Iwata: 3DS and Wii U Will Focus on Core Gamers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#101 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

[QUOTE="deangallop"][QUOTE="Zeviander"] Oh, the old "it's not new IP so it's not memorable" argument. I see, you don't have a problem with the games, just the fact that instead of coming up with an entirely new concept, Nintendo just utilizes a recognizable property to put all it's new ideas into. That's understandable, if it wasn't so stupid. Most games from this gen will be forgotten in 10 years. What people will remember the most from this gen is games like Super Mario Galaxy.Pikminmaniac

Funny because I would have to really scour my brain to recall 10 stages from either SMG and I've beaten both, and I'm not even saying they have to be new IPs they just have to be new enough for me to not have to feel like I've already played the same game before just with uglier graphics and few less gameplay quirks. The only reason anybody will remember SMG2 over any one of the games I listed (and many more) is because they're property of Nintendo, like yourself. You Nintendo fans remind me of fans of COD, except they don't pretend like Infinity ward, and Treyarch are putting out monumental game changers every year.

Now it's really hard to believe you've played Super Mario Galaxy 2 in which every single stage was so incredibly creative and unique that an entire game could be created out of its concept alone. Galaxy 2 isn't my favourite platformer this gen (although it's darn close), but it had the most memorable stages in the entire genre.

how can you pick rayman over SMG2:o

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 Mario1331

I like what I hear and what I see on the 3DS thus far, but they need to make sure they CONTINUE those efforts. For example, they had BETTER show off Paper Mario and more at E3 :P. I WANT IT NOW! If the WiiU can show off one game that blows me away at E3, it will be enough. Whether it is a new Metroid, Zelda, or new IP altogether. Make it happen Nintendo!

NaveedLife

right now you are my fav poster for stating paper mario argueably the greatest mario series ever created

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#103 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

It'll be nice to have Nintendo of the SNES/N64 years back.

GPUISBLURRY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 GPUISBLURRY
Member since 2012 • 49 Posts
While that console succeeded in attracting new customers with more casual titles such as Wii Sports, he admitted Nintendo had then struggled to convince core gamers to take the platform seriously, which negatively impacted the system's long term success LOL
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#105 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

[QUOTE="runbleduck"]What a joke. They said the same thing about the Wii, and look what they did to AAA core games like xenoblade, last story, pandora's tower, and other good core games like disaster, fatal frame, etc: They bitterly refused to release them until the Wii is pretty much dead, and then leaving the distribution to small publishers or to store exclusitivity so that it will have no marketing and guarantee to bomb, just so Nintendo can flaunt it to investors as a reason why they will no longer make core games and discourage 3rd parties from releasing core games on their system. Nintendo has been pretty apparent in their disdain for core games and gamers and outright view them as filth contaminating their system's family image. charizard1605
They never said the same about the Wii.

of yes they did. When the sales started to slow down I remember Reggie talking about how the Wii will cater to the core gamers and stuff but it never happened.

here

here

and there's tons more from where these came from. Just Google them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#106 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="runbleduck"]What a joke. They said the same thing about the Wii, and look what they did to AAA core games like xenoblade, last story, pandora's tower, and other good core games like disaster, fatal frame, etc: They bitterly refused to release them until the Wii is pretty much dead, and then leaving the distribution to small publishers or to store exclusitivity so that it will have no marketing and guarantee to bomb, just so Nintendo can flaunt it to investors as a reason why they will no longer make core games and discourage 3rd parties from releasing core games on their system. Nintendo has been pretty apparent in their disdain for core games and gamers and outright view them as filth contaminating their system's family image. Gue1

They never said the same about the Wii.

of yes they did. When the sales started to slow down I remember Reggie talking about how the Wii will cater to the core gamers and stuff but it never happened.

here

here

and there's tons more from where these came from. Just Google them.

No, I don't mean Reggie. Reggie is full of BS, we all know that. I'm talking about Iwata.
Virtua_Souls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Virtua_Souls
Member since 2012 • 267 Posts

It's very interesting to hear those words from him now. They're such a shift from Nintendo's way of thinking from 5-6 years ago. I'm glad that he understands all of this, and I hope that the Wii U will truly follow in the 3DS's footsteps of releasing such awesome core games in its first year.

Bring on Metroid Prime 4, Nintendo! :D

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

I think its funny to hear people talk about how you have to go after the casuals to win. The fact is anyone who focuses on the casuals next gen is doomed to failure as those people are already taken with the I-pad and cheap crappy smartphone games. The only way to win now is the core gamer and sadly theres not enough of them to support 3 companys.

deangallop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 deangallop
Member since 2004 • 3811 Posts

[QUOTE="deangallop"]I really feel bad for you if you honestly think that all games stories are bad and that the experiences these developers put so much work and effort into are worth nothing. If you play for just the pure fun, why don't you just go with apple and the app store? It will save you a bunch of cash.Zeviander
Do you read? Do you watch movies? Because game stories have a ways to go before they can match up to books especially. You are absolutely deluded if you think game stories are "good" compared to literature. The best video games that I have played are those like Demon's Souls and Metroid Prime, where the "story" is revealed through the interaction with the game environment. Something games should be focusing on... not reproducing the pacing of movies with throwaway action set pieces. Sure, those games can be entertaining... but they are not the unique experiences that set gaming apart as it's own artistic medium. They are what Transformers is to Hollywood... a good popcorn flick. Give me an example of a game with what you would consider a "great" story, on par with lauded 20th century literature, and explain why it is good and comparable.

I'm not going to compare litt. to games, completely different mediums that do completely separate things.

Infact I'm done arguing with you altogether, keep thinking that Mario Kart 7, Kirby's Epic Yarn, SSBB, Wii Sports and plenty of their series are good enough, continue thinking that they are better experiences than the efforts that come come from developers who want to achieve more than just a paycheck. Keep believeing that all these efforts the others put into immersing the gamers' into the gameworld are in vain. I don't really care.

I came in here because I want more from Nintendo, that's it. You don't have to agree, go and rate everything they make 10/10, I couldn't care less. I'm done defending my point, I'm bored with Nintendo's marque series, they need to do something new IMO.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

I like what I hear and what I see on the 3DS thus far, but they need to make sure they CONTINUE those efforts. For example, they had BETTER show off Paper Mario and more at E3 :P. I WANT IT NOW! If the WiiU can show off one game that blows me away at E3, it will be enough. Whether it is a new Metroid, Zelda, or new IP altogether. Make it happen Nintendo!

Mario1331

right now you are my fav poster for stating paper mario argueably the greatest mario series ever created

Paper Mario 64 and TTYD are two of the best RPG games ever made. I think TTYD is a bit better, but for some reason I liked 64 more. I really hope the 3DS one is as good as those and keeps all the sidequests, exploration, badges, and so on.

GPUISBLURRY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 GPUISBLURRY
iwata said what i said acouple months ago casuals dont keep a console successful for a whole generation.
Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Mario1331

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

NaveedLife

Paper Mario 64 and TTYD are two of the best RPG games ever made. I think TTYD is a bit better, but for some reason I liked 64 more. I really hope the 3DS one is as good as those and keeps all the sidequests, exploration, badges, and so on.

TTYD is the pinnacle of the paper mario series i put so many hours in that game . it jus has so much charm and witty gameplay its easily one of my fav games ever created.

64 was great because it wa the first paper mario game i believed and hoenstly caught people off guard i remember playing that when i was younger

now im going to look for it on the wii shop channel :P

GPUISBLURRY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 GPUISBLURRY
well see if nintendo honestly ''really focuses on the people who made nintendo'' to begin with. Just saying it doesnt means it's true only time will tell.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

Mario1331

TTYD is the pinnacle of the paper mario series i put so many hours in that game . it jus has so much charm and witty gameplay its easily one of my fav games ever created.

64 was great because it wa the first paper mario game i believed and hoenstly caught people off guard i remember playing that when i was younger

now im going to look for it on the wii shop channel :P

Haha, I guess I liked the environments and such in 64, and cause it was the first. But I know that TTYD has more to it and has much better use of the paper theme.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#115 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts
I hate to sound pessimistic... but if the so called "core appeal" didn't work for Nintendo then, it won't work now.
mike_on_mic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#117 mike_on_mic
Member since 2004 • 886 Posts
This is something I have been saying a lot about the Wii. That they may have the market share this gen for consoles sold. But in reality how many of them have more than the games that came with it, like he mentions Wii Sport and Wii Fit. These titles might have shifted (and there are still ads on TV here that is showing off the Wii Fit Plus). But the people who buy games regularly are these core. They will buy the new console when released they will buy the next version of a game, Call of Duty anyone. But these games were never on Wii they were hoping that the majority of the 95 million bought Wii Sport, and then Wii Sport Resort. But they didn't and this is where things got tough for Nintendo. When sales started slowing to the point of affecting profits Nintendo were releasing more Zelda and more Mario. Then the WiiU, so it would be interesting to see what happens. What I saw at E3 2011. Well it me they were hoping that the 90 odd million who bought the Wii would just upgrade to the WiiU. Sorry guys not going to happen.
Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Mario1331

This is something I have been saying a lot about the Wii. That they may have the market share this gen for consoles sold. But in reality how many of them have more than the games that came with it, like he mentions Wii Sport and Wii Fit. These titles might have shifted (and there are still ads on TV here that is showing off the Wii Fit Plus). But the people who buy games regularly are these core. They will buy the new console when released they will buy the next version of a game, Call of Duty anyone. But these games were never on Wii they were hoping that the majority of the 95 million bought Wii Sport, and then Wii Sport Resort. But they didn't and this is where things got tough for Nintendo. When sales started slowing to the point of affecting profits Nintendo were releasing more Zelda and more Mario. Then the WiiU, so it would be interesting to see what happens. What I saw at E3 2011. Well it me they were hoping that the 90 odd million who bought the Wii would just upgrade to the WiiU. Sorry guys not going to happen.mike_on_mic

i dont get what your saying....are you saying people wont buy nintendo games?

GPUISBLURRY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 GPUISBLURRY
nintendo uses 5 year olds and like 80 year old grandma casuals as game testers now as you can see in 1994 they didnt.
GPUISBLURRY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 GPUISBLURRY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fndTvyBKEJE&feature=relmfu Look at all the game testers playing killer instinct on n64 at the end of the video. WHERE'S THE CASUALS?
DivineEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 DivineEcho
Member since 2012 • 61 Posts

Looking forward to seeing what Iwata has in store. Was not a big fan of how the Wii was handled tbh. While it had its numerous gems like Xenoblade, SMG1, SMG2, Skyward Sword etc., it focused way to heavily on the "casuals", as one might call it, than it did on its pre-existing fanbase. I just hope the end of Wii U's lifecycle isn't as bad as what the Wii looks like right now.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts
and be like GameCube? except GC wasn't a gen behind hardware-wise
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 nintendoboy16

and be like GameCube?me2002
Because THAT had a "core" appeal. :roll:

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts
[QUOTE="me2002"]and be like GameCube?nintendoboy16
Because THAT had a core appeal. :roll:

more core appeal than wii
Nohtnym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Nohtnym
Member since 2010 • 1552 Posts

Iwata means wii u will have games similar to uncharted, gears of war, halo, forza, gt, the witcher, skyrim, la noire, and multiplats on wii u will be as good as ps3/360 version compared to wii? Or just more mario,zelda, xenoblade, more "realistic" mario kart and whatnot core jrpg games.

If the former, Im skeptical.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#126 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I don't really care either TBH. The Wii was a "casual" syste, yet I was able to build a good library of games with it, and that's not even including the Virtual Console, which was also great. That plus there's nothing necessarily wrong with "casual" games either.

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#127 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

So Nintendo has its tail between its legs huh? its hard to take statements like this seriously when their new system has that awful children's toy looking controller in all honesty so I won't be rushing out to preorder anything next gen.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

I'm not going to compare litt. to games, completely different mediums that do completely separate things.

Infact I'm done arguing with you altogether, keep thinking that Mario Kart 7, Kirby's Epic Yarn, SSBB, Wii Sports and plenty of their series are good enough, continue thinking that they are better experiences than the efforts that come come from developers who want to achieve more than just a paycheck. Keep believeing that all these efforts the others put into immersing the gamers' into the gameworld are in vain. I don't really care.

I came in here because I want more from Nintendo, that's it. You don't have to agree, go and rate everything they make 10/10, I couldn't care less. I'm done defending my point, I'm bored with Nintendo's marque series, they need to do something new IMO.

deangallop

Look, I am sure Zeviander and I are sorry for having a little something called standards... unlike you apperantly. I dont know about Zeviander, but believe if you are going to do something, you should do it well. Dont add 100 half assed features. Also, Zeviander isnt a sheep, he is a TRUE manticore.

The choices in Fallout 3, Mass Effect, Bioshock, RDR ect are all hilariously mediocre, if not laughably bad. Choosing between playing as a Naive Saint or Psychopathic Lunatic isnt exactly what I call an intriguing choice, they are unrealistic, naive, downright stupid, feel forced and gaming would be better off without them.

Lol at several of those devs who made those games in your examples wanting anything more than a paycheck.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
good, now if only WiiU wasn't a 360 released in 2012.
CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#130 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts
:)
sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Sounds like members of Nintendo themselves got sick of the wii and had it collecting dust. Iwata explained exactly what happened to me with the system--Play it for a bit, get sick of it, hardcore titles come but you're already "over" the system and cant be bothered picking any of these titles up.

Blaz3_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Blaz3_fox
Member since 2011 • 193 Posts

Nice and all, but maybe too little, too late. Nintendo, please remember that most core gamers already own a PS3 or 360 , or both, and are quite satisfied. Can your tablet controller really be that engaging for people to buy a new console that is similar in power to the consoles we already own?

Videodogg

Yes, and the Wii U's tech is far and beyond the 360 and ps3 are atm. Hell the 720 and ps4 are rumored to be equally as powerful as Wii U. What Nintendo is hoping is that because they've made quite a large following from Wii and the obviously hardcore nature of the Wii U, they're looking to get 360 and ps3 gamers to buy the Wii U while sony and microsoft flounder around with move and kinect which are failing miserably. All signs are pointing towards Wii U domination. Oh that and the constant rumors about ps4 and 720 not being able to play used games which is simply going to go badly for ps4 and 720 because what incentive do retailers have if they can't sell 2nd hand games? They're a bigger deal to retailers than you may think.

Sounds like members of Nintendo themselves got sick of the wii and had it collecting dust. Iwata explained exactly what happened to me with the system--Play it for a bit, get sick of it, hardcore titles come but you're already "over" the system and cant be bothered picking any of these titles up.

sailor232

Couldn't be more wrong. I've gone back and gotten a whole lot of lesser known Wii games and have completely ignored my 360. My ps3 is still ylod, but it's been such a failure of a console this entire generation that it's been almost constantly collecting dust. The Wii has a huge backlog of worthwhile games but of course cows and lemmings will only ever talk about the shovelware from lazy 3rd parties.
ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts
It can have all the multiplats and all the exclusives in the world , but nothing is going to make me like that tablet controller with awful 3ds slide pads. I don't know how anyone is supposed to be accurate with those things. And yes I know you can use wii mote also. But I hate that thing too and would rather use gamecube controller or something similar
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="me2002"]and be like GameCube?me2002
Because THAT had a core appeal. :roll:

more core appeal than wii

Not really. It's about the same. Only thing is that Wii got a bit more attention (albeit sharing the bad reception GameCube recieved in it's own gen. History will repeat itself with Wii U).

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

Didn't they say that about the Wii as well?

charizard1605

No, they specifically said the Wii was designed to cater to a widened, expanded audience: the blue ocean, just like the DS.

I mean that it will have focus on casual and core gamers. If I remember correctly at several E3s after launch they promised that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="GD1551"]

Didn't they say that about the Wii as well?

GD1551

No, they specifically said the Wii was designed to cater to a widened, expanded audience: the blue ocean, just like the DS.

I mean that it will have focus on casual and core gamers. If I remember correctly at several E3s after launch they promised that.

In 2010, they promised to have core games available for the Wii; that year, the Wii got No More Heroes 2, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Monster Hunter Tri, Sin and Punishment: Star Successor, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid: Other M, Epick Mickey, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Donkey Kong Country Returns, and Goldeneye 007. They promised core games for it in one year, and they delivered. I don't think Iwata ever said though that the Wii is a 'core' console like he is saying for the Wii U.
SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] No, they specifically said the Wii was designed to cater to a widened, expanded audience: the blue ocean, just like the DS.charizard1605

In 2010, they promised to have core games available for the Wii; that year, the Wii got No More Heroes 2, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Monster Hunter Tri, Sin and Punishment: Star Successor, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid: Other M, Epick Mickey, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Donkey Kong Country Returns, and Goldeneye 007. They promised core games for it in one year, and they delivered. I don't think Iwata ever said though that the Wii is a 'core' console like he is saying for the Wii U.

btw you forgot red steel 2, sonic colors and NBA Jam!

Yeah Wii was always Nintendo core/fans and the expanded audience.

There may have been some "an edgier title from Nintendo" (other M) and "here are a little more edgier games from 3rd parties (conduit, dead space extraction). Obviously didn't work well.

Their motto was always "something for everyone" though.

With Wii U the difference is they are saying "there have been excellent games that haven't made it to Nintendo systems that 3rd parties can now bring to us as Wii U is a modern console" and Iwata has expressed that there is high demand for photo realism / games with "rich graphics and gameplay volume" or so.

Basically this time they want ME, CoD, BF, AC, NHL, FIFA, RDR, TES, BioShock, GTA, RE, Batman, possibly valve/blizzard games, you know, the typical photo realistic/hollywood rollercoaster/dudebro/western-centric stuff.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

In 2010, they promised to have core games available for the Wii; that year, the Wii got No More Heroes 2, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Monster Hunter Tri, Sin and Punishment: Star Successor, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid: Other M, Epick Mickey, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Donkey Kong Country Returns, and Goldeneye 007.charizard1605

You forgot Red Steel 2, Jett Rocket, Fluidity, and Sonic Colors.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#139 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

Good luck with that Nintendo.....:lol:

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 nintendoboy16

Good luck with that Nintendo.....lolol

AtariKidX

I thought you retreated. :lol:

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts
Maybe If the Wii would of been that way, I'd think about buying the Wiiu.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
Do you guys think it would be possible and maybe probable that nintendo patch some of the wii games so they dont require some waggle mechanics EG: Donkey kong country Returns
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
"The Wii was able to reach a large number of new consumers who had never played games before by bringing hands-on experiences with its Wii Sports and Wii Fit," he explained. "However, we could not adequately create the situation that such new consumers played games frequently or for long, consistent periods. As a result, we could not sustain a good level of profit." Well I could have told them this YEARS ago when the Wii launched. GASP...you mean casuals don't have sustained interest in fads? Big news.
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#144 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Maybe If the Wii would of been that way, I'd think about buying the Wiiu. Heil68

The lack of sense this makes is astonishing :O

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"]Maybe If the Wii would of been that way, I'd think about buying the Wiiu. Pikminmaniac

The lack of sense this makes is astonishing :O

The Wii was a huge disappointment for me personally Even the resident King Sheep stated"For the Wii, the 'casual' argument even makes sense..." The first party games didn't cut it for me either and I bought most of them. But I don't know why I'm bothering as you're a Pikmin fan and that game was like slapped ass. *shrug* nonetheless, it was 20 years between Nintendo consoles for me, maybe in another 20 years I'll think about buying another one.
rasengan2552

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 rasengan2552
Member since 2009 • 5071 Posts

they will focus on core NINTENDO gamers, not generally or all core gamers.

right now their biggest oppurtunity is to get a definitive version of Black Ops 2, that will get peoples attention.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

right now their biggest oppurtunity is to get a definitive version of Black Ops 2, that will get peoples attention.

rasengan2552
And Grand Theft Auto V. That will catch everyone's attention
AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#148 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts
[QUOTE="rasengan2552"]

charizard1605

Yeah sure....keep dreaming.I hope you realize that i will be able to play those games on the PS3/XBOX.I don't see any reason to play those games on the WiiU with this horrible controller.
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="rasengan2552"]

AtariKidX

Yeah sure....keep dreaming.I hope you realize that i will be able to play those games on the PS3/XBOX.I don't see any reason to play those games on the WiiU with this horrible controller.

360 and Ps3 have worse controllers
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Last Nintendo console that focused on "core" gamers was the GameCube. It was their worst-selling console and was loosing 3rd party support and even had ceased production for a brief period of time. I don't think Nintendo should try to appeal to the demographic that view them as "kiddy". They should simply continue making good games that everyone can enjoy imo.