I was wrong....Twilight Princess is the BEST Zelda game ever!

• 105 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts
It is like a fine wine. It grows on you. Seriously...go back and play through it. It is better than OoT. Midna is one of the best characters in Zelda history. In TP, you can skip the cutscenes if you want. You can't do so with OoT. In TP, there is a miniboss in every dungeon...not so with OoT. The spinner is fun to use, and even though the bosses are way too easy, they FEEL epic in scope. Twilight Princess may not have as many minigames as OoT, but the fishing minigame is infinitely better in TP. Also, I like the Twilight Realm a lot. Wolf segments don't bother me anymore.The game is an ingenious work of art and is better than OoT. I'll admit though...goat herding still sucks...
Avatar image for slothboyadvance
slothboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 slothboyadvance
Member since 2003 • 12596 Posts

I liked OOT better because it was more challenging. TP was somewhat of a dissapointment for me.

Good read btw.

coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 coreygames
Member since 2005 • 5027 Posts
What... where's the catch? The hidden anti-wii message? The hidden sheep flaming?
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
I didn't hate TP, but I didn't love it either. It was nice though, and I'd agree with GS' review of the game. Hopefully the next Zelda takes full advantage of what the Wii allows.
Sir-Marwin105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sir-Marwin105
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts
It is like a fine wine. It grows on you. Seriously...go back and play through it. It is better than OoT. Midna is one of the best characters in Zelda history. In TP, you can skip the cutscenes if you want. You can't do so with OoT. In TP, there is a miniboss in every dungeon...not so with OoT. The spinner is fun to use, and even though the bosses are way too easy, they FEEL epic in scope. Twilight Princess may not have as many minigames as OoT, but the fishing minigame is infinitely better in TP. Also, I like the Twilight Realm a lot. Wolf segments don't bother me anymore.The game is an ingenious work of art and is better than OoT. I'll admit though...goat herding still sucks...AvIdGaMeR444
I agree. I really thought it was a disappointment, but as I played it more, I found it to be great. I still think WW is better though.
Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

Zant was pretty good addition to the many Zelda villains. One of my favorite.

The Stallord fight was epic.

M1KES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 M1KES
Member since 2003 • 750 Posts
IMO it was one of the worst zelda's. That doesnt make it a bad game, just not as good as the others. But visually its the best zelda ever created. I HATED windwaker's art style.
slothboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 slothboyadvance

Shad0ki11

Zant was awesome at first, until...
[spoiler] ...you went to fight him and he turned out to be an obnoxious weakling that Ganondorf manipulated. [/spoiler]
But before that he was totally awesome.

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Shad0ki11
[QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]

slothboyadvance

[spoiler] ...you went to fight him and he turned out to be an obnoxious weakling that Ganondorf manipulated. [/spoiler]

I like the part when....(possible spoiler for some)

[spoiler] When Link and Midna are in Lanayru's shrine after finally getting all the dark shadow-pieces(or whatever) and Zant appears before them to crash their victory then the Light Spirit appears before Link to defend him, but Zant just bashes it's head against the wall and knocks it out without any effort. [/spoiler]

Then I was like,"Whoa!"

XD

slothboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 slothboyadvance
[QUOTE="slothboyadvance"][QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]

Shad0ki11

[spoiler] When Link and Midna are in Lanayru's shrine after finally getting all the dark shadow-pieces(or whatever) and Zant appears before them to crash their victory then the Light Spirit appears before Link to defend him, but Zant just bashes it's head against the wall and knocks it out without any effort. [/spoiler]

Then I was like,"Whoa!"

XD

Yeah, that was pretty cool. I liked the whole mysterious feel he had going until he... well, you know.

laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts
It is like a fine wine. It grows on you. Seriously...go back and play through it. It is better than OoT. Midna is one of the best characters in Zelda history. In TP, you can skip the cutscenes if you want. You can't do so with OoT. In TP, there is a miniboss in every dungeon...not so with OoT. The spinner is fun to use, and even though the bosses are way too easy, they FEEL epic in scope. Twilight Princess may not have as many minigames as OoT, but the fishing minigame is infinitely better in TP. Also, I like the Twilight Realm a lot. Wolf segments don't bother me anymore.The game is an ingenious work of art and is better than OoT. I'll admit though...goat herding still sucks...AvIdGaMeR444
It didnt blow me away as much as OoT did.And it bugged me how easy all of the bosses were. But besides that the game was freaknig amazing. the Cave of Ordeals was awesome.
bc1391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bc1391
Member since 2004 • 11906 Posts
[QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]

slothboyadvance

[spoiler] I thought Zant was gonna be all badass but when you fight him hes all yipping and running around like a squirrel with ADHD.... [/spoiler]
slothboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 slothboyadvance
[QUOTE="slothboyadvance"][QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]

bc1391

[spoiler] I thought Zant was gonna be all badass but when you fight him hes all yipping and running around like a squirrel with ADHD.... [/spoiler]

[spoiler] Yeah, that angered me. Half way through the game when you see Ganondorf getting banished to the shadow realm, I knew it was all him behind it. Kinda ruined the remainder of the game imo [/spoiler]

Svarthek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Svarthek
Member since 2005 • 1431 Posts
My favorite Zelda games were the portable ones:  Link's Awakening, the Oracle games, and The Minish Cap.
RDS_Phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RDS_Phoenix
Member since 2007 • 173 Posts
I despised Wind Waker, and OoT is my favourite game ever ever ever. So OoT2 is what I wanted, and pretty much what I got. Job done. Bought it on the GC though, just because I couldn't stand the thought of the stupid controls ruining Zelda :p
Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Shad0ki11
[QUOTE="Shad0ki11"][QUOTE="slothboyadvance"][QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]

slothboyadvance

Then I was like,"Whoa!"

XD

Yeah, that was pretty cool. I liked the whole mysterious feel he had going until he... well, you know.

Yeah true...:(

He's still cool as a puppet though, otherwise he's kinda....:|

bc1391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bc1391
Member since 2004 • 11906 Posts
[QUOTE="bc1391"][QUOTE="slothboyadvance"][QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]

slothboyadvance

[spoiler] Yeah, that angered me. Half way through the game when you see Ganondorf getting banished to the shadow realm, I knew it was all him behind it. Kinda ruined the remainder of the game imo [/spoiler]

[spoiler] Yeah, I felt Ganondorf's role in the game was fanservice at best, they could have included him in the story alot better [/spoiler]
grayfox_2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 grayfox_2k
Member since 2005 • 1901 Posts

What... where's the catch? The hidden anti-wii message? The hidden sheep flaming?coreygames

:lol: yeah i'm like proof reading the post, there must be a sarcastic hook lol

solidte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 solidte
Member since 2005 • 3616 Posts
Twilight Princess is a great Zelda game, a nice refine of OOT. It didn't really change the formula that much which meant it wasn't nearly as revolutionary as other Zelda games but it is still a fun, epic and memorable game. I just don't get it why people, just because of the 8.9 score (I played the GameCube) bash it and make TP look like crap.
slothboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 slothboyadvance
[QUOTE="slothboyadvance"][QUOTE="Shad0ki11"][QUOTE="slothboyadvance"][QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]

Shad0ki11

Then I was like,"Whoa!"

XD

Yeah true...:(

He's still cool as a puppet though, otherwise he's kinda....:|

[spoiler] I was really hoping he was the guy you had to beat. The Zelda universe could go for another big villain. [/spoiler]

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Shad0ki11

[QUOTE="coreygames"]What... where's the catch? The hidden anti-wii message? The hidden sheep flaming?grayfox_2k

:lol: yeah i'm like proof reading the post, there must be a sarcastic hook lol

Sarcasm is hard to detect on the internets, as you cannot detect sarcasm like you can listening to one's voice. To be sarcastic on the internets, one may have to be extremely blatant.

laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 laughingman42
What... where's the catch? The hidden anti-wii message? The hidden sheep flaming?coreygames
I think he makes most of his threads just to stir up some trouble.
slothboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 slothboyadvance
[QUOTE="slothboyadvance"][QUOTE="bc1391"][QUOTE="slothboyadvance"][QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]

bc1391

[spoiler] Yeah, I felt Ganondorf's role in the game was fanservice at best, they could have included him in the story alot better [/spoiler]

[spoiler] After you beat Zant, Ganondorf's rolefelt really tacked on. Took away from the drama of it all. [/spoiler]

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Shad0ki11

[spoiler] I was really hoping he was the guy you had to beat. The Zelda universe could go for another big villain. [/spoiler] slothboyadvance

Yeah, I was hoping for that too. Zant was pretty good though, no? Kinda reminded me of Agahnim.

laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 laughingman42

[spoiler] I was really hoping he was the guy you had to beat. The Zelda universe could go for another big villain. [/spoiler]

slothboyadvance

[spoiler] I hope the give him a break in the next game and let some big bad dude take over. They can bring him back after that but next game I want smoething new. I'm not really sure why I'm using the spoiler thing [/spoiler]

slothboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 slothboyadvance

[QUOTE="slothboyadvance"]

[spoiler] I was really hoping he was the guy you had to beat. The Zelda universe could go for another big villain. [/spoiler] Shad0ki11

Yeah, I was hoping for that too. Zant was pretty good though, no? Kinda reminded me of Agahnim.

Yeah, I got that same impression.

slothboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 slothboyadvance

laughingman42

[spoiler] I hope the give him a break in the next game and let some big bad dude take over. They can bring him back after that but next game I want smoething new. I'm not really sure why I'm using the spoiler thing [/spoiler]

I just hope there's a different story. Zelda getting captured is getting about as old as Princess Peach getting captured.

[spoiler] Dude, spoiler tag rules. This is the first thread I ever used it in. [/spoiler]

RDS_Phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RDS_Phoenix
Member since 2007 • 173 Posts
[QUOTE="laughingman42"][QUOTE="slothboyadvance"]

slothboyadvance

I just hope there's a different story. Zelda getting captured is getting about as old as Princess Peach getting captured.

[spoiler] Dude, spoiler tag rules. This is the first thread I ever used it in. [/spoiler]

Can you PM eachother? The point of a forum is to read posts, not skip most of the page due to spoilers.

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Shad0ki11

laughingman42

[spoiler] Spoilers hide things that might ruin people's lives if revealed. You have to admit, these spoiler things are always asking to be clicked. It's like they're calling me.

btw, Jesus dies in the Bible (there's a spoiler omg! XD)

Anyway,I want to see some Zelda games without Ganon or Ganondorf, unless they createa game where you actually get to use him as a main character...that would be quite interesting.

[/spoiler]

furtherfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 furtherfan
Member since 2007 • 3699 Posts
it's a really, really good game. but still, there was something missing. i didn't feel close to the characters.. except for midna, who indeed is ne of the best characters EVER.
Iyethar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Iyethar
Member since 2006 • 4660 Posts
I enjoyed it more on my second run-through. When you're not constantly involved in finding out what happens next it's easier to take the game at a leisurely pace and just relax and enjoy playing through it.
Greyhound222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 Greyhound222
Member since 2005 • 2899 Posts
[QUOTE="bc1391"][QUOTE="slothboyadvance"][QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]

slothboyadvance

[spoiler] Yeah,Zant was a little weakling when he takes off the mask.Otherwise,he's the coolest looking enemy.Also,did anyone think that Gannondorf's model looked awesome. [/spoiler]
Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts
Zelda 2 is the best Zelda.
Avatar image for norfair_dweller
norfair_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 norfair_dweller
Member since 2007 • 1639 Posts
I thought Link's Awakening for the Game Boy was the best one, with Wind Waker at second.
Ado-odA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ado-odA
Member since 2007 • 98 Posts
Hm...its good but OOT is still my favorite
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
Agreed. I thought it was only good until after I beat the water temple. Now I consider it the best game I've ever played.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

I found it quite dull and unfufilling.... And I bought the Cube version at full retail.....

I regretted it :(

And this is comming from a former OOT and Majoras Mask fanboy.

I loved them, but TP just felt soo old and not in a good nostalgic way. Compared to other action adventure games of this day in age it didnt hold up as well...

Yea I agreed with the review. Not initially, I thought it was a joke, but when I bought the game - It started to dawn on me.

The same repeated Zelda formula just isnt the same.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

I know what you mean, yet, I'm stil disappointed at the game. Mostly because of the large potential it has, but it fail to use it. Ocarina of Time had more interesting weapons, and most of all, more interesting dungeon design. And in any case, Ocarina of Time had more dungeons as well, if you count the sub-dungeon you have to visit before you can enter the main dungeon. If Majoras Mask had more dungeons, I would say that Majoras Mask is better than both. If TP had more distinct weapons that don't become useless after a certain amount of uses, Magic (Arrows), more species (Or classes), and a better world design (Don't get me wrong, TP was design well, but I feel they could have done a better job with alot of aspects of the game like the Lost Woods (Or sacred Grove,whatever you want to call it), where theres basically nothing else you can do over there once you have done the dungeon and received the master sword. Same for Gerudos Valley. They call it that, but theres not a single Gerudos over there), it probably would be the best zelda created. But it ranks number 3 of my zelda list...

Oh and I would also like to add, if TP also had a better dungeon design where it makes you want to just give up on it because of boredom, it will also be better as well...

crazyjames1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 crazyjames1080
Member since 2006 • 7377 Posts

Agreed. I thought it was only good until after I beat the water temple. Now I consider it the best game I've ever played.Hoffgod

Yay, thats the bit I just done.

gecko_hawaii13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 gecko_hawaii13
Member since 2003 • 187 Posts
I thought it had the best gameplay (except for easy bosses), but I wasn't overly fond of the story. It was too detached and didn't feel epic enough.
JLAudio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 JLAudio7
Member since 2007 • 2729 Posts

my only complaint about twilight princess is that the bosses are way too easy. it seemed nintendo wanted this game to appeal to both core andcasual gamers. thats fine with me, but they didnt have to dumb down the bosses.

EDIT its still an awesomegame and it is one of my favorite zeldas, but i enjoyed OoT better.

link15000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#44 link15000
Member since 2006 • 828 Posts
Damn well the best Zelda game I've played.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts

I hated fishing.

If I could die again without ever having to fish in Twilight Princess again... I might die happy.

mestizoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mestizoman
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts

1. twilight fetch quest are horrid

2. the game is too easy

3. some of the puzzles are too boring, easy

4. the combat isnt deep

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

It is the best Zelda I've ever played,however,the only flaw I found with the game is that the bosses were too easy.They had such an epic feel,but they were pretty easy to take down.If they ramped up the difficulty for those bosses,they could have been more memorable than they are now.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

I found it quite dull and unfufilling.... And I bought the Cube version at full retail.....

I loved them, but TP just felt soo old and not in a good nostalgic way. Compared to other action adventure games of this day in age it didnt hold up as well...

Yea I agreed with the review. Not initially, I thought it was a joke, but when I bought the game - It started to dawn on me.

skrat_01

If you are talking about Zelda Formula, it seems to me that they took the worse aspect of Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask, and made TP with them, while adding a few elements from Wind Waker and it's own. I think I would have been better satisfied if they just remade Ocarina of Time with slight tweaking here and there. Ocarina of Time is a better game, but it's really starting to show it's age. Despite that, it remains as my most appreciated game of all time...

JLAudio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 JLAudio7
Member since 2007 • 2729 Posts

It is the best Zelda I've ever played,however,the only flaw I found with the game is that the bosses were too easy.They had such an epic feel,but they were pretty easy to take down.If they ramped up the difficulty for those bosses,they could have been more memorable than they are now.

VGobbsesser
maybe in the next zelda theyll be harder. i also hope they have an option to fight the bosses again. after playing through TP i kinda wanted to go back and refight the bosses (specifically stallord since he was my fav)
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]

tocool340

If you are talking about Zelda Formula, it seems to me that they took the worse aspect of Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask, and made TP with them, while adding a few elements from Wind Waker and it's own. I think I would have been better satisfied if they just remade Ocarina of Time with slight tweaking here and there. Ocarina of Time is a better game, but it's really starting to show it's age. Despite that, it remains as my most appreciated game of all time...

Yes I agree with you on taking the worse aspects of OT and MM. As for Wind Waker - Im yet to play it.

And OT is showing its age, but its still defitnaly one of the best games out there. Defitnaly my most played N64 game - as I loved tooling around and exploring. Pity MM seriously restricted you with time - even if you could slow it down. That really bugged me.

And a remade OT would be killer. Even an upscaled one with AA would be great - but I guess you have to leave that for the emulators.