How powerful do you think the WiiU will be?

• 120 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#101 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts
I don't get it. It was OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED that the system is 50% MORE POWERFUL THAN THE 360 AND THE PS3. Why are you people very conveniently ignoring all that?
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

I don't get it. It was OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED that the system is 50% MORE POWERFUL THAN THE 360 AND THE PS3. Why are you people very conveniently ignoring all that?khoofia_pika

You have a link to that?

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 khoofia_pika

[QUOTE="khoofia_pika"]I don't get it. It was OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED that the system is 50% MORE POWERFUL THAN THE 360 AND THE PS3. Why are you people very conveniently ignoring all that?topgunmv

You have a link to that?

Okay, sorry, it was not officially announced, it was a report. But it' pretty clear it will be much more powerful than the HD twins anyway. Anyway, here's the link: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/307037/news/wii-u-50-more-powerful-than-ps3/360/
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts
[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

[QUOTE="khoofia_pika"]I don't get it. It was OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED that the system is 50% MORE POWERFUL THAN THE 360 AND THE PS3. Why are you people very conveniently ignoring all that?khoofia_pika

You have a link to that?

Okay, sorry, it was not officially announced, it was a report. But it' pretty clear it will be much more powerful than the HD twins anyway. Anyway, here's the link: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/307037/news/wii-u-50-more-powerful-than-ps3/360/

That's not official, it's just "someone told us, they think it's 50% more powerful" Official is Nintendo saying it, or releasing specs. And 50% is absolutely nothing, that's not even slightly more powerful...
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 khoofia_pika

[QUOTE="khoofia_pika"][QUOTE="topgunmv"]

You have a link to that?

Inconsistancy

That's not official, it's just "someone told us, they think it's 50% more powerful" Official is Nintendo saying it, or releasing specs. And 50% is absolutely nothing, that's not even slightly more powerful...

Did you even read my post, or did you just go to the link? :? Here's what I said:

"Okay, sorry, it was not officially announced, it was a report. But it' pretty clear it will be much more powerful than the HD twins anyway."

And it doesn't says 50% AS powerful, it says 50% MORE powerful In simple language, it's as powerful as one and a half PS3s/360s.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17870 Posts
just a bit of a bump in horsepower with a few more tricks up its sleeve due to a more advanced GPU. i dont think its going to be a massive jump from the PS3 or 360. were getting mixed feedback on this mind. some say 50% more powerful (which is nothing really) and some saying its a big jump. shigsy himself mentioned though that it wont be a big leap...so the 50% rumours are pobably more on the ball. i think itll be much easier for devs to deliver 720P@30FPS consistently on the wiiu. ninty themselves will probably aim for 720P@60FPS. but thats about it. im not expecting 1080P@60FPS as standard or anything like that. which i would be pretty happy with as long as ninty get the price right. assuming im correct i wouldnt expect to pay any more than 300 for that at launch.
EmperorZeruel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#107 EmperorZeruel
Member since 2007 • 4207 Posts

i will have to say slightly stronger then the ps3 and 360. which is going to lead to a problem when the ps4 an 720 come out. also "even stronger then the pc" can mean anything since everyones pc is different some people might even have a pc thats weaker then the wii.

EABGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 EABGamer
Member since 2011 • 230 Posts
http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6320234/e3-2011-miyamoto-speaks-his-mind This is what he had to say : When you look at what we're trying to do this time, which is I think maybe to a certain degree somewhat reckless, because we're trying to include this somewhat kind of tablet-like device - this controller with the screen," said the producer. "We're trying to do that by finding the right balance between the CPU and the GPU, the graphics processor, and bringing all of that together with the ability to take advantage of the HD capabilities of the system, and wanting to do the most that we can on that front as well. "We're very sensitive, of course, to trying to do all of this at an appropriate price. So I don't know that we would be able to sit here and say that it's going to necessarily dramatically outperform the systems that are out now. It's part of the balance that we strike in terms of trying to find entertainment that is new and unique." There you go not a whole lot more powerful then the other systems stated himself.......that means its going to be like xbox 360 and PS3 where you can't really tell much of a difference in graphics. Just want to add......all nintendo is doing is making a "next gen console" if you wanna say that with last gen tech. So all they really are doing is now entering the graphics power of a ps3 and xbox 360 5-6 years later then the rest.
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#109 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

I think it is safe to say that it will at least be on the same level, if not a tad stronger. Either way, it will be enough for me and I am excited about the prospects of the new controller as well. All I ask now is that they show me some interesting new exclusives. This will be what seals the deal for me.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

[QUOTE="khoofia_pika"]I don't get it. It was OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED that the system is 50% MORE POWERFUL THAN THE 360 AND THE PS3. Why are you people very conveniently ignoring all that?khoofia_pika

You have a link to that?

Okay, sorry, it was not officially announced,/

I seriously lol'd
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#111 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Good enough to look and perform better then modern consoles, but not so powerful it can beat a top of the line PC or be considered a true next gen system.

Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Half-Way
Member since 2010 • 5001 Posts

i think it will be a bit more powerful then the ps3

more spesificly, the gap will be as big as ps3 vs xbox360. Which isnt alot. But if your a sonyfanboy it might seem like much.

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts

[QUOTE="93BlackHawk93"][QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

Next-gen. No way matches PC, but it's definitely stronger than the ancient PS3/360 hardware. A lot stronger imo. I'd say we're finally gonna get 1080p and 60FPS on consoles.

Cows/Lems are bashing it now, but once their next console comes out and is just on par with the Wii-U they're gonna praise the heck out of their platform.

ChubbyGuy40

Would be hilarious to be the stronger console next-gen, but it won't happen lol.

You never know! Consumers are silly enough to buy another 360 even after horrible failure rates from the original. And with Ms going the new APU route, power isn't guarenteed. Sony will be the middle. On par with Wii-U (if it's as strong as it's rumored to be) but better than the next xbawx.

the apu route is actually a stronger choice for consoles by pairing up the cpu and gpu on the same die they elimante the bus latency between the two, the already have a 67xx level graphics card as part of them which actually make a decent mid to high range PC, which would make a ridiculous jump in power with the 360. secondlly the xbox slim is actually using an "apu" they moved the gpu, and cpu on the same die to reduce heat by having two seperate chips generating heat, they also had to put some sort of limiters on the GPU because of how much faster it was without the io/bus between them.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Gamecube with tomtom gps controller.

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

Did you even read my post, or did you just go to the link? :? Here's what I said:

"Okay, sorry, it was not officially announced, it was a report. But it' pretty clear it will be much more powerful than the HD twins anyway."

And it doesn't says 50% AS powerful, it says 50% MORE powerful In simple language, it's as powerful as one and a half PS3s/360s.

khoofia_pika

50% MORE is what I said, and 50% MORE is NOT worthy as an upgrade, it's basically nothing.

This is what I read, then I saw your link and quoted it, sorry.I guess we both suck at reading.

I don't get it. It was OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED that the system is 50% MORE POWERFUL THAN THE 360 AND THE PS3. Why are you people very conveniently ignoring all that?khoofia_pika

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#116 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

It'll be more powerful than the Wii, but I think Nintendo will yet again be behind in terms of tech.

Avatar image for fernandmondego_
fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 fernandmondego_
Member since 2005 • 3170 Posts
In term of power it will be next gen's Wii. Going by what they showed, it's really not very impressive at all. The Nintendo fans will think it looks better than reality but what else is new? Remember when they thought Wii games looked better than 360 games? Remember cube-mapping and when they called the ATI CEO a liar for saying the Wii wouldn't be on par with 360 and PS3?
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

It'll be more powerful than the Wii, but I think Nintendo will yet again be behind in terms of tech.

StealthMonkey4

I have been thinking about shigeru miyamoto and ask iwata should be talking to sir jack trenton in regards to cell processor, no?

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 khoofia_pika

[QUOTE="khoofia_pika"][QUOTE="topgunmv"]

You have a link to that?

Heil68

Okay, sorry, it was not officially announced,/

I seriously lol'd

How nice, you conveniently forgot to read the rest of my post.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#120 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Noticeable more powerful than 360/PS3. How much, IDK.