???Manly Sniper Lounge v73®???. Edition EX2+ Turbo. ??? Hyper Posting.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1152 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@the_master_race said:
Loading Video...

Fucking excellent.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1153 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23883 Posts

@mmmwksil said:

@Maroxad:

That is a very good point.

Of course, just because I have little desire to play Pokemon doesn't mean I'm going to be overly negative towards it. I'll try and have fun and all that. I've only ever twice gone into a game intent on hating it: Xenosaga (which was awful), and Xenoblade (which defied odds and became one of my Top 5 favorite games of all time).

Xenosaga does not exist.

It was just a widespread hallucination :P

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#1154 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Battlefield 1's campaign isn't particularly good, but it's like closer to being what Battlefield could be as a single player game. The change in setting helps the game a lot in atmosphere (plus Dice's absurd production value), and the different stories seem more like a genuine effort as opposed to phone in shit.

Problem
-There is no over arching story. So it feels like a music album with a bunch of really good singles, but isn't thematically consistent or arranged the way it should be.
-The actual gameplay still can be more or less what we've been doing since WW2 shooters were a thing
-Some of these sequences just fucking drag long after the sequence/gameplay gimmick stopped being fun

To their credit they actually tried to mix it up, but it's still fundamentally mediocre.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#1155  Edited By illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

lol. Dis fucking soundtrack.

Loading Video...

Them sweet sweet vintage analog synths :0

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1156  Edited By jg4xchamp

>gone into a game
>intend on hating it

Why?

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1157  Edited By illmatic87

@jg4xchamp said:

>gone into a game

>intend on hating it

Why?

To convince oneself of some preconcieved opinion that someone has on a game or developer and legitimatize their opinion that they 'played it'. All for some gaming forum metagame.

It's a trend I noticed last year in particular. Where people probably should have never gotten Fallout 4 in the first place and would have been better buying something else in a good year of games that they would have actually enjoyed.

My post count is a Palindrome.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1158 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts
@jg4xchamp said:

>gone into a game

>intend on hating it

Why?

Well, I'll explain.

I knew from the start Xenosaga wouldn't be for me. However, that same friend who just gifted me Pokemon pushed for me to play it. She'd played the game when she was much younger, and had fond memories of it. So I obliged her, and what resulted was a terrible game that I immediately cheated with an Action Replay to cut through the actual game and get to the story bits. I then went on to riff every single scene in that game, resulting in an overall good time with her. I would never ever touch another Xenosaga game, however. That was a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

Xenoblade Chronicles on the other hand was a mixture of hesitation and intent to hate. I purchased the game on the Wii at launch to support its localization, back when the widespread belief was that Project Rainfall succeeded in bringing the game and two others westward. I had just come from the aforementioned Xenosaga, as well as 20 hours of Xenogears which turned out to be a colossal waste of my time. I was certain Xenoblade would follow in the footsteps of its two spiritual predecessors.

Thankfully, I was wrong. Xenoblade turned out to be a stellar experience, possibly enhanced by my desire to hate it from the outset.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#1159 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

@Maroxad said:

On a side note, I just cant stomach Dragon Quest 3 anymore. At least I get to write off DQ11 now. No hype for that anymore. Unless they make RADICAL changes to the formula and mechanics. Easily the worst game I played this year.

I hope that's not the only Dragon Quest game you've played.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1160  Edited By Lucianu

@mmmwksil said:
@jg4xchamp said:

>gone into a game

>intend on hating it

Why?

Well, I'll explain.

I knew from the start Xenosaga wouldn't be for me. However, that same friend who just gifted me Pokemon pushed for me to play it. She'd played the game when she was much younger, and had fond memories of it. So I obliged her, and what resulted was a terrible game that I immediately cheated with an Action Replay to cut through the actual game and get to the story bits. I then went on to riff every single scene in that game, resulting in an overall good time with her. I would never ever touch another Xenosaga game, however. That was a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

Xenoblade Chronicles on the other hand was a mixture of hesitation and intent to hate. I purchased the game on the Wii at launch to support its localization, back when the widespread belief was that Project Rainfall succeeded in bringing the game and two others westward. I had just come from the aforementioned Xenosaga, as well as 20 hours of Xenogears which turned out to be a colossal waste of my time. I was certain Xenoblade would follow in the footsteps of its two spiritual predecessors.

Thankfully, I was wrong. Xenoblade turned out to be a stellar experience, possibly enhanced by my desire to hate it from the outset.

I'd recommend watching Xenosaga Episode I & II (they're on Youtube) and jumping straight to Xenosaga Episode III. While i couldn't stomach the first game, and the second game sucks ass, i was intrigued enough to spend time checking the plot out. All worth it, because Xenosaga Episode III is one of the best JRPGs ever made; saying that they fixed everything that was wrong in the previous entries is an understatement, they went all out and the jump in quality is mind boggling.

I've got this thing going for Xenogears where i love it to death, but i'd never replay it because of the God awful random encounter rate and the dungeon close to the end which is abysmally convoluted.

Xenoblade Chronicles is hands down in my top 10 GOAT list. Hell, i checked the game out on Dolphin with the HD texture pack with no intention of getting serious, and i ended up replaying the entire thing from start to finish on Dolphin. The art direction is extraordinary, looks gorgeous in high resolution with the texture pack. That was wen i immediately packed my Wii in a box.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1161 mmmwksil

@Lucianu:

While I appreciate your opinion a lot, I will never, EVER touch another Xenosaga game in my life. Same goes for Xenogears.

I have played Xenoblade already 3.5 times across Wii and N3DS. I will likely play it one more time in the coming years being on my favorites list.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1162  Edited By Maroxad

@Lucianu said:
@Maroxad said:

On a side note, I just cant stomach Dragon Quest 3 anymore. At least I get to write off DQ11 now. No hype for that anymore. Unless they make RADICAL changes to the formula and mechanics. Easily the worst game I played this year.

I hope that's not the only Dragon Quest game you've played.

Nope, played a few. Mostly got 3 because it had full party creation, which means not only can you create your protagonist, but party members too. I am sucker for things like that.

In the Etrian Oddysey remakes for instance, I had absolutely no interest in the story modes. I want to run a whole damn guild of goddammit. Not a 5 man party. And while I am at it. I also want to create every single member of that organization, or party. I find my self significantly more attached that way too.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1163 jg4xchamp

>only dragon quest game
>like they are all that different

Fam. Pls.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1164 jg4xchamp

Rephrase

>Dragon Quest games
>Good

Fam. Pls.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1165 mmmwksil

I like Dragon Quest... quite a lot, too... :(

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#1166 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts

@illmatic87 said:

What do you think of these soundtracks?

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1167 illmatic87

Furi. Cleared 3 bosses so far. I dig it.

Though it's disappointing that your standard sword swings doesnt have the feel, lethality or impact that you'd expect from a game of its tone and premise; well that applies to any game with melee combat for that matter. It's the same for the games' standard projectiles. It's the first thing I noticed.

Hooray, not one boss where it's to avoid the big attack and hit the glowy bits. You can do that of course, minus the glowy bits, but you can go HAM on pressuring the bosses if you want. It's fun to do so as the 2 of the 3 bosses ive fought against are so good at kiting you and evading your attacks, but you're just as good at closing a gap to compensate. You can even go for this satisfying charged up dash attack if you can find the opening and confidence to do so.

The parry window seems super thin in this game. It's thin to the point where I dont feel the risk/reward is all that worth it yet as dodging an attack preemptively to create space, then firing enough bullets you have the time for and then land your attack chain seems to do the same amount of damage. I guess parrying just looks cooler and makes you feel Japanese.

The bosses have about 7 phases. The last phase feels like some encore or finale that doesnt seem difficult than the the previous phases. It's just that im not sure if the boss fights flow all that well, it's sometimes the long phases like having to break some line or wait for it to come out of hiding. but more because in between phases, there's this sort of little duel that acts somewhat like a transitioning 'burn phase' that you'd find in some MMO boss raid. While it works in that format, it doesnt seem to fit well in here as you're locked in a circle, have a few tools taken away from you and it just turns into a stationary encounter with the only means to progress is wait for it to attack. Mess up here and you have to do the preceding phase all over again.

It's at the right challenge. But it's fair. You begin to develop a rhythm with each boss, which is great as you learn what they're going to do according to your defensive, offensive, ranged or charge-up heavy playstyle habits. The only real offending thing that stuck out is that the 2nd boss has multiple ranged attacks that are appropriately colour coded in their telemetry to know what's coming and they'd sometimes exploit the camera by telegrahing shit behind some pillar or wall.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1168 ConanTheStoner  Online

@GameboyTroy:

Very cool. You wouldn't happen to have more videos would you?

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1169 illmatic87

@GameboyTroy said:
@illmatic87 said:

What do you think of these soundtracks?

uhh I like it? I took a peek at the soundtrack on Spotify and liked what I heard from it.

It's just how they packaged it within the OST sounds better than how it's presented in-game. They've segmented and looped up parts of hooks, refrains and progressive bridges within some long drawn out and odd boss phasing (see above in how I criticize the flow of the boss fights). It's a weird problem that takes away the tight and refined progression that the packaged OST has. Although I love when an OST manages to envelope itself around shifting moments in gameplay, it doesn't execute the relationship as well as say Metal Gear Rising even though the music in Furi is significantly better.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1170  Edited By ConanTheStoner  Online

It's amazing how much the top SFV players have improved between Evo and Capcom Cup. Next level shit, these matches are so much more hype.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1171 jg4xchamp

I don't know if I'm gonna like Hyper Light Drifter.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1172 GameboyTroy

@ConanTheStoner said:

@GameboyTroy:

Very cool. You wouldn't happen to have more videos would you?

Okay, here's some more.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1173 A-new-Guardian
Member since 2015 • 2458 Posts

@illmatic87: amazing soundtrack and game. It's true the parry deals same damage and if you're going for a speedrun do normal attacks. The parry is a cool show off though.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1174 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@jg4xchamp: lets follow the guide to champ taste and see:

Is it fun? No-champ will love it

Is it fun? Yes-champ will hate it

Is it fun? Yes but you can modify it to play it in the most unfun way possible-champ GOTY

Does it have a really pretentious "message" with no gameplay? Yes-champ will love it.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1175 ConanTheStoner  Online

Kind of amazing that explaining how opinions work is a daily routine on SW.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#1176  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

Kind of amazing that explaining how opinions work is a daily routine on SW.

The stupid comments and statements make it fun actually (especially the replies to them...which you're great at) :D i was thinking about posting on NeoGaf, which is tough to get signed up to begin with, but man there are so many ppl there .... i like it here, you can both inform yourself and have fun ...you wouldn't get to have the latter on NeoGaf lol

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1177 Lucianu

@jg4xchamp said:

Rephrase

>Dragon Quest games

>Good

Fam. Pls.

Ah, you haven't played Dragon Quest V. I see.

If you ever want to play that, i'd recommend the Dragon Quest V remake on the Playstation 2. It's a japanese exclusive, but there's a complete translation patch available.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1178 jg4xchamp
@mems_1224 said:

@jg4xchamp: lets follow the guide to champ taste and see:

Is it fun? No-champ will love it

Is it fun? Yes-champ will hate it

Is it fun? Yes but you can modify it to play it in the most unfun way possible-champ GOTY

Does it have a really pretentious "message" with no gameplay? Yes-champ will love it.

Fun is for ...hold on

*nerdvoice*

Fun is for casuals.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1179 mems_1224

@jg4xchamp: sounds like something a gamer would say. Wait? Are you a low key gamer?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1180 jg4xchamp

@mems_1224 said:

@jg4xchamp: sounds like something a gamer would say. Wait? Are you a low key gamer?

You know it, I'm at the forefront of arguing gaming is a true, adult art form. One with far more potential than film, and as such we must keep down multiplayer only games. It is malpractice that developers of such games are getting away with, and none of those games have a right to exist.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1181 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3017 Posts

"I dont play games while I'm playing games"

- my very angry friend after 6 failed raid attempts in destiny.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#1182 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10583 Posts

Just finished Rise of the Tomb Raider. I bought Legend, Anniversary and Underworld. Couldn't even get to half way through in any of them. Since the 2013 reboot, though, it's been two completions out of two games. It's a bit tough for me to explain why.

Suffice to say, I'm looking forward to the next game very much.

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1183 A-new-Guardian

OMFG NAUGHTY DOG !!!!!!!

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1184  Edited By illmatic87

@a-new-guardian said:

OMFG NAUGHTY DOG !!!!!!!

Announced a new game? But Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls sucked.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1185 GameboyTroy

Here's a tourney

https://twitch.tv/floe

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1186 jg4xchamp

Giantbomb made Windjammers Online happen, what is life?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1187 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41525 Posts

@Lucianu said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

Been playing the first Unreal for the first time. What's the best one?

That's the only good one.

Now if you're talking about the Unreal Tournament series, both Unreal Tournament GOTY and Unreal Tournament 2k4 are fantastic games. It's been years, but i think there are still a few hundred playing UT GOTY. 2k4 is unfortunately dead online. Both of them are a blast to play with bots.

I do like me some bots. Why I still like to bring out TimeSplitters, Nightfire, Jedi Academy (modded to add more playable characters like Mara Jade, Assajj Ventress, Vader, Grievous, and Clone Troopers), World is Not Enough, and Perfect Dark. I'll look into the Tournament series.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1188 jg4xchamp

The Burst is an evil fucking whore.

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1189 A-new-Guardian

I think I lost a few brain cells reading the last of us 2 thread.

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1191 A-new-Guardian

The Ps experience show was great but the audience reaction was cringing lol. Clearly Sony planted some people to get the train going LMAO. The last of us was legit though.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#1192 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@a-new-guardian said:

I think I lost a few brain cells reading the last of us 2 thread.

LMAO

It's great *chuckles*

@a-new-guardian said:

The Ps experience show was great but the audience reaction was cringing lol. Clearly Sony planted some people to get the train going LMAO. The last of us was legit though.

Yeah lol

MistressMinako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1193 MistressMinako
Member since 2008 • 45964 Posts

This board reminds me that I barely play anything anymore. Final Fantasy XV is in my PS4 now and my hype for the game is basically zero. I guess I picked it up because of tradition. My friends told me that it is a good game... guess I better see about it eventually.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1194 ConanTheStoner  Online
@getyeryayasout said:

Mother Russia Bleeds

Doood, didn't even know this was out. Saw your comment and picked it up about a couple of hours ago, pretty good stuff so far.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1195 mems_1224

@jg4xchamp said:

collusion!

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1196 jg4xchamp

@mems_1224 said:
@jg4xchamp said:

collusion!

Right? They are straight up using their boys, and saying bro, go tell your boss we need more windjammers. And somehow someone at Sony is going "damn, lets do it, these kids are really into Windjammers". Fucking Jeff Gertsmann lol

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1197 jg4xchamp

@ConanTheStoner said:
@getyeryayasout said:

Mother Russia Bleeds

Doood, didn't even know this was out. Saw your comment and picked it up about a couple of hours ago, pretty good stuff so far.

You need to say **** that to Mother Russia, and get Furi fam.

This game is our kind of masochist fodder lol. But not while you are on fucking big projects, the fucking Burst and her evil whoreness was not good for my old man wrists and my blood pressure.

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1198  Edited By A-new-Guardian

TLG fucking leaked ?? heading out to buy it now!!!

See you guys in a week. I'll be Checking out the site for the review. My vote is 10 but I think 8 is a safe bet in general. I expect the reviews to be in line with "was it worth the wait"

HYPE 10!!! Yeah mayne I have been waiting for this day since before my balls dropped? I think? LOL Happy gaming.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1199 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50541 Posts

3rd and goal from the 1 and you throw a fade route to our smallest wr...

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1200  Edited By Maroxad

@Lucianu said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Rephrase

>Dragon Quest games

>Good

Fam. Pls.

Ah, you haven't played Dragon Quest V. I see.

If you ever want to play that, i'd recommend the Dragon Quest V remake on the Playstation 2. It's a japanese exclusive, but there's a complete translation patch available.

Couldnt even force myself to beat that one. Killing enemies for a minor chance to recruit them is a really lame mechanic. Any game that does that makes me yearn to go back to demon recruitment or throwing pokeballs. And demon recruitment in SMT4 already pissed me off a lot. I liked it in Nocturne though. I didnt even mind the simulated dialogue in SMT1 and 2, but SMT4 took the worst aspects of both nocturne and the originals and made them mesh terribly.

But that wasnt the only problem I had with the game. Basically, nothing about the game ever surprised me. I never really hit a point in the game where I needed to adapt or change plans. Likewise, there was never any need to predict incoming enemy attacks. The Dragon Quest spells and abilities are as dull as they come. Equipment is nothing more than a hassle... except for weapons, because whips are great for just getting rid of trash encounters that you get every 5 steps.

Didnt help how forgettable the story was up until the point where I quit. Even the part where you were enslaved didnt grip me in the slightest.