Is there point of Xbox One? (don´t count EXCLUSIVES)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@acp_45 said:

If MCC was broken garbage then was is it now ?

It's been patched and so many people think it's a great collection to have.

Yes it had a bad start for the Multiplayer part of the game.

That isn't the whole game. And now it's patched.

Just because a guy is quiet on twitter after hyping a game's release means the game he was hyping GOT released and no more hype is needed for a game that is already released. Do you want him to continue to hype MCC ? (??????????????)

Are you one of those people that suffer from correlation bias.

I dunno if the SP issues have been fixed and some people are still having problems with MP, so wrong tense.

Blunder of the year. That's all there is to say.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#202 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher: Why is it the blunder of the year ?

Please tell me.

What comparison are you making ?

To what are you comparing MCC to ?

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 GrenadeLauncher

@acp_45 said:

Please tell me.

Cos it was the most broken of the year. Really, you could call it the blunder of the gen, too. All that hype...

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#204 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

The point of the X1 is to follow SONY's proven mantra of the by gamers for gamers mantra and know what will happen if they again try to change the industry on their own.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@acp_45 said:

Please tell me.

Dude come on.....be honest. MCC was a mess on release. Fan boy bias isn't reality. K?

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#206 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Is there a point to any console? I mean.. really. They're just cheap, closed-off PCs. All the computing power of a low-end PC with none of the productivity. It's all a ploy by these large companies to sell consumers redundant hardware. Sony, MS, and Nintendo could stop making consoles and just make peripheral devices and games and the world would stay the same.

They're not even trying with the exclusives anymore either (which don't count in this thread); every tenth one might actually be worth playing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

@GrenadeLauncher: You aren't answering my question.

Why ?

Almost everything you've said to me and other people in this thread is irrelevant.

Please answer.

What are you comparing MCC to.

Why is it the blunder of the year ?

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 GrenadeLauncher

@acp_45 said:

@GrenadeLauncher: You aren't answering my question.

Why ?

Almost everything you've said to me and other people in this thread is irrelevant.

Please answer.

What are you comparing MCC to.

Why is it the blunder of the year ?

Comparing the DCC to every other game last year and so far this gen and it's the blunder of the year because it was rushed crap that didn't work for months.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 LJS9502_basic

@pyro1245 said:

Is there a point to any console? I mean.. really. They're just cheap, closed-off PCs. All the computing power of a low-end PC with none of the productivity. It's all a ploy by these large companies to sell consumers redundant hardware. Sony, MS, and Nintendo could stop making consoles and just make peripheral devices and games and the world would stay the same.

They're not even trying with the exclusives anymore either (which don't count in this thread); every tenth one might actually be worth playing.

A console isn't supposed to replace a PC. It has one purpose and if it has quality games that you want and can't get elsewhere there is nothing low end about it. I swear some of you people never had the joy of gaming as a child.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@cainetao11 said:

Nope. Others have called out your dodge and lack of integrity as well. You're exposed for the coward you are.

Your sad little challenge can't cover up the fact the MCC was broken garbage. Sorry.

And if MCC was broken garbage as you put it, what was Drive Club? You regurgitate the same line over and over again about the Xbox and MCC like this is something only MS has done. Drive Club was suppose to be a launch game and was delayed a year and was still completely broken when launched. It was so bad that the head of Sony came out condemning the makers of the game for their bad release but you never seem to bring them up, it's all Halo is broke, Halo is broken, Halo is broken.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

@GrenadeLauncher: I agree it didn't work properly at launch and the few months after.

But I think the fact that you compared it to the games of last year and this year makes it even harder to understand why you say it's the blunder of the year.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 pyro1245

@LJS9502_basic said:

@pyro1245 said:

A console isn't supposed to replace a PC. It has one purpose and if it has quality games that you want and can't get elsewhere there is nothing low end about it. I swear some of you people never had the joy of gaming as a child.

Heh. I've owned most consoles since the NES era; and I even bought a PS4. I like games, you know. It just always bugs me that I have dozens of different devices that should be able to do the same thing, as well as more. It especially bugs me now when all but 1 or 2 games I want to play will be released on PC; almost no reason to own a PS4. ...but I like games so I buy the hardware. I'll probably end up subbing to PS+ so I can play online too. They got me.

Consoles have lost much of their purpose and the few first party exclusives that the console market produces just isn't enough to justify the massive R&D and marketing costs of developing these devices. Oh well, Bloodborne will be fun.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 LJS9502_basic

@pyro1245 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@pyro1245 said:

Heh. I've owned most consoles since the NES era; and I even bought a PS4. I like games, you know. It just always bugs me that I have dozens of different devices that should be able to do the same thing, as well as more. It especially bugs me now when all but 1 or 2 games I want to play will be released on PC; almost no reason to own a PS4. ...but I like games so I buy the hardware. I'll probably end up subbing to PS+ so I can play online too. They got me.

Consoles have lost much of their purpose and the few first party exclusives that the console market produces just isn't enough to justify the massive R&D and marketing costs of developing these devices. Oh well, Bloodborne will be fun.

Sony exclusives would be the only thing missing and that would depend on whether you like those games. I have a PS4 and have to pick up a Wii U as well....problem with the X1 is what you said. Is it necessary with their games coming to PC to own one? I might pick one up at the end of the cycle when the price drops but it doesn't seem necessary so far. I have all the SEGA, Nintendo {minus Wii U which as I said will change}, Sony, and the first two MS consoles.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 pyro1245

@LJS9502_basic: Yeah i suppose I'll probably pick up a Wii U for Zelda and Xenoblade.... PS4 will also have Disgaea.

NewWellofGabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By NewWellofGabe
Member since 2015 • 113 Posts

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@cainetao11 said:

Nope. Others have called out your dodge and lack of integrity as well. You're exposed for the coward you are.

Your sad little challenge can't cover up the fact the MCC was broken garbage. Sorry.

And if MCC was broken garbage as you put it, what was Drive Club? You regurgitate the same line over and over again about the Xbox and MCC like this is something only MS has done. Drive Club was suppose to be a launch game and was delayed a year and was still completely broken when launched. It was so bad that the head of Sony came out condemning the makers of the game for their bad release but you never seem to bring them up, it's all Halo is broke, Halo is broken, Halo is broken.

Not defending Sony, but you do realize that Halo is Xbox's biggest series? It's the one reason that many people bought an Xbox One. To have your defining game release as a broken POS is truly embarrassing.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

@newwellofgabe said:

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@cainetao11 said:

Not defending Sony, but you do realize that Halo is Xbox's biggest series? It's the one reason that many people bought an Xbox One. To have your defining game release as a broken POS is truly embarrassing.

No Halo 5 will be their defining game, I don't see a rerelease of old games being the thing you hang your hat on for the new consoles. Now if Halo 5 or Gears is broken multiplayer wise then I say you have a point, but this game was just a filler until Halo 5 is release plus it came with a code for Halo 5's beta. But either way that isn't the point, the point is a lot of games came out broken last year. Watch Dogs, Assassin's, SimCity, Battlefield and Drive Club all had bad launches but this guy only wants to bring up MCC like that was the only game that had a bad launch. Let's not throw stones if you live in a glass house.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#217 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@newwellofgabe said:

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@cainetao11 said:

And they rightly were. And are giving another full campaign remastered to us as a result. I live in a place called reality. Where as much as we want to demand the things imperfect beings like humans make be perfect, they simply aren't always going to be that way. I don't hate Sony or my PS4 because DC was a delayed fucking mess. And I don't hate MS or my X1 because I had trouble getting online on MCC for a while. Difference for me was: A) I was able to get online pretty easily in Dec 2014; B) this has my favorite campaigns in it so I was all good with Halo to play with out MP; C) I am getting a remastered ODST out of it for free. I'll take that deal for some trouble with MP any day.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

Dumb thread.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

Is there a point to console gaming? (Don't count exclusives!)

What a dumb thread.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

Yes, that was broken too, like I stated it was. The SP was fine and it was fixed faster. In terms of blunder the Disaster Chief Collection is the Olympic gold medallist.

Funny, your precious Spencer and Bonnie Ross did the same for the DCC too.

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

No Halo 5 will be their defining game, I don't see a rerelease of old games being the thing you hang your hat on for the new consoles.

It's sure what MS did last year.

@cainetao11 said:

And they rightly were. And are giving another full campaign remastered to us as a result. I live in a place called reality. Where as much as we want to demand the things imperfect beings like humans make be perfect, they simply aren't always going to be that way.

Another outsourced port to apologise for a series of broken outsourced ports? Fascinating.

Wow, that's some incredible excuse making for getting a rushed game. Stockholm Syndrome par excellence.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#221  Edited By AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

Well.. using the same argument...what\s the point of PS4 when you can get a gaming PC? The only real point is games, but since you can't use them then there's no point

At least Xbox One has kinect, which is pretty awesome for dance and fitness games, so people can buy it for that. PS4 without games? No point.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#222  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I think, at this point, the point of Xbox is to give us all something to laugh about.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#223 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife: Competition for Sony, with Nintendo in the whole right now Sony would have literately no competition and pretty much have a monopoly and that's not good for consumers.