Lair got a bad score why?

• 129 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ProductNumber49
ProductNumber49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 ProductNumber49
Member since 2006 • 3840 Posts
Oh nOes! teh lems are InVADING THE INTERWEBS!!
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
[QUOTE="TriangleHard"]

Let's see.

According to the site TC gave the link, here is the cons of the game EGM has mentioned.

BAD

- They thought dragons were a re-skinned X-wings (Legit complaints? I guess in a way it is, but is it really wrong for developers to use successful flight game engine for another flight game?)

- The dragons shooting fireball was odd and wasn't realistic enough (Any game with dragons aren't really going for realism..., if they are talking about how fireball looks, I'd say this is meaningless complaints because it looked good enough on videos. If they are talking about the physics of fireball flying.... I'll say, wtf did you expect? Ball of fire shooting out is supposed to be unrealistic. That's like complaining about Ryu's Hadoken should decrease in angle it is projectiled as it moves forward because of gravitational force...)

- The game had no map and someone asked if the graphics were good and he said "its high Def" and he didn't like the color used, everything was brown and grey. (I don't think EGM complained about lack of colors in Gears of War, did they? However no map does hurts.)

- They didn't like the art style and the game lacked innovation. (I think the art style is fine and that is very very subjective opinion so it shouldn't really count as negatives. If you want really bad art style, check Oblivion which I doubt EGM complained about. As for innovation, the use of sixaxis alone should be innovative enough. It's not like Halo 3 is re-inventing FPS)

I really hope this site just did terrible job summarizing the EGM review, or that is really bad review done by EGM.azad_champ

Lair haters, look at what I'm qouting. Since when did a dragon have to act naturally?! And a X-wing?! How is that a valid rant?

First off, a large dragon should not control like a nimble space fighter operating in the void of space. It's a suspension-of-disbelief issue.

And second off, say what you want about the validity of that rant, the biggest issue so far has been controls. A game controlling poorly is always a valid issue.

XxICExX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 XxICExX2
Member since 2007 • 66 Posts
[QUOTE="XxICExX2"][QUOTE="Magical_Zebra"][QUOTE="XxICExX2"][QUOTE="JiveT"]

Can't you see its a terrible game just by looking at the videos? I mean...it looks god awful.

DrinkDuff

Sorry I am not a Troll or Fanboy I try not to make judgements on games I have not played.

Your not a troll or a fanboy but call the people who reviewed the game Xbots.... See the irony... :shock:

So....calling someone a fanboy makes me a fanboy?

The irony lies in the fact that you were also quick to make judgement.

How am I quick to judgement when all I am doing is saying what I think of the guy talking about the game?

turaaggeli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 turaaggeli
Member since 2007 • 785 Posts

because microsoft probably pays them to say it sucks. im sure its a great game.

with ms games its, everything is a plus, with sony games its, lets see whats a negative

queers

SirNicoli

That's your excuse for everything......

Nugtoka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Nugtoka
Member since 2003 • 1812 Posts
This game is flopstorm with dragons. cows should stop hyping this game immediately
grimhope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 grimhope
Member since 2003 • 978 Posts
If you actually do research on your games you should have known this game wasnt going to be very good. PS3 fanboys who are desprate for a game, ANY GAME to be AA or better quality aside, the writing was on the wall with this game. And it never look particularly exciting or good.
ImagineGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 ImagineGamer
Member since 2007 • 644 Posts
[QUOTE="DrinkDuff"][QUOTE="XxICExX2"][QUOTE="Magical_Zebra"][QUOTE="XxICExX2"][QUOTE="JiveT"]

Can't you see its a terrible game just by looking at the videos? I mean...it looks god awful.

XxICExX2

Sorry I am not a Troll or FanboyI try not to make judgements on games I have not played.

Your not a troll or a fanboy but call the people who reviewed the game Xbots.... See the irony... :shock:

How am I quick to judgement when all I am doing is saying what I think of the guy talking about the game?

you say you don't judge a game you havent played yet you call EGM reviewers xbots for trashing this game because "it looks amazing"?

ski11buzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 ski11buzz
Member since 2003 • 2117 Posts
well if gamespot and ign give good reviews then ill think about it
vidiofreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 vidiofreak
Member since 2003 • 427 Posts
[QUOTE="DrinkDuff"][QUOTE="XxICExX2"][QUOTE="Magical_Zebra"][QUOTE="XxICExX2"][QUOTE="JiveT"]

XxICExX2

Sorry I am not a Troll or Fanboy I try not to make judgements on games I have not played.

You are quick to make judgement because you are saying what you think of a guy talking about a game

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#60 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

The simple fact of the matter is that if you are giving an unbiased review, you do not knock points off of a game just because you personally do not like the colors or the artstyle, which are some of the reasons EGM gave for knocking off points. Not once did they say the framerate was bad, the said that the motion controls "were cool", they said the ground combat was fun, they said that they loved the epic feeling, and they said that the graphics were "hi-def".

Yet they grade the game low as hell because they did not like the colors or the artwork? Give me a break. They pretty much just admitted that they scored the game low out of a few minor personal preference issues, and not because the gameplay or graphics were horrible. Here is a summary of what was said with a link, from gamers-creed.com who did a write up on this podcast:

Here is what they liked and hated about the game :

GOOD
They said motion control was cool.
The ground combat was well done.
No mention of frame rate indicating it was stable.
They liked the epic scope of the game.

BAD
They thought the dragon was a re- skinned x-wing
The dragon shooting fireballs was odd and wasn't realistic enough
The game had no map and someone asked if the graphics were good and he said "its High Def" and he didn't like the colors used,everything was brown and Grey.
They didn't like the artwork and said the game lacked innovation.

Link:

http://gamers-creed.com/?p=324

vidiofreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 vidiofreak
Member since 2003 • 427 Posts
See, everyone was saying that EGM said a dragon shooting a fireball wasnt realistic.. so i thought... wtf, dragons arent realistic why are they saying that... but they said "The dragon shooting the fireballs was odd and wasnt realistic enough".. which means.. it doesnt look good when they shoot the fireballs.... thats a huge difference. people are stupid
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

First off, a large dragon should not control like a nimble space fighter operating in the void of space. It's a suspension-of-disbelief issue.

And second off, say what you want about the validity of that rant, the biggest issue so far has been controls. A game controlling poorly is always a valid issue.

Hoffgod

woah..."suspension of disbelief"...*head pops*

but yes, I can see how that would be an issue.

dracolich666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 dracolich666
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts
7.9 on gamespot! That would acually be nice of them too. :lol:
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts
they even said it was an early biuld of the game and they still reviewed it. and to say lair was a flop what about your blue dragon. at least factor 5 was trying something differant ow ya lemming only want fps nothing else.
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts
[QUOTE="Magical_Zebra"][QUOTE="XxICExX2"][QUOTE="JiveT"]

XxICExX2

The pot calling the kettle black FTW!!!! :shock:

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts
[QUOTE="JiveT"]

XxICExX2

actually you can judge certain games without having to play them.

goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#67 goodlay
Member since 2005 • 5773 Posts
OMG CONSPIRACY. One person didn't like the game, who really cares.
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts

XxICExX2

Oh...is that all your doing?

It really seams that there are a few problems with the game but it really seems that they are XBOTs and they want it to fail and they are just fanBoys!!!XxICExX2

So because the views they have about game are not inline with yours, you label the "reviewers" Xbots and fanboys... But that wouldnt be quick to judgement now would it? Also you playing the "plausible deniablity" game......FAILS. :shock:

Riki101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Riki101
Member since 2004 • 2339 Posts
lair got a bad score cause i said it was going to flop when it was first shown

bioshock got a good score cause i said it was going to be amazing when i saw the demo walkthrough,

i know what flops what not
chisoxrule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 chisoxrule
Member since 2005 • 2097 Posts
When I saw a video clip on G4, the framerate looked all choppy and it was hard to tell this from a PS2 title.
l3erserker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 l3erserker
Member since 2006 • 468 Posts

JiveT

Idk about you, but looking at the videos, im very excited. What kinda games are you comparing Lair to?

l3erserker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 l3erserker

The simple fact of the matter is that if you are giving an unbiased review, you do not knock points off of a game just because you personally do not like the colors or the artstyle, which are some of the reasons EGM gave for knocking off points. Not once did they say the framerate was bad, the said that the motion controls "were cool", they said the ground combat was fun, they said that they loved the epic feeling, and they said that the graphics were "hi-def".

Yet they grade the game low as hell because they did not like the colors or the artwork? Give me a break. They pretty much just admitted that they scored the game low out of a few minor personal preference issues, and not because the gameplay or graphics were horrible. Here is a summary of what was said with a link, from gamers-creed.com who did a write up on this podcast:

Here is what they liked and hated about the game :

GOOD
They said motion control was cool.
The ground combat was well done.
No mention of frame rate indicating it was stable.
They liked the epic scope of the game.

BAD
They thought the dragon was a re- skinned x-wing
The dragon shooting fireballs was odd and wasn't realistic enough
The game had no map and someone asked if the graphics were good and he said "its High Def" and he didn't like the colors used,everything was brown and Grey.
They didn't like the artwork and said the game lacked innovation.

Link:

http://gamers-creed.com/?p=324

ironcreed

WORD!!

FusionApex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 FusionApex
Member since 2006 • 1151 Posts
Isn't this game supposed to be dark, with the global warming and ash from volcanoes ans stuff. Plus, everything is on fire from the dragons. It's not going to be pink and blue. (Okay, everything is not on fire)
biggamerhk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#74 biggamerhk
Member since 2006 • 1653 Posts

we just have to wait and see. what annoys me is that all these fanboys are saying Lair is just a complete failure when IGN, GS, and tons of other sites havnt even reviewed it yet. . . . pathetic.you know what, ill be you anything its gonna get like an 8.5-9 on GS, and all these famboys are gonna be crying like hell . . lol. well, have any of you read GS's thoughts of Lair at E3 07?? read what they say--they were VERY impressed.
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#75 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
EGM is only one source, and they didn't even have the finished version of the game.
l3erserker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 l3erserker
[QUOTE="XxICExX2"][QUOTE="JiveT"]

JiveT

So if you have a negative opinion about a terrible looking game that's getting ripped to shreds by one of the most respected gaming sites on the planet you are a "troll or fanboy". At least have the honesty to admit you are a Sony fanboy because they are the only people still trying to protect this mess of a game.

I have both x360 and a PS3, but that statement totally contradicted what you are saying, because I can tell from that comment that you are a Xbox fanboy. The game hasnt been released, play the game to decide, not the sites.

gamergeekgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 gamergeekgeek
Member since 2006 • 3395 Posts
so according to TC, everyone has to enjoy the game and agree with you, or else they're biased and xbots? :shock:
SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

JiveT

So if you have a negative opinion about a terrible looking game that's getting ripped to shreds by one of the most respected gaming sites on the planet you are a "troll or fanboy". At least have the honesty to admit you are a Sony fanboy because they are the only people still trying to protect this mess of a game.

yes, he does sound a bit of a fanboy. but if I were him, i'd only admit if you admited you're a PS3 hater. probably a lemming, looking at your past posts.

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 BumFluff122
Member since 2004 • 14853 Posts

What's with this "only 1 reviewer gave it a bad review"?

This game was hyped to the stars, it also got a 3.75 out of 5 on gamepro (go to gamerankings.com to see) That works out to 75%. That is a lemon compared to what this game was said to be.

TOAO_Cyrus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 TOAO_Cyrus1
Member since 2004 • 2895 Posts

Aside whether the game is good or bad, the guy who commented on Lair on the podcast was not a professional. Therearewaysto state that the game didnt live up to the expectation, but trashing a game completely with such phrases like "graphics looks like they poured chocolateall over", "modded rogue squadron", etc.... Please.

alex77k

So its alright to trash other terrible games like big rigs but not your precious Liar?

darthzew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#81 darthzew
Member since 2005 • 1213 Posts
You can't say anything until the game is out, but then again, some things just go down the drain and don't come back up... like Hour of Victory!
DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#82 DSgamer64
Member since 2007 • 4449 Posts

Factor 5 delayed the game for a reason, obviously to change the things whining fanboys like EGM were complaining about, like the lack of analog support. If I were Factor 5 I would have told reviewers like EGM and N4G to screw themselves if they did not like the fact that Lair only uses the motion or tiltcontrols. So many bloody reviewers complain about motion/tilt controls being tacked on to games, yet when one game developer decides to actually use it instead of the crappy analog sticks, reviewers whine about that. If you have the option of using one or the other, reviewers will say it is tacked on for one of the options, if you do not have the option then they will complain about it. Ya can't have your cake and eat it too you know.

God I wish people would stop whining about Lair, no one seemed to complain when Rogue Squadron 2 came out which was essentially a rehash of the original game just with better graphics, more content and some improved controls. N4G and EGM are horrible reviewers, I have only ever read an EGM magazine once and it was the most retarded crap ever, that was back when they were kissing Sony's ass, now they are kissing Microsoft's asses and ignoring good games. EGM always seem to jump ship when their favourite company starts to lose, guaranteed once the Wii starts winning the console war, they will switch too, if not then they will be stuck as a bunch of lemmings for a while.

TOAO_Cyrus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 TOAO_Cyrus1
Member since 2004 • 2895 Posts
If it was just "whining" why would they delay the game?
MCPresident

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 MCPresident
Member since 2005 • 426 Posts
You haven't played it, they have. Why do you think you are in a better position to be right?
Lemmywinks_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Lemmywinks_360
Member since 2007 • 1996 Posts
Why lair got a bad score? Idk maybe because they think its a pos game? maybe...
DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#86 DSgamer64
Member since 2007 • 4449 Posts

What's with this "only 1 reviewer gave it a bad review"?

This game was hyped to the stars, it also got a 3.75 out of 5 on gamepro (go to gamerankings.com to see) That works out to 75%. That is a lemon compared to what this game was said to be.

BumFluff122

It has been hyped AA for some time now, looks like someone isn't paying attention to the pinned topics here in System Wars.

darthzew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#87 darthzew
Member since 2005 • 1213 Posts

we just have to wait and see. what annoys me is that all these fanboys are saying Lair is just a complete failure when IGN, GS, and tons of other sites havnt even reviewed it yet. . . . pathetic.you know what, ill be you anything its gonna get like an 8.5-9 on GS, and all these famboys are gonna be crying like hell . . lol. well, have any of you read GS's thoughts of Lair at E3 07?? read what they say--they were VERY impressed.biggamerhk

Okay, but Gamespot's hands-on's said Hour of Victory could turn out to be a good game, they aren't allowed to say bad stuff about upcoming games.

Avatar image for thirstychainsaw
thirstychainsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 thirstychainsaw
Member since 2007 • 3761 Posts

:lol: Did you read the comments?

One mad Sony fanboy :lol:

leadernator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 leadernator
Member since 2003 • 9064 Posts

While i am skeptical about the game, i agree with TC to some certain extent.

The review was very unprofessional, and very much in disagreement with other reviews. Graphics are clearly the game's strong point, and that didn't make it to EGM's "good list?"They actually bashed the game in this department, calling brown/grey looking :|

They put motion control on their "good list," while other reviews stated that to be the biggest problem with the game.

i wouldn't pass judgement on the game yet.

we have another 90% review, and a 75% review as well. the next few reviewsare what we should go by.

l3erserker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 l3erserker

You haven't played it, they have. Why do you think you are in a better position to be right?MCPresident

Hey buddy, let me tell you something.I'd rather play a game and then form a opinion than have aperson who may have completely differenttastesplay it and tell me that it's not good. There is too much bashing, thats a fact and you can't deny it.

Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts

JiveT

Even if the game looked good and scored well, you would hate it. You are one of the most notorious lemmings on this board. you will never admit if PS3 had a good exclusive. You'd look for any flaws and exploit them. You're just lucky Lair happened to suck.

zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 zero_snake99
Member since 2004 • 3478 Posts

JiveT

HAHAHAHaha..ha...wait...you weren't joking?...

the_crosbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 the_crosbie
Member since 2007 • 740 Posts
medal of honor is like a sci fi monster:   nobody likes it , it sucks and it won't ever die
zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 zero_snake99
Member since 2004 • 3478 Posts
Why lair got a bad score? Idk maybe because they think its a pos game? maybe...Lemmywinks_360

I like your master cheif Mr. Lemmywinks =]
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#95 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
ive only heard of the 1up/egm review. but that is only one review(and its based off the unfinished game). ill wait for ign or gs to review it.
ginglejangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 ginglejangle
Member since 2007 • 3171 Posts

JiveT

it looks great from videos..

MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 MGS9150
Member since 2004 • 2491 Posts

JiveT

The game LOOKS amazing, the graphics are top notch, its just the gameplay we dont know about. Its been getting mixed reviews.

lagreendown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 lagreendown
Member since 2006 • 1612 Posts
lol i want hir0 to eat his crap if it gets AA
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts
I am a devoted Lemming, but somehow, even after all these bad reviews and press, i am still looking forward to this game. I like shooters, dragons, blowing things up and flight games. So what its not well executed, i have struggled through many bad motion controlled Wii games, i think i can do the same with Lair....or maybe i am just desperate for a new PS3 game....whichever.
sPOON_f33dU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 sPOON_f33dU
Member since 2007 • 724 Posts
ms wrote them a check to give lair a bad score but the check bounced and now they're bankrupted