Killzone 3D - Enter the HYPEzone - Gamespot 8.5-Keep it here or face suspension!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-6079d224de716
deactivated-6079d224de716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3751 deactivated-6079d224de716
Member since 2009 • 2567 Posts

indeed, among the many things to bash killzone 3 for, art****color palette is definitely not one of them, the game looks beautiful with the new color variations.

Dead-Memories

KZ2 has enough colors too. But at least this makes it really easy to see who's lying about having played the game :)

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3752 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

KZ3>K2

I don't see how it scored lower.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3753 deactivated-6079d224de716

KZ3>K2

Lto_thaG
KZ2 MP > KZ3 MP
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3754 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"]

KZ3>K2

Orchid87

KZ2 MP > KZ3 MP

I haven't played the MP.Don't care for it,although my brother is playing it atm.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3755 deactivated-6079d224de716
I haven't played the MP.Don't care for it,although my brother is playing it atm.Lto_thaG
KZ2 MP is the best multiplayer on consoles. It is really hardcore by console standards. KZ3's one is much more mainstream.
W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3756 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts
[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"]

KZ3>K2

Orchid87
KZ2 MP > KZ3 MP

KZ3 SP >>> KZ2 SP KZ2 MP >>> KZ3 MP GG made some unnecessary changes to the MP which is hurting my experience with it.
deejaynita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 134

#3757 deejaynita
Member since 2007 • 316 Posts

Deathtransit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3758 Deathtransit
Member since 2007 • 3086 Posts
[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"]

KZ3>K2

Orchid87
KZ2 MP > KZ3 MP

I cabn see why people say that, but I've gotten used to KZ3s controls and I ain't going back. They should have left the custom games though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3759 deactivated-6079d224de716
I cabn see why people say that, but I've gotten used to KZ3s controls and I ain't going back. They should have left the custom games though.Deathtransit
Bullet damage and recoil.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#3760 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

So the general consensus is that the campaign is better than 2 and yet the mp is worse?

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3761 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts

[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"]

KZ3>K2

Orchid87

KZ2 MP > KZ3 MP

My thoughts as well.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3762 mitu123

I blame killstreaks and perks.:P

KZ2 was a tough game for me in mp(only a 1.36 K/D ratio), the KZ3 beta was easier, though I hope to enjoy the mp when I get the game for 40-50 bucks on ebay/amazon.

RavenLoud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3763 RavenLoud
Member since 2009 • 2874 Posts

I blame killstreaks and perks.:P

KZ2 was a tough game for me in mp(only a 1.36 K/D ratio), the KZ3 beta was easier, though I hope to enjoy the mp when I get the game for 40-50 bucks on ebay/amazon.

mitu123
Yeah, honestly they just had to keep the MP like KZ2 but just with the new controls. Operation mode could be kept as well.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3764 mitu123

Extra Primary Weapon(assault rifle and shotgun)+Increased Bullet Damage+Faster Reload=Deadly.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3765 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

[QUOTE="Orchid87"][QUOTE="Lto_thaG"]

KZ3>K2

FIipMode

KZ2 MP > KZ3 MP

My thoughts as well.

Only thing I miss was heavy weight feeling. Im glad the spawn greanade is gone from kz2. Matches woul usally turn in a giant cluster **** with all the spawn granades. I also hated the leveling system in kz2 that made you do anoying task in order to get other skills. Also im about done with SP and I must say I dont get the story hate. Its the same level as cod. Basicly nothing amazing but it isint god awful.

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3766 FIipMode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V04FDWj2TNE&hd=1

Has this been posted?

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3767 FIipMode

[QUOTE="FIipMode"]

[QUOTE="Orchid87"] KZ2 MP > KZ3 MPfinalfantasy94

My thoughts as well.

Only thing I miss was heavy weight feeling. Im glad the spawn greanade is gone from kz2. Matches woul usally turn in a giant cluster **** with all the spawn granades. I also hated the leveling system in kz2 that made you do anoying task in order to get other skills. Also im about done with SP and I must say I dont get the story hate. Its the same level as cod. Basicly nothing amazing but it isint god awful.

What I really miss is switching class abilities. I miss being able to put 'Spot & Mark' on any class I wanted to find invisible snipers or using health packs as a secondary ability.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3768 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="FIipMode"] My thoughts as well.

FIipMode

What I really miss is switching class abilities. I miss being able to put 'Spot & Mark' on any class I wanted to find invisible snipers or using health packs as a secondary ability.

Oh yea I forgot you could do that. Its just I only used medic class and skillsI forgot it exisited:P.

mD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3769 mD-
Member since 2005 • 4314 Posts

I haven't had much time to play the online on this. The campaingn has actually been a lot of fun though. I believe that I'm close to finishing the game. There is much more variety than in KZ2 and the story isn't TERRIBLE as reviews suggested. I've seen that everyone is hating the ending and I'm probably going to hate it to.

Weird_Jerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3770 Weird_Jerk
Member since 2010 • 646 Posts

I haven't had much time to play the online on this. The campaingn has actually been a lot of fun though. I believe that I'm close to finishing the game. There is much more variety than in KZ2 and the story isn't TERRIBLE as reviews suggested. I've seen that everyone is hating the ending and I'm probably going to hate it to.

mD-

The online is bad. :( Campers are everywhere, and there are too many one-way alleys, so you can't flank them or get behind them --they'll just LMG your face in or brutal melee you if you try and advance them head on.

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3771 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts
The lack of a server list, as well as customization of online matches really bothers me. The only game mode I find tolerable is Operations, since unlike Warzone people actually try to get the objectives completed. Guerrilla Warfare is cool too, but it's just a total fragfest. The faster controls IMO provoke people in Warzone to just run and gun instead of accomplishing objectives. I miss Killzone 2 mp already. On the plus side, GG got rid of rocket spam, but made the machine guns too overpowered. Starting yesterday I've been rolling as an engineer and I always top the list in terms of kills and KDR.
Weird_Jerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3772 Weird_Jerk

The lack of a server list, as well as customization of online matches really bothers me. The only game mode I find tolerable is Operations, since unlike Warzone people actually try to get the objectives completed. Guerrilla Warfare is cool too, but it's just a total fragfest. The faster controls IMO provoke people in Warzone to just run and gun instead of accomplishing objectives. I miss Killzone 2 mp already. On the plus side, GG got rid of rocket spam, but made the machine guns too overpowered. Starting yesterday I've been rolling as an engineer and I always top the list in terms of kills and KDR.shakmaster13

Yeah, I've been playing KZ2 almost religiously after KZ3 hit because of how bad it is. To remove rocket spamming, all I did was join a game with "custom weapons" (without rockets), and I was smooth sailing. Oh my, Killzone 2 MP ****s all over KZ3 online. They coupled faster controls, which like you said promotes running and fragging on Warzone instead of completing objectives, with horrible little crevices to hide in and camp from. It's just not my style, I guess. I'm not sure if I'll even look back at KZ3 after playing KZ2 this much.

The campaign also imo was not enough to keep the game for. I *shockingly* even enjoyed the campaign more in KZ2. The dark areas and shooting mechanics felt much more powerful, each bullet penetrating an enemy and giving them almost a unique death. The explosions also cannot be forgotton :P In almost every room you could throw a grenade in and watch wood, metal, crates, plaster, smoke, and garbage fly around the room. I miss that, too :( There seemed to me to be much less going on on screen than in KZ2. Maybe it's just me.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3773 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="mD-"]

Weird_Jerk

The online is bad. :( Campers are everywhere, and there are too many one-way alleys, so you can't flank them or get behind them --they'll just LMG your face in or brutal melee you if you try and advance them head on.

Im sorry but I cant agree with this at all. Iv played 7+ hrs of online and have yet to run into campers everywhere. If you want an example of really bad camping play cod.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3774 finalfantasy94

mD-

The online is great. There are some things I miss from KZ2 like weight with guns. Though I dont experiance camping.I thankfully dont experancespaming of rockets and grenades and the spawn greanadeslike KZ2 had. So things feel a little less crazy and more fun. Also I just beat the game and yea the ending was dumb. Though the whole sp experiance was fun and the story was no where near as bad as GS said.

spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3775 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

[QUOTE="mD-"]

Weird_Jerk

That 's not true at all the only map that has campers is the jet pack one.

Weird_Jerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3776 Weird_Jerk

[QUOTE="Weird_Jerk"]

[QUOTE="mD-"]

spookykid143

That 's not true at all the only map that has campers is the jet pack one.

Play Guerrilla Warfare. Since launch day, I guess it's decreased a little. Pyrrhus Crater, the jetpack level, and the Highway level are/were infested with campers. Pyrrhus crater is the worst though, and that's not only bad on GW; it is just as bad on Warzone. It certainly is true and I've played a lot of KZ3, but I'm growing pretty sick of it. Operations and some Warzone maps, such as the updated Salamun Market are the only maps I've really had little problems with camping. I'm waiting for that patch chalked full of fixes.