Killzone 3D - Enter the HYPEzone - Gamespot 8.5-Keep it here or face suspension!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 0

#201 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49584 Posts

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Lot of work went into this, definitely deserve some props, but three months before the game comes out? Business of early hype threads is rather strange but nevertheless, I'm going to go with AA.djsifer01
KZ3 has improved in every possible way from KZ2, how can you call AA? Oh thats right, the PS3 hater is shinning through. What i real dont get about you is, the PS3 has some of the best games this gen. How can you hate a console with games as good as the PS3 has if your a gamer?

Mmm. Delicious. Improvement? How large of an improvement over Killzone 2. From what I've seen, not much. I didn't find Killzone 2 to be anything noteworthy. I didn't believe that hype, if you know what I mean.But if predicting the PS3 will geta great game is hating then I must have entered the twilight zone -- I must have really been hating on the Wii this year when I hype a few games getting AA. But a Las, as the good ol' dog GIF states: deal with it. (Can't link it unfortunately, limited onmy phone)Mmm. But Sorry, had to grab a new jar if you know what I mean, my other ones were filled up already yet more keeps flooding in, I just can't keep up!. I love it. :D

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#202 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

[QUOTE="djsifer01"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Lot of work went into this, definitely deserve some props, but three months before the game comes out? Business of early hype threads is rather strange but nevertheless, I'm going to go with AA.Stevo_the_gamer

KZ3 has improved in every possible way from KZ2, how can you call AA? Oh thats right, the PS3 hater is shinning through. What i real dont get about you is, the PS3 has some of the best games this gen. How can you hate a console with games as good as the PS3 has if your a gamer?

Mmm. Delicious. Improvement? How large of an improvement over Killzone 2. From what I've seen, not much. I didn't find Killzone 2 to be anything noteworthy. I didn't believe that hype, if you know what I mean.But if predicting the PS3 will geta great game is hating then I must have entered the twilight zone -- I must have really been hating on the Wii this year when I hype a few games getting AA. But a Las, as the good ol' dog GIF states: deal with it. (Can't link it unfortunately, limited onmy phone)Mmm. But Sorry, had to grab a new jar if you know what I mean, my other ones were filled up already yet more keeps flooding in, I just can't keep up!. I love it. :D

love your sig bro :lol:
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#203 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts

[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"]

[QUOTE="Vader993"]

Killzone 3 Beta - Brutal Melee Analysis

interesting vid i found

Vader993

Melee in KZ has always been a pleasant contrast to other FPSs. Especially games like Black Ops (don't get me started on Commando in MW2! :P), where the lunging / magnetic attraction is very annoying and unbalanced. I wish the normal gun butts would take 2 hits to kill a target, like KZ2, instead of 1 though.

or they could do this your opponent must be damaged to be killed by a melee

Yeah, I was thinking the same. I like how melee is handled in Reach. It's similar to KZ3, but it takes to gun butts to kill and enemy. And there's lunging, but it's not as bad as other games like Black Ops.

Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts

woooownice thread .

TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 TintedEyes
Member since 2009 • 4769 Posts
Legendary thread man, its getting AAA.
Bazooka_4ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Bazooka_4ME
Member since 2008 • 2540 Posts
This thread should heal up some injuries from GT5's damage... :lol: Anyway, here's still hoping they keep the aiming from KZ2 to KZ3. Some n00bs really need to start playing more challenging games.
Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts
Hopefully the 3D in KZ3 is better than it is in GT5. Heard good things about it
FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#208 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts
[QUOTE="Bazooka_4ME"]This thread should heal up some injuries from GT5's damage... :lol: Anyway, here's still hoping they keep the aiming from KZ2 to KZ3. Some n00bs really need to start playing more challenging games.

Nah it's changed, more emphasis on aiming down sights, no real need to burst fire anymore like in KZ2, spraying does the job since there is less recoil and people die faster than in Killzone 2.
Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Vader993
Member since 2010 • 7533 Posts

[QUOTE="Vader993"]

[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"]

Melee in KZ has always been a pleasant contrast to other FPSs. Especially games like Black Ops (don't get me started on Commando in MW2! :P), where the lunging / magnetic attraction is very annoying and unbalanced. I wish the normal gun butts would take 2 hits to kill a target, like KZ2, instead of 1 though.

Episode_Eve

or they could do this your opponent must be damaged to be killed by a melee

Yeah, I was thinking the same. I like how melee is handled in Reach. It's similar to KZ3, but it takes to gun butts to kill and enemy. And there's lunging, but it's not as bad as other games like Black Ops.

not logical either,i can't understand how a simple riflebutt attack kills a grown man

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
love your sig bro :lol: Dead-Memories
Not everyone loves it though... :P
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
ugghhh lems are on a roll these days anyways, are you gonna make a Swag 2 union?
Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Vader993

''What we're trying to do with this one is to stretch our legs more and show not necessarily both sides of the equation of why this war is going on, but show that there's a face behind the mask," said Michael Graham, Associate Producer at Sony Santa Monica. ". The Helghast are there and they have this iconic image, but at this point in time, it's always been Emperor Visari as the only un-helmeted Helghast you saw so it was tough to actually view the opponents you're fighting during the course of the franchise as an actual human type entity. We're really stretching out legs and learning how to progress our story telling technique and we're able to tell a more humanistic story – both from the ISA (Interplanetary Strategic Alliance) side and being able to give a glimpse as to what's going on in the Helghast's government structure with this enigmatic leader Visari having been killed."

''The goal for the team at Guerilla Games and Sony was clear from the start, to make this a much more balanced and much more cinematic entry in the long running first person shooter series. Yes, you'll still mow down a ton of enemy soldiers – but now, they're not just faceless enemies, we actually get to learn about their world and motivations, a perplexing idea when the characters in question are so clearly inspired by Nazi forces. "So it's not necessarily seeing both sides of the coin, but you're definitely seeing more motivation and what's going on behind the scenes with the helghast to make them more relatable."

its nice to see guerilla games improving the storytelling of the kz series

http://blastmagazine.com/2010/12/02/all-access-killzone-3/

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Episode_Eve

ugghhh lems are on a roll these days anyways, are you gonna make a Swag 2 union?Giancar

Yeah, look at the "SWAG" section of the "Extras"! It's actually a reboot, more than a sequel :P.

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#214 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

''What we're trying to do with this one is to stretch our legs more and show not necessarily both sides of the equation of why this war is going on, but show that there's a face behind the mask," said Michael Graham, Associate Producer at Sony Santa Monica. ". The Helghast are there and they have this iconic image, but at this point in time, it's always been Emperor Visari as the only un-helmeted Helghast you saw so it was tough to actually view the opponents you're fighting during the course of the franchise as an actual human type entity. We're really stretching out legs and learning how to progress our story telling technique and we're able to tell a more humanistic story – both from the ISA (Interplanetary Strategic Alliance) side and being able to give a glimpse as to what's going on in the Helghast's government structure with this enigmatic leader Visari having been killed."

''The goal for the team at Guerilla Games and Sony was clear from the start, to make this a much more balanced and much more cinematic entry in the long running first person shooter series. Yes, you'll still mow down a ton of enemy soldiers – but now, they're not just faceless enemies, we actually get to learn about their world and motivations, a perplexing idea when the characters in question are so clearly inspired by Nazi forces. "So it's not necessarily seeing both sides of the coin, but you're definitely seeing more motivation and what's going on behind the scenes with the helghast to make them more relatable."

its nice to see guerilla games improving the storytelling of the kz series

Link

Vader993
honestly, screw the story, or rather, screw the single player altogether. killzone 3 should be a multiplayer focused experience first and foremost imo.
Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Vader993

LOOK AT WHAT I FOUND

it turn out guerilla is fixing the errors in the beta

We want to start off by thanking you for contributing to a successful Public Beta Trial so far. So here goes: "THANK YOU!"

Seriously, thank you for all the time you have spent playing the Beta. Thank you for your honest and sometimes brutal feedback. Thank you for all the creative, workable and sometimes unimaginable, but fun, suggestions. Between all the Devs, we have read all of them and responded to half as many as we would have liked.

Thank you, because we now have what we need. Actually, we have received so much feedback, suggestions and bugs, that the general discussion part of the forum has served its purpose and has been closed. There is enough info on there to make six Killzone games, not just one. We know what your opinions are; we know what you think should be altered or different altogether. And we know what we need to focus on to make Killzone 3 all it can be when it launches in February 2011!

During this Beta we've had a good mix of participants to help us out: people who were new to the franchise, but also a lot of hardcore Killzone 2 veterans. To those of you in the latter group, please know that we recognize your share in keeping the Killzone community alive and bringing new players to the game. We appreciate your continued support and feedback. Your comments on features such as Matchmaking, Controls, Server lists (or Custom Games) and Tactical Spawn Areas (or Spawn grenades) have been most valuable.

And while we may not be able to implement every suggestion you've offered (for instance we can't "…just implement Killzone 2 spawn grenades-code" – that's just not how it works!) that doesn't mean that we aren't listening to you. Your comments and suggestions form the basis for the changes we are currently making to Killzone 3, along with your bug reports and telemetry data from the game.

While it's impossible to specify every fix, update and change that we are working on, the game is already in a much better state than what you are playing now. We would have loved to bring all of these changes to you via additional patches, but this would have taken us a lot of time that we've chosen to spend on development, fixes and tweaks instead. We will continue to incorporate your feedback up until launch, so the next time you see Killzone 3 it will be a much-improved experience.

We have already improved on a number of things that you listed. These are just a few:

• Matchmaking improvements - lots and ongoing

• Tactical Spawn Areas - functionality and additional TSA's where needed

• Weapon damage, recoil and range

• Weapon distribution over careers

• Added Weapons

• Exo's - count, health regeneration and damage

• Spawn camping

• Career Abilities (like Recon)

• HUD icons, readability, options

• Tweaked turrets, sentries and drones

• Running speed, stamina tweaks

• Player health

Finally, it's important to note that we're nearing the end of the Public Beta Trial. We do not know exactly when the beta will shut down yet. But somewhere in the next couple of weeks the online service will be discontinued. The good news is that you will still be able to play and practice in Botzone after the Beta ends.

The Bug Section will be still open to report bugs. So you can still report issues. Also, don't be afraid to use theSurveywe've set up.

In the meantime, have fun with the Beta. And be nice to the new people coming on board! We hope to see you all in February 2011.

http://community.killzone.com/t5/Killzone-3-PS3/GG-Says-THANK-YOU-MUST-READ/td-p/559623

Deathtransit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Deathtransit
Member since 2007 • 3086 Posts
I have to admit this epic hype thread has increased my hype for this game. :)
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
AAAE for me...loved everything about the first (besides the controls)
inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#218 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

wow, impressive hype thread! Well done! You need a poll though ;) .

Im thinking Killzone 3 will not get as good a response from the critics, but will still score well, Im going to go with an 8.5/9.0

Urworstnhtmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#219 Urworstnhtmare
Member since 2008 • 2630 Posts

The effort put into this is incredible.

KZ3 looks set to be mean.

emperorzhang66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 emperorzhang66
Member since 2009 • 1483 Posts
1-2 players offline :O ok i'm getting a ps3 just for this again.
FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 FIipMode
I have to admit this epic hype thread has increased my hype for this game. :)Deathtransit
Same, I'm actually looking forward to the single player.
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#222 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

Just got back from Gamestop and pre-ordered and paid KZ3 off while I was there. I'll go ahead and be brave and say it gets a 9.5.

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
Wow this is just amazing, the best thread.
johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
Is this the hype thread?
Szminsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Szminsky
Member since 2005 • 1471 Posts

Probably the best hype thread in the history of gamespot... and I've been here since 2003/4. Well done TC!

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#226 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

I forgot to mention that this is a fantastic thread. Well done indeed, sir.

Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Vader993

Is this the hype thread?johny300

no its a hypezone8)

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#228 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
I dont trust Guerrila games.So even though this does look great (move and 3d,which i have) im still not sure.Guerrila does not have any good writers,most of the dialoug is straight up swearing from the @$$.It killed the game for me. It had the worst characters in the game,i hated all of them.Especially Sev,Natko,Rico,Garza,General,ScholarVisari,soldiers,lady and some stupid ISA soldiers. MP was tad boring,just not my thing. I guess the only shooters i like is Resistance,B0rderlands and Bioshock(Single Player ONLY!!!)
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts
I dont trust Guerrila games.So even though this does look great (move and 3d,which i have) im still not sure.Guerrila does not have any good writers,most of the dialoug is straight up swearing from the @$$.It killed the game for me.Ratchet_Fan8
Guerilla said the swearing will be toned down in this installment.
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
[QUOTE="Ratchet_Fan8"]I dont trust Guerrila games.So even though this does look great (move and 3d,which i have) im still not sure.Guerrila does not have any good writers,most of the dialoug is straight up swearing from the @$$.It killed the game for me.nervmeister

If you get to kill Rico, it might just be the best game next year.
Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Ratchet_Fan8
[QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="Ratchet_Fan8"]If you get to kill Rico, it might just be the best game next year.Stevo_the_gamer
If you get to kill sev (I'd rather have another NATHAN!) then it would be GOTY,Halo killer,best moment of the year. Also your sig is a big kick in da balls! :P
[QUOTE="Ratchet_Fan8"]I dont trust Guerrila games.So even though this does look great (move and 3d,which i have) im still not sure.Guerrila does not have any good writers,most of the dialoug is straight up swearing from the @$$.It killed the game for me.nervmeister

But the horrible,uninteresting,crappy ugly characters still remain in the game
gamerfan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 gamerfan85
Member since 2009 • 652 Posts

Killzone 3 + PS Move + THIS = can't wait

Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Vader993

[QUOTE="TREAL_Since"]

Reserved

OK ITS SAFE TO POST :).

RavenLoud

"1-2 players offline" MIND = BLOWN

almost forgot that's not official,kz3 having splitscreen

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Episode_Eve

[QUOTE="RavenLoud"][QUOTE="TREAL_Since"]

Reserved

OK ITS SAFE TO POST :).

Vader993

"1-2 players offline" MIND = BLOWN

almost forgot that's not official,kz3 having splitscreen

Yeah, that was a "leaked" photo of the game specs. I hope it makes it in, but don't take it as concrete yet. I'll tell Treal to edit it out for now!

Also, Vader, I read GG's report the other night :). Very good to hear!

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Episode_Eve

Found this on Gaf!

Apparently, we get to take out (and possibly board?) that giant-ass robot :P. Could this be the "boss on top of a boss" that Guerrilla was referring to? They said they looked at God Of War 3, and that specific interaction is what inspired them.

Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Vader993

holy **** good find, guerilla games wasn't kidding when they ment larger set pieces:shock:

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#237 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
As a KZ fan ( I liked 1, LOVED 2 and Liberation) I am Psyched for 3!!! I hope I get to play it before getting shipped out with the Army!
SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#238 SPBoss
Member since 2009 • 3746 Posts

Killzone 3 + PS Move + THIS = can't wait

gamerfan85
That thing is lame lol, novitec falcon is a much better controller
shutdown_202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 shutdown_202
Member since 2005 • 5649 Posts

I really reccommend people read Killzone backstory. I read it earlier in the year and its very interesting stuff. I gurantee it'll make you like the Helghast a bit more.

On another note, ive been playing KZ2 (online) alot over the past few months and does anyone else here think the game gets worse as you rank up? I felt that games were alot better at the lower ranks, but with the higher ones (playing with higher people) you start seeing spys, alot more drones, alot more turrets and more rushing. Im sure there are people that like that but to me it just made the game really random.

Does anyone else hope we get another Visari speech? Yeah he's dead but it wouldnt be Killzone without one. Always gets me pumped whenever i hear it playing during start up.

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Ratchet_Fan8

Found this on Gaf!

Apparently, we get to take out (and possibly board?) that giant-ass robot :P. Could this be the "boss on top of a boss" that Guerrilla was referring to? They said they looked at God Of War 3, and that specific interaction is what inspired them.

Episode_Eve

wow a sentence sppoken by an ISA troop that didnt swear! :o

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
The brutal melee moves look really awesome, hmm you know I will only buy KZ3 if the SP experience is varied and on par with Uncharted 2 or GOW3. Or if the game gets a 10, lol.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#242 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
My hype: The single player will suck, but the multiplayer should be fun. Score Prediction: 9.0/ AAA
FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 FIipMode

Here is another picture from that big boss battle Eve posted,

http://www.nextgn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/photo.jpg

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts

WOAH! I'm back in town to find so many posts. Thanks to everyone for your admiration for the thread and of course your anticipation for the game!

I spent a good amount of time on it, but it wasn't strenuous. If something is a hobby of yours you'll find that spending time on it goes by in an instant. I love photoshop and always thought I'd have a great chance with the Ironshop competition on Gamespot. Sadly, I don't have the time and I'm busy with personal projects and work for clients.

I personally like this more than the Halo Reach thread I put together. Its no secret that I like Killzone more, but that's not the reason. I think this one looks better overall. But unlike Bungie, Guerrilla Games doesn't really give information on their game. You have to hunt for pics and details yourself. I commend Bungie for the order in which they reveal their games. They are great at keeping up excitement for their games by systematically giving us juicy info leading to release.

---

As for the game... I predict AAA 9.0.

Multiplayer: Has become the bread and butter of the franchise. MP will be more accessible while providing some crazy action and depth. After playing the beta I see there are many things they need to change and improve. Luckily, they've already addressed 80% them!

Single player: Will surprise us. I'm sure of it. No... it probably won't be able to stand alone as a single player only game. The new mechanics, bigger environments, more focus on story, and variety in objectives will make it leagues beyond what KZ2 was. I'm a fortune teller like some of you may know. My predictions just about always come to reality lol.

PiGsCaNFIy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 PiGsCaNFIy
Member since 2010 • 92 Posts

what was some of the bad things about the beta anyone?

i didn't try any killzone games yet, but im looking forward to this one so can you tell me some of its flaws?

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#246 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
Awesome thread, I love KZ2 so I'm pretty hyped for this. In fact, I think I'll go play it later thanks to this thread.
_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

i really really love these hype threads made by anti hype created by hype to create hype to deliver hype i love it but wheres the poll hmmm

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts

what was some of the bad things about the beta anyone?

i didn't try any killzone games yet and going to look forward to this one but want to know some of the flaws.

PiGsCaNFIy

Weapons were unbalanced. The ISA LMG was overpowered with no recoil. The SMG had no recoil. Tactician's Recon ability detected people through walls. There were too few Tactical Spawn Areas on the map. Base raping with the Exo suit. Various career abilities were unbalanced.

They address all of these issues along with a bunch of bugs. The feedback from the Beta was insane and they have enough info and wishes from the community to make 4 more Killzone games lol. This is why betas are VERY important!

Oh, I'll be adding a poll in about 30 seconds lol. Thanks for the reminder I love the smell of troll odor in the morning mmmmm!

Bazooka_4ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Bazooka_4ME
Member since 2008 • 2540 Posts

Found this on Gaf!

Apparently, we get to take out (and possibly board?) that giant-ass robot :P. Could this be the "boss on top of a boss" that Guerrilla was referring to? They said they looked at God Of War 3, and that specific interaction is what inspired them.Episode_Eve

I hope it's not as linear as the Leviathan fight in Resistance 2

windsquid9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 windsquid9000
Member since 2009 • 3206 Posts

[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"]

Found this on Gaf!

ImageShack, share photos, pictures, free image hosting, free video hosting, image hosting, video hosting, photo image hosting site, video hosting site

Ratchet_Fan8

wow a sentence sppoken by an ISA troop that didnt swear! :o

Fix'd :P

Anyway, KZ3 sounds pretty interesting