Is Sony moneyhatting a reason to be happy and why?

• 112 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Is Sony moneyhatting a reason to be happy and why? (8 votes)

Yes 50%
No 100%

Why is Sony moneyhatting better than other companies doing this? Why are Cows jumping with joy when their beloved company is doing something they so furiously criticize when other companies do the same thing?

• 
Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

DMC Started on playstation. It could mean a return to form that's part of the reason for excitement.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts

Fanboys.

It's just fanboys.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 freedomfreak
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

DMC Started on playstation. It could mean a return to form that's part of the reason for excitement.

Pretty sure he's talking about Street Fighter 5.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@freedomfreak said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Pretty sure he's talking about Street Fighter 5.

Street Fighter? eh I have no Idea. I didn't like 4 very much.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

It's kind of nice seeing MS die by the sword. Lord knows, they played dirty as super **** last gen.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Funding a game that otherwise wouldn't exist (Bayonetta 2, Titanfell) = the good kind of moneyhatting.

Bribing a publisher to release the game on less platforms (Tomb Raider Xbone, GTA PS2) = evil moneyhatting.

It remains to be seen which category this falls in. There is speculation Sony are funding SF V (See link).

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

Cows and lems are fully against evil, dorty tactcis......................until the company that owns their console does it.

Than it's cool.

Watch M$ steal another multiplat and cos will rage again, while lems are fine with it, again

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4: so by this token shall I expect Mass Effect to return to Xbox where it originally started and go back to its RPG roots? It's BS and you know it.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

I dont care for timed exclusives or even worst "console exclusives" . True exclusives are why consoles are worth owning.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

SF5 will still be on arcades and PC. And I guess eventually everything else. But for now I think its a bid deal to fighting/street fighter fans that the game is exclusive on the PS4, since I guess most play on arcades/consoles. I dont see this the same as when TR was announced, in the end that was timed exclusive, so it was no big deal.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Calm your Tits TC.

1. Street Fighter is most like just PS4-PC just for Japan. There has been plenty of multiplats that dont get an XBOX release in Japan becuz XBOX is such a dead console in Japan many publishers dont release their games on XBOX in Jappan

2. Its probably a time Exclusive. This just might be Sony's way of responding to M$ money hatting Tomb Raider. (Yeah TC where were you when M$ bought off Tomb Raider? Where was you whining? Why didnt you make a thread then?)

3. Its gonna come to X1 sooner or later and cows will look foolish for thinking its was a forever "console" exclusive.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Lol. TC is perpetually terrified of Sony looking good. Get help.

Floppy Jim has it right up above. Now howsabout we let them Actually announce the game and maybe see what we learn from subsequent interviews before calling out the dogs?

It's not like your Sony hate has an expiration date. Quit jumping the gun.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Why is Sony moneyhatting better than other companies doing this?

Because revenge is a dish best served cold. You guys had your fun with the Tomb Raider announcement, now it's our turn.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@Nengo_Flow: I've said it in the OP that other companies do it. The problem is cows were crying like little bitches upon Tomb Raider announcement yet they worship Sony when they do the same. Pot calling the kettle black.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

It's kind of nice seeing MS die by the sword. Lord knows, they played dirty as super **** last gen.

Riigghhttt super cow. It's not like Sony's done this before, you know, in the PS2 or PS1 days. You cows are always playing the victim, the jokes that you are.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Nengo_Flow

@hernandezzzz said:

Why is Sony moneyhatting better than other companies doing this?

Because revenge is a dish best served cold. You guys had your fun with the Tomb Raider announcement, now it's our turn.

this.

I mean, yes all of this is bullshit and any company that does gets a wag of my finger, BUT lems are happy when M$ does it (and they do it most often), and Cows are happy when SONY does it.

These kinds of things are always gonna piss off a large group of gamers.

A question for lems: You thought SONY was just gonna do nothing while M$ when around Money hatting everyone?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Shewgenja

@kingtito said:

@Shewgenja said:

Riigghhttt super cow. It's not like Sony's done this before, you know, in the PS2 or PS1 days. You cows are always playing the victim, the jokes that you are.

So, you're telling me, that there were games announced as XBox exclusives that launched multiplat? Examples, please.

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

Floppy Jim is probably right about Sony helping fund SFV. Unless Ono has just been trolling. I feel this is appropriate for this thread:

Gaf is going pretty damn crazy with this announcement.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kingtito

@Shewgenja said:

@kingtito said:

@Shewgenja said:

So, you're telling me, that there were games announced as XBox exclusives that launched multiplat? Examples, please.

Why don't you show me how clean and fair Sony played during the PS1 & PS2 gens? Since your cow brain seems to be focusing on how "dirty as super ****" MS was.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Nengo_Flow

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@Nengo_Flow: I've said it in the OP that other companies do it. The problem is cows were crying like little bitches upon Tomb Raider announcement yet they worship Sony when they do the same. Pot calling the kettle black.

now you are just trolling and trying to turn this into fanboy wars... your butt hurt is showing.

I aint getting into that with you (cuz i already explain it before).

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Shewgenja

@kingtito said:

Why don't you show me how clean and fair Sony played during the PS1 & PS2 gens? Since your cow brain seems to be focusing on how "dirty as super ****" MS was.

Just say you have nothing. Better yet, don't reply at all.

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

I highly recommend lems just avoid the internet tomorrow. I'm expecting so much salt tomorrow.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By freedomfreak
Loading Video...

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50563 Posts

Sucks when MS did it and sucks when/if Sony did it.

But Lems loved it when Tomb Raider was announced. Didn't see a thread like this from you then, unless I missed it.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kingtito

@Shewgenja said:

@kingtito said:

Got it......hypocrite it is. Nice job super cow.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@kingtito said:

@Shewgenja said:

Almost all games on PS1 and PS2 were not money hats,it was just good busyness for them multiplatforms games sold like shit on Saturn and N64,so most of the time it was just good business just to let them on PS alone,because investment return wasn't warranty on the other 2 platforms.

Also many games came before the xbox was even launch,so they were exclusive by default like DMC,and many others,just like Saints row on 360 and Ghost Recon,and Oblivion on 360.

The few games i can really say were do to money hats were FF,and GTA outside of those i don't see many money hats during those gens.

And is not like MS didn't enter the market money hatting developers actually that is all MS was on 2001,games like oddworld which started on PS1 all of the sudden were xbox exclusive,DOA 3.

Like always playing the victim fail for you..lol

now OT..

This is freaking hilarious...hahaha

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

I wish Sony could money-hat every 3rd party publisher and starve the xbox from games. What relevancy does the xbox have to this industry beside making it worse?

DLC started because of the x360. Pay to play online happened because of xbox. I missed on Tales of Vesperia because M$ money hatted Namco into making it exclusive to a console where JRPG's don't even sell. M$ are cancer to this industry.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Shewgenja

@kingtito said:

@Shewgenja said:

@kingtito said:

Call me what you like, I'm sure you were one of the buttlickers who stayed quiet when Ensemble was closed and Bungie was sold off. You can't talk this level of shit when you're not on the level. It is what it is. Without moneyhats, MS doesn't have exclusives. This is what happens when you're first party isn't worth a ****.

MS isn't just getting outgunned this generation, they are getting outclassed. It's just that plain and simple. Get a PS4 and a WiiU or watch this generation pass you by.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@kingtito said:

@Shewgenja said:

@kingtito said:

Call me what you like, I'm sure you were one of the buttlickers who stayed quiet when Ensemble was closed and Bungie was sold off. You can't talk this level of shit when you're not on the level. It is what it is. Without moneyhats, MS doesn't have exclusives. This is what happens when you're first party isn't worth a ****.

MS isn't just getting outgunned this generation, they are getting outclassed. It's just that plain and simple. Get a PS4 and a WiiU or watch this generation pass you by.

Bungie wasn't sold off

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kingtito

@Shewgenja said:

@kingtito said:

@Shewgenja said:

@kingtito said:

I could care less about all of that cow. I usually own all console and primarily game on my PC. I don't run around slamming an inanimate object for the sake of it like you cow. I'm pointing out your hypocrisy, nothing more nothing less.

Keep up the bad work cow.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tormentos

@kingtito said:

I could care less about all of that cow. I usually own all console and primarily game on my PC. I don't run around slamming an inanimate object for the sake of it like you cow. I'm pointing out your hypocrisy, nothing more nothing less.

You are a die hard lemming who hides on PC...

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

yes its a great thing...it means they still can't figure out how to handle their money or business and will likely have to sink every other branch of their company to keep the PlayStation arm alive.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kingtito

@tormentos said:

@kingtito said:

You are a die hard lemming who hides on PC...

And you're just an idiot that pretends to play games and own consoles. Maybe you should go beg someone in the XOne forums to send a pic of their Xbox with your name on it loser.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50563 Posts

@WilliamRLBaker said:

yes its a great thing...it means they still can't figure out how to handle their money or business and will likely have to sink every other branch of their company to keep the PlayStation arm alive.

And MS? Just curious how the great and wise Baker feels about them doing it.

cantloginnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By cantloginnow
Member since 2013 • 381 Posts

@Heil68 said:

I dont care for timed exclusives or even worst "console exclusives" . True exclusives are why consoles are worth owning.

Unless you don't game on PC like myself,then console exclusives are as good as "true exclusives" and make a console worth owning.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Sony can money hat all the scraps they want.

Microsoft has more third party exclusives coming and it ain't gonna be no little bitch ass Street Fighter.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

MS does it so why can't Sony?....they didn't do that great of a job though since it's on PC at the same time. At least MS buys a little time for theirs.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@cantloginnow said:

@Heil68 said:

Unless you don't game on PC like myself,then console exclusives are as good as "true exclusives" and make a console worth owning.

True. So I guess in this case another win for current gen 8 console leader PS4.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 tormentos

@kingtito said:

And you're just an idiot that pretends to play games and own consoles. Maybe you should go beg someone in the XOne forums to send a pic of their Xbox with your name on it loser.

Really last i remember it was you who never posted pic about your so call setup..hahaha

You are a lemming be proud..hahaha

@Chutebox said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

And MS? Just curious how the great and wise Baker feels about them doing it.

He feels great is william...hahahahaa

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Microsoft has more third party exclusives coming and it ain't gonna be no little bitch ass Street Fighter.

The PS4 has more games coming in 2015 than MS....hahahaa

http://www.listwar.com/upcoming-games/

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Yeah they will be top quality like Ryse right.?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#42  Edited By deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

Sony is just answering injustice with justice. ;)

Loading Video...

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@Heil68 said:

bingo

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

No, it's not a reason to be happy, but they have to play fire with fire.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

loooooool

I know I'm bound to being cool with you because of the Clash of the Titans treaty... but damn man.

Anyways, this is what I come to SW to see, so thank you.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@kingtito said:

@Shewgenja said:

Yeah, it's pretty funny, especially when Sony has been doing this since the PS1. MGS was original only on the NES and so was Final Fantasy. Then Sony released the PS1 and snatched them away from Nintendo forever. How soon people forget. The Xbox was no where to be found at that time.

If you're a true gamer, this news shouldn't even matter to you.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@Floppy_Jim: Ah, Titanfell!

What you did, I see it! :P

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kingtito

@tormentos said:

@kingtito said:

Really last i remember it was you who never posted pic about your so call setup..hahaha

You are a lemming be proud..hahaha

So called setup? You mean like that below average PC that you call a gaming PC? Mine is far from average and will even be getting upgraded soon.

Go beg someone for some pics El Tormented.

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

@Floppy_Jim said:

Funding a game that otherwise wouldn't exist (Bayonetta 2, Titanfell) = the good kind of moneyhatting.

Bribing a publisher to release the game on less platforms (Tomb Raider Xbone, GTA PS2) = evil moneyhatting.

It remains to be seen which category this falls in. There is speculation Sony are funding SF V (See link).

Pretty much the only post this thread needed. Sadly though, this post will be overlooked.