If you wii haters are 'real gamers', here are some 'real games' (no 56k)

• 167 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts
[QUOTE="chutup"]

13. Soul Calibur Legends

14.Dragon Blade: Wrath of Fire

NorthlandMan

Above are examples of why this is a list of fail

Fixed it for ya.

elektrixxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 elektrixxx
Member since 2004 • 11804 Posts

You'd be hard pressed to find a more casual racer than Mario Kart. Did you hear Reggies comment on it at E3? it went something like this: "New players will be bumper to bumper with experienced players". That means that it takes very little skill to play.dracula_16

He was talking about the range of control styles available and the familiarity of the Wii Wheel.

As for having little skill to play, it may be easy to begin with, but it's hard to master.

Crystall3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#103 Crystall3d
Member since 2005 • 397 Posts

the problem with WII is,

when you swing the "nunchaku" , it tries to match a predefined, animated , collision detected move , and it has nothing to do with you style of swinging...

for example

i am 190 cm tall person, when i swing , my attack should land to myfoe's head most of the time, but it does not! insde the game, i am a 100cm tall game character , when i do a paralel swing , i only damage my foe's torso , no throat...

its that kind of a poor technology and it is a lie, and they cheat the non-gamers...

plus it s graphics are CRAP! it resembles n64.

elektrixxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#104 elektrixxx
Member since 2004 • 11804 Posts

plus it s graphics are CRAP! it resembles n64.Crystall3d

No, you're blatantly wrong. Please stop wasting internet space with comments such as these.

EddyPee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 EddyPee
Member since 2005 • 474 Posts
[quote="chutup"]

6. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Another big hitter which I don't need to explain. One thing though: If one more person tells me that stacking beams and transforming into a super form is 'casual', I won't be responsible for my actions.0rin

No, but a first person shooter not having any form of online play, and as far as i know, no offline multiplayer either, that sounds, not casual, but extremely boring and lame to me.

Metroid isn't really designed for multiplayer. It hasn't got the controls, vehiclesor weapons you need for good multiplayer. You can't crouch or lie down, for instance, and for practical purposes there are only 4 different weapons, none of them automatic. Multiplayer needs automatic weapons. Metroid is designed for singleplayer.

EddyPee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 EddyPee
Member since 2005 • 474 Posts
[quote="chutup"]

Another big hitter which I don't need to explain. One thing though: If one more person tells me that stacking beams and transforming into a super form is 'casual', I won't be responsible for my actions.0rin

No, but a first person shooter not having any form of online play, and as far as i know, no offline multiplayer either, that sounds, not casual, but extremely boring and lame to me.

Metroid isn't really designed for multiplayer. It hasn't got the controls, vehiclesor weapons you need for good multiplayer. You can't crouch or lie down, for instance, and for practical purposes there are only 4 different weapons, none of them automatic. Multiplayer needs automatic weapons. Metroid is designed for singleplayer.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#107 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

The only games there that intrigue me even a little bit, are MP3 and Dragon Blade, but I am hardly going to go out and buy a Wii for those 2 games. As MP3 looks just like the first 2, and I have been there and done that. Dragon Blade, however, looks to be a genuinely 'good' game....but nothing spectacular at all.

Anyway, not trying to be mean here, but by and large, most of those titles just look like a mish mash of total low quality production games by today's standards. Low cost production games, that can be cashed in on by using the Wiimote as the selling point. That is why developers love the Wii so much.

As a matter of fact, as far as graphics go, they look like something that you would have seen released back on the Dreamcast (just a graphical comparison here, obviously not a sales comparison, lol.)Which was a great system, I own one. But we are talking visuals from the year 2000 or so here, and the fact that the Wii so far has hardly shown graphics that are on par with the Xbox is pretty disturbing by today's standards. Super Mario Galaxy being the only title worthy of exception here, as it looks really nice.

The point being though, is that like it or not, graphics DO matter as time progresses. And in my opinion, a trendy new controller cannot make up for the loss of immersion that is provided by a beautifully rendered game.....that also has quality gameplay with a standard control. That is just me though. There is just no way that I am willing to sacrifice overall quality and advancement in realism in games for a trendy new controller, so that I can play lower quality games in a different way. To each their own though.

rooster2991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#108 rooster2991
Member since 2007 • 293 Posts

most of those games look good/decent. THe great ones look to be only the big three and no more heroes in my opinion. Im not saying the wii has no games, its just if you look at the ps3/360/pc library, you cant deny the fact that there is more games, more innovative/new game ideas/concepts etc.

DiscordDut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 DiscordDut
Member since 2006 • 305 Posts

Here is the list I'm looking into for this year to buy. All these games look pretty promising for the Wii.

July 30, 2007 Mario Strikers Charged
Q3 2007 Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
October 29, 2007 Battalion Wars 2
October 2007 Manhunt 2
November 12, 2007 Super Mario Galaxy
November 13, 2007 WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2008
December 3, 2007 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
TBA 2007 Animal Crossing Wii
TBA 2007 TNA iMPACT!
TBA 2007 Trauma Center: New Blood

I see no "kid" games as you guys say that are coming out for the Wii that "we all want". Just because Animal Crossing Wii, may have the type of graphics that may attract a child of the age of 3. Does not mean that the game is for children. It is simply a fun long, lasting game.

Sure the Wii's graphics may be jaggy but while you are in the middle of the game you don't notice this kind of stuff as you are having too much fun playing the games. Don't get me wrong I love playing my friends 360, like Lost Planet, and their realistic sports games. But I still think Wii is a solid system for this year. For example look at the difference between the Gamecube graphics compared to Wii graphics. Games like Melee and Brawl, there is no doubt that there is change there.

kman3002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 kman3002
Member since 2006 • 1440 Posts
[QUOTE="Eponique"][QUOTE="hamidious"]

Why are games like De Blob andDewy's adventure on this list? Plus Zack and Wiki and Crystal Chronicles are casual games. Soul Calibre Legends and Dragon Blade seem mediocre (not to mention the real Final Fantasy and Soul Calibre games are coming to PS3). Meanwhile, don't expect to see disaster and project hammer soon, as they are not casual enough and resources have been shifted for more "casual" games.

Enjoy the casual experience, only on Wii.

subrosian

I LOL'd at this post.

There's a certain degree of validity to that. If you're trying to take on my viewpoint on the Wii, you need to do it with games that cater to my taste - not games that cater to the taste you're telling me I should have. You can't say "we're showing the hardcore gamer how great we are" by showcasing games only Wii fans are into - study the audience you're trying to impress.

When I want to show a Wii fan why the PC is great, I'll show them a game like Psychonauts - at the very least have the courtesy to pretend to understand the hardcore audience enough not to try and shove Dewy's Adventure, de Blob, Dragon Quest: Swords, or Project HAMMER down our throats - these *aren't* titles hardcore gamers consider to be hardcore - if Nintendo fans do, fine, but consider who you're marketing to. 0

What you've done here TC is create a post that's a rallying cry for people who are *already* fans of the Wii, and completely failed to capitalize on your goal of showing people who are "Wii haters" that they're wrong. If anything, the poor choice of using screenshots for a system that's strengths *do not* lie in graphics will reinforce the idea that the Wii is weak, which, combined with your selection of games results in something that says to the "haters" - "hey, you were right."

Dragon Quest isn't considered hardcore? My brain iz teh confuzled.:?

thardus317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 thardus317
Member since 2004 • 6400 Posts

Some of those games look like a lot of fun. :)

Anyhow, in my humble opinion good graphics can only take immersion so far. After you get past the "OMGWTF!!" factor you start to realize: "Hey, this is the same game I playing 5-10 years ago." At least that's how I am. :P

Avatar image for Smoke_ManMuscle
Smoke_ManMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Smoke_ManMuscle
Member since 2007 • 651 Posts

Where's Manhunt 2?

Anyway, that list is pretty good, but nothing's going to stop haters from hating. Most of them made up their minds to hate the system before the system's launch.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#114 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts

Here is the list I'm looking into for this year to buy. All these games look pretty promising for the Wii.

October 2007 Manhunt 2
TBA 2007 TNA iMPACT!

I see no "kid" games as you guys say that are coming out for the Wii that "we all want". Just because Animal Crossing Wii, may have the type of graphics that may attract a child of the age of 3. Does not mean that the game is for children. It is simply a fun long, lasting game.

Sure the Wii's graphics may be jaggy but while you are in the middle of the game you don't notice this kind of stuff as you are having too much fun playing the games. Don't get me wrong I love playing my friends 360, like Lost Planet, and their realistic sports games. But I still think Wii is a solid system for this year. For example look at the difference between the Gamecube graphics compared to Wii graphics. Games like Melee and Brawl, there is no doubt that there is change there.

DiscordDut

Is that it? :twisted:

July 24- Alien Syndrome
July 30- Mario Strikers: Charged
August 7- Boogie
August 14- Madden NFL 2008
August 20- Mercury Meltdown Revolution
August 27- Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
August 28- Tiger Woods: PGA Tour 08
September 4- Dewy's Adventure
September 11- Brothers in Arms: Double Time
September 18- MySims
September 25- Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party w/ Dance Pad bundle
September - Disaster: Day of Crisis
Q3 2007 - Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
Fall 2007 - Zack& Wiki: Quest for Barbados' Treasure
October 29- Batallion Wars 2
October 29- Endless Ocean
October 2007- Wii Music
October 2007- Manhunt 2
October 2007- Resident Evil: Umberella Chronicles
November 6- Ghost Squad
November 6- Soul Calibur Legends
November 12- Super Mario Galaxy
November 13- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
November 13- NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams
November 13- Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
November 13- WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008
November 20-Mario & Sonic at the Olympics
November 2007- Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn
November 2007- Harvest Moon Heroes
November 2007- Medal of Honor Heroes 2
December3- Super Smash Bros. Brawl

kman3002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 kman3002
Member since 2006 • 1440 Posts
[QUOTE="DiscordDut"]

October 2007 Manhunt 2
TBA 2007 TNA iMPACT!

Eponique

July 24- Alien Syndrome
August 7- Boogie
September 18- MySims
October 2007- Wii Music
October 2007- Manhunt 2
November 6- Ghost Squad

:o:o:o

Eponique can I borrow some money?:D

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#116 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
[QUOTE="chutup"]

As for Mario Kart people often use that quote but IMO Reggie was just talking crap then to get casuals interested. Nintendo isn't stupid. They know that a game which requires so little skill to play would not be fun for anyone, even casuals. Probably there will be a good handicap system but thats about it.

Runningflame570

I don't think thats the case at all..I think they are definitely going to take away some of the depth, because if you consider for a moment that even the first Mario Kart has a handicap system of sorts in Battle Mode...why else would he bother bringing it up?

Maybe he meant that the wheel controls will make the game more accessable on the surface for casuals, while the game stays true to the marioakart formula
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#117 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
[QUOTE="Eponique"][QUOTE="DiscordDut"]

October 2007 Manhunt 2
TBA 2007 TNA iMPACT!

kman3002

July 24- Alien Syndrome
August 7- Boogie
September 18- MySims
October 2007- Wii Music
October 2007- Manhunt 2
November 6- Ghost Squad

:o:o:o

Eponique can I borrow some money?:D

No, mines :evil:

Homesrfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Homesrfan
Member since 2006 • 5192 Posts

Don't forget...

21. Trama Center: New Blood

Trauma Center makes it return on Wii. With new missions, full voice acting, and online leaderboards.

22.Mario Strikers Charged

Mario is back to play some football/soccer. Now with online play.

dewmandew7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#120 dewmandew7
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts
Yeah, but why would "real gamers" want to play on a console that is barely more powerful than the last generation of consoles. The Wii should stick with what it does best: Games that'll be played for a couple minutes by people who bought the Wii for Wii Sports.
Homesrfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Homesrfan
Member since 2006 • 5192 Posts

Yeah, but why would "real gamers" want to play on a console that is barely more powerful than the last generation of consoles. The Wii should stick with what it does best: Games that'll be played for a couple minutes by people who bought the Wii for Wii Sports.dewmandew7

SMG, SSBB, MP3

Thanks.

Oh and...

Better than last gen for sure.

Avatar image for Runningflame570
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Runningflame570
Member since 2005 • 10388 Posts

Maybe he meant that the wheel controls will make the game more accessable on the surface for casuals, while the game stays true to the marioakart formulaShinobishyguy

No, I don't see how a housing (and one thats too small for most at that) will in any way shape or form help new players when the Wiimote itself has motion control, its not like the Wii Wheel does anything new.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts
All those are exclusives. I buy a console to play the exclusives and the multiplats. The Wii is missing almost all non-casual multiplats. So that's not good. Can you make a list of Wii multiplats that are not casuals?
WeeWeeJumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#124 WeeWeeJumbo
Member since 2005 • 5380 Posts

All those are exclusives. I buy a console to play the exclusives and the multiplats. The Wii is missing almost all non-casual multiplats. So that's not good. Can you make a list of Wii multiplats that are not casuals?manningbowl135

C'mon, you know that's not fair.

blues3531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 blues3531
Member since 2005 • 2632 Posts
rts games would be amazing on the wii, better than pc really if only it had better graphics we could see a company of heroes rendition :P
topcatyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 topcatyo
Member since 2006 • 1732 Posts

I'm going to give my honest opinion on these games:

1. No More Heroes

I was interested in the game when I saw that one E3 trailer, but once I saw actual gameplay, I became uninterested.

2. NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams

Doesn't interest me in the slightest.

3. Disaster: Day of Crisis

Does interest me.

4. Super Mario Galaxy

Mario games are fun, and I'd play it, but I'm not jumping up and down for it.

5. Project HAMMER

I heard that it was cancelled, which you did address, but even before that, the game didn't interest me at all.

Yeah, alright. I haven't really played any of the Metroid Primes.

7. Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Same goes for Super Mario Galaxy

8. Fire Emblem: Goddess of the Dawn

No

9. Battalion Wars II

No

10. Dewy's Adventure

Not interested.

11.Zack and Wiki

Saw a gameplay video and didn't change my mind: I'm still not interested in it.

12. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles 2: The Crystal Bearers

No

13. Soul Calibur Legends

No. The Soul Calibur games for the PS3 and 360 don't interest me either. I'm not a fighting game guy.

14.Dragon Blade: Wrath of Fire

No.

15. de Blob

Now this game has me really interested. I definitely wanna try this out.

16. Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk

No.

17. Mario Kart Wii

Nah. I'll stick with the N64 version.

18. Ghost Squad

No.

19. Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors

No.

20. Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

It depends on if it's good. I'm slightly interested in it.

chutup

The lineup isn't bad, but a lot of the games I just don't want.

Ryder004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Ryder004
Member since 2007 • 4371 Posts

all i got to say is: WORST GRAPHICS EVER!!!!

oh and the mario 1, id be emberaced to be a nintendo gamer......

Overthrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Overthrow
Member since 2004 • 7025 Posts

all i got to say is: WORST GRAPHICS EVER!!!!

oh and the mario 1, id be emberaced to be a nintendo gamer......

Ryder004

I'd be embarrassed to be your English teacher.

agentfred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 agentfred
Member since 2003 • 5666 Posts

lets just hope they don't go the way of project hammer, and get canned to make way for more "expanded audience games".

That line never gets old.

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#130 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

Haha, those are real games huh? The only ones that hold promise there are the Mario titles, and even then those are simple re-hashes. You were even desperate enough to post artwork?! Haha, the sheep really are in denial if they think the Wii has games that can compare to Lair, Halo 3, Mass Effect, Bio-Shock, Fable 2, and so much more it's not even funny. Only thing the Wii has are ports of good games, and good sales, and that's it. The rest is mini-game crap, and most of the hyped exclusives will either end up A: Flopping B: Getting delayed into obscurity or just being flat out cancelled C: turning out to be yet another Mario re-hash.

Oh, and did you just hype a Sega game? Is there something...wrong with you?

V_Isle

Wow some poeple are just so ignorant. Calling SMG a rehash? Fine then, Fable 2 and Halo 3 must be rehashes as well because there are more than one of them in the series.

No More Heroes, Zack and Wiki, Dewy's Adventure, de Blob, Soul Calibur Legends, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, NiGHTS, Metroid Prime 3, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, Battalion Wars II, Fire Emblem Goddess of Dawn, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers, Dragon Blade: Wrath of Fire, and Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors are all ports? Many of those are new IP's and the rest are sequels to successful franchises or or spin-offs. There is not one remake in that entire list. And how is a third party game going to be a Mario re-hash?

Avatar image for FlockofSpagheti
FlockofSpagheti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 FlockofSpagheti
Member since 2007 • 1292 Posts

You forgto some..

1.Trauma Center: New Blood (2008)

2.Mushroom Men: The Spore War (Fall 2008)

3.King Story (2008)

4.Opoona (2008)

5.Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk (2008)

6.Harvest Moon: Tree of Peace (Q4 2007)

7.Zelda Wii (2009)

8.Space Station Tycoon (2007)

no_submission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 no_submission
Member since 2007 • 961 Posts

This is what will happens to me in the future.

*I take break from playing Crysis*

*I go and play my Wii for a while*

*I burst into laughter and go back to play Crysis*

nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 nintendofreak_2

Well I don't know who you hear from that there isn't depth to the game, because they are tragically misinformed.

But the other examples you gave are exactly why. It has a relatively large learning curve, depth, great mulitplayer and competition (it's multiplayer only) and is one of the best shooters ever made. There's a reason why all the international gaming leagues have or had Quake III as one of their featured events.

Thompsonwhore
And many leagues have adopted Super Smash Bros. Melee as well. I've been playing Smash Bros since I was like 5 or 6.
CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 CyanX73
Member since 2004 • 3389 Posts
Oh man, my eyes...they burn!! That list was horrible man. Please don't ever try to do Wii boys a favor by posting that ever again.
bulb_or_parrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 bulb_or_parrot
Member since 2007 • 73 Posts
[QUOTE="Eponique"][QUOTE="hamidious"]

Why are games like De Blob andDewy's adventure on this list? Plus Zack and Wiki and Crystal Chronicles are casual games. Soul Calibre Legends and Dragon Blade seem mediocre (not to mention the real Final Fantasy and Soul Calibre games are coming to PS3). Meanwhile, don't expect to see disaster and project hammer soon, as they are not casual enough and resources have been shifted for more "casual" games.

Enjoy the casual experience, only on Wii.

subrosian

I LOL'd at this post.

There's a certain degree of validity to that. If you're trying to take on my viewpoint on the Wii, you need to do it with games that cater to my taste - not games that cater to the taste you're telling me I should have. You can't say "we're showing the hardcore gamer how great we are" by showcasing games only Wii fans are into - study the audience you're trying to impress.

When I want to show a Wii fan why the PC is great, I'll show them a game like Psychonauts - at the very least have the courtesy to pretend to understand the hardcore audience enough not to try and shove Dewy's Adventure, de Blob, Dragon Quest: Swords, or Project HAMMER down our throats - these *aren't* titles hardcore gamers consider to be hardcore - if Nintendo fans do, fine, but consider who you're marketing to.

What you've done here TC is create a post that's a rallying cry for people who are *already* fans of the Wii, and completely failed to capitalize on your goal of showing people who are "Wii haters" that they're wrong. If anything, the poor choice of using screenshots for a system that's strengths *do not* lie in graphics will reinforce the idea that the Wii is weak, which, combined with your selection of games results in something that says to the "haters" - "hey, you were right."

100% dead on here - this man (the TC) is trying to tell us what games we should like, instead of putting aside his pride and showing us the games that appeal to us. I like Nintendo, but it's ridiculous to try and sell a longtime gamer on the system by showing him such a simple experience as Dragon Quest: Swords. Don't give me a chicken sandwich when I want cheeseburgers, y'know?
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
take off legends, dewey's adventures, project hammer and de blob, and THEN you'll have a supreb list :D
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 nintendofreak_2
Yeah, but why would "real gamers" want to play on a console that is barely more powerful than the last generation of consoles. The Wii should stick with what it does best: Games that'll be played for a couple minutes by people who bought the Wii for Wii Sports.dewmandew7
I've played my Wii for over 14 hours in one sitting. I guess time moves differently around here. I didn't even want Wii Sports but it was free, so I didn't have a problem.
MF_D3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 MF_D3f
Member since 2005 • 1031 Posts
Please don't post stuff at random. Some games on your list have been cancelled or simply don't have anything on "real games" on "real" next-gen consoles.
Samulies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Samulies
Member since 2005 • 1658 Posts
where are these real games you where talking about?
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#140 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
Disaster: a game by monolith soft. An adventure game with a lot of plot. Involves the apocalypse, includign an earthquake, volcano, and tsunami attacking a city. Definitely not cancelled. Project hammer team possibly working on this game topolish it (encouraging since project hammer looked absolutely beautiful).
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
Please don't post stuff at random. Some games on your list have been cancelled or simply don't have anything on "real games" on "real" next-gen consoles.MF_D3f
care to give a few examples?
MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 MGS9150
Member since 2004 • 2491 Posts
Its a solid list but so far Wii controls have been broken, if they can make the controls for these game functional than I will have no choice but to buy a Wii :D.
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 nintendofreak_2
Its a solid list but so far Wii controls have been broken, if they can make the controls for these game functional than I will have no choice but to buy a Wii :D.MGS9150
Wow your being forced to buy a console? :P
MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#144 MADVLAD123
Member since 2005 • 6053 Posts

Most of those games look kinda lame...I don't see the excitement behind No More Heroes either.

There are still some good games in there though...just not as many as I expected...

also, Project H.A.M.M.E.R is cancelled:

http://www.infendo.com/wii/project-hammer-is-dead/

DJ_Vhat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 DJ_Vhat
Member since 2007 • 447 Posts
I couldn't look at the list properly because of my 56k connection, but I am well aware of the Wii's games. And they don't dissapoint.
i_like_pizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 i_like_pizza
Member since 2002 • 4683 Posts

Most of those games look kinda lame...I don't see the excitement behind No More Heroes either.

MADVLAD123

Totally disagree.... the excitement is more about the dev team than it is about what is know about the game itself. Killer 7 has a large, devout following, and it was actually quite a spectacular game.

MF_D3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 MF_D3f
Member since 2005 • 1031 Posts

[QUOTE="MF_D3f"]Please don't post stuff at random. Some games on your list have been cancelled or simply don't have anything on "real games" on "real" next-gen consoles.nintendo-4life
care to give a few examples?

Project Hammer - cancelled

SC Legends - crappy spinoff

RE:UC - lightgun game

ToS 2 - Have you seen the latest Tales games ? They're all garbage.

SH_guY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#148 SH_guY
Member since 2004 • 1108 Posts
its an ok list.. but again theres only like 3 - 4 games i want on it. not enough justification to buy one yet :(
Huxley_08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Huxley_08
Member since 2007 • 64 Posts

where are the games?!?!

The Wii is getting more old Vurtual Console games than actual games!!!

this is getting pathetic

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#150 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts

its an ok list.. but again theres only like 3 - 4 games i want on it. not enough justification to buy one yet :(SH_guY

Well, I went over this earlier in more eloquent terms, but this is simply *terribly* executed.

Perceived Problem: people are bashing the Wii because they feel it mainly has games they call casual like Dewy's Adventure or Dragon Quest: Swords

Solution: make a forum post with pictures of Metroid Prime, Dewy's Adventure, and Dragon Quest: Swords

Frankly, it simply validates the viewpoint it's trying to disprove - that is - it shows that the Wii focuses greatly on non-traditional gamers and casuals, with very little focus on the core gamer. We are picking the gems out of the trash pile. The best defense of the Wii would be to show the core titles on their own, without trying to shove questionable titles onto the list, or trying to debate semantics with dissenters.