MCC FLOPPED, what does xbone have to push the system 1Q 2015?

• 175 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll MCC FLOPPED, what does xbone have to push the system 1Q 2015? (16 votes)

Inferior multiplats FTW? 63%
Clouds and just wait til Halo 5 next chirstmas? 75%

Halo MCC is the biggest flop of the generation so far and regardless on GS's score social media is having a field day with how terrible the launch has been (similar to DriveClub).

No matter what fanboys say, only the biggest Halo fanatic are going out to buy an xbone for the MCC collection in light of how the game has turned out. Other than that, only people who already invested in the system will see the game as a must have.

Moving forward, MCC was MS's last card to play 2014, so now we look into 2015...but I don't see anything there, Do you? MS may care about holiday sales but that isn't going to help for the rest of the year. I have yet to see ANY release dates for any of the high profile xbone games for 2015 and it's less then a month an a half away.

So my question is, now that MS's 4Q holiday 2014 push is done, what will push the system 1Q 2015? What games are fans able to get excited for in the beginning if the upcoming year?

• 
Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#51 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

the flop will have huge repercussions for the bone, from first hand experience i know people who returned the game once the reviews hit. i doubt little timmy will be getting this for christmas, does he really want to be playing a game that scored 6/10? does anyone?

lol, actually....

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/mcc-returned-the-piece-of-crap-game-is-gone/8af6d663-77f1-4363-a733-fa8f677b89b4/posts

i never lie. there is going to be a mass exodus of biblical proportion. no one wants to play a game that scores 6/10

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

It's still 4 AAA games put together, and like Destiny, will sell bunch-loads.

Cows just jelly...

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 StormyJoe

@kinectthedots said:

@lostrib said:

@Wasdie: the waiting game? Well shit, I guess PlayStation lost another exclusive

it's funny considering lemmings BS about waiting for greatness which was supposed to be the AAAA Halo MCC collection. All the talk about no games by lems and it's the lems who have the LEAST games to talk about or hype.

Perhaps that is why lems and people like you who hide behind PC are the first to jump at any news you hear of PS games as there isn't anything on your preferred systems to talk about. This Halo collection is all we hear heard about from lemmings this entire year and it's a huge flop and broken and glitchy game.

PS4 still has LBP3 and Guilty Gear xrd coming out this year. So next year what will lems be playing? lol none of the lems who bashed the PS4 for having "no games" can answer this question now. No games isnt a playstation exclusive since it seems to be getting games on a more consistent basis than bonedry 1

I believe the XB1 has higher rated games than the PS4 at the moment. And, with Halo 5, Fable Legends, a new Gears of War, and games like Quantum Break and Scalebound, I don't think XB1 fans/owners have a lot to worry about.

Sounds to me like you are trying to convince yourself that being a cow was a good call...

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#55  Edited By Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Marketing deals.

So far Sony & MS have made more marketing deals for 3rd party games than they have released 1st party games.

The above stat was pulled from my bum bum.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

Same thing can be asked about the PS4.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18253 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

the flop will have huge repercussions for the bone, from first hand experience i know people who returned the game once the reviews hit. i doubt little timmy will be getting this for christmas, does he really want to be playing a game that scored 6/10? does anyone?

lol, actually....

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/mcc-returned-the-piece-of-crap-game-is-gone/8af6d663-77f1-4363-a733-fa8f677b89b4/posts

LMAO, this is so sad...no, not that thread in the link, but the fact that you are trying to claim some sort of ownage by using another fanboy thread...i guess Cows are getting bored while still waiting for greatness.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

The Re:Review of Halo MCC

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@kinectthedots said:

@lostrib said:

@Wasdie: the waiting game? Well shit, I guess PlayStation lost another exclusive

it's funny considering lemmings BS about waiting for greatness which was supposed to be the AAAA Halo MCC collection. All the talk about no games by lems and it's the lems who have the LEAST games to talk about or hype.

Perhaps that is why lems and people like you who hide behind PC are the first to jump at any news you hear of PS games as there isn't anything on your preferred systems to talk about. This Halo collection is all we hear heard about from lemmings this entire year and it's a huge flop and broken and glitchy game.

PS4 still has LBP3 and Guilty Gear xrd coming out this year. So next year what will lems be playing? lol none of the lems who bashed the PS4 for having "no games" can answer this question now. No games isnt a playstation exclusive since it seems to be getting games on a more consistent basis than bonedry 1

I believe the XB1 has higher rated games than the PS4 at the moment. And, with Halo 5, Fable Legends, a new Gears of War, and games like Quantum Break and Scalebound, I don't think XB1 fans/owners have a lot to worry about.

Sounds to me like you are trying to convince yourself that being a cow was a good call...

So one person talks about the XBone lacking games NOW, so the lem brings up FUTURE games that won't be out for another year (and which only two will likely be worth a shit).

Oh System Wars, you so silly.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@lostrib said:

this thread is bad

now you know thread is good, gj TC

screamride will push those consoles TC, there is no mo juice @MS place i really hope 343I wont F**** halo 5 up the only thing lemming care for next year

dat falo console

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 StormyJoe

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@StormyJoe said:

@kinectthedots said:

@lostrib said:

So one person talks about the XBone lacking games NOW, so the lem brings up FUTURE games that won't be out for another year (and which only two will likely be worth a shit).

I was answering the question "So next year what will lems be playing?"

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#62  Edited By iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

The beginning of next year I will be playing MCC, Forza Horizon 2, and Sunset Overdrive. These games don't magically stop working at the end of the year. That's more than I'm playing on my PS4 this fall. If you can count LBP3 and GG Xrd, I can count FH2 and MCC. I'm having a blast with FH2 and I'll be playing that well into next year.

Next Spring I will be playing Bloodborne and maybe The Order (depending how it turns out, I'm not really hyped for it yet) for the PS4.

Even with MCC being a flop, I'd still put the X1 current lineup over the PS4 current lineup. Next Spring, the PS4 will be catching up to the X1 library, not beating it IMO. Good thing I own both.

PS-I do know people buying both a PS4 and X1 next spring.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

How does a bad score on GS dictate a sales run.

Everyone I know has bought the game or buying a Xbox ONE to play it.

The last time I checked no PS4 game generated that kind of buzz.

My one friend is getting the game! ALL TIME BEST SELLER FOR SURE!

You need some new friends or to go over what I said. I never said it was a "best seller"

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@funsohng said:

I'm pretty sure the MP problems will be fixed by 2015 Q1. And before that, they can go ahead and play through Halo's fanatastic single player campaigns (sans Halo 2).

And whole slew of multiplats are coming out anyway.

So, xboned inferior multiplats in 1Q 2015 FTW?

That will surely push xbone sales and make it the must have gaming system for the coming year!!!

PS3 had an ENTIRE GENERATION OF INFERIOR MULTIPLATS LAST GEN and somehow it didn't stop them from buying multiplat games like maniacs. But somehow this gen it MUST MATTER because it's in favour of POS4.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

It will most probably outsell everything currently on PS4...

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#66 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

MCcFlop

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

Cows just jelly...

Hahahaa!!! THe lemming delusion continues. THe GS review of the Master fail collection really made lemmings even more insecure.

And even more LOLZ if you think Halo will make a difference. PS4 already won.

Oh MS, why won't you put these lemmings out of there misery...

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@StormyJoe said:

He said next year, not the next 2 or 3 years.

cantloginnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70  Edited By cantloginnow
Member since 2013 • 381 Posts

Gamespot scores matter to the Cows now and the real world.The game didn't flop outside the metagame,its got matchmaking issues that will be fixed and I wouldn't be surprised if MS gives the fans something for the inconvenience.

Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

Would be nice if these companies would stop releasing broken games. Nintendo irritates me with how they think but at least their games work. None of this wait for this patch or this patch to fix things.

As for what to buy, they will buy multiplats...the same thing PS4 owners are buying.

Dswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Dswiss
Member since 2005 • 104 Posts

Care to explain how the game FLOPPED TC?

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 KratosYOLOSwag

@Dswiss said:

It got a 6 while it was hyped a 9.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61491 Posts

@Dswiss said:

Didn't meet SW hype. That's the term here.

In sales it'll likely do very well.

opex07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By opex07
Member since 2007 • 2236 Posts

Its not even 2015 yet, but both the PS4 and the xbox one appear to be lacking until the end of next year we have the PS4 releasing bloodborn and the order soon until that time, but the order has been getting mostly negative previews and I don't believe most expect it to be a great game. Bloodborn will hopefully be a great game, but that's just one game that the PS4 will have had in a very long time since infamous ( almost a year ago by the time bloodborn is released). Unlike the PS4 the Xbox one had a handful of notable titles released at the end of 2014 which should sustain people during q1 of next year.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#76 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

Bad thread is bad. MCC is not a flop and a poor review score on GS is not going to make it flop.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 StormyJoe

@Suppaman100 said:

@StormyJoe said:

Cows just jelly...

Hahahaa!!! THe lemming delusion continues. THe GS review of the Master fail collection really made lemmings even more insecure.

1. Halo 1 - AAA
  2. Halo 2 - AAA
  3. Halo 3 - AAA
  4. Halo 4 - AAA

Halo: MCC = Halo1 + Halo 2 + Halo 3 + Halo 4.

Exactly whatam I delusional about?

Oh, and claiming which console "won" when we haven't even hit 1 year ISdelusional...

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 KratosYOLOSwag

@StormyJoe said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@StormyJoe said:

Cows just jelly...

1. Halo 1 - AAA
  2. Halo 2 - AAA
  3. Halo 3 - AAA
  4. Halo 4 - AAA

Oh, and claiming which console "won" when we haven't even hit 1 year ISdelusional...

Standards change, we're in 2014 now. Halo is now a 6 franchise. Get with the times.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#79  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Won't mean it won't outsell everything on PS4

No.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#80 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@kuu2 said:

GSpot score=/=Poor sales.

Come on TC at least try to troll well.

But when a PS4 game flops you act like it is.....

See your logic starting to turn on itself you old man :P

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By StormyJoe

@kratosyoloswag said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@StormyJoe said:

Cows just jelly...

1. Halo 1 - AAA
  2. Halo 2 - AAA
  3. Halo 3 - AAA
  4. Halo 4 - AAA

Standards change, we're in 2014 now. Halo is now a 6 franchise. Get with the times.

That's just an asinine comment.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@Kjranu said:

Bad thread is bad. MCC is not a flop and a poor review score on GS is not going to make it flop.

It's not just a flop, it's a mega flop.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@Kjranu said:

It was hyped higher, it is indeed a flopsterpiece.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@Wasdie said:

A poor score doesn't mean squat for MCC. People are and will continue to buy it. This isn't some new IP that has to prove itself. It's Halo repackaged. The launch has been rocky but once they get that sorted out all will be well.

Pretty sure people who wanted MCC are going to get it. I even bought an Xbox One just for it. Even with the problems I'm not upset. I know they'll fix it, it's just a waiting game.

Bingo. Making mountains out of mole hills is silly.

Well that's exactly what Chris Watters did he made a mountain out of a mole hill. I could see a 7 given that Halo is predominantly a multi-player game but a 6? What a shame, all for something that will be fixed in a few days time.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@slim70 said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@Wasdie said:

A poor score doesn't mean squat for MCC. People are and will continue to buy it. This isn't some new IP that has to prove itself. It's Halo repackaged. The launch has been rocky but once they get that sorted out all will be well.

Pretty sure people who wanted MCC are going to get it. I even bought an Xbox One just for it. Even with the problems I'm not upset. I know they'll fix it, it's just a waiting game.

Well that's exactly what Chris Watters did he made a mountain out of a mole hill. I could see a 7 given that Halo is predominantly a multi-player game but a 6? What a shame all for something that will be fixed in a few days time.

So more than a week after release? He gave the game a few days. The review says he spent 3 days trying to get into online matches

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

BLOG this crap poll !

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

@lostrib said:

@slim70 said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@Wasdie said:

Well that's exactly what Chris Watters did he made a mountain out of a mole hill. I could see a 7 given that Halo is predominantly a multi-player game but a 6? What a shame all for something that will be fixed in a few days time.

So more than a week after release? He gave the game a few days. The review says he spent 3 days trying to get into online matches

Ok so he never once got into an online match? To my understanding the issue here is that matchmaking is slow; it works, but is slow. Didn't TLoU have the same issue with it's multiplayer? I'm not saying that it doesn't deserve a low score I'm saying that a 6 is overkill, especially with everything else that the game offers as well as everything that it did right. A 7 would have been fair everything considered.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

This game will get fixed soon but you still have nothing but sales.............Hahahahahahahahaha

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@kinectthedots said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

lol, actually....

i never lie. there is going to be a mass exodus of biblical proportion. no one wants to play a game that scores 6/10

Everybody uses Metacritic and last time I checked it was at 89%.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts
@StormyJoe said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@StormyJoe said:

You were? seems you didn't really answer anything, I asked "what does the xbone have to push the system 1Q 2015"

StormyJoe said: "Halo 5, Fable Legends, a new Gears of War, and games like Quantum Break and Scalebound,"

So those are the games you are suggesting will push xbone sales 1Q 2015?

Cool, so what are the release dates for those 1Q games?????

lol, since you are saying you are "answering the question" I am sure you gave me games with confirmed release dates in 1Q and aren't just rambling off a list of games said to release *sometime* in 2015 out of damage control

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

Lol we're still doing this Cows? The whole "pretend we believe MCC is actually a bad game, and the 'flop' wasnt a technicality"?

Moooooooo.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By kinectthedots

@xhawk27 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@kinectthedots said:

lol, actually....

Everybody uses Metacritic and last time I checked it was at 89%.

87% and falling

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/halo-the-master-chief-collection

Lemmings hyped this shit AAA+ so even by MC standards it flopped. lems are funny trying to run to metacritic to save face when the maneuver doesn't work based on the hype these clowns were spewing out.

Lems said guaranteed AAA. No matter if it's GS or MC the Halo MCC is a huge flop and lems are full of nothing but excuses and failed damage control. There is no where for lems to run with excuses for Halo MCC flopping, it's overhyped 2014 library or it's lack of games to push the system the first half of 2015

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 lundy86_4

@kinectthedots said:

Lems said guaranteed AAA.

You realize that polls are open to everybody, right? Lems are not a hive mind, and many Lemmings may have disagreed. I expect you to put forth indisputable proof, or just stop talking. The choice is yours.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#95  Edited By sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Fishing hard, I'll bite.

Same thing could had been said about TLOU, "TLOU flopped, what is going to push Ps4 sales now" oh yeah it doesnt need games to sell a tonne, just rabid idiots spreading the great gospil of Kaz's dick.

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

Fail

@freedomfreak said:

Same as the Ps4 ever since Driveclub released, multiplats.

I konw lemmings are used to being uniformed and ignorant numskulls but you are on a game site for goodness sakes, you could at least try to act like you have a clue about something before you speak.

Sorry but unlike your xbone, PS4 actually has more than one high profile, current gen, new IP game with solid release dates set within the first 3 months of the new year.

Try again.

And, unlike the PS4, the Xbox One has games that are actually worth playing right now.

I'll take that over "next year".

Once the networking bugs are fixed on the MCC, it'll be more appealing to me than the entire PS4 catalog combined.

Try again.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 kinectthedots

@lundy86_4 said:

@kinectthedots said:

You realize that polls are open to everybody, right? Lems are not a hive mind, and many Lemmings may have disagreed. I expect you to put forth indisputable proof, or just stop talking. The choice is yours.

This very thread is my proof.

don't make your self sound desperate and ignorant when the evidence is in the very thread you are posting in. Just because the lems damage control and backtracking started to pour down like rain after the review came in doesn't mean all the previous posts don't count.

Up til around page 10 or 11 it was all overhype. I suggest you go back to the beginning of this thread and see where my comments came from and stop this amnesia act of yours.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 lundy86_4

@kinectthedots said:

This very thread is my proof.

don't make your self sound desperate and ignorant when the evidence is in the very thread you are posting in. Just because the lems damage control and backtracking started to pour down like rain after the review came in doesn't mean all the previous posts don't count.

Up til around page 10 or 11 it was all overhype. I suggest you go back to the beginning of this thread and see where my comments came from and stop this amnesia act of yours.

Lemmings is an all-encompassing term. Furthermore, your thread does not prove who are Lemmings.

Again, provide proof, or ride a dick.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@bldgirsh: Super Smash Bros is the obvious choice more and more each day!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

@kinectthedots said:

HYPE threads have always been this way. Not sure how to get real HYPE results.