Herms where is your high caliber NEXT GEN PC exclusive???

• 152 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

To join consolites in this generation....or are you guys going to ride the coat tails of multiplats and 2$ indie games the entire generation while hyping it as the best thing ever?

All I have seen you Hermits do lately is talk about and criticize console exclusives and then pull a multiplat out of your asses and talk about how much better it is than consoles, but where is your PC exclusive worthy of NEXT GEN status and hype?

Upcoming high profile NEXT GEN caliber games:

PS4 has Infamous, Drive Club, The Order 1886, Uncharted 4, and Deep Down

Xbox one has (released) Forza 5, Quantum Break, Halo and Gears of War

even Wii U has (released) Super Mario 3D, (released) Donkey Kong Contry: Tropical Freeze and Monlith's X

PC???

note:

High caliber, doesn't mean a game has to actually score AAA, it just means it has to be developed and treated like one and is a serious NEXT GEN project, not a 2D budget game that could run on atari 2600.

I am simply curious as to why NO PC exclusive has been hyped since the launch of the new consoles by hermits, or is it because no one want to make serious high profile games for PC anymore thus making the PC a stand alone multiplatstation?

Hermits can't have all the fun pointing fingers and picking without being accountable for the system they praise, time to man up. This is SW

Consternated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Consternated
Member since 2013 • 848 Posts

It's not the next, but Star Citizen eats everything alive from a visuals point of view. For me, personally, I'm really excited for Pillars of Eternity. But yeah, Star Citizen... Holy shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJsap-vZgiE

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

/Thread

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 killatwill15
Member since 2013 • 855 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

Consolites....or are you guys going to ride the coat tails of multiplats and 2$ indie games the entire generation while hyping it as the best thing ever?

All I have seen you Hermits do lately is talk about and criticize console exclusives and then pull a multiplat out of your asses and talk about how much better it is than consoles, but where is your PC exclusive worthy of NEXT GEN status and hype?

even Wii U has (released) Super Mario 3D, (released) Donkey Kong Contry: Tropical Freeze and Monlith's X

PC???

note:

High caliber, doesn't mean a game has to actually score AAA, it just means it has to be developed and treated like one and is serious NEXT GEN project, not a 2D budget game that could run on atari 2600.

I am simply curious as to why NO PC exclusive has been hyped since the launch of the new consoles by hermits, or is it because no one want to make serious high profile games for PC anymore thus making the PC a stand alone multiplatstation?

star citizen, and with oculus rift,

it would pretty much surpass whatever ps4 has to offer (id mention xb1, but that would mean I have to mention wii u)

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

Theyre currently petitioning for a port of it. Oh...I guess that would make it a multiplat then.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61491 Posts

Do you mean something along the lines of Star Citizen?

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kinectthedots

@lundy86_4 said:

Yes, I just checked it out. It looks amazing and would be a very valid candidate to submit to this thread but it reminds me of a little of Project Offset. That was another game that looked really ambitious and grand for PC but turned out to be nothing more than vaporware.

remember this game?

Loading Video...

Is the even a projected release date for Star Citizen?

But yes this is the the type of game I am talking about and herms need to hype it.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61491 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@lundy86_4 said:

Yes, I just checked it out. It looks amazing and would be a very valid candidate to submit to this thread but it reminds me of a little of Project Offset. That was another game that looked really ambitious and grand but turned out to be nothing more than vaporware.

Is the even a projected release date for that game?

But yes this is the the type of game I am talking about and herms need to hype it.

It's been hyped a ton. I believe the full release is for early 2015, though they are expecting to release "modules" at earlier dates.

Consternated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Consternated
Member since 2013 • 848 Posts

Dog Fighting is coming after Pax East, I believe. When that happens, I'm definitely going to buy a ship.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f768591970d3
deactivated-5f768591970d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5f768591970d3
Member since 2004 • 1255 Posts

Dota2 is worth a PC alone along with a bunch of other strategy games. And I agree with the others. Star Citizen is my most hyped game of the last few years, I love space sims. That being said I have all the consoles and handhelds as well and play them, just not as much as my PC.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kinectthedots

@Consternated said:

Dog Fighting is coming after Pax East, I believe. When that happens, I'm definitely going to buy a ship.

Any dates? or just projections of release?

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kinectthedots

@ankor77 said:

Dota2 is worth a PC alone along with a bunch of other strategy games. And I agree with the others. Star Citizen is my most hyped game of the last few years, I love space sims. That being said I have all the consoles and handhelds as well and play them, just not as much as my PC.

So only Star Citizen? And you say this has already been hyped for a few years now? If so, Why has it not been shown at any recent E3's of other game conventions?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Big PC Exclusives of 2014-15

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

To join consolites in this generation....or are you guys going to ride the coat tails of multiplats and 2$ indie games the entire generation while hyping it as the best thing ever?

PC???

note:

High caliber, doesn't mean a game has to actually score AAA, it just means it has to be developed and treated like one and is a serious NEXT GEN project, not a 2D budget game that could run on atari 2600.

Hermits can't have all the fun pointing fingers and picking without being accountable for the system they praise, time to man up. This is SW

Maybe you haven't noticed, but the xbox1 exclusives come out on pc too, titanfall? in better graphics

But who cares about all the rehashed BS

We have this

Loading Video...

And no , consoles can't run it lol

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

star citizen is a pipe dream and hermits know it. they've been watching the same kickstarter video for 3 years now.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

The biggest PC games aren't usually insane-budget, AAA-blockbuster consolite trash anyways.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kinectthedots

@SEANMCAD said:

@kinectthedots: Arma 3...been out for awhile now

and dont mistake big hit games with marketing

Umm, that's a last generation game. Sorry it does not qualify for a contender in this thread.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9405 Posts

you seem to be a little more than curious

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#21 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59030 Posts

I'll be playing Homeworld Remastered. Pc wins.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@Pray_to_me said:

star citizen is a pipe dream and hermits know it. they've been watching the same kickstarter video for 3 years now.

The game was announced in late 2012 so its 1.5 years . Fail .

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

"High Profile" is meaningless, but PC does have these: Star Citizen, Wildstar, Fortnight, Lichdom, Heroes of the Storm, WoD, Legacy of the Void, M&B2,

Thats more than consoles.

P.S.

-Most games are multiplats this gen. Like it or not. Most of these titles (nearly all) are CONSIDERABLY better on PC. Stop acting like multiplats are nothing when they make up nearly all games.

-PC last gen had more aaa-aa scoring exclusives than all consoles combined. The same is happening this gen so far. (Factually). We don't care if you dislike indy games. Resogun is one of PS4's only high scoring exclusives so far and its indy.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kinectthedots

@pyro1245 said:

This is SW bro, Herms never get the shit taken out on them like everyone else does so I decided to give it a spin. Even tho I am picking, I am giving a fair chance to submit an rebuttal to my OP.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kinectthedots

@Cloud_imperium said:

I am asking for specific NEXT GEN high caliber PC games that are worthy of hype for all the MASTER RACE powerful PC owners out there, not to be given a list of random games.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Cloud_imperium

The Forest

Loading Video...

Elite Dangerous

Loading Video...

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jankarcop

Star Citizen alone is better than those 2 games you named on each console.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kinectthedots

@evildead6789 said:

@kinectthedots said:

PC???

note:

Maybe you haven't noticed, but the xbox1 exclusives come out on pc too, titanfall? in better graphics

But who cares about all the rehashed BS

We have this

Loading Video...

And no , consoles can't run it lol

Ok, so a modification to a mutiplatform game?

Damn you've really taken the wind out of my original argument with that one...

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jankarcop

Notice how he's not responding to real games being posted.

He has yet to debunk Star Citizen which alone stops this thread.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Cloud_imperium

This is a troll thread like many others . Consolties are in delusion . No one wants to make press A to win games through outdated publishing models anymore . More and More devs are working with small teams to create innovative and real AAA games . Look at Irrational Games .

All console games are like this : Shoot shoot shoot Cutscene . Shoot shoot shoot Cutscene .

PC gaming is for mature audience . Look at Total War Shogun 2 then look at god of war .

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@Jankarcop said:

Notice how he's not responding to real games being posted.

He has yet to debunk Star Citizen which alone stops this thread.

This is a troll thread like many others . Consolties are in delusion . No one wants to make press A to win games through outdated publishing models anymore . More and More devs are working with small teams to create innovative and real AAA games . Look at Irrational Games .

All console games are like this : Shoot shoot shoot Cutscene . Shoot shoot shoot Cutscene .

PC gaming is for mature audience . Look at Total War Shogun 2 then look at god of war .

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9405 Posts
@kinectthedots said:

@pyro1245 said:

This is SW bro, Herms never get the shit taken out on them like everyone else does so I decided to give it a spin. Even tho I am picking, I am giving a fair chance to submit an rebuttal to my OP.

well have fun

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Troll bait too stronk

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Cloud_imperium
@kinectthedots said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

I am asking for specific NEXT GEN high caliber PC games that are worthy of hype for all the MASTER RACE powerful PC owners out there, not to be given a list of random games.

OK now you are trolling . None of those are small indie games . Most of them push PC hardware .. The only difference is that you are too biased and ignorant to admit or know about them which is not my problem .Just look around at IGN forums or videos . Console gamers had been crying for The Forest , Star Citizen , Squadron 42 , Elite etc for months now .
kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

I couldn't care less about the distinction between AAA and indie. In terms of visuals and enjoyment indies can hold their own.

Routine and The Forest, for example, are indie titles but they look better than many console exclusives I have seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAcAd1fUiy8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQgVj9tBQG0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwImGYR2rwg

Furthermore, I can count on one hand the number of console exclusives on any given console that I really care about. I have a PS3 and a 360, but the vast majority of games I played and enjoyed the most last generatin were multiplats. There were a handful of exclusives on PC, PS3 and 360 I really enjoyed as well, but they are in the extreme minority.

I care a hell of a lot more about being able to play the vast majority of games with the best graphics, fidelity and performance than I do about which platform has the most AAA exclusives.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Cloud_imperium

Console gamers can only dream about other genres than Press A to Win .

Survival Horror .? Just on PC .

Loading Video...

Racing Sims .?

Loading Video...

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By kinectthedots

@SEANMCAD said:

@kinectthedots said:

@SEANMCAD said:

Umm, that's a last generation game. Sorry it does not qualify for a contender in this thread.

Arma 3 is not last gen.

wat the ****?

Yes it is, ARMA 3 released in 2013 but so did TLOU, it has good graphics but so did the first 2 and it is easy to tell that it has nothing but last gen assets. It was not built from the ground up as NEXT GEN game. That is what this thread is about and ARMA 3 does not meet that qualification.

Loading Video...

Water dose not even react when players are in water? This is PC's high caliber next gen game? lol that is really sad for THE MASTER RACE if that is a serious submission.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Jankarcop

Holy shit OP is getting ass stomped. He's finding excuses now for the 12 or so games listed so far, neither of which are 2d indy.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@SEANMCAD said:

@kinectthedots said:

@SEANMCAD said:

Arma 3 is not last gen.

wat the ****?

Yes it is, ARMA 3 released in 2013 but so did TLOU, it has good graphics but so did the first 2 and it is easy to tell that it has nothing but last gen assets. It was not built from the ground up as NEXT GEN game. That is what this thread is about and ARMA 3 does not meet that qualification.

Perhaps you should have outlined these "next gen" qualification before asking the question. What exactly do you mean by "next gen"? Just that it has pretty graphics? Or is it based on release date? or is it just an arbitrary way for you to pick and choose games

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Cloud_imperium

Errrr . Not on Consoles

Loading Video...

This one too :-(

Loading Video...

-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 -RocBoys9489-
Member since 2008 • 6336 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

"High Profile" is meaningless, but PC does have these: Star Citizen, Wildstar, Fortnight, Lichdom, Heroes of the Storm, WoD, Legacy of the Void, M&B2,

Thats more than consoles.

P.S.

-Most games are multiplats this gen. Like it or not. Most of these titles (nearly all) are CONSIDERABLY better on PC. Stop acting like multiplats are nothing when they make up nearly all games.

-PC last gen had more aaa-aa scoring exclusives than all consoles combined. The same is happening this gen so far. (Factually). We don't care if you dislike indy games. Resogun is one of PS4's only high scoring exclusives so far and its indy.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Cloud_imperium

Why have some fun with friends when you can QTE in Order 1886 .?

Loading Video...

No Next gen PC exclusives . Right right .? :-(

Loading Video...

Just because Gamespot is all about troll baits and doesn't cover some games doesn't mean they don't exist . As for AAA games . Higher budget doesn't mean better game . And most expensive single platform exclusives are PC Games . SWTOR cost 200+ million dollars to make and it is now F2P . On other hand Witcher 2 cost 8 million dollars and it is as AAA as it can get , same goes for First Witcher which is PC only (TW2 on console is bare bones as well but you got my point) . Most console games are just B Rated movies with AAA marketing . While few games might be OK . Others aren't that good PLUS I don't know why you brag about 8 or 10 games released exclusively on consoles last gen . PC gets 100s of exclusives every year . While not every single one is mind blowing . Most of them are amazing and amount of great games still exceeds what you get on consoles even if you ignore games from smaller studios .