I was wrong....Twilight Princess is the BEST Zelda game ever!

• 105 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
[QUOTE="VGobbsesser"]

It is the best Zelda I've ever played,however,the only flaw I found with the game is that the bosses were too easy.They had such an epic feel,but they were pretty easy to take down.If they ramped up the difficulty for those bosses,they could have been more memorable than they are now.

JLAudio7

maybe in the next zelda theyll be harder. i also hope they have an option to fight the bosses again. after playing through TP i kinda wanted to go back and refight the bosses (specifically stallord since he was my fav)

I would have liked a boss rush mode,or something.They should have taken the idea from Majoras Mask to let you fight the bosses again.

And Stallord is my favorite,as well.8)

POJO_MOFO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 POJO_MOFO
Member since 2004 • 5525 Posts
OOT>WW>TP IMO
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#53 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
[QUOTE="tocool340"][QUOTE="skrat_01"]

I found it quite dull and unfufilling.... And I bought the Cube version at full retail.....

I regretted it :(

And this is comming from a former OOT and Majoras Mask fanboy.

I loved them, but TP just felt soo old and not in a good nostalgic way. Compared to other action adventure games of this day in age it didnt hold up as well...

Yea I agreed with the review. Not initially, I thought it was a joke, but when I bought the game - It started to dawn on me.

The same repeated Zelda formula just isnt the same.

skrat_01

If you are talking about Zelda Formula, it seems to me that they took the worse aspect of Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask, and made TP with them, while adding a few elements from Wind Waker and it's own. I think I would have been better satisfied if they just remade Ocarina of Time with slight tweaking here and there. Ocarina of Time is a better game, but it's really starting to show it's age. Despite that, it remains as my most appreciated game of all time...

Yes I agree with you on taking the worse aspects of OT and MM. As for Wind Waker - Im yet to play it.

And OT is showing its age, but its still defitnaly one of the best games out there. Defitnaly my most played N64 game - as I loved tooling around and exploring. Pity MM seriously restricted you with time - even if you could slow it down. That really bugged me.

And a remade OT would be killer. Even an upscaled one with AA would be great - but I guess you have to leave that for the emulators.

It was Majoras Mask rsstriction thats was the only flaw to me in that game. Couldn't use the all powerful Fierce Diety Mask whenever or where ever like, time got annoying (especially when I'm in a dungeon, knowing something bad is going to happen outside at a certain time, like those ghost appearing a Romani ranch, and I got to drop what I'm doing to go and save the little girl becauseI would have a guiltyconscience if I just let them take her with lifting a finger to help....), it lacked dungeons (which prevents it in my opinion from being better than Ocarina of Time), and some of the dungeons were very annoying, and I'm not talking TP annoying, I'm talking about it's difficulty as I said before, the time restriction prevents you from taking it easy through a dungeon.

But if they were to remake Ocarina of Time, I hope they included Majoras Mask story as well, where you can travel back and forth through both lands. And also make Fierce Deity a actually item I can use outside a boss room...

Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Dencore
Member since 2006 • 7094 Posts

Agreed. I thought it was only good until after I beat the water temple. Now I consider it the best game I've ever played.Hoffgod

You took the words right out of my mouth. :)

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
[QUOTE="slothboyadvance"][QUOTE="bc1391"][QUOTE="slothboyadvance"][QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]

Zant was pretty good addition to the many Zelda villains. One of my favorite.

The Stallord fight was epic.

bc1391

Zant was awesome at first, until...
[spoiler] ...you went to fight him and he turned out to be an obnoxious weakling that Ganondorf manipulated. [/spoiler]
But before that he was totally awesome.

[spoiler] I thought Zant was gonna be all badass but when you fight him hes all yipping and running around like a squirrel with ADHD.... [/spoiler]

[spoiler] Yeah, that angered me. Half way through the game when you see Ganondorf getting banished to the shadow realm, I knew it was all him behind it. Kinda ruined the remainder of the game imo [/spoiler]

[spoiler] Yeah, I felt Ganondorf's role in the game was fanservice at best, they could have included him in the story alot better [/spoiler]

They should've just made Zant the main villain and fleshed out his character more.

[spoiler] and was I the only one that liked zant in his crack addict monkeymode. It was funny as hell to watch [/spoiler]

Homesrfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56 Homesrfan
Member since 2006 • 5192 Posts
OoT was the best for me, but TP came close.
Trading_Zoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#57 Trading_Zoner
Member since 2007 • 4100 Posts
OoT was WAY better for it's time, and IMO is a better game all around fun-wise than TP.
bc1391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 bc1391
Member since 2004 • 11906 Posts
[QUOTE="bc1391"][QUOTE="slothboyadvance"][QUOTE="bc1391"][QUOTE="slothboyadvance"][QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]

Shinobishyguy

[spoiler] ...you went to fight him and he turned out to be an obnoxious weakling that Ganondorf manipulated. [/spoiler]

[spoiler] I thought Zant was gonna be all badass but when you fight him hes all yipping and running around like a squirrel with ADHD.... [/spoiler]

[spoiler] Yeah, that angered me. Half way through the game when you see Ganondorf getting banished to the shadow realm, I knew it was all him behind it. Kinda ruined the remainder of the game imo [/spoiler]

[spoiler] Yeah, I felt Ganondorf's role in the game was fanservice at best, they could have included him in the story alot better [/spoiler]

They should've just made Zant the main villain and fleshed out his character more.

[spoiler] and was I the only one that liked zant in his crack addict monkeymode. It was funny as hell to watch [/spoiler]

lol at the amount of spoilers

[spoiler] The thing is, Ganon has to be in the game, every Zelda game has to include Link, Princess Zelda and Ganon but his role felt really tacked on [/spoiler]

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#59 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
It is a great and very fun game. Disappointingly not challenging at all but that doesn't detract from the experience at all... it just lowers replay value.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Shinobishyguy
[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="bc1391"][QUOTE="slothboyadvance"][QUOTE="bc1391"][QUOTE="slothboyadvance"][QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]

bc1391

lol at the amount of spoilers

[spoiler] The thing is, Ganon has to be in the game, every Zelda game has to include Link, Princess Zelda and Ganon but his role felt really tacked on [/spoiler]

[spoiler] Minish cap didn't have Ganon. Majora's mask didn't have Ganon [/spoiler]

As for all these complaints about the difficulty, yes it was easy....but at least it was a slight step up from the wind waker's difficulty.

Avatar image for PelekotansDream
PelekotansDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#61 PelekotansDream
Member since 2005 • 7602 Posts
Yeah its great. I am happy with my purchase of a Wii even if I never get another game. It was well worth it for Zelda. Its been so long that I got so happy and excited playing a game, it was almost like I was back to being 8 years of age.
jessmo30_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 jessmo30_basic
Member since 2002 • 8975 Posts

Yeah its great. I am happy with my purchase of a Wii even if I never get another game. It was well worth it for Zelda. Its been so long that I got so happy and excited playing a game, it was almost like I was back to being 8 years of age.PelekotansDream

Midna was the one thatI was really drawn to. she starded out as a annoying Brat but i feel in love by the end I Heart midna!:)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts

:)

[spoiler] You've spoiled the game for me :cry: [/spoiler]

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
In my opinion it goes in this order. I'm weird. MM > LttP > OoT > TP > WW
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Shinobishyguy
In my opinion it goes in this order. I'm weird. MM > LttP > OoT > WW > TPIbacai
I though you said you liked TP better than WW?
XmasterX01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#66 XmasterX01
Member since 2003 • 1162 Posts
OoT was slightly better due to the fact it took advantage of the N64's hardware(in which TP didn't use the Wii to it's full potential). Ganondorf on TP was easy, it took me 2 tries to beat him, while gannondorf in OoT is more dreadful
Elviathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Elviathan
Member since 2006 • 5052 Posts
Yeah for me as well considering that's the only Zelda game I've played.
XmasterX01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#68 XmasterX01
Member since 2003 • 1162 Posts

[QUOTE="Ibacai"]In my opinion it goes in this order. I'm weird. MM > LttP > OoT > WW > TPShinobishyguy

Which one is MM?

LttP = Link to The Past(Zelda III for SNES)

OoT = Ocarina of Time(N64)

WW = Wind Waker(GC)

TP = Twilight Princess(GC/WII).

but I have no idear what MM is.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Shinobishyguy
Yeah for me as well considering that's the only Zelda game I've played. Elviathan
Get the collectors edition disc. It has all the classics.
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Ibacai
[QUOTE="Ibacai"]In my opinion it goes in this order. I'm weird. MM > LttP > OoT > WW > TPShinobishyguy

Did I? I was pretty sure I liked WW more but hated the fetch quest. Zelda games confuse me to no end. :P
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Ibacai

Did I? I was pretty sure I liked WW more but hated the fetch quest. Zelda games confuse me to no end. :P Edit : Haha, I did indeed. I'll go change my post right now. Go me and my absentmindedness.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="Ibacai"]In my opinion it goes in this order. I'm weird. MM > LttP > OoT > WW > TPXmasterX01

Majora's mask

Which one is MM?

WW = Wind Waker(GC)

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="Ibacai"]In my opinion it goes in this order. I'm weird. MM > LttP > OoT > WW > TPXmasterX01

Which one is MM?

WW = Wind Waker(GC)

MM = Majora's Mask, smart one.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="Ibacai"]In my opinion it goes in this order. I'm weird. MM > LttP > OoT > WW > TPIbacai

Did I? I was pretty sure I liked WW more but hated the fetch quest. Zelda games confuse me to no end. :P

Yeah....the fetch quest was the main reason whyI prefer Tp to WW.

Why does you opinion fluctuate?

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Ibacai

[QUOTE="Ibacai"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="Ibacai"]In my opinion it goes in this order. I'm weird. MM > LttP > OoT > WW > TPShinobishyguy

Yeah....the fetch quest was the main reason whyI prefer Tp to WW.

Why does you opinion fluctuate?

It didn't really, I'm just absentminded and they're both great games. *points to both of his edits* *whistles*
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
How come Zelda games are the only ones that ever get true spoiler tag use?
GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#77 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
I've played it through twice, and even though the story made sense completely the second time, in no realm of reality is it better than OoT. In fact, other than Zelda 2, Four Swords, and Four Swords Adventures, it is the worst Zelda imho.
hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 hamstergeddon
Member since 2006 • 7188 Posts
Who are you and what have you done to the real AvidGamer???

jk :P

the 3 things I found TP was missing was: 

1) Originality Felt too much like OoT, items, bosses etc.
2) Difficulty:  I beat Gannondorf in a single try, and Gannon in two.  There clearly needed to be different difficulty setting or something of the matter
3) Sidequests:  Not only that, but morer optional content.  mini-games, side-uests, and getting to know other characters in general. For examaple, in MM did this really well, with lots of mini-games, and LOTS of sidequests.  Heck, MM had a whole series of sidequests (the Kafe-Anjou plot) that could probably constitute fpr a game in its own right.  TP didn't have nay of this.   
Gator08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#79 Gator08
Member since 2006 • 1459 Posts

3d zeldas in order of awesomeness

Oot

WW

TP

MM

One huge problem I have with TP is that its too much like Oot

I mean

3 beginning temple are forest, fire, water in that order

Get master sword, do dungeons kill ganondorf the end

All temples in all zelda games have set themes, the most original one was the snow temple or sky city.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#80 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

ahh, where's the love for majora's mask? Best zelda ever! Best game ever! MM>LTTP>0oT>LW>TP>WW>OoA>AoL

Here's my take on why people dont like the game, and my response to it

1) It's hard. I think this is the main reason people criticize it. There are other issues, but if it were a bit easier people wouldn't mind jumping through those hoops as much. Imo, a silly reason, as the difficulty did a wonderful job at keeping me immersed, since I felt if I ever let down I would either miss something important or get absolutely creamed.

2) It's dark. In so many ways. First off, its a recurring apocalypse where many of the characters are in varying states of depression. There is a lot of victims in the game. Everything from the starving goron on the frozen waterfall, to the little girl who gets permanently traumatized by alien-like demons. So many side quests to help people are like that. They are alone and depressed.Several keydeaths occur. Helping people does nothing since once you go back, everything is crappy again, so it seems like your taking advantage since you're still taking things from these sorry souls. The one poster mentioned feeling guilty about having to let those demons traumatize that little girl. I feel that too. I would be in a dungeon, notice the time (2:30 in the morning on first day - if i remember right) and think, "oh boy, that little girl is really getting it right now, oh well, it will work out in the end, hopefully". IMO, I understand how people could hate this aspect, but I thought it added a great dimension to the game.

3) The time limit is restricting. no, just no. Completely unfair and unfounded. If you're just exploring, you can always rewind and keep exploring. Not a big deal. As for dungeons, just stay alert and you should be able to beat it first time. I failed to beat my avatar so I had to go back and do the whole dungeon again, but guess what? When you go back to do a dungeon a second time, there is no excuse for not finishing it, as you should quickly finish the parts leading up to where you were stuck and then have loads of time for the rest. The time limit also added realism, in that when the game tells you to hurry, you actually have tohurry. Moreover, the time limit allows for the most amazing characterization in any zelda, hands down

Avatar image for -LegendaryLuck-
-LegendaryLuck-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 -LegendaryLuck-
Member since 2007 • 333 Posts
I am currently on the last temple (the one in the sky), and it's my favorite Zelda game of all time also. Altough I've never played the orignal Ocarina of Time, I did play the Master's Quest edition, and it was a hell of a game too.
steve_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 steve_89
Member since 2006 • 790 Posts

it really bugged me how they changed all of the towns and lakes.
i grew up playing oot and when i stepped into kakoriko village in tp i was devistated lol

i wish they had kept cirtain things the same but improved on them.
other then that i have no complaints but im not all the way through it yet (got it last weekend)

joe_g_patton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#83 joe_g_patton
Member since 2003 • 1548 Posts
The best Zelda game is Soul Calibur II for the gamecube......or maybe that sweet Zelda game for the Phillips CDi
Xeratule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Xeratule
Member since 2003 • 4472 Posts

I agree with the OP; TP is the best Zelda game to date. With that said, I feel sad because Midna will be a character that will be forgotten in the long run, and I shall surely miss her.

Although voice acting is a double edged sword, I think TP was hated on mostly because of the lack of it. In this day and age, people want more of a movie like experience rather than a story book.

grim653

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 grim653
Member since 2005 • 440 Posts
I DONT REALLY AGREE BUT I DO AGREE WITH THE FACT THAT THE SECOND TIME YOU PLAY IT, IT IS MORE EPIC I GOT MORE INTO IT THE SECOND TIME AROUND FOR SOME REASON
Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#87 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

ALTTP > every other Zelda game out there.

Best story, awesome graphics, it was pretty long, The bosses were not as easy as they are in the 3D zelda games, it had two worlds, like the twilight realm... I don't know, it was awesome, no wait, it IS awesome.

laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts

ALTTP > every other Zelda game out there.

Best story, awesome graphics, it was pretty long, The bosses were not as easy as they are in the 3D zelda games, it had two worlds, like the twilight realm... I don't know, it was awesome, no wait, it IS awesome.

_TheJoker_
The 16bit generation as aged better than any other generation by a good bit.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Shinobishyguy

ahh, where's the love for majora's mask? Best zelda ever! Best game ever! MM>LTTP>0oT>LW>TP>WW>OoA>AoL

1) It's hard. I think this is the main reason people criticize it. There are other issues, but if it were a bit easier people wouldn't mind jumping through those hoops as much. Imo, a silly reason, as the difficulty did a wonderful job at keeping me immersed, since I felt if I ever let down I would either miss something important or get absolutely creamed.

2) It's dark. In so many ways. First off, its a recurring apocalypse where many of the characters are in varying states of depression. There is a lot of victims in the game. Everything from the starving goron on the frozen waterfall, to the little girl who gets permanently traumatized by alien-like demons. So many side quests to help people are like that. They are alone and depressed.Several keydeaths occur. Helping people does nothing since once you go back, everything is crappy again, so it seems like your taking advantage since you're still taking things from these sorry souls. The one poster mentioned feeling guilty about having to let those demons traumatize that little girl. I feel that too. I would be in a dungeon, notice the time (2:30 in the morning on first day - if i remember right) and think, "oh boy, that little girl is really getting it right now, oh well, it will work out in the end, hopefully". IMO, I understand how people could hate this aspect, but I thought it added a great dimension to the game.

3) The time limit is restricting. no, just no. Completely unfair and unfounded. If you're just exploring, you can always rewind and keep exploring. Not a big deal. As for dungeons, just stay alert and you should be able to beat it first time. I failed to beat my avatar so I had to go back and do the whole dungeon again, but guess what? When you go back to do a dungeon a second time, there is no excuse for not finishing it, as you should quickly finish the parts leading up to where you were stuck and then have loads of time for the rest. The time limit also added realism, in that when the game tells you to hurry, you actually have tohurry. Moreover, the time limit allows for the most amazing characterization in any zelda, hands down

GunSmith1_basic

Agreed.

WhileI think TP was kinda underrated by a couple of points*should've been 9.2 IMO*...MM was vastly under rated with a measly 8.3! That game was truly ahead of it's time and dared to break the LTTP formula that OOT, WW, and TP followed.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
Meh, I lost interest 20% though the game. Haven't touched it or the Wii since the middle of December.
hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 hamstergeddon
Member since 2006 • 7188 Posts
[QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"]

Shinobishyguy

Agreed.

WhileI think TP was kinda underrated by a couple of points*should've been 9.2 IMO*...MM was vastly under rated with a measly 8.3! That game was truly ahead of it's time and dared to break the LTTP formula that OOT, WW, and TP followed.

seconded.  MM is the most unique Zelda game... ever.  No Zelda, no Ganondorf, just the impending doom.  

BTW you could always slow own time.  If people were complaining bout the time limit they should've just played the double song of time, then there's no excuse for not finishing a temple.  
6matt6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 6matt6
Member since 2005 • 9726 Posts

Oot>LttP>>TP>>>MM/WW>>rest of Zelda's.

majoras mask didnt pull me in with the story as much as other Zelda's so i lost the 'epic' feeling.

wind waker's sailing and fetching was what made the game slightly annoying, other then that it was amazing.

Avatar image for Riviera_Phantom
Riviera_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#93 Riviera_Phantom
Member since 2006 • 3658 Posts

No it's one of the worst. Every Zelda before it was groudnbreaking in one way or another. LttP was simply a unparalleled 2D adventure game when it was released, i don't need to say anything about OoT. That games status speaks for itself. MM used OoT template and created a different and more unique twist to the zelda universe and did it really well. WW while bashed still had an amazing style. Again did something different.

TP tried to to use realisitc graphics like OoT but the game play was already 8 years old. The difficulty was made for babies, However Nintendo saved TP by releasing it on the wii, at least the new controls took away the limelight from the core great but nothing amazing gameplay. Compare TP to games like GoW, NG and Okami. It's not even competing with them. LttP and OoT destroyed other games when they were released.

In short, TP is a great game on it's own but as a Zelda game it's easily among the worst 5. But there isn't such thing as a Bad Zelda game except CDI.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Shinobishyguy

No it's one of the worst. Every Zelda before it was groudnbreaking in one way or another. LttP was simply a unparalleled 2D adventure game when it was released, i don't need to say anything about OoT. That games status speaks for itself. MM used OoT template and created a different and more unique twist to the zelda universe and did it really well. WW while bashed still had an amazing style. Again did something different.

TP tried to to use realisitc graphics like OoT but the gamply was already 8 years old. The difficulty was made for babies, However Nintendo saved TP by releasing it on the wii, at least the new controls took away the limelight from the core great but nothing amazing gameplay. Compare TP to games like GoW, NG and Okami. It's not even competing with them. LttP and OoT destroyed other games when they were released.

In short, TP is a great game on it's own but as a Zelda game it's easily among the worst 5. But there isn't such thing as a Bad Zelda game except CGI.

Riviera_Phantom

So your going to let the art sty-le of WW get it a free pass? Your simply going to ignore the fact that it was even easier than TP, had a short lengh, and forced you to go on a god awful triforce hunt that seemed endless?

Another thing is you shouldn't even compare NG to TP. There two different genres. TP is action adventure while NG is a pure action game.

Moon_of_Majora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#95 Moon_of_Majora
Member since 2006 • 6065 Posts

I disagree.

While TP was better than OoT, it was not better than MM.

One of the major flaws in TP was that the Twilight Realm was not a big deal. Most of the NPCs were not worth saving, and Hyrule overall felt empty and lacking something.

There was a story problem, too. Ganondorf felt tacked on atthe last moment, and the Triforce was not explained properly.

The sidequests were OoT quality -- which means most of them sucked.

Also, the first three dungeons were boring -- they were too similar to OoT's dungeons (which were great, but I was expecting something new), and compared to the other four were not well designed.

Majora's Mask, on the other hand, while it did have it flaws, did not have problems like these. All the characters had personality --Termina was lively, and Majora/Skull Kid was actually a threat. The game led up to Skull Kid being the victim, and Majora being the crazy sadist mask -- almost everything that needed to be explained was explained.

The sidequests, along with some from Wind Waker, are still the best in the series, and the dungeons were all unique and done well -- although there should have been more. :|

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Shinobishyguy

I disagree.

One of the major flaws in TP was that the Twilight Realm was not a big deal. Most of the NPCs were not worth saving, and Hyrule overall felt empty and lacking something.

There was a story problem, too. Ganondorf felt tacked on atthe last moment, and the Triforce was not explained properly.

Also, the first three dungeons were boring -- they were too similar to OoT's dungeons (which were great, but I was expecting something new), and compared to the other four were not well designed.

Majora's Mask, on the other hand, while it did have it flaws, did not have problems like these. All the characters had personality --Termina was lively, and Majora/Skull Kid was actually a threat. The game led up to Skull Kid being the victim, and Majora being the crazy sadist mask -- almost everything that needed to be explained was explained.

The sidequests, along with some from Wind Waker, are still the best in the series, and the dungeons were all unique and done well -- although there should have been more. :|

Moon_of_Majora

In terms of dungeons, they went for quality over quantity in Majora's mask. Basically all of them were way more immersive and expancive than the cramped dungeons in OOT.

Plus there were mini dungeons like Castle Ikana *which contained one hell of a minni-boss*and the pirates fortress.

Still....TP did have some great dungeons. The first three and the temple of time were dull I'd admit that. But Arbiter's grounds, Snow peak ruins, and City in the sky were really nice.

O1SniperWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 O1SniperWolf
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
TP was so similar to OOT. A good game with great production values ect, but it didn't really need to be made imo, if you're going to make a new game, make it just that, NEW, not a old game with a new story. They should have just started making a Wii Zelda a couple of years ago. Now we may not even see a Zelad game on Wii.
ramen613

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 ramen613
Member since 2007 • 621 Posts

I disagree.

Moon_of_Majora
agreed but i never played mm so im going have to try it out soon when it comes out on vc
6matt6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 6matt6
Member since 2005 • 9726 Posts

I disagree.

Moon_of_Majora

see the thing i loved about the story in TP was how you and midna actually felt like you devloped a realtionship over the course of the game.

while it had plot holes i enjoyed the fact that i wasnt just some random person interacting with the world i was brought into it.

O1SniperWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 O1SniperWolf
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Majora's mask is one of the best games ever made...