Lair got a bad score why?

• 129 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XxICExX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 XxICExX2
Member since 2007 • 66 Posts

If you read this article it kind of sums it up http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-58909.aspx if you want to listen for yourself inside the article is a link to the pod cast it self it starts at about the 41min mark.

To me it sounded likethe guy telling us about the game is trying to find flaws in the game. He doesn't even have a set reason why the game is bad he just stumbles his words and bad mouths it. It really seams that there are a few problems with the game but it really seems that they are XBOTs and they want it to fail and they are just fanBoys!!!!!

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts

Can't you see its a terrible game just by looking at the videos? I mean...it looks god awful.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

The way people talk about this game you'd swear there were 50 reviews out already.

Three. Count 'em. THREE reviews.

Good grief charlie brown.

XxICExX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 XxICExX2

Can't you see its a terrible game just by looking at the videos? I mean...it looks god awful.

JiveT

Sorry I am not a Troll or Fanboy I try not to make judgements on games I have not played.

Sup11722

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sup11722
Member since 2005 • 1757 Posts

Because its so good they had to give it a bad score idk

Reviews arent everything and theres only 3 dont let others think for yourselfs

FusionApex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FusionApex
Member since 2006 • 1151 Posts

JiveT

Videos do not define an entire game.

Euphoric_Rider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Euphoric_Rider
Member since 2005 • 2228 Posts
It's all about gameplay, and the controls seem to be bad...
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

I have been making fun of lair pretty hard after the few reviewers that have played it likeEGM gave it horrible scores but really you can't say anything until the new release date of Sept 4th has passed and it gets reviewed on this site.

Who knows they may be able to fix it.

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
[QUOTE="JiveT"]

XxICExX2

Sorry I am not a Troll or Fanboy I try not to make judgements on games I have not played.

So if you have a negative opinion about a terrible looking game that's getting ripped to shreds by one of the most respected gaming sites on the planet you are a "troll or fanboy". At least have the honesty to admit you are a Sony fanboy because they are the only people still trying to protect this mess of a game.

Mortok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mortok
Member since 2002 • 1971 Posts
[QUOTE="JiveT"]

XxICExX2

Yet your making judgments on a review of a game you have yet to play, where the reviewers have. There is a reason, Factor 5 delayed Rogue Squadr... I mean, Lair.

XxICExX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 XxICExX2

It's all about gameplay, and the controls seem to be bad...Euphoric_Rider

Well if you listen to the Podcast he says the gameplays well...

XxICExX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 XxICExX2
[QUOTE="XxICExX2"][QUOTE="JiveT"]

Mortok

Yet your making judgments on a review of a game you have yet to play, where the reviewers have. There is a reason, Factor 5 delayed Rogue Squadr... I mean, Lair.

Correction I am saying what I think of what he REVIEWED I didnt post anything saying Lair is this or Lair dose that so dont act like I am defending the game. I am just saying that the guy who reviewed the game is out of line.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Riverwolf007

because microsoft probably pays them to say it sucks. im sure its a great game.

with ms games its, everything is a plus, with sony games its, lets see whats a negative

queers

SirNicoli
You guys can't be serious, every other PS3 defence is "teh conspiracy". At this point it's just funny.
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts

If you read this article it kind of sums it up http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-58909.aspx if you want to listen for yourself inside the article is a link to the pod cast it self it starts at about the 41min mark.

To me it sounded likethe guy telling us about the game is trying to find flaws in the game. He doesn't even have a set reason why the game is bad he just stumbles his words and bad mouths it. It really seams that there are a few problems with the game but it really seams that they are XBOTs and they want it to fail and they are fanBoys!!!!!

XxICExX2
I love how cows think it is a conspiracy everytime there is bad news for PS3. So now EGM are a bunch of lemmings and want PS3 to fail. Bad enough to be paranoid but to be paranoid about a game console.
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

That comment about the dragons being X-wings..come on now....what kind of criticism is that? Yeah they fly, what are they supposed to feel like? Horses?

LEGEND_C4A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LEGEND_C4A
Member since 2003 • 3186 Posts

with ms games its, everything is a plus, with sony games its, lets see whats a negative

queers

SirNicoli

you sir are too sensitive!

XxICExX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 XxICExX2
[QUOTE="XxICExX2"]

To me it sounded likethe guy telling us about the game is trying to find flaws in the game. He doesn't even have a set reason why the game is bad he just stumbles his words and bad mouths it. It really seams that there are a few problems with the game but it really seams that they are XBOTs and they want it to fail and they are fanBoys!!!!!

rybe1025

I love how cows think it is a conspiracy everytime there is bad news for PS3. So now EGM are a bunch of lemmings and want PS3 to fail. Bad enough to be paranoid but to be paranoid about a game console.

You quote me but I say nothing of a XBOX conspiracy. I stated what I thought of his review. Plane and simple

TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TyrantDragon55
Member since 2004 • 6851 Posts
Maybe they just didn't like the game.
Xasil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Xasil
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Wait for its release date to draw nearer. All this fuss about it pulling the game back yet here we are, people crying about the small amount of reviews it's already gotten. The fanboys are those that basically tear a game apart simply by looking at games without actually having bought and played it. Sort of hard to do that when it hasen't even been released eh?
istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#21 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

That comment about the dragons being X-wings..come on now....what kind of criticism is that? Yeah they fly, what are they supposed to feel like? Horses?

Bread_or_Decide

Unicorns, duh. get with the program.

maybe lair is really a bad game hence for getting the bad reviews, but we should wait and see until the game comes out to see how it is along with the gs reviews.

alex77k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 alex77k
Member since 2004 • 352 Posts

Aside whether the game is good or bad, the guy who commented on Lair on the podcast was not a professional. Therearewaysto state that the game didnt live up to the expectation, but trashing a game completely with such phrases like "graphics looks like they poured chocolateall over", "modded rogue squadron", etc.... Please.

Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts
[QUOTE="JiveT"]

XxICExX2

Your not a troll or a fanboy but call the people who reviewed the game Xbots.... See the irony... :shock:

XxICExX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 XxICExX2
[QUOTE="XxICExX2"][QUOTE="JiveT"]

Magical_Zebra

Your not a troll or a fanboy but call the people who reviewed the game Xbots.... See the irony... :shock:

So....calling someone a fanboy makes me a fanboy?

WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 WuTangG
Member since 2007 • 2189 Posts
As far as i know, Blue Dragon got crappy reviews so far. Why isnt everyone calling that a train wreck?
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
Yet your making judgments on a review of a game you have yet to play, where the reviewers have. There is a reason, Factor 5 delayed Rogue Squadr... I mean, Lair.Mortok
Dragon Squadron?
Infinatey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Infinatey
Member since 2006 • 1059 Posts
They said because it was too much like rouge leader. Well, Mass Effect sure is like KOTOR, so that should get a bad score too I guess.
killaj2786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 killaj2786
Member since 2006 • 2531 Posts
He said the final boss is a building:|...that's more than enough to tell me this might get 7.0
TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#29 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

Let's see.

According to the site TC gave the link, here is the cons of the game EGM has mentioned.

BAD

- They thought dragons were a re-skinned X-wings (Legit complaints? I guess in a way it is, but is it really wrong for developers to use successful flight game engine for another flight game?)

- The dragons shooting fireball was odd and wasn't realistic enough (Any game with dragons aren't really going for realism..., if they are talking about how fireball looks, I'd say this is meaningless complaints because it looked good enough on videos. If they are talking about the physics of fireball flying.... I'll say, wtf did you expect? Ball of fire shooting out is supposed to be unrealistic. That's like complaining about Ryu's Hadoken should decrease in angle it is projectiled as it moves forward because of gravitational force...)

- The game had no map and someone asked if the graphics were good and he said "its high Def" and he didn't like the color used, everything was brown and grey. (I don't think EGM complained about lack of colors in Gears of War, did they? However no map does hurts.)

- They didn't like the art style and the game lacked innovation. (I think the art style is fine and that is very very subjective opinion so it shouldn't really count as negatives. If you want really bad art style, check Oblivion which I doubt EGM complained about. As for innovation, the use of sixaxis alone should be innovative enough. It's not like Halo 3 is re-inventing FPS)

I really hope this site just did terrible job summarizing the EGM review, or that is really bad review done by EGM.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Riverwolf007
As far as i know, Blue Dragon got crappy reviews so far. Why isnt everyone calling that a train wreck?WuTangG
Because Lair has been hyped as yet another "savior" of the PS3 while most (or at least many) 360 owners could not care less about a J-rpg.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Riverwolf007
They said because it was too much like rouge leader. Well, Mass Effect sure is like KOTOR, so that should get a bad score too I guess. Infinatey
We should be so lucky to have Mass Effect turn out as well as kotor.
XxICExX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 XxICExX2
[QUOTE="WuTangG"]As far as i know, Blue Dragon got crappy reviews so far. Why isnt everyone calling that a train wreck?Riverwolf007
Because Lair has been hyped as yet another "savior" of the PS3 while most (or at least many) 360 owners could not care less about a J-rpg.

Guiltfeeder566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Guiltfeeder566
Member since 2005 • 10068 Posts
Its too bad, i don't even have a PS3 and was having high expectaions for it.
djord02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#34 djord02
Member since 2003 • 1495 Posts

Well I bought the recent EGM, and they said it was dissapointing because

1) The six axis controls are really shotty and you end up doing maneuvers you don't intend to when trying to do something else. Also, the game's designers refused to give players an option to use the analog sticks to control the dragon instead.

2) There is no radar, and it's really hard to tell where you are supposed to go

3) The lock on targeting is awkward

4) The dragonvs. dragon combat is fairly uninteresting and monotonous

5) It's not very satisfying fighting enemies on the ground --it's easier to just do strafe runs and blow fireballs at them.

6) All the enemies explode when you kill them, yes, even other dragons -- which makes absolutely no sense.

Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts

Let's see.

According to the site TC gave the link, here is the cons of the game EGM has mentioned.

BAD

- They thought dragons were a re-skinned X-wings (Legit complaints? I guess in a way it is, but is it really wrong for developers to use successful flight game engine for another flight game?)

- The dragons shooting fireball was odd and wasn't realistic enough (Any game with dragons aren't really going for realism..., if they are talking about how fireball looks, I'd say this is meaningless complaints because it looked good enough on videos. If they are talking about the physics of fireball flying.... I'll say, wtf did you expect? Ball of fire shooting out is supposed to be unrealistic. That's like complaining about Ryu's Hadoken should decrease in angle it is projectiled as it moves forward because of gravitational force...)

- The game had no map and someone asked if the graphics were good and he said "its high Def" and he didn't like the color used, everything was brown and grey. (I don't think EGM complained about lack of colors in Gears of War, did they? However no map does hurts.)

- They didn't like the art style and the game lacked innovation. (I think the art style is fine and that is very very subjective opinion so it shouldn't really count as negatives. If you want really bad art style, check Oblivion which I doubt EGM complained about. As for innovation, the use of sixaxis alone should be innovative enough. It's not like Halo 3 is re-inventing FPS)

I really hope this site just did terrible job summarizing the EGM review, or that is really bad review done by EGM.

TriangleHard

That's a summary of the 1up podcast commentary. 1up =/= EGM. Under the same media umbrella, but not the same thing.

The EGM review complained that the controls didn't work (doing one thing and the game registering it as another) and that the game was muddled and directionless, leaving you wandering around aimlessly wondering what the objective you're supposed to do it and where it is, as opposed to having clear instructions and directions. Those are more substantive complaints than the 1up podcast *****ing points (though the elephant thing is pretty hilarious).

vidiofreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 vidiofreak
Member since 2003 • 427 Posts
Yeah, a few reasons there have been bad reviews is because of the controls.
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Dualshockin
Member since 2006 • 7826 Posts

JiveT
 Lair may not meet expectations,but it looks fantastic.
vidiofreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 vidiofreak
Member since 2003 • 427 Posts
For some reason, all the PS3 fanboys who said Lair would be a Gears of War killer. They are going to complain that gaming magazines and gaming sites are out to get the PS3.. I told the PS3 fanboys many months ago . Its not that I hate the PS3, because I dont, its just that I know Lair wouldnt come close to Gears.
tok1879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tok1879
Member since 2005 • 1537 Posts

i don't understand y ppl r gettin' so heated over this. Leave all ur notions aside and just take a closer look at the game or the idea behind it, It just does not seem that interesting. I'm sure there'll be that minority that think it's a masterpiece as with all other crappy games, but the cows just need to let this one go..........oh yeah just watched videos of heavenly sword on gametrailers, i was startin' to have doubts b4 about it but now i think that game will be siiiiiiiiick!!!

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

queers

SirNicoli

dude! paranoid and angry much? relax man! :) Could it possibly be, and I'm just throwing this out there, that the game isn't that great and everybody isn't in on a big conspiracy against Sony and you?

Velric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 Velric
Member since 2003 • 3842 Posts
Yep, their given reasons for the low score is pretty lame. Disagreeing with the art style and saying it plays similar to another title is no excuse.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#42 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26102 Posts

Bu..bu...bu Factor 5!!!! :cry:

ImagineGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ImagineGamer
Member since 2007 • 644 Posts

To me it sounded likethe guy telling us about the game is trying to find flaws in the game. He doesn't even have a set reason why the game is bad he just stumbles his words and bad mouths it. It really seams that there are a few problems with the game but it really seems that they are XBOTs and they want it to fail and they are just fanBoys!!!!!

XxICExX2

bu-but teh biased :cry:
yeah, keep whining cows

hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hamstergeddon
Member since 2006 • 7188 Posts
EGM complained that it was repeatitive, confusing and controlled horribly.  That is't just EGM, I've seen a number of other reviewers say the exact same thing
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
I guess it got a bad review because it's not a terribly good game? It never looked fun to me. graphics shined at times...but it never looked fun.
DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts
[QUOTE="Magical_Zebra"][QUOTE="XxICExX2"][QUOTE="JiveT"]

XxICExX2

So....calling someone a fanboy makes me a fanboy?

The irony lies in the fact that you were also quick to make judgement.
hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hamstergeddon
Member since 2006 • 7188 Posts

Let's see.

BAD

TriangleHard

-Dragons=/= X-Wings  They should control differently (I should hope)  It seems that it didn't do that

- Really, this is the PS3, not the Wii.  Fire should look next to photo realistic, and it seems the reviewer didn't think it did

-Even I can tell from the video's.  Everything looks like a grey drab color.  And with no map or radar, how the hell are you supposed to tell what you're suppossed to be doing?  And Gears of War is supposed to look post-apoctolyptic, which it is.  Lair, however, is a fantasy game.  It should be radiant and bursting with color, or at least more color than this

-Once again, muddy, washed out colors.  I wouldn't consider that a good artistic ****in anyone's book.  And EGM was complaining that the 6-axis didn't control as well as it should've.   
pridetwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 pridetwo
Member since 2006 • 1226 Posts
i don't see what the fuss is about on the egm review. so egm gave the game a 6 or something. the other two reviews have given lair 9s. just because one review says the game is bad doesnt mean that review is right. Mario Kart 6.4 anyone?
dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts

queers

SirNicoli

:lol: Cows and their conspiracy theories. So cute.

azad_champ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 azad_champ
Member since 2005 • 3482 Posts

Let's see.

BAD

TriangleHard

Lair haters, look at what I'm qouting. Since when did a dragon have to act naturally?! And a X-wing?! How is that a valid rant?