Killzone 3D - Enter the HYPEzone - Gamespot 8.5-Keep it here or face suspension!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Vader993
Member since 2010 • 7533 Posts

tc i put the link of this thread in my sig,i hope you don't mind

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts

[QUOTE="psn8214"]

Holy ***** ** ** ** **** **** * **** **** *******! :o :o :o This thread is ********* glorious! God damn!

Anastasia1997

Ya, that was my initial reaction, I just wish there was more information released about the game first

Yeah, man :(. GG never provides thorough information like say, Bungie. Treal did the Halo Reach HYPE thread and it was very easy finding info, pics, etc. lol. Bungie is awesome like that. BTW, this thread will be updated as time goes on.

Anastasia1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Anastasia1997
Member since 2010 • 641 Posts
[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"]

[QUOTE="Anastasia1997"]

BTW Treal-Since, amazing work on the Thread, and thanks for the back story of KZ. I read the entire thing, really some of the best back story in gaming, too bad GG doesnt utilize such a phenominal back story in their stories. Hopefully thatll change in KZ3. BTW, Id love to join your clan, any more information you can give me about it please?

The back story is really cool, but they don't do too well with telling a story in game lol. That will hopefully change in KZ3, since GG said they've been inspired by Naughty Dog to write better and enhance the storytelling.

As for the SWAG clan, we're gonna hold tryouts of some sort. You'll have to PM Treal about the details, which I'm sure he hasn't fully fleshed out yet :P.

Thanks :). Man, im just getting giddy from the awesomeness :P. I actually used to be a phenominal KZ2 player, but because of SAT work, I havent been able to play KZ2, on te weekends though I just cant get enough, the MP is amazing. BTW, when are the tryouts? I would suggest to hold them on a weekend
psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

[QUOTE="Anastasia1997"]

BTW Treal-Since, amazing work on the Thread, and thanks for the back story of KZ. I read the entire thing, really some of the best back story in gaming, too bad GG doesnt utilize such a phenominal back story in their stories. Hopefully thatll change in KZ3. BTW, Id love to join your clan, any more information you can give me about it please?

Episode_Eve

The back story is really cool, but they don't do too well with telling a story in game lol. That will hopefully change in KZ3, since GG said they've been inspired by Naughty Dog to write better and enhance the storytelling.

As for the SWAG clan, we're gonna hold tryouts of some sort. You'll have to PM Treal about the details, which I'm sure he hasn't fully fleshed out yet :P.

I think given my awesomeness I should not only get in by default, but be promoted to Acting Chancellor, or something cool and threatening sounding like that. 8)

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Episode_Eve

tc i put the link of this thread in my sig,i hope you don't mind

Vader993

Soon as he posted the thread, he had to leave to go out of town for a few days! So I'm in his place to answer questions and update the OP to the best of my ability :P. And I can assure you, he'd think it's awesome that you linked the thread in your sig hehe.

theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 theuncharted34
Member since 2010 • 14529 Posts

awesome thread lol I laughed when I got to the kings part 8)

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#57 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts
It's getting melee king no question, those brutal melees are so damn satisfying to perform, I kind of wish they would go the Halo Reach way though, hold down to do a brutal melee, just tap to do a regular melee, which should be a two hit kill like in KZ2.
Avatar image for SuprmanLuvHandl
SuprmanLuvHandl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 SuprmanLuvHandl
Member since 2010 • 989 Posts

or your killzone gauntlet could have consists of who is the best killzone 2 player, and I would have easily won :lol: this isn't even a joke.

Dead-Memories

I believe I am the best Killzone 2 player on this site:evil:

Avatar image for 205212669269561485377169522720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#59 205212669269561485377169522720
Member since 2005 • 14458 Posts

[QUOTE="Dead-Memories"]

or your killzone gauntlet could have consists of who is the best killzone 2 player, and I would have easily won :lol: this isn't even a joke.

SuprmanLuvHandl

Yall aren't even near my level of epicness!:lol:

... Seriously...:|

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#60 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

[QUOTE="SuprmanLuvHandl"]

[QUOTE="Dead-Memories"]

sanim02

haha. good joke guys, i'm all for playing 1v1 on radec though, my PSN tag is wasthatajoke7. trust me, it won't be a fair matchup.
theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 theuncharted34

[QUOTE="Dead-Memories"]

sanim02

I get lot's of headshots.

by the art of hipfiring 8)

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
Woho awesome thread guys! Almost makes me interested in the game, lol. Not a big FPS player you see but I have to admit this thread is one for the books. Now regarding the score I reckon this game is off to a better start than KZ2, I remember when people were saying KZ2 will disappoint simply because the original on the PS2 wasn't well received here at all, I believe it got a 6.5 or something. Anyway Killzone 3 is building off of KZ2 so it has a good shot at maintaining the hype, KZ2 wasn't perfect since the the SP from what I heard was short and uninspiring and the majority didn't the like the weight behind the controls. The game still went to to be a critical and commercial success and considering Guerrilla are addressing all the issues gamers had with the 2nd one I have to say it has pretty damn good chance to get AAA.
Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Vader993

tc got the release date wrong,kz3 is being released February 22, 2011 in North America and in Europe its February 28, 2011.

At least according to wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killzone_3

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Dead-Memories

[QUOTE="Anastasia1997"]

Episode_Eve

i can help you with any clan organization stuff you need brother, I ran a clan in killzone 2 and it sounds like your clan has some aspect of seriousness to it and I don't take losing very well.

munkeypoo45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#65 munkeypoo45
Member since 2008 • 3221 Posts

awesome thread. i cant wait to get this game. definitelyone of my most anticipated games next year.

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts
HOLY **** Treal this thread is amazing!! I'm seeing a 9.0 from GS
skinny_man_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#67 skinny_man_69
Member since 2005 • 5147 Posts

I will only be buying this game if it includes one thing, and one thing only: The death of Rico at my hands. So if someone could buy it, play it, beat it and then inform me of this glorious occasion, I will be inclined to buy it myself and experience sweet sweet justice first hand. Otherwise, no buy from me. Great thread though :)

shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 shinrabanshou
Member since 2009 • 8458 Posts

Awesome hype thread.

Still not particularly interested in KZ3 but I'll predict AAA 9.0 score.

theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 theuncharted34

I will only be buying this game if it includes one thing, and one thing only: The death of Rico at my hands. So if someone could buy it, play it, beat it and then inform me of this glorious occasion, I will be inclined to buy it myself and experience sweet sweet justice first hand. Otherwise, no buy from me

skinny_man_69

what if Rico has learned alot from his mis... :lol: no but The director Herman Hulst said Rico has grown up alot in killzone 3... :lol: No really I hope I get to shoot Rico :P

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
Hmm you know what? I have never hyped a game AAAA, I think it's about time to do so :twisted: Sure it's insanely high expectations but it's not like Im interested in the game and I don't care if it flops. So yeah Im gonna hype KILLZONE 3 AAAA! Lets make it more interesting, Im sure most are familiar with the fact that I don't like FPS genre BUT if by some freak miracle GS does award the game AAAA than I will get it, for teh lolz.

Better not let me down KZ Trey :P
Avatar image for SuprmanLuvHandl
SuprmanLuvHandl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 SuprmanLuvHandl
Member since 2010 • 989 Posts

[QUOTE="sanim02"]

Dead-Memories

haha. good joke guys, i'm all for playing 1v1 on radec though, my PSN tag is wasthatajoke7. trust me, it won't be a fair matchup.

Just looked you up on killzone.com, we have pretty close stats:o

I have higher score on leaderboards and higher win %, but you have better k/d

djsifer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 djsifer01
Member since 2005 • 7238 Posts
Absolutely amazing thread. Good job guys. Im interested in joining SWAG as KZ3 will be my main game for months when it releases. I 100% completed all online trophies in KZ2 for proof of my skill level.
Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#73 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12393 Posts

very very good work TC.

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Episode_Eve

tc got the release date wrong,kz3 is being released February 22, 2011 in North America and in Europe its February 28, 2011.

At least according to wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killzone_3

Vader993

Lol yeah, that was a typo. I told him it was the 22 in America, but he typed 26 :P. I'll fix it later.

tumle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 tumle
Member since 2004 • 1274 Posts

wow treal !! I can say that this is the best thread ever created on SW!! really like the layout. You are one talented guy..

i will try you're gauntlet out but think I have to practice a little on KZ2, its been a long time since i last played it, even though I'm playing the beta for KZ3:)

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts

I can tell you that some hard work did go into the making of this, but Treal does this stuff in his sleep! :P

As for the controls, they're amazing actually. Very smooth and responsive (my impression from playing the beta).

Episode_Eve

Ah that's what I was afraid of. :(

The one thing that set KZ2 apart from other console shooters to me was the controls. In a good way.

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Dead-Memories

[QUOTE="Dead-Memories"][QUOTE="sanim02"]

SuprmanLuvHandl

Just looked you up on killzone.com, we have pretty close stats:o

I have higher score on leaderboards and higher win %, but you have better k/d

the offer still stands if you think you're better than me.
tumle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 tumle

I can tell you that some hard work did go into the making of this, but Treal does this stuff in his sleep! :P

As for the controls, they're amazing actually. Very smooth and responsive (my impression from playing the beta).

Episode_Eve

hey eve you still playing the Beta or is it over?

have been occupied with GT5:P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 205212669269561485377169522720

[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"]

tagyhag

The one thing that set KZ2 apart from other console shooters to me was the controls. In a good way.

I actually never really understood the beef about KZ2's controls (well the weight to it:?). I remember actually liking the added weight and feeling like I'm some sort of heavy dude with a heavy gun.:P

From my beta impressions, the controls do feel a little lighter but still heavy (what a paradox:P). I don't know exactly how to explain it but they found some sort of middle ground to shut those whinners and lovers at the same time.:P

Well only time will tell, we can't always get what we want.:(

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Episode_Eve

[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"]

tagyhag

I liked the controls too! But I'm not disappointed with the change honestly. They retain most of the weighty feel, but add more response. I feel you though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 205212669269561485377169522720

[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"]

tumle

Played the beta today if your wondering if it's closed already.:P

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#82 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Incredible Thread. :shock:

Just so well done....congrats.

My hype is 8.5-9.0. I have to do some research to finalize my hype score. :P

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#83 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Great hype thread, the beta is great im positive poeple will like it once it release, if you play CoD games too much like myself you'll easiely fit in to Killzone 3 :). looking forward to it and my hype is AAAE

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#84 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"]

sanim02

I actually never really understood the beef about KZ2's controls (well the weight to it:?). I remember actually liking the added weight and feeling like I'm some sort of heavy dude with a heavy gun.:P

From my beta impressions, the controls do feel a little lighter but still heavy (what a paradox:P). I don't know exactly how to explain it but they found some sort of middle ground to shut those whinners and lovers at the same time.:P

Well only time will tell, we can't always get what we want.:(

Yeah the controls are great now, I had to turn the sensitivity down a bit but that's cool, I'm disappointed about the change with the gunplay though.
tumle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 tumle

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"]

Episode_Eve

I liked the controls too! But I'm not disappointed with the change honestly. They retain most of the weighty feel, but add more response. I feel you though.

going from bad company 2 straight to the Beta was a steep learning curve because of it still feeling heavier to control, but I'm learning:)

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Episode_Eve

[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"]

tumle

I've only played the beta a little bit to test it out. I don't want to play it too much! I read the KZ.com and PS.com boards all the time though. The beta is far from perfect, but they're addressing the issues people are having :). I'll post a developer's response soon!

tumle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 tumle

[QUOTE="tumle"]

[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"]

sanim02

cool want to play some day? haven't seen anybody on my friends list playing(including you :P) so always been a oneman team, and haven't figured out how to join some one else team:)

tumle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 tumle

[QUOTE="tumle"]

[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"]

Episode_Eve

I've only played the beta a little bit to test it out. I don't want to play it too much! I read the KZ.com and PS.com boards all the time though. The beta is far from perfect, but they're addressing the issues people are having :). I'll post a developer's response soon!

that's fair but you can always practice a little;) been wanting to play with some one feeling all alone :( :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 205212669269561485377169522720

[QUOTE="sanim02"]

[QUOTE="tumle"]

tumle

cool want to play some day? haven't seen anybody on my friends list playing(including you :P) so always been a oneman team, and haven't figured out how to join some one else team:)

Depends, I was online at around 1-3 pm ish EASTERN playing the beta but since it's my last week of the semester, I might not be online that often, however I'll let you know in advance (especially during this weekend) or hop on Skype and we'll fix something up.:)

Also (I have to bring it up Eve:P) been playing some Black Ops so yeah, it's eating up my time.:P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 205212669269561485377169522720

[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"]

[QUOTE="tumle"]

tumle

that's fair but you can always practice a little;) been wanting to play with some one feeling all alone :( :P

Dude, I got murdered as soon as I hopped on.:shock:

xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 xYamatox
Member since 2005 • 5180 Posts

AMAZING job setting this up! Let's hope Gamespot stickies this thread, so the effort won't go to waste. :P

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50702 Posts
[QUOTE="The_RedLion"]My hype is another overhyped (YES THAT MAKES SENSE) game because of its graphics and that will not score and sell as much as Halo Reach/3/ODST and won't be as active online. It reminds me of GT5, in a way. II_Seraphim_II
Wow really? Silly us for overhyping the sequel to an AAA game.... :? I might get modded for this, but I'm sensing a lil bit of fanboyism in your post....

A lil bit? Fantastic thread guys, looking forward to the AAA game!
tumle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 tumle

[QUOTE="tumle"]

[QUOTE="sanim02"]

sanim02

Depends, I was online at around 1-3 pm ish EASTERN playing the beta but since it's my last week of the semester, I might not be online that often, however I'll let you know in advance (especially during this weekend) or hop on Skype and we'll fix something up.:)

Also (I have to bring it up Eve:P) been playing some Black Ops so yeah, it's eating up my time.:P

sure I'll check out skype been a long time since i was last on is it still as crazy as ever?:) hopefully I will be on at the same time as you:) and I still haven't gotten my copy of Uncharted2 back :evil:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 205212669269561485377169522720

AMAZING job setting this up! Let's hope Gamespot stickies this thread, so the effort won't go to waste. :P

xYamatox

It will.:P Treal_SongZ next award winning thread is up in here!:shock:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 205212669269561485377169522720

[QUOTE="sanim02"]

[QUOTE="tumle"]

tumle

sure I'll check out skype been a long time since i was last on is it still as crazy as ever?:) hopefully I will be on at the same time as you:) and I still haven't gotten my copy of Uncharted2 back :evil:

:lol:

Yeah it's still crazy alright.:P It's alright though, I'm sure now we have more people online with more varieties of games available.:)

Anyways Imma turn in now, have class tomorrow morning, see ya Tumle.:)

Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Vader993

anybody else getting the helghast edition,im still a bit reluctant

tumle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 tumle

[QUOTE="tumle"]

[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"]

sanim02

Dude, I got murdered as soon as I hopped on.:shock:

haha me too:P had to turn the sensitivity way down, and then it felt a little more like BF:BD2 but i cant turn as quick so I'm always getting stabbed in the back:(

think I need to try and slightly increase the sensitivity after every match maybe ill get the hang of it then:)

tumle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 tumle

[QUOTE="tumle"]

[QUOTE="sanim02"]

sanim02

:lol:

Yeah it's still crazy alright.:P It's alright though, I'm sure now we have more people online with more varieties of games available.:)

Anyways Imma turn in now, have class tomorrow morning, see ya Tumle.:)

that would be cool:P yea see you soon on skype hopefully:)

theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 theuncharted34

anybody else getting the helghast edition,im still a bit reluctant

Vader993

can you wear the helmet? or is it just a stand? Nah, i'm not getting it, would only get one of these editions if it was my favorite franchise or something lol

EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts

[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"]

Thrillzone Trey!

I'm gonna say AAA - 9.0.

I really hope there will be a lot of participants in the Gauntlet :). Should be fun!

Dead-Memories

i still think there should have been a competitive aspect to the gauntlet thing. the bots thing seems a bit too superficial. killzone 2 tournament maybe idk. just curious to see who the good killzone 2 players are, not sure there are too many on these boards.

I was ranked about 3500 on the leaderboards before my Playstation died on me. Stopped playing afterwards, but I'l probably climb back to the top for Killzone 3.