where our opinions are founded based on other people's opinions. Obviously, let's assume Halo MCC won't get fixed (even though the new update fixes a ton of issues) and won't be supported (even though Halo is routinely supported). Stay classy, SW.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Frank and Shishka haven't gone anywhere. Nevertheless, you can look at the playlist updates here. But yeah, I'm sure you can pander to the silliness of "343 won't support their games like Bungie" even though Halo 4 received quite a bit of matchmaking support... but whatever. Let's continue to pander regarding things where our opinions are founded based on other people's opinions. Obviously, let's assume Halo MCC won't get fixed (even though the new update fixes a ton of issues) and won't be supported (even though Halo is routinely supported). Stay classy, SW.

I'm not pandering anything. I don't form a conclusion without facts.....which is what fan boys do. When and if the game is fixed....it's fixed. Until then it's wait and see. You throw words out as insults because someone doesn't agree with your stance. I don't have a dog in this fight. Whether MCC does well or not is not my concern....however the game as released was broken. And whether or not I wish to play a game I dislike seeing gamers making excuses for shoddy work. It means going forward it won't matter if games are rushed out the door for profit because gamers will buy them. That does concern me. I don't like the trend of broken games on release. It's bull shit and the blame is on the individuals that reward devs/pubs by buying them.

And making excuses for them....

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 StormyJoe

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@StormyJoe said:

Why have your new IP/AA franchise drowned out by the usual COD/AC behemoths released in Q4, Joke? Makes more sense for it to dominate the particular launch period it's in and give it a chance to develop legs.

Also I love how you still think 500,000 pixels is insignificant.

Stupid,

It's about marketing. Q4 is the best time to sell your products. If you knew anything about... well... anything, you'd know that.

180p is not significant, regardless how many times you cud chewers say it is.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By kinectthedots

LMAO, while lems claim LBP, a game that didn't even have a hype thread, flopped...say

@funkmaster1233 said:

@FastRobby said:

MCC flopped?

LMAO, Lems get amnesia bout their AAA guaranteed, highly speculated at AAAA game savoir, now 6.0 flop collection. Oh how soon they forget...................

Oh funkmaster1233..

@funkmaster1233 said:

AAAAE. I will be playing this bad boy for years to come like I did with the other games when the online was still up/populated. The ONLY downside to Halo 3 was the servers and now they are fixed. Halo 2 will always be my favourite but I cannot wait to play them all

Oh FastRobby..

@FastRobby said:

Unless they fucked up something small I can't imagine it not getting a 10...

double Oh FastRooby......

@FastRobby said:
@blue_hazy_basic said:

Could be as low as AA or as high as AAAA but think I'll be boring and plump for an AAA rating.

An AA rating would be bad, it would be a failure and a flop. For a game of this caliber...

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/halo-masterchief-collection-discussion-thread-game-31644560/#1425

And according to you FastRobby if it even got an AA score it would be a falure and a flop? No worries, it's no where close to an AA LMAO. This was lems guaranteed AAA, the sure bet..

Not what this thead is about but here are more lems that have laid on thick with hype now trying to praise the 6.0 mega flop and pretend it wan't hyped to the heavens or are in full DC and denial now.

@sts106mat said:

gone for AAA, wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't get a 10 though, 343 seem to have gone all out with this one.

@deadline-zero0 said:

GS seems more willing to use the 10 scale now. Don't fully believe it'll happen, but since all the halo games are high scoring on gamespot, i voted AAAA.

@BigBadBully said:

I voted AAAA, 343 really did a great job with this collection. The fact they were able to unify all the games (campaign/multiplayer) seamlessly is amazing.

They set the bar with this collection. Somewhat, on topic would love Sony If they could make a socom/twisted metal collection for PS4. Would love some updated socom 1-3 multiplayer.

@miiiiv said:

AAAA

It's an incredible collection. One of the few collections/remakes that is actually worth paying full price for.

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

I voted AAAA too -- although it's not exclusive. ;)

@YD_11 said:

Damn, this game is going to be epic! That achievement/rival video was news to me and is awesome. I voted 9 but I could see this getting a 10 honestly

@behardy24 said:

Possibly AAAA if everything falls in place.

@hrt_rulz01 said:

AAAA baby!!!

@FoxbatAlpha said:

AAAA all day, all night, you know what you want. Right here on Dave T.V.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Alucard_Prime said:

Hehe nice one TC....AAAA of course, the value here is just through the roof. Unless you played every single Halo game to death, it's hard to pass this up if you're a Halo fan. Even for those people, there are some new things, such as dedicated server support(AFAIK previous Halo games were all P2P), access to the upcoming show, access to the Halo 5 beta, having all the games in 1 place and being able to easily jump online from one game to the next, etc....I never really played Halo 2, and I will gladly replay all the campaings back to back, it will be a nice refresher for the story, lots of new achivements, and I'm hungry for some Halo lol, have not played for a while now since Halo 4 released.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/halo-masterchief-collection-discussion-thread-game-31644560/#1425

It's all there, lems say no hype, no a flop..

Oopse so this game was supposed to score 10/10 according to you guys? Dat D grade score totally isn't a flop after all this!

lol this is the level of delusional overhype for this disgusting bug ridden 6.0 embarrassment. it's easy to see why these are the most defensive and touchy posters when talking about this FLOP.

Never before has there been a game more deserving of the title "Flop" in the history SW than this massively overhyped collection of old broken games that lems made out the be the best thing known to videogames called Halo Master Chief Collection.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

An incredibly lame Xbox One hate thread with a poll devised by someone with an IQ under 10. The TC even claims Halo MCC is a flop. Seriously, it's hard to imagine how this thread could have failed harder.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By kinectthedots

Oh std106 your tears bring me joy

Still cant deal with the fact that all you lems perfoect 10 overhyped xbone savior is the biggest major exclusive flop in all of SW history

Xbox's biggest and best franchise openly (as I have shown) hyped 10 by majority of desperate lems.

FINAL VERDICT:

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By kinectthedots

@blueinheaven said:

An incredibly lame Xbox One hate thread with a poll devised by someone with an IQ under 10. The TC even claims Halo MCC is a flop. Seriously, it's hard to imagine how this thread could have failed harder.

LMAO...

@sts106mat said:

gone for AAA, wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't get a 10 though, 343 seem to have gone all out with this one.

@deadline-zero0 said:

GS seems more willing to use the 10 scale now. Don't fully believe it'll happen, but since all the halo games are high scoring on gamespot, i voted AAAA.

@BigBadBully said:

I voted AAAA, 343 really did a great job with this collection. The fact they were able to unify all the games (campaign/multiplayer) seamlessly is amazing.

They set the bar with this collection. Somewhat, on topic would love Sony If they could make a socom/twisted metal collection for PS4. Would love some updated socom 1-3 multiplayer.

@miiiiv said:

AAAA

It's an incredible collection. One of the few collections/remakes that is actually worth paying full price for.

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@YD_11 said:

Damn, this game is going to be epic! That achievement/rival video was news to me and is awesome. I voted 9 but I could see this getting a 10 honestly

@behardy24 said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

AAAA baby!!!

@FoxbatAlpha said:

AAAA all day, all night, you know what you want. Right here on Dave T.V.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Alucard_Prime said:

Hehe nice one TC....AAAA of course, the value here is just through the roof. Unless you played every single Halo game to death, it's hard to pass this up if you're a Halo fan. Even for those people, there are some new things, such as dedicated server support(AFAIK previous Halo games were all P2P), access to the upcoming show, access to the Halo 5 beta, having all the games in 1 place and being able to easily jump online from one game to the next, etc....I never really played Halo 2, and I will gladly replay all the campaings back to back, it will be a nice refresher for the story, lots of new achivements, and I'm hungry for some Halo lol, have not played for a while now since Halo 4 released.

@funkmaster1233 said:

AAAAE. I will be playing this bad boy for years to come like I did with the other games when the online was still up/populated. The ONLY downside to Halo 3 was the servers and now they are fixed. Halo 2 will always be my favourite but I cannot wait to play them all

@FastRobby said:

What don't you understand about the concept of flop cretin? Talking bout low IQ's because of your anger about an overhyped videogame and the silly users who made it so because I called it out? lol, I'd be surprised if you weren't a tiny-bopper.

Why don't you go take a look at the system wars survival guide and educate yourself on what the term "flop" constitutes in this forum as you seem to be completely clueless and ignorant as you spout your emotional non-sense about failing lol.

Suddenly lems can't accept the established SW metagame rule about flops. As recent as DriveClub, a game that wasn't even hyped AA, failed to meet hype lems were religiously knowledgeable about how hype and meta game worked and who can forget 5club and flopclub.

Lems after Halo MCC score

Now that Halo MCC is a megaflop lems are playing victim and don't know how any of this flop or meta game stuff works anymore. lems doing more flip flops and 180s than a gymnastics act. 6.0 are "great" now!

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22377 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@blueinheaven said:

LMAO...

@sts106mat said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

@BigBadBully said:

@miiiiv said:

AAAA

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@YD_11 said:

@behardy24 said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

AAAA baby!!!

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Alucard_Prime said:

@funkmaster1233 said:

@FastRobby said:

What don't you understand about the concept of flop cretin? Talking bout low IQ's because of your anger about an overhyped videogame and the silly users who made it so because I called it out? lol, I'd be surprised if you weren't a tiny-bopper.

Why don't you go take a look at the system wars survival guide and educate yourself on what the term "flop" constitutes in this forum as you seem to be completely clueless and ignorant as you spout your emotional non-sense about failing lol.

Suddenly lems can't accept the established SW metagame rule about flops. As recent as DriveClub, a game that wasn't even hyped AA, failed to meet hype lems were religiously knowledgeable about how hype and meta game worked and who can forget 5club and flopclub.

Now that Halo MCC is a megaflop lems are playing victim and don't know how any of this flop or meta game stuff works anymore. lems doing more flip flops and 180s than a gymnastics act. 6.0 are "great" now!

This is the dumbest thing I've read on here in a while... congrats!

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@blueinheaven said:

LMAO...

@sts106mat said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

@BigBadBully said:

@miiiiv said:

AAAA

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@YD_11 said:

@behardy24 said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

AAAA baby!!!

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Alucard_Prime said:

@funkmaster1233 said:

@FastRobby said:

You actually consider Halo MCC a flop because GS scored it down because they couldn't wait for a multiplayer patch and some people expected a higher score? You don't think the amount of copies sold determine if it was a flop or not?

Your stupidity is actually quite staggering.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#150 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

The low scores for MCC are mostly due to the broken online. That seems like something that could be fixed with a few patches.

Maybe Halo is just a mediocre series tbh