???Manly Sniper Lounge v73®???. Edition EX2+ Turbo. ??? Hyper Posting.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1101 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Almost done with Watch Dogs and Dishonored 2. What should I play next? I got half the gears 4 campaign, Recore, Hyper Light Drifter, Evil Within or Hitman?

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1102 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

Long time no see.

What's up scrubs? Ya'll been taking care of my subforum or what?

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1103 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

@mems_1224: I'd say jump into Evil Within

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1104 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23920 Posts

@Dreams-Visions said:

Long time no see.

Indeed.

We have been polluting it with shitposts, logical fallacies, ad hominem attacks and unfunny memes.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1105 Dreams-Visions

@Maroxad said:
@Dreams-Visions said:

Long time no see.

Indeed.

We have been polluting it with shitposts, logical fallacies, ad hominem attacks and unfunny memes.

Everything is in order, then. I shall take my leave.

*flies off*

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#1106 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@Dreams-Visions said:

Long time no see.

Your Wolverines cost me money fam.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#1107 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Dreams, more like nightmares.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1108 Dreams-Visions

@jg4xchamp said:
@Dreams-Visions said:

Long time no see.

Your Wolverines cost me money fam.

I'm sorry about that fam. That offense was embarrassing. Defense didn't deserve to lose, but the offense didn't deserve to win.

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Excuse me, nurse!

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#1109 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@Dreams-Visions said:

I'm sorry about that fam. That offense was embarrassing. Defense didn't deserve to lose, but the offense didn't deserve to win.

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Excuse me, nurse!

What brings the old dreams to the deep-dark-foul abyss such as SystemWars?

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1110  Edited By Dreams-Visions

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@Dreams-Visions said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Excuse me, nurse!

I actually have no idea. lol. Just thought I'd check in and see how many old heads and GUFU remain.

edit: people still being called Cows and Lemmings. Good, good. Late the hate flow through you, my children...

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#1111 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@Dreams-Visions said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@Dreams-Visions said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Excuse me, nurse!

I actually have no idea. lol. Just thought I'd check in and see how many old heads and GUFU remain.

edit: people still being called Cows and Lemmings. Good, good. Late the hate flow through you, my children...

Cows have flip flop since the PS4 is winning sales. Remember when they stated that sales don't matter?

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1112 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9730 Posts
@davillain- said:

Hold up, did Beardmad actually quit Gamespot?! He deleted his account but I never hear him complaining about Gamespot here that would get him to delete his account!

This is all that is left of his account.

http://www.gamespot.com/profile/deactivated-583c85dc33d18/

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1113 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

I wonder why beardmad left?

Huh. That's actually a bit sad. I liked him.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1114 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58996 Posts

The first episode Rillington Place was very creepy by only suggesting murders, if it was an American program that probably wouldn't be the case. Between that, The Missing and The Fall BBC seems to have a real knack when it comes to phyco killer programs. Although The Fall kinda fell apart, should have been a mini-series really, Jamie Dornan giving his psychological mumbo jumbo and Gillian Anderson playing the ice queen is getting pretty old.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1115 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

What the shit Beardmad?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1116 jg4xchamp

Chrono Trigger beaten. That was pretty good. I don't know about its place with some of the greatest games ever made, and maybe laughing it up with Conan in the Chrono Trigger vs Witcher 3 thread was a bit much lol, but it's really fucking legit.

The pacing is mostly good, there are a few dungeons that I don't care for. The battle system can inherently be really easy to take advantage of, but it stays fairly engaging all the way through. And the better bosses have you using your more situational stuff and hey look a game where I'll actually use the items. Even though again you make more than enough money to completely wreck shit because you can have a shit load of items. Oh and the game has a new game plus, to the tune that it coined the term, and it has your parties members leveling up in storage, and it has your party members following you on the screen. All in 1995.

The story while not "good" in a you know, real use of that word sense, is still endearing in that Nintendo/90s saturday morning cartoons. Because jrpgs easier to accept when they were like Chrono Trigger, and actually aimed at kids. The silly stuff comes off more charming, and not eye roll inducing the way say modern square games are. Where they are still juvenile, except they are being that juvenile while taking themselves way too seriously and aiming at an older audience. But pointing out that jrpgs on balance are shoenen animes, and not Miyazaki flicks is another conversation point for another day. All in all I had a good time, with a jrpg no less. It's almost like that genre can be fun, when Japan cuts it the **** out and plays to the strengths of the game, and not the weaknesses (the animu plot)

Now on to clearly the most exciting game to play after a good game like Chrono Trigger, the mighty Doom 3.....**** me

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1117 ConanTheStoner

@jg4xchamp:

lol why Doom 3?

But yeah man, I meant to mention that about the NG+ system the other day when you were talking things Chrono did right way back when. I remember thinking that was amazing and I liked how you could beat the game at some unlikely points in the story for different endings.

I don't know about its place with some of the greatest games ever made, and maybe laughing it up with Conan in the Chrono Trigger vs Witcher 3 thread was a bit much lol, but it's really fucking legit.

Yeah, the praise for the game is overblown of course. Just a damn good game that was amazing at the time and is arguably the best thing that came out of the jrpg genre. I'll always be a sucker for it because good game + massive nostalgia, but it's really not even the best game on its system lol.

I'd still rather replay CT than play TW3 though.

I really just need to replay it anyways, it's been a while.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1118 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3028 Posts

My gf bought me Infinite Warfare for my bday. I think she bought it for herself though. She loves it but I'm not a big cod fan.

I'll probably stick to zombie mode.

Also got a few Gundam models. Been trying to get into them lately (new hobbies are good). My airbrush kit should be here this week.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1119  Edited By jg4xchamp
@ConanTheStoner said:

@jg4xchamp:

lol why Doom 3?

Because I replayed 1 and 2 this year, and my OCD demands that I do all of them. Which after all, me having completed a 4 course Doom run, would make me only leading mind in Domology, ya feel?

I regret my behavior already, the gunplay is so shit in Doom 3. How...alright I can accept that the pistol and machine gun are shitty feeling, even though the pistol always sounded rad in Doom 1 and 2. But why is the shotgun so shit? What the ****? The ID Shotgun of all things is supposed to be universal, even the guns in Rage feel fun and satisfying to shoot (it's the rest of that game that is doo-doo butter).

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#1120 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24926 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:
@ConanTheStoner said:

@jg4xchamp:

lol why Doom 3?

Because I replayed 1 and 2 this year, and my OCD demands that I do all of them. Which after all, me having completed a 4 course Doom run, would make me only leading mind in Domology, ya feel?

I regret my behavior already, the gunplay is so shit in Doom 3. How...alright I can accept that the pistol and machine gun are shitty feeling, even though the pistol always sounded rad in Doom 1 and 2. But why is the shotgun so shit? What the ****? The ID Shotgun of all things is supposed to be universal, even the guns in Rage feel fun and satisfying to shoot (it's the rest of that game that is doo-doo butter).

They heavily improved in Doom 4. it has best gunplay since FEAR.

but come on champ, Doom 3 was excellent. it was dark and full of suspense.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1121 jg4xchamp

Capcom Vancouver has been known as the Dead Rising studio. It was handed the franchise following the success of the first game - which was made by Capcom's Japanese team. That game became a hit in the West for its weird, campy-style, which was something the development team wasn't actually aiming for. So it decided it would be best to let a Western studio handle the series from then on in.

Only Capcom can dumb luck their way into something awesome and successful and come away going "We need to ruin this immediately". Fucking goons.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1122 mems_1224

@jg4xchamp said:

Capcom Vancouver has been known as the Dead Rising studio. It was handed the franchise following the success of the first game - which was made by Capcom's Japanese team. That game became a hit in the West for its weird, campy-style, which was something the development team wasn't actually aiming for. So it decided it would be best to let a Western studio handle the series from then on in.

Only Capcom can dumb luck their way into something awesome and successful and come away going "We need to ruin this immediately". Fucking goons.

how? each dead rising game has been better than the last. the first two sucked

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1123 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56131 Posts

Finally the official release date!

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1124 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts
@jg4xchamp said:

Would say it was better off in Vancouver's hands than Japan's. Despite not playing DR3, I highly doubt the drop from DR1 -> DR2&3 was anywhere near as bad as RE4 -> RE5 & the putrid 6.

That said, DR4's not inspiring hope in me. <.<

@davillain- said:

Finally the official release date!

[image]

February? That's an odd time. Also, I'm not getting any buzz from my newsfeed which, unless I missed the announcement from them, is odd. And why is that in English?

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1125 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9730 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@ConanTheStoner said:

@jg4xchamp:

lol why Doom 3?

They heavily improved in Doom 4. it has best gunplay since FEAR.

but come on champ, Doom 3 was excellent. it was dark and full of suspense.

Keep in mind that Doom 64 exists.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1126  Edited By Maroxad

So appearantly one of my old teachers got acquainted with a family member of a world leader. Showed this person her favorite works from her students. And as it happened, that included several of my works. Needless to say, this person took quite the interest in me, and asked her for more of my creative works. I gave my teacher permission to, as far as I am concerned, all those are public domain. But I must say I am surprised,

My over decade old poetry and art still remains

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1127 jg4xchamp

@Technoweirdo said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Would say it was better off in Vancouver's hands than Japan's. Despite not playing DR3, I highly doubt the drop from DR1 -> DR2&3 was anywhere near as bad as RE4 -> RE5 & the putrid 6.

It's exactly that. The Japanese team made a much better game. 2 is still good, much like 5, but just like 5 it misses all the little shit that made the previous game special. 3 isn't fucking Dead Rising, it's when they decided to drop the time limit and structure of those games. You know take away the stuff that is actually unique about the game, because that works. It appeals to people like mems, that's how you know the game is shit.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1128 mems_1224
@jg4xchamp said:
@Technoweirdo said:
@jg4xchamp said:

It's exactly that. The Japanese team made a much better game. 2 is still good, much like 5, but just like 5 it misses all the little shit that made the previous game special. 3 isn't fucking Dead Rising, it's when they decided to drop the time limit and structure of those games. You know take away the stuff that is actually unique about the game, because that works. It appeals to people like mems, that's how you know the game is shit.

The time limit was the worst part of those games.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1129 ConanTheStoner

@jg4xchamp:

Yeah, there's a mod or two out there that give the weapons some oomph among other things, but... meh. I just can't do it man, I tried going back to it after Doom 4 and just wasn't feeling it.

Fair warning if you haven't gotten into it already, Doom 4 also has a puss pistol lol. They make sure you don't want to use that shit ever again after you pick up the shotty.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1130 mmmwksil

I'm holding onto a gift from a good friend of mine. Despite instructions to open it and enjoy, I have yet to do so.

Probably because I'm almost certain the gift is a copy of Pokemon.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1131 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41536 Posts

Been playing the first Unreal for the first time. What's the best one?

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#1132 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

The story while not "good" in a you know, real use of that word sense, is still endearing in that Nintendo/90s saturday morning cartoons. Because jrpgs easier to accept when they were like Chrono Trigger, and actually aimed at kids. The silly stuff comes off more charming, and not eye roll inducing the way say modern square games are. Where they are still juvenile, except they are being that juvenile while taking themselves way too seriously and aiming at an older audience. But pointing out that jrpgs on balance are shoenen animes, and not Miyazaki flicks is another conversation point for another day. All in all I had a good time, with a jrpg no less. It's almost like that genre can be fun, when Japan cuts it the **** out and plays to the strengths of the game, and not the weaknesses (the animu plot)

Relevant

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1133  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58996 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

Ignoring Tournament, you're playing it.

The sequel removes expansive levels, emotive music and a general alien feeling for generic scripted sci-fi shooter.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1134 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

Got FF XV yesterday. Played for like 1-2 hours or so...

Not feeling it as of yet. Hopefully it doesn't bore me going through it. Was expecting it to catch quickly at the beginning.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1135 mems_1224

Trevor Noah is my hero

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1136 jg4xchamp

http://thesto.mp/post/153832783167/there-is-no-such-thing-as-a-cinematic-video-game

It's a bit too obnoxious with how long it is (it's pretty bad, when I'm complaining someone wrote too much), and I would argue some of the complaints are not very good. The Half Life 2 and Titanfall 2 example for instance are pretty poor, because to me those are more execution complaints than concept complaints. And while I have a similar problem to Gone Home, I don't have the issue with the concept he does, again mine is execution.

But it's aight, for a doc read. Mother fucker has bad taste in games though. Like mems tier.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1137 jg4xchamp
@illmatic87 said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Relevant

I got really excited about this being real, as it would more than confirm my stance that Miyazaki/Ghibli flicks are not anime, because good things can't be anime. And then proceeded to troll ben with it, he said that's not real, and it's a fairly old meme/pic. How dare you do this to me illmatic?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1138 DaVillain  Moderator

How is Anime a mistake again?

@Technoweirdo said:

February? That's an odd time. Also, I'm not getting any buzz from my newsfeed which, unless I missed the announcement from them, is odd. And why is that in English?

I got this info. from Google+ Anime community and the person who posted that pic also mention it's still unofficial though so take this with a grind of salt and yeah, I'm still seeing it for April 2017 but ether way, AoT season 2 is still getting the early release 2017.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1139 ConanTheStoner
@davillain- said:

How is Anime a mistake again?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1140 DaVillain  Moderator

@ConanTheStoner: "The term "Otaku" has a rather negative connotation in Japan and is used more to classify fans who obsess over something (this need not be anime)." The word 'fan' is short for 'fanatic', so that's also a word with a negative connotation.

Hayao Miyazaki case however, The Anime industry is suffering because it's becoming Hollywood, as in, there's no will to invest or risk anymore. Producers want to invest in what's sure to bring back money, and that sadly means the same old formula almost all the time, with the same kind of characters and protagonists and humour, with fanservice taking over things like plot, character design and even animation, sometimes. The Otakus are not on the inside, the Otakus are on the outside. On the inside there are people who want easy money.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1141 mems_1224

GOD DAMMIT JAPAN STOP SENDING ME FUCKING ABRAS AND DONALD TRUMPMONS

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#1142 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

Chrono Trigger beaten. That was pretty good. I don't know about its place with some of the greatest games ever made,

It's not in my personal list of GOATs, but i can definitely recognize Chrono Trigger as a true classic video game. As in, eternally playable. Simple enough to learn, content rich enough to enjoy for a respectable length of time and visually appealing enough through passionately designed pixel art.

@nintendoboy16 said:

That's the only good one.

Now if you're talking about the Unreal Tournament series, both Unreal Tournament GOTY and Unreal Tournament 2k4 are fantastic games. It's been years, but i think there are still a few hundred playing UT GOTY. 2k4 is unfortunately dead online. Both of them are a blast to play with bots.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1143 mmmwksil

I was right. It was Pokemon. I gave my friend a huge thank you for the gift, of course.

But I suppose now I have something to play from now to January when I get DQ8.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1144  Edited By Maroxad

Managed to do some pretty good deals, I love me some good bargain hunting.

On a side note, I just cant stomach Dragon Quest 3 anymore. At least I get to write off DQ11 now. No hype for that anymore. Unless they make RADICAL changes to the formula and mechanics. Easily the worst game I played this year.

Edit: Speaking of which. Has anyone here programmed StarCraft Bots? It is actually pretty interesting.

@mmmwksil said:

I was right. It was Pokemon. I gave my friend a huge thank you for the gift, of course.

But I suppose now I have something to play from now to January when I get DQ8.

If nothing else.

It will only make you appreciate DQ8 more once it arrives.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1145 mmmwksil

@Maroxad:

That is a very good point.

Of course, just because I have little desire to play Pokemon doesn't mean I'm going to be overly negative towards it. I'll try and have fun and all that. I've only ever twice gone into a game intent on hating it: Xenosaga (which was awful), and Xenoblade (which defied odds and became one of my Top 5 favorite games of all time).

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1146 illmatic87

@mems_1224 said:

GOD DAMMIT JAPAN STOP SENDING ME FUCKING ABRAS AND DONALD TRUMPMONS

You do realise there's a Global Mission going on in-game where there's a goal to catch 100,000,000 Pokemon? (This is prob gonna fail because you have to sign up to the Global Link for the Game Sync function to participate) Guess what low level Pokemon has the highest catch rate? and where all of these Pokemon are going?

RIP Wonder Trade. 18th November 2016-30th November 2016.

-

I never really cared for filling up my Pokedex, but we're like having this Pokedex race at work because almost everyone here pretty much has the game and we're all getting competitive about it. I'm not exactly sure why, but the people that are quite far ahead with their Pokedex are the goddamn Asian girls lol.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1147 mmmwksil

I want a fire Vulpix. And since they aren't native, I'll have to wait until they allow bringing Pokemon from older games.

So... looks like I'll be putting Pokemon away until then.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1148 illmatic87
@jg4xchamp said:

I got really excited about this being real, as it would more than confirm my stance that Miyazaki/Ghibli flicks are not anime, because good things can't be anime. And then proceeded to troll ben with it, he said that's not real, and it's a fairly old meme/pic. How dare you do this to me illmatic?

Was all part of the plan.

c]:[

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1149 ConanTheStoner

Was scrolling down the FB feed and saw one of my old high school bros post this.

The irony is too strong.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#1150 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts
Loading Video...