Lair got a bad score why?

• 129 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 mwa
Member since 2003 • 2639 Posts
i never understood the hype surrounding lair anyway...it just seemed like sony's hype machine was trying to drum up some excitement for the game, and fanboys bought right into it
Stall0wn3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 Stall0wn3d
Member since 2007 • 621 Posts
[QUOTE="XxICExX2"][QUOTE="JiveT"]

Can't you see its a terrible game just by looking at the videos? I mean...it looks god awful.

JiveT

Sorry I am not a Troll or Fanboy I try not to make judgements on games I have not played.

So if you have a negative opinion about a terrible looking game that's getting ripped to shreds by one of the most respected gaming sites on the planet you are a "troll or fanboy". At least have the honesty to admit you are a Sony fanboy because they are the only people still trying to protect this mess of a game.

most respected gaming site on the planet? selfowned, wow...
zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 zero_snake99
Member since 2004 • 3478 Posts
OMFG...I actually listened to the podcast..and this guy is so stupid....-_-...like he makes me suicidal...bye everyone...lol..
Drakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Drakier
Member since 2004 • 1444 Posts
Apparently for the 1up guys, non-realistic dragons that lack built-in radar = lose. :(
munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#105 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts
From, what I read, he really didn't find much wrong with it expect that it wasn't different enough from X-Wing for him. The review seriously sounds like Lair itself wasn't a bad game but that he simply didn't like the game/it's style... LIKE I"VE SAID TIME AND TIME AGAIN: I'm going to wait for the ign/GS review, you guys should too. When did we start taking EGM this seriously to heart? Since the lair review came out?
no_submission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 no_submission
Member since 2007 • 961 Posts
THE DRAGONS EXPLODE LIKE PLANES FOR GOD'S SAKE!
gamergeekgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 gamergeekgeek
Member since 2006 • 3395 Posts

THE DRAGONS EXPLODE LIKE PLANES FOR GOD'S SAKE!no_submission

x-wings in dragon skin, hmm...

High_Fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 High_Fly
Member since 2003 • 2846 Posts
haha, another one bites the dust for the PScrap.
No_Talent_Dev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 No_Talent_Dev
Member since 2007 • 505 Posts
I give it two thumbs down just for having to use toddler tilt, that feature has to go on the PS3 controller. I don't know anybody that actually likes it.
AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts

What did cows expect? Seriously?Rebel Strikewasn't nearly as good as Rogue Leader. The ground missions were horrific and had awkward controls. Factor 5 is hit and miss with their games. Most of their games are great, but a couple of them aren't. Cows used to think sheep were jealous of Factor 5 abandoning Nintendo. Now, I don't think sheep care...

da1on2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 da1on2
Member since 2006 • 4885 Posts
If it was just "whining" why would they delay the game?TOAO_Cyrus1
Dude you don't know why they delayed it, neither do I.
da1on2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 da1on2
I give it two thumbs down just for having to use toddler tilt, that feature has to go on the PS3 controller. I don't know anybody that actually likes it.No_Talent_Dev
On the 1up podcast (the internet branch of EGM) they stated the tilt control was good.
Berserker_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Berserker_2
Member since 2006 • 5948 Posts

The way people talk about this game you'd swear there were 50 reviews out already.

Three. Count 'em. THREE reviews.

Good grief charlie brown.

Bread_or_Decide

EGM gave the game 5s. Even if EGM is biased, there is something seriously wrong with Lair.

Berserker_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Berserker_2
Member since 2006 • 5948 Posts

i never understood the hype surrounding lair anyway...it just seemed like sony's hype machine was trying to drum up some excitement for the game, and fanboys bought right into itmwa

That's true. But the PS3 is in a huge dryspell that appears to have no end. PS3 owners are hyping anything that has 4 letters or begins with an "H", hoping for a "Halo" killer.

da1on2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 da1on2

[QUOTE="mwa"]i never understood the hype surrounding lair anyway...it just seemed like sony's hype machine was trying to drum up some excitement for the game, and fanboys bought right into itBerserker_2

That's true. But the PS3 is in a huge dryspell that appears to have no end. PS3 owners are hyping anything that has 4 letters or begins with an "H", hoping for a "Halo" killer.

Haze? Thats barely hyped:|
mwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 mwa
Member since 2003 • 2639 Posts
[QUOTE="Berserker_2"]

[QUOTE="mwa"]i never understood the hype surrounding lair anyway...it just seemed like sony's hype machine was trying to drum up some excitement for the game, and fanboys bought right into itda1on2

Haze? Thats barely hyped:|

i've actually seen quite a few cows hyping it on this forum

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#117 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts

Fire breath = body full of explosive chemicles

WeAreToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 WeAreToast
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts
[QUOTE="JiveT"]

Can't you see its a terrible game just by looking at the videos? I mean...it looks god awful.

XxICExX2

Sorry I am not a Troll or Fanboy I try not to make judgements on games I have not played.

Welcome to System Wars. Happens every day. Following GS scores is essentially a rule in arguments.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

[QUOTE="no_submission"]THE DRAGONS EXPLODE LIKE PLANES FOR GOD'S SAKE!Timstuff

No, thats incorrect. It all starts when the dragon catch their prey. When dragons eat, they digest the food in a regular stomach. The digestion then continues in a second stomach that breaks down the food even further. After the dragon's body has used all it can from the second digestion, the body then turns the leftover food and acid into a byproduct of hydrogen. The dragon can hold the hydrogen in various large glands in it's body for later use, and can call upon it at any time it needs to. When the dragon needs to belch it's flame, the glands release the hydrogen into the lungs where it mixes with other various chemicals the body creates. Once this mixture finds oxygen, it burns extremely hot, and very quick. The dragon usually has enough hydrogen in its body for about three spits of flame. FYI
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#120 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts
man cows know how to hype a game lair's gameplay never looked good but since the graphics did it got hyped to all heaven the game may just be bad
Smakkjoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#121 Smakkjoo
Member since 2006 • 1801 Posts

Lair, at first, I thought "Wow, the graphics are insane and flying with Motion controls might be sick!"

Then, I saw the gameplay.

Shoot Fire, turn around, land, kill a few, fly back up, shoot fire, land, kill... Yeah, lol, im bored

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Timstuff
[QUOTE="Timstuff"]

[QUOTE="no_submission"]THE DRAGONS EXPLODE LIKE PLANES FOR GOD'S SAKE!Heil68

No, thats incorrect. It all starts when the dragon catch their prey. When dragons eat, they digest the food in a regular stomach. The digestion then continues in a second stomach that breaks down the food even further. After the dragon's body has used all it can from the second digestion, the body then turns the leftover food and acid into a byproduct of hydrogen. The dragon can hold the hydrogen in various large glands in it's body for later use, and can call upon it at any time it needs to. When the dragon needs to belch it's flame, the glands release the hydrogen into the lungs where it mixes with other various chemicals the body creates. Once this mixture finds oxygen, it burns extremely hot, and very quick. The dragon usually has enough hydrogen in its body for about three spits of flame. FYI

Hydrogen explodes.

jackvegas21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 jackvegas21
Member since 2007 • 3157 Posts

[QUOTE="no_submission"]THE DRAGONS EXPLODE LIKE PLANES FOR GOD'S SAKE!Timstuff

Your imagination runs rampant

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Timstuff
[QUOTE="Timstuff"]

[QUOTE="no_submission"]THE DRAGONS EXPLODE LIKE PLANES FOR GOD'S SAKE!jackvegas21

Your imagination runs rampant

Blame it on having been a kid once, who happened to have lots of free time to think about such awesome things as dragons.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
Hydrogen explodes. Timstuff
They would start on fire but not explode, just like your picture shows. A explosion by definition is a sudden increase in volume and release of energy in an extreme manner, usually with the generation of high temperatures and the release of gases.
l3erserker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 l3erserker
Member since 2006 • 468 Posts

For some reason, all the PS3 fanboys who said Lair would be a Gears of War killer. They are going to complain that gaming magazines and gaming sites are out to get the PS3.. I told the PS3 fanboys many months ago . Its not that I hate the PS3, because I dont, its just that I know Lair wouldnt come close to Gears. vidiofreak

a gears of war killer? dude, Im a PS3 fan and I highly doubt that Lair would be labled a "gears of war killer". gears of war is just amazing,

l3erserker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 l3erserker

and...?

l3erserker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 l3erserker

haha, another one bites the dust for the PScrap.High_Fly

which game has bit the dust so far? lol, I dont think many, I guess you dont know your games that well buddy. i got both and thats a very dumb assumption.

l3erserker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 l3erserker

I've kept an eye on this forum, and the same stuff is being said. The only legit message posted on this forum is flawed gameplay.

LET THE GAME COME OUT AND DECIDE FOR YOURSELF!

Blood-WarriorX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Blood-WarriorX
Member since 2004 • 162 Posts

Lair, at first, I thought "Wow, the graphics are insane and flying with Motion controls might be sick!"

Then, I saw the gameplay.

Shoot Fire, turn around, land, kill a few, fly back up, shoot fire, land, kill... Yeah, lol, im bored

Smakkjoo

well hell if u could do that for just baout every game for intance the fallowing is the very essence of gears

find cover shoot repeat

well at least lair used more then 4 words

but besides that i mean has anyone honestly seen a bad preview for this game, besides haters and what not, i mean they keep saying its a great game people who have played it says it amazing and the graphics are great and so on and so forth and then they drop this bomb on us out of the blue one can only question wtf is up its ethier hundreds of previews and the peoplle who wrote them are wrong or maybe 3 people just got alittle too biased

and at this point honestly which one seems more likely?