Knack outsells Super Mario 3D World in UK

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Sweenix (5398 posts) -

Needs a separate thread :P

Linky

PS4 exclusive Knack debuts at 13 ahead of Super Mario 3D World on Wii U at 14. Yes, Knack sold more than Mario.

#2 Edited by campzor (34932 posts) -

LOL!

Cerny > miyamoto

#3 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26336 posts) -

By the gods, poorly received games outsell better received...

#4 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

lol TSHBO.

#5 Edited by SolidTy (42556 posts) -

Well, I bought Super Mario 3D World and Knack...I think Super Mario 3D is obvious better, but I'm a big Mario fanatic.

If you like Platformers, you can't go too wrong. Knack is actually a decent game, it's just the kind of game you would play on PS2 gameplay wise. Not ambitious enough. If I only had $60, Super Mario would win my platforming dollards hands down....although World 1 was boring, the game picks up after that.

Again, more proof that SALES =/= QUALITY. Maybe there will be less sales threads, yeah?...yeah right.

#7 Posted by Sweenix (5398 posts) -

Not surprising. Brits have taste almost as bad as their teeth.

lol

#8 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3508 posts) -

People have some shitty taste.

#9 Edited by silversix_ (14128 posts) -

Coming from you with that Gomez bish........

#10 Edited by freedomfreak (39405 posts) -

#11 Edited by TREAL_Since (11946 posts) -

Ouch, bummer for SMW3D. It looks like a much better purchase for me over Knack. I have yet to play either one, but that's my assessment just from looking at many videos of the two (reviews factor in a lil bit as well).

This is interesting data revealing that the PS4, in general, has incredible momentum. Does this mean Mario isn't a killer app franchise for the Wii U, or that the Wii U just isn't capable of garnering mass appeal? Or both? Maybe launching a big game like Mario during a competitor's incredibly popular console launch isn't a good idea? Maybe the core Wii U community just don't care about Mario like they used to (only 100K sold in Japan)? Many questions that I ask myself.

#12 Edited by Shinobishyguy (22432 posts) -

UK showing their excellent taste in games *gags

#13 Posted by Stringerboy (6955 posts) -

My teeth are perfectly fine thankyou.

#14 Posted by tormentos (17326 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

Needs a separate thread :P

Linky

PS4 exclusive Knack debuts at 13 ahead of Super Mario 3D World on Wii U at 14. Yes, Knack sold more than Mario.

The biggest testament that sales doesn't = quality..

#15 Edited by Shewgenja (8519 posts) -

ITT: People raging over a game with a poor GS score that they've never tried over another game no one has tried and making broad claims about tastes of an entire country.

#16 Posted by Vatusus (4509 posts) -

True. Thats why the 360 was the more popular console in UK

#17 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

Surprised any American have teeth after their gross immaturity.

My teeth are fine btw, stereotyping is a huge sign of weakness, but not in my case, America is real lol.

#18 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3508 posts) -
#19 Edited by Shinobishyguy (22432 posts) -

@Shewgenja: its not just GS that panned knack, it got shit reviews all around.

#20 Edited by silversix_ (14128 posts) -
#21 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3508 posts) -

@silversix_:

Meaning you have shitty taste, so you should keep your mouth shut.

#22 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6192 posts) -

Does this mean Knack is a good game now or that people bought it by default, since there is nothing else to play on the PS4/10?????

We all know the answer.

#23 Posted by silversix_ (14128 posts) -
#24 Posted by Giancar (19051 posts) -

Mario deserves to do way better than Knack.

Just like the PS4 hardware deserves to do better than the WiiU.

#25 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -
#26 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21606 posts) -

I hope this doesn't continue, i just bought the consle and i don't want nintendo to kill it.

#27 Posted by Sweenix (5398 posts) -

Does this mean Knack is a good game now or that people bought it by default, since there is nothing else to play on the PS4/10?????

We all know the answer.

Knack = Ryse

Deal with it lem

#28 Posted by misterpmedia (3364 posts) -

ITT: People raging over a game with a poor GS score that they've never tried over another game no one has tried and making broad claims about tastes of an entire country.

Lol this so bad.

I guess this makes GSs pretty irrelevant. I'm pretty sure the people who bought Ryse would say the exact same thing too.

I hope they're still making Wii-Us by the time Bayonetta 2 comes out though, that's the only game I have to buy a Wii-U for.

#29 Posted by Sweenix (5398 posts) -

I hope this doesn't continue, i just bought the consle and i don't want nintendo to kill it.

I hope so either... i plan on getting a wii u within the next year :O

#30 Posted by W1NGMAN- (9959 posts) -

We all know the better product sales better. Sorry Mario maybe next year ;(

#31 Edited by lamprey263 (23300 posts) -

Knack is a test to see if cows will eat up mediocrity and hail it as gold; cows have pretty much proven this, expect more.

Happened with Resistance Fall of Man, what a shit game but everybody wanted to say it was great because it was the only launch game considered worth a damn... well, there was consequences to saying it was good, because they made two more equally shitty games afterwards, they didn't bother improving things either as gamers were too busy kissing ass and feigning satisfaction.. Don't make the same mistake twice cows, we don't need a trilogy of crappy Knack games to litter this gen. If you refuse this gruel they will make something better for you guys.

#32 Posted by pc-ps360 (3458 posts) -

this just proves cockroaches willing to playing anything just cause it exclusive. either way both games are offline games. those that play mario gets to hav fun while those that play knack pretend like they are having fun.

#33 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11650 posts) -

#34 Posted by Netret0120 (2048 posts) -

The Gods of Olympus have abandoned Ninty:-\

I think mario is a better game but just comes to show you the momentum Sony has

#35 Posted by Bigboi500 (29413 posts) -

Shit UK tastes confirmed.

#36 Posted by Jipset (2409 posts) -

@princessgomez92 said:

gomez is a talented lady

#37 Posted by BigBoss255 (3538 posts) -

How is this a sign of poor taste?

It just goes to show how undesirable the Wii U is.

I'm sure if Mario was on PS4 nobody would even take a second look at Knack.

#38 Posted by Cali3350 (16130 posts) -

I enjoyed Knack a lot. You are all haters.

Admittedly Mario is the better game, so its a shame it sold poorly. But I hope Knack sells well. I wouldn't mind a sequel at all!

#39 Posted by Shewgenja (8519 posts) -

The gaming press got owned. No one gave a shit that the reviews tanked the game. They bought what looked fun and probably played well for them at the demo kiosks. The moneyhat stranglehold on gaming is losing it's grip. Seems people were too squeezed by playing it safe last gen.

#40 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (7058 posts) -

Well, if I owned a PS4, I would own Knack, too. It looks awful, but what else would I play?

#41 Posted by silversix_ (14128 posts) -

@Jipset said:

@silversix_ said:
@princessgomez92 said:

gomez is a talented lady

with that annoying face i really don't care

#42 Edited by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

Sad day indeed, but Nintendo brought this on themselves. The Wii-U is simply becoming a disaster, and there are moment in business when you have to face facts that a particular product simply isn't working or likely to turn around. That day for the Big N is fast approaching.

#43 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@AMD655: no, this is the one time I will agree with mems. you limeys need to start breeding with those off the island homeland. introduce some better oral genetics into the gene pool.

#44 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

Wow! Not only has Sony destroyed MS, but now also Nintendo.

#45 Posted by AzatiS (7348 posts) -

1 thing to say : HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Not even a solid mario game can save Wii U .....

#46 Posted by hiphops_savior (7861 posts) -

@Shewgenja: Guess what's going to end up being returned to the stores and sold used on pennies?

#47 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6192 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

We all know the answer.

Knack = Ryse

Deal with it lem

I have played Knack.............have you played Ryse? Deal with yourself Peasant.

#48 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7058 posts) -

@Shewgenja: Guess what's going to end up being returned to the stores and sold used on pennies?

Yeah, I expect the lifetime sales of 3D World to completely dwarf those of Knack. Plus, that figure does not include digital sales, and Knack was included as a physical copy bundle for those poor souls who actually wanted it.

#49 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25608 posts) -

But seriously, that is a shame.

#50 Edited by mrintro (1354 posts) -

yet another pointless and meaningless assertion brought to you by sytem wars