June is do or die for Iwata and the Wii U

• 138 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#51  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

Nintendo has much bigger problems. They need a better platform and more games and more types of games. They also need better online gaming. I look at it like this. You give a better looking woman more chances and a ugly woman has no chance. Nintendo is looking meh. Unless the price is low I won't touch it. Similar to how a meh woman only has a shot if your drunk and she has the knee pads.

Nintendo needs to get sexy and stop with the just for kids stuff.

Okay, I can give you the better online. But why should they stop the "kids" stuff when those are the kinds of the games they succeed most at, nevermind the fact that their leading three franchises have that appeal (plus some not as, but still fairly popular stuff like Kirby and Donkey Kong)? As long as Mario/Zelda/Pokemon still exist, that will never go away even if they publish more adult games on the side. The only way to get rid of it is to KILL those IP's and even that would cause a s***storm (the loss of three sci-fi IP's, one action-adventure, one racer, and one shooter is bad enough, we don't need anymore controversies).

Besides that, Nintendo appealing to a "hardcore" adult audience almost NEVER worked. The only success was in the N64 era with Rare (and considering the PlayStation's bigger success with that sudience, that isn't saying too much). Everything after that fell hard (although I doubt Eternal Darkness would be successful on PS2 and XBOX, considering Silent Hill and Resident Evil were far more popular) and is why Nintendo has since refused to go that far until Bayonetta 2 was announced (and that in itself is not working for them thanks to what happened the DAY it was announced, which was BEFORE the Wii U even released with all the "underpowered" complaints, needless to say, the controversy over THAT game still goes on). Which pretty much gives me a reason to think much of the "hardcore" adult audience NEVER cared for Nintendo in the slightest outside of one developer that no longer works with them.

Nintendo never wanted these games to work IMO. They also never gave 3rd party games a fair shot either. Hence most of the content seems made for kids.

Yeah, they didn't want the likes of Eternal Darkness, Geist, and Bayonetta 2 to work, that's why they... poured funding into them. Seriously, if they didn't then they wouldn't have bothered to have touched those games.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#52 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

As opposed to quality-of-life--having their resources shifted to something that's not related to gaming at all? That to me defines selling out and is the worst possible outcome. Selling out of games into another area entirely, simply for profit. Thing being, Iwata, through his shortsightedness, stubbornness, cluelessness, and inaction throughout the years has allowed Nintendo to get into the position where mobile gaming is now being heavily pressured by investors, and yet people somehow believe that this man that's led the company to this point will somehow prevent them from executing on this direction he forced by his own incompetence because he's the "ultimate gaming CEO, he is a developer and holds pure gaming values" or some other nonsense.

Iwata and his poor leadership have backed Nintendo into a corner and left it with few options, and that could've been avoided if he knew what he was doing and kept on top of things in the past. But he didn't. He sat on his ass and let Nintendo become complacent to fall so behind. He let it stall.

Personally, I'd prefer to have Nintendo begin to develop on mobile than avert its attention and resources to some non-wearable health oriented fiasco that really has nothing to do with gaming whatsoever. Do you think that if QoL is wildly successful that Nintendo won't radically shift its attention off of games and put the majority of their effort behind it? This is what Iwata wants. He doesn't give a shit about gaming, he cares about profit, and in my eyes he is the definition of a sellout. I want him gone ASAFP, he is a danger to everything Nintendo represents and is seriously damaging the brand.

About QoL: You DO realize that Nintendo has moved from industry to industry, right (Hanafuda Cards, Love Hotels, Toys)? They did all that under the Yamauchi name. I surely won't buy anything related to QoL, but if Nintendo falls back from gaming and goes to that, then so be it (not like gaming's going to go anywhere with them gone, but even if that happens, again, so be it). Let THAT part of history repeat itself, not commit an act that's pretty much asking them to pull corporate suicide. It's better that happens than stay in gaming and go on systems with audiences that just don't care about what Nintendo would bring to their systems (as long as the likes of Activision/Bethesda/Capcom/EA/Square Enix/Ubisoft/Rockstar are still around and as long as there is more appeal for Sony/MS' first/second party offerings) AND the risk of quality going straight to hell.

A little dramatic, but people have to remember their handheld is still doing well, if QoL takes off they may just drop their console & run with handheld & QoL so its not like they're gonna drop gaming altogether. :p

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#53 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

Would be too early to pull the plug, and the damage doing so would do to the companies name brand would be long lasting and devastating. Even if it is a low seller with few worthy games it's better they see it through than turn tail.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

@MirkoS77: They went out of their way to clarify that qol isn't going to shift their focus away from gaming yet we're still getting posts like this

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 nintendoboy16

@Shinobishyguy said:

@MirkoS77: They went out of their way to clarify that qol isn't going to shift their focus away from gaming yet we're still getting posts like this

To be honest though, I recall Nintendo saying they'd still support the GBA even if the DS is released. Heck, GameCube had late projects in development by Nintendo, but those moved on to the Wii. And the fact that Nintendo has moved businesses before, I wouldn't say Mirko is THAT far off, as much as I disagree with the guy.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#56 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

"Do or die" for the Wii U has already passed. That needs to go away, along with the idea that Nintendo will pull a Sega and drop the Wii U early in favor of releasing new band-aid hardware.

Iwata has been in the hot seat since Wii U launched. It shouldn't come as a surprise that his position is in danger.

YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 YearoftheSnake5

@no-scope-AK47 said:

Nintendo never wanted these games to work IMO. They also never gave 3rd party games a fair shot either. Hence most of the content seems made for kids.

That has to be the stupidest thing I've read on here in quite some time.

Ohhhh yeah, Nintendo just wanted to burn millions of development dollars for the hell of it. Nobody does that. You develop a game so that it will make you money. It doesn't always work out, though.

Please THINK!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

because people don't know how fun it is..

lol

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Shinobishyguy

@nintendoboy16: them shifting platforms doesn't equate to them shifting away from gaming entierly. Thats a massive leap of logic

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#60 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Never, ever will that happen. Keep dreaming fanboy.

Search your feelings, you know it be true.

That cracked me up.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 nintendoboy16

@Shinobishyguy said:

@nintendoboy16: them shifting platforms doesn't equate to them shifting away from gaming entierly. Thats a massive leap of logic

But, like I also said, Nintendo switched businesses before (and it's better that than the other option).

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#62 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

Just fire or demote Iwata already.

The big question is is where will Nintendo go with him gone? Just because a bad leader is off his throne, doesn't mean we won't get another. You can bet if investors get their way of having him gone, they'll get a CEO that will sell Nintendo out in a heartbeat.

They would be right. I would put games on pc,and smart phones(driod/iphone).

You want Nintendo to turn into Square Enix and Capcom, who a good chunk of gamers HATE for their iOS support? Besides, just because YOU want it, doesn't mean it's the best thing for them (or the industry).

The "industry" is changing you can embrace it or be left behind. Right now Nintendo is waayyy behind and they need to improvise adapt and overcome or they will die. Right now Nintendo is stuck and scared of the current market. They want things to stay like they were in the good old days. They seem clueless about what the internet means and it shows in their products and message.

Then you look at Sony and what they did with the ps4. It has 4k video support with dd/dts 7.2 surround and will get VR support. The ps4 also has a game streaming service in the pipe. Sony also changed consoles with psn plus. It also has strong indie and 3rd party support. Sony also has great 1st party games with the most exclusives. This all from the strongest console at a great price point.

All this did not just happen over night these were choices made with a eye on the future and where gaming is headed. Nintendo IMO is better off as a 3rd party. 3rd parties just make games they don't have to worry about building a platform or online infrastructure.

A lot of what you said about the PS4 is simply untrue and a lot of it is completely irrelevant. It doesn't matter if the PS4 has 4k video support when 4k videos are all but nonexistent and almost nobody has a 4k tv. The game streaming service is going to be available on tvs, phones, and pcs. That's like having Netflix. PSN+ is the most unappealing aspect of the PS4. The PS4 currently has the least exclusives of all of the next-gen consoles and it is looking like that will be the case for at least a couple more years. You might think the price point of the console is great, but when you add the annual fee, the only console ever released that has cost more than the PS4 is the Xbone.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Shinobishyguy

@nintendoboy16: how long ago was that exactly? Do you think video games were as big of a business back then compared to now? Do you seriously think nintendo will pass up the empire they've built for themselves?

steamistrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#64 steamistrash
Member since 2014 • 431 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

TWO FUCKED COPANYS=SUPER FUCKED

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By nintendoboy16

@Shinobishyguy said:

@nintendoboy16: how long ago was that exactly? Do you think video games were as big of a business back then compared to now? Do you seriously think nintendo will pass up the empire they've built for themselves?

You never know. Considering at this point, people consider Sony to have taken over this "empire". Obviously, I don't want Nintendo out of gaming, but I'm picking a better poison (I've said this to Mirko and I'll say this to you, it's not like gaming's going to go anywhere with Nintendo gone). It may have been years since they've switched businesses, but don't act like they won't do it again.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 nintendoboy16

@chronoschris said:

@FoxbatAlpha:

@Gaming-Planet said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Gross.

Mario isn't going near with you brodudes.

Indeed, xboners would treat Nintendo franchises like garbage as would Microsoft themselves. Although Nintendo still does have a alternative if they ever decide to quit the console business. Playstation gamers will welcome them with open arms and treat them with respect they deserve.

lol NO! :| (I need a gif of that)

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Shinobishyguy

@nintendoboy16: as long as there's an audience for mario, pokemon, zelda etc nintendo is going to stay in gaming. They're stubborn but not stupid to throw all that money away on some unproven qol venture

Avatar image for deactivated-57d7734d3cfbd
deactivated-57d7734d3cfbd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#69 deactivated-57d7734d3cfbd
Member since 2004 • 2356 Posts

Good luck to 'em.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By nintendoboy16

@Shinobishyguy said:

@nintendoboy16: as long as there's an audience for mario, pokemon, zelda etc nintendo is going to stay in gaming. They're stubvorn but not stupid to throw all that money away on some unproven qol venture

Even though they did stupid things before? Where will all that Mario/Zelda/Pokemon demand go IF they do drop hardware? It would take time before they would perform an exit like that, you know.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Shinobishyguy

@nintendoboy16: exactly, if theres money to be made in gaming they aren't going to exit. The qol will just be making them money on the side

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@nini200 said:

This album sold millions though. Po Pimp is still a highly regarded classic

Damn lol, beat me to it... good work.

Lol

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#73  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

It's more likely they would side with Sony honestly or go Full Multiplatform. I just don't see an xbox acquisition every happening particularly in part to Japanese business laws, no matter how sorry the state of Microsoft's 1st part is.

hotdiddykong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#74 hotdiddykong
Member since 2007 • 2099 Posts

@Shinobishyguy:

What do you expect from a community that does nothing but want Nintendo to die? Nintendo never gets respect no matter what they do and when they do what people want, people just become arrogant and blab about wanting said games on their consoles.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Nintendo's biggest problem is one of inflated expectations. The Wii sold 100 million units, so investors look to them for another 100 million unit platform, when the expectations should be closer to the 20-30 million range achieved by their two previous consoles. The Wii was a gimmick-driven cultural phenomenon, and unfortunately companies can't just dial one of those up on command. Unfortunately, its success has skewed the perception of Nintendo's prospects in the console arena and inflated its stock price.

It also inflated Nintendo's expenditures. With the money pouring in from the Wii (and money printing DS), Nintendo grew the payroll of its studios and spent considerable sums on R&D for products that gave little return on investment, or were canned all together. Thus, the Nintendo that could remain profitable in the Gamecube era now needs a diet to return to profitability.

The WiiU isn't going to turn around into a contender this gen. Nintendo may never even sniff the install base off the Wii with a home console ever again. With expectations and expenditures in line however, Nintendo can be a profitable company with a modest WiiU install base and its juggernaut handheld business.

...Of course, if investors Could pressure Nintendo into dropping out of the home console hardware business, I'd be all for it. Console hardware in the best circumstances isn't much of a revenue generator, and the software royalties they collect on third party games has become less and less of a factor to their bottom line, for obvious reasons. Can you imagine the sales boost a Nintendo free to peddle their iconic franchises on other platforms would receive by expanding their potential audience from the few million on their current hardware, to a couple hundred million gamers on 7th and/or 8th gen hardware down the line? And nothing about such an arrangement would preclude Nintendo from maintaining their wildly successful handheld business, reaping all the benefits of platform ownership in an arena where no one has ever mounted a serious challenge to them, thereby giving them more ability to dictate terms. It's never going to happen with current Nintendo leadership, but I can certainly see it as a potential way forward if Nintendo is intent on growing revenues for shareholders in the future.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

@hotdiddykong said:

@Shinobishyguy:

What do you expect from a community that does nothing but want Nintendo to die? Nintendo never gets respect no matter what they do and when they do what people want, people just become arrogant and blab about wanting said games on their consoles.

How does wanting Nintendo games on more platforms equate to wanting Nintendo to die?

I know, System Wars and all that, but you guys are way too attached to what box your games go into.

hotdiddykong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By hotdiddykong

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Not in your life kid, Nintendo would rather leave the industry if they werent allowed to touch gaming like they had

hotdiddykong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 hotdiddykong

"and the Wii U"

Not really, the worst case scenario is Iwata getting fired, but the most biggest and most stupidest thing to ever happen is if he gets replaced by a moron who just wants to give in to those shitty share holders and go mobile.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#79 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@Capitan_Kid said:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/01/report-nintendo-president-satoru-iwata-faces-crucial-challenge/

Iwata thinks the Wii U isnt selling because people don't know how fun it is. Investors and shareholders want Ninty to do something with their IPs. Shit aint lookin good

There are other reasons to why the WiiU is not selling and I think Iwata already knows some of these reasons.And nintendo will be fine. in the long run.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#80 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

Well, they definitely need to show some new games. We already know we're going to see the new Zelda there, Retro Studios is working on something new so maybe we'll see that too, a new Metroid isn't out of the question, and then there's Miyamoto's new IP he's been busy with for the past year.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts

Doomed

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 nintendoboy16

@santoron said:

@hotdiddykong said:

@Shinobishyguy:

How does wanting Nintendo games on more platforms equate to wanting Nintendo to die?

I know, System Wars and all that, but you guys are way too attached to what box your games go into.

Do I have to repeat what I was saying in another argument again? Something I've said continually in past threads?

YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 YearoftheSnake5

@nintendoboy16 said:

Do I have to repeat what I was saying in another argument again? Something I've said continually in past threads?

It would be a good idea to have a text document handy with rebuttals for repeat arguments, if you haven't already. Saves time.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

No matter what, the outdated weak hardware of the Wii U and poor third party support and not having next gen engine games are not going to change.
Nintendo's aim was to replicate Wii but it backfired as the casuals and soccer moms have turned their backs to em.
They will give the same old cartoon kid orientated games for the kiddies and Nintendo fans, thats what they do.
Gaming is increasing on mobiles, not just on 3DS and Vita but the iOS and Android way

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

Why is Nintendo the one being held to high standards for E3? It's not like the other consoles have a robust line up already announced. MS and Sony are in same boat.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 PurpleMan5000
@DaBrainz said:

Why is Nintendo the one being held to high standards for E3? It's not like the other consoles have a robust line up already announced. MS and Sony are in same boat.

When you are the crown jewel of console gaming, you have certain expectations to live up to.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 nintendoboy16

@PurpleMan5000 said:
@DaBrainz said:

When you are the crown jewel of console gaming, you have certain expectations to live up to.

Yet, when they have history of disappointment to the point that it's hard to call them a "crown jewel", you'd THINK they'd drop the high expectations.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 PurpleMan5000

@nintendoboy16 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:
@DaBrainz said:

Yet, when they have history of disappointment to the point that it's hard to call them a "crown jewel", you'd THINK they'd drop the high expectations.

They are still the best by a wide margin, disappointments or no.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 PurpleMan5000

@speak_low said:

Actually, it was the past 2013 Holiday that was the final chance (by far the highest selling period of the year and most critical - and they still flopped).

The earliest adopters and casuals who were going to get the Wii U would've gotten it by now. Nintendo is waiting for some new crowd or late resurgence that will never show up.

They are losing billions now from this dead console, and have decided to pour billions more into a new QoL branch. Losing billions and spending billions more, and nothing coming in to compensate or even maintain financial equilibrium. Hard to believe that EA will almost have as much net worth as they do if this keeps up.

"Third party Nintendo" or even "Mobile gaming Nintendo" is one step closer and could be a reality in the next 5 years. Flood warning in lower parts of the East/West coast for Sheep tears when it happens

No one has shown any solution to the problem of where the income is coming from now or where (with certainty) it will come from in the next decade. I can show you the precise crippled areas where they are losing it though. And that's why there is no confidence in Nintendo being able to change things in the next decade. What hurts them now and even devastate them financially (and the constant dumb things they repeatedly do) will follow them forever. That's what they get for being slow, stubborn and unyielding and arrogant. They sowed the wrong seeds and ignored warnings for years - pathetic

If they die, they die.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

It's more likely they would side with Sony honestly or go Full Multiplatform. I just don't see an xbox acquisition every happening particularly in part to Japanese business laws, no matter how sorry the state of Microsoft's 1st part is.

Microsoft would just take alot of the first party games and scrap the rest. IMO.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#92  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19544 Posts

It's probably time for Iwata to hand over his position to a new CEO more in touch with the fans... Please understand.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Microsoft would just take alot of the first party games and scrap the rest. IMO.

What would MS even want with Nintendo IPs? They make very few 1st party games and any studios they acquire are often re-purposed or shut down.

They might add Mario into their routine because of his iconic and recognizable status, but Metroid, Zelda, DK, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, Kirby, and Pikmin have no place in MS's world.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#94  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@Sword-Demon said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

What would MS even want with Nintendo IPs? They make very few 1st party games and any studios they acquire are often re-purposed or shut down.

They might add Mario into their routine because of his iconic and recognizable status, but Metroid, Zelda, DK, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, Kirby, and Pikmin have no place in MS's world.

They need another team to work on Kinect games.

One way or another Rare will find it's way back to Nintendo!

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

@Jag85 said:

It's probably time for Iwata to hand over his position to a new CEO more in touch with the fans... Please understand.

somehow, I doubt the investors' choice for a replacement would be anymore in touch with the fans than Iwata is.

I don't want someone who will go mobile or 3rd party like the investors are proposing, I want someone who will bring back the Nintendo that everyone loved.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 FoxbatAlpha

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Sword-Demon said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

They need another team to work on Kinect games.

One way or another Rare will find it's way back to Nintendo!

Loading Video...

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 nintendoboy16

@Sword-Demon said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Chris Seavor (formerly of Rare) noted something funny about that.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 FoxbatAlpha

@nintendoboy16 said:

@Sword-Demon said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Chris Seavor (formerly of Rare) noted something funny about that.

I kinda remember something about that who DK debacle. You might want to check before you buy next time MS.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#99 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19544 Posts

@Sword-Demon said:

@Jag85 said:

somehow, I doubt the investors' choice for a replacement would be anymore in touch with the fans than Iwata is.

I don't want someone who will go mobile or 3rd party like the investors are proposing, I want someone who will bring back the Nintendo that everyone loved.

Yes, that's exactly what I mean about being in touch with the fans. Like the new Square Enix president said some days ago, if you keep chasing the casual riches at the expense of your core fanbase, you'll end up losing both in the process. Selling-out to mobile devices or going 3rd-party is not what most core Nintendo fans would want. To win back both their core fans, they just need to do for the Wii U what they did with the 3DS: develop a strong steady stream of quality titles and win back as much 3rd-party support as possible.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

That has to be the stupidest thing I've read on here in quite some time.

Ohhhh yeah, Nintendo just wanted to burn millions of development dollars for the hell of it. Nobody does that. You develop a game so that it will make you money. It doesn't always work out, though.

Please THINK!

Stupid is it then why has nintendo failed at selling 3rd party games on the n64,GC,wii and wii u ??

Do you think 3rd parties just hate nintendo if so then why???