Is there really a difference between spending $400 and $500 on gaming console?

• 198 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts
[QUOTE="XxR3m1xInHDn3D"][QUOTE="Suppaman100"][QUOTE="XxR3m1xInHDn3D"] We are discussing the amount of games and the amount of higher rated games

How can you discuss the quality, if these PS4, Xbone games aren't even out yet?

You didn't even read the post you applauded

Yes I have, and you can conclude that there will be more exclusive launch games for PS4. As for the quality, we don't know yet because they aren't released. That is all.
XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts
[QUOTE="Suppaman100"][QUOTE="XxR3m1xInHDn3D"][QUOTE="Suppaman100"] How can you discuss the quality, if these PS4, Xbone games aren't even out yet?

You didn't even read the post you applauded

Yes I have, and you can conclude that there will be more exclusive launch games for PS4. As for the quality, we don't know yet because they aren't released. That is all.

The 360 had a better overall libary with or without counting review scores. And we do know that Planetside 2, the p2p mmo and the p2w game will flop on consoles.
OneInchMan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 OneInchMan99
Member since 2012 • 1248 Posts

Price does'nt determine which console I buy.

Who makes it does...........if its M$/Nintendo I'm not interested.........if its Sony,I'm in.:)

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts
If cows want to sell themselves short over $100, then so be it. The PS4 is the peasant race.
LanceSSJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 LanceSSJ
Member since 2003 • 882 Posts
if people choose PS4 PURELY on price then they shouldn't be buying it and be smarter with their money
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#158 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

money isnt an issue, ps4 is just better. the $100 is a great addition to an already superior console.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

YES!!! $100 more means..

• the PS4 will ALWAYS be cheaper than the Xbone.
  • that is $100 towards software, controllers, add-ons, PSN+
  • that would mean theres no real "difference" in buying the Wii-U over the PS3.  :?

..besides at the end of this gen most of the truly great titles were multiplat.  It matters when I can spead $100 less for the same experience. 

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts
[QUOTE="XxR3m1xInHDn3D"][QUOTE="Suppaman100"][QUOTE="XxR3m1xInHDn3D"] You didn't even read the post you applauded

The 360 had a better overall libary with or without counting review scores. And we do know that Planetside 2, the p2p mmo and the p2w game will flop on consoles.

You mean all those Excellent new IP's that released in 2011-2013? What were they called again? How about those incredible exclusives that sold before that like Too Human which had a whopping Gamespot score of 5.5. Unlike the first Xbox, pretty much my whole 360 experience has been a multiplat experience with the exception of HaloGearsForzaEarlyCodContent.
shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6857 Posts

Yeah. $100, 25% more cost. Could get another game and some discounted indie games.

To answer your other points, TC, all point towards me getting a PS4. My friends (they have 360s) are getting PS4s, I prefer Sony games in general, prefer the DS series. I will concede Live is a better service, however, I'm not big on online gaming--so it's a negligible for me, personally.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#162 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
TC, I get your point. But fr many $100 is at least a game. I am getting the X1 first, as I'd rather play DR3 than KZ first.
sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

It really just depends on where you live. I live in NY, where the cost of living is higher and so is the salary you would typically recieve. I'm a teacher making 70K, so $100 isnt really a sweat off my back and I'm actually grabbing both consoles day 1. (Well I preordered through amazon, so I guess more like day 8 when it gets delivered.)

People who are saying that its 100 less and a more powerful system have a point because you can't really argue with those facts, but everyone who is saying that 100 is huge because of the ability to spend that money on games an accesories is kidding themselves. $100 can't even get you an extra controller and a game. Thats 60 for a game and 50 for a controller. So I don't know why people are deluding themselves to believe that that money they save will get them anything other than 1 game and an extra 30 bucks.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts
[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="XxR3m1xInHDn3D"][QUOTE="Suppaman100"] Yes I have, and you can conclude that there will be more exclusive launch games for PS4. As for the quality, we don't know yet because they aren't released. That is all.

You mean all those Excellent new IP's that released in 2011-2013? What were they called again? How about those incredible exclusives that sold before that like Too Human which had a whopping Gamespot score of 5.5. Unlike the first Xbox, pretty much my whole 360 experience has been a multiplat experience with the exception of HaloGearsForzaEarlyCodContent.

I'm just following the meta bro and the 360 had plenty of great exclusives that most people on this forum have probably never even heard of
mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#168 mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

when I was a broke teenager, yes, a $100 was a huge difference

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts
[QUOTE="XxR3m1xInHDn3D"][QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="XxR3m1xInHDn3D"] The 360 had a better overall libary with or without counting review scores. And we do know that Planetside 2, the p2p mmo and the p2w game will flop on consoles.

I'm just following the meta bro and the 360 had plenty of great exclusives that most people on this forum have probably never even heard of

Problem is, the vast majority of those games are simple arcade games. While Geometry Wars as excellent, are these really the kinds of games that should define how great a library is? I mean this game started as a PGR3 Easter Egg. If you compare the Xbox 360 library to that of the Xbox, PS2 or even Dreamcast or GameCube libraries? I mean these are the kinds of games you would expect to play on an Ouya or ESphere. Its basically mobile gaming with a gamepad. Not on a $300 triple core gaming console. What did we even get this year besides a really shitty Gears spinoff that Epic didnt even make? Meanwhile Sony has 2013 games like Beyond Two Souls and The Last of Us.
EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

Everyone is getting the PS4 at this point. EVERYONE, I don't know a single friend getting the one. Even my fanatical XBOX fanboy friend is getting the PS4. The XBONE will sell incredibly underwhelming numbers. YoshiYogurt

This will be good if it forces MS to drop the price by $100 in the 1st 6 months. $400 is reasonable if Kinect 2.0 works as advertised but if Kinect 2.0 is garbage then $350 is the right price. MS is betting way too much on Kinect 2.0. being successful when only 22 million people bought the original.

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#172 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

Nope. They both have no games so the price makes no difference.

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 SonofK
Member since 2013 • 1088 Posts
I'm strongly considering skipping this gen, at least for the first few years and going PC. The only thing at this point that would make me buy a console is Destiny although I'm still hoping for a PC release
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

[QUOTE="kinectthedots"]

[QUOTE="XxR3m1xInHDn3D"] Your sig is funny considering the XBox has way more exclusives and better looking ones tooSuppaman100

sorry again that is factually wrong, but I only expect xbox fans to lie and say anything to confuse people to cross over to the company they worship.

This is another future flip flop that xbox fans will be hypocrites on this upcoming gen.  

ALL  gen long xbox fanboys have tried to lower the standard of quality that games needed to be to be called "The best system" simply because xbox360 had more games (being relesed a year earlier) than PS3.  

So lemmings figured out that lowering the standard of quality that games needed to be from previously accepted AAAE to only AE or any A+ games regardless if it was exclusive or not that there is no way PS3 would ever be able to top xbox360 in arguments on system wars...HOWEVER 

PS4 and xbox 1 line-ups with multiplats available on both systems removed (1*) = multiplat not available on the other system (2*) = exclusive game.

Xbox 1

confirmed day 1 games

Xbox LiveCrimson Dragon [7]Grounding Inc., Land Ho! **

RetailDead Rising 3 [8]Capcom **

RetailFighter Within [10]AMA, Ltd. **

RetailForza Motorsport 5[11]Turn 10 **

RetailJust Dance 2014 [12]Ubisoft **

Xbox Live /Generous DemoKiller Instinct [13]Double Helix **

Xbox LiveLocoCycle [15]Twisted Pixel *

Xbox LivePeggle 2 [20]PopCap Games *

Xbox LivePowerstar Golf [21]Zoe Mode **

RetailRyse: Son of Rome[22]Crytek **

RetailZoo Tycoon [25]Frontier Developments *

Launch window

RetailKinect Sports: RivalsRare **

Xbox Live / F2PProject SparkMicrosoft *

RetailTitanfallRespawn *

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Xbox_One_Launch_Titles

PS4

confirmed day 1 games

PSNContrast [5]Compulsion Games *

PSN / F2PDC Universe Online*Sony Online Entertainment *

PSNDiveKick [n]One True Game Studios *

Retail / PS+DriveClub [6]Evolution Studios **

RetailKillzone Shadow Fall [8]Guerilla Games **

RetailKnack [9]SCE Japan StudioWiki **

PSNPinball Arcade [11]FarSight Studion *

PSN / Free DLCPutty SquadSystem 3 Arcade Software *

Pack-inThe PlayRoom [12]Sony **

PSN / PS+Resogun [13]Housemarque **

PSNSuper Motherload [14]XGen Studios *

PSNSwitch Galaxy UltraAtomicom *

PSNTiny Brains [15]Spearhead Games *

PSN / F2PWarframe [16]Digital Extremes *

PSN / F2PWar Thunder [17]Gaijin Entertainment *

launch window

PSNBasement CrawlBloober Team, iFun4all **

PSNCounterSpyDynamighty *

PSN / F2PDeep DownCapcom **

PSN / FreeDoki-Doki UniverseHumaNature Studios *

PSNFlowerThatGameCompany (TGC) *

PSNHohokumHoneyslug & Richard Hoge *

RetailinFamous Second SonSucker Punch **

PSNN++Metanet **

PSNOctodad: Dadliest CatchYoung Horses, Inc. *

PSNOddworld: New 'n' TastyJust Add Water *

PSN / F2PPlanetSide 2Sony Online Entertainment *

PSNPool Nation ExtremeCherry Pop Games *

PSNPrimal Carnage: GenesisLukewarm Media *

PSNRay's the DeadRagtag Studios LLC *

RetailThe Order: 1886Ready At Dawn Studios - SCE Santa Monica Studio **

PSNThe WitnessThekla Inc. **

PSNTransistorSupergiant Games **

http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/PlayStation_4_Launch_Titles

:lol: Now that PS4 and xbox 1 release at the same time that argument is going to backfire and lemmings will say having more (AE+ or A) games dose not make a system better.  Bookmark it!

This should be posted as a counter arguement for lemmingz who think the Xbone launch is superior. I APPLAUD U GOOD SIR.

ownage.jpg

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#175 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

Yeah. A $100 difference. :|

Jonwh18

Somehow I knew this would be the 1st reply in this thread, no idea how this thing went 8 pages (not going to read). :lol:

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

The way I see it, if you can afford the PS4, then you can afford the XBone! I just don't see the huge discrepency in which the price of either console should be a determining factor. At the end of the day, shouldn't it be about.....

1. What console your friends are getting

2. Which console has the games you want to play the most

3. Which controller your prefer

4. Which online community you like best

I simply don't get the mindset that the Xbone is so unbelievably expensive when just 7 years ago, people bought up the PS3 even though it was $100 more than the Xbone and had absolutely NO GAMES!!

ShoTTyMcNaDeS
But if you can afford an Xboxone, you can afford the $600 dell PC running windows 8, but then you could also afford the $700 custom built PC, but then you should be able to get an entry level alienware for $800, but then just for $100 more, I mean that's the only difference, you can get that $900 linux platform with custom chips with steam, but then you can spend that $1000 on a MAc, but then, and only $100 more and I know you can afford it, at $1100 you can get a titan in your custom built PC. So let's pay $1100 consoles TC!
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#177 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="ShoTTyMcNaDeS"]

The way I see it, if you can afford the PS4, then you can afford the XBone! I just don't see the huge discrepency in which the price of either console should be a determining factor. At the end of the day, shouldn't it be about.....

1. What console your friends are getting

2. Which console has the games you want to play the most

3. Which controller your prefer

4. Which online community you like best

I simply don't get the mindset that the Xbone is so unbelievably expensive when just 7 years ago, people bought up the PS3 even though it was $100 more than the Xbone and had absolutely NO GAMES!!

Sagemode87

Typical Sony hating rhetoric from 2007.Dont know about you, but these seem like games to me. 

United States launch titles

Call of Duty 3Activision

Genji: Days of the Blade

Madden NFL 07

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire

NBA 07

NBA 2K7

Need for Speed: Carbon

NHL 2K7

Resistance: Fall of Man

Ridge Racer 7

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07

Tony Hawk's Project 8

Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom

Now I remember why I didn't buy one at launch...

JattDon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#178 JattDon
Member since 2007 • 372 Posts
I pre ordered PS4 not because of the $100 price difference thats just a plus but because it's better than Xbox One.
jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#179 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts
[QUOTE="ShoTTyMcNaDeS"]

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

theBeorn

Funny guy! That is not what I meant. What I am getting at here is that I just dont see how anyone on the one hand can drop $400 for one console and then on the other hand say that the other one for $100 more is too expensive!

if you actually had to work for the money, you would see the idiocy of this question.

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

Why buy either on launch when the games aren't going to be there for at least a year? 

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

YES!!! $100 more means..

• the PS4 will ALWAYS be cheaper than the Xbone.
  • that is $100 towards software, controllers, add-ons, PSN+
  • that would mean theres no real "difference" in buying the Wii-U over the PS3.  :?

..besides at the end of this gen most of the truly great titles were multiplat.  It matters when I can spead $100 less for the same experience. 

OhSnapitz

Not really, deals and price drop will make them closer in price by the middle to the end of the gen.

Agree with the rest.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

It does make a different when the more expensive console is 25 to 33% weaker than the one that cost $100 less! I wouldn't mind the $100 extra if it is the other way around!

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

Why buy either on launch when the games aren't going to be there for at least a year? 

Whiteblade999
because there's already games that i will want to play on day 1 and exclusives I want within 2 months (and who knows if it'll be a repeat of this gen where i STILL had trouble finding a system a few months after launch)
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#185 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
at that point. IMO not really lol
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#186 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
at that point. IMO not really lol
[QUOTE="ShoTTyMcNaDeS"]

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

theBeorn

Funny guy! That is not what I meant. What I am getting at here is that I just dont see how anyone on the one hand can drop $400 for one console and then on the other hand say that the other one for $100 more is too expensive!

if you actually had to work for the money, you would see the idiocy of this question.

but even if you basically make around min wage it's one days of work for years of enjoyment
DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

During a holiday season? A huge difference. Parents purchasing consoles as gifts for their children or people buying the console for themselves on a tight budget are probably going to opt for the system they can pick up for less with a game included than the competing console. 

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
at that point. IMO not really lol[QUOTE="theBeorn"][QUOTE="ShoTTyMcNaDeS"]Funny guy! That is not what I meant. What I am getting at here is that I just dont see how anyone on the one hand can drop $400 for one console and then on the other hand say that the other one for $100 more is too expensive!k2theswiss

but even if you basically make around min wage it's one days of work for years of enjoyment

More like 2 days at minimum wage ($8 here) for a normal 8 hour day.
FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

You're just spending $100 more for Kinect which is something you don't want, but Microsoft decided to force it anyway. Typical.

Cyberdot
Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
Member since 2013 • 2504 Posts

XBOunity and every lemming ever since the reveal of the Xbox One:

ilERlIuaHoeTm.gif

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#193 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Whiteblade999

Have you seen what's coming out in 2014 for these consoles?

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts
No it is not a huge difference. If someone can in most people's eyes (waste) $400 on a hobby they can (waste)$500. Whether or not the price difference is there people are still gonna buy games/accessories for their system. I have lots of expensive hobbies gaming being one, and the difference between $400 and $500 to get something is pretty nil. I can justify the the X1 to myself more because I am getting older and don't game as often, I have 2 kids they love the kinect stuff, there's the tv/movie and other entertainment features on X1 that I can enjoy with my girl/family. The weaker aspect of it has nothing to do with me, if I can still play the games I play online once and a while and they look decent that's cool! Ive been playing since atari days so games now look amazing. Plus I'm a bro gamer, Madden/COD that's pretty much it. And X1 gets me COD DLC first, plus there's Titanfall, and most of my friends are getting X1 so yeah $100 when put in aspect of getting something that isn't needed and is a hobby and the prices are that high to begin with no difference.
xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 xxyetixx
No it is not a huge difference. If someone can in most people's eyes (waste) $400 on a hobby they can (waste)$500. Whether or not the price difference is there people are still gonna buy games/accessories for their system. I have lots of expensive hobbies gaming being one, and the difference between $400 and $500 to get something is pretty nil. I can justify the the X1 to myself more because I am getting older and don't game as often, I have 2 kids they love the kinect stuff, there's the tv/movie and other entertainment features on X1 that I can enjoy with my girl/family. The weaker aspect of it has nothing to do with me, if I can still play the games I play online once and a while and they look decent that's cool! Ive been playing since atari days so games now look amazing. Plus I'm a bro gamer, Madden/COD that's pretty much it. And X1 gets me COD DLC first, plus there's Titanfall, and most of my friends are getting X1 so yeah $100 when put in aspect of getting something that isn't needed and is a hobby and the prices are that high to begin with no difference.
xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 xxyetixx
Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

So, let me get this straight..  The PS3 launched with two models including a $499 model.  It had free online forever.  It had BluRay.  It was (granted, arguably) the better system for games.

And it was sacrilege to support it!

Now that there is a $500 XBox, Lems have the audacity to make threads like this?

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 xxyetixx

So, let me get this straight..  The PS3 launched with two models including a $499 model.  It had free online forever.  It had BluRay.  It was (granted, arguably) the better system for games.

And it was sacrilege to support it!

Now that there is a $500 XBox, Lems have the audacity to make threads like this?

Shewgenja
It was a year late to the party, and offerend nothing but a cheap blu ray option in the begining