Have you ever felt like.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4224 Posts

You've invested so much in a console that it is hard to move on to another one?

I.e.: I have invested a lot into the 3DS, but now I want a Wii. So many great games I want to experience.

Unfortunately I have no resources to pay for a Wii and like ten of the games I want in it. That's because I have a still great library on the 3DS I need to complete/play...

Ugh the confusion is terrible. Any advice is appreciated and l look forward to your responses.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

not really. i normally just abandon the old without any moral hesitation, nor regret.

i think you could pick up a used wii pretty cheap. what games would you get?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Haven't owned consoles in a long time . However , I never get rid of my old PC though , I keep in my house for different purposes while use new one for gaming .

I do miss my ATARI and Sega consoles sometime .

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4224 Posts

I want Metroid Prime Trilogy, Super Smash Bros, and Kirby's Epic Yarn. Edit: I also want NBA JAM.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

No.

If a system has games that match my interest, I'll play it. Simple as that.

I feel your pain about the Wii tho, having basically my old one stolen. Luckily you can play it on PC with dolphin and have a much better experience if you have the required equipment.

The only way to play xenoblade, screw that 480p shit.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

ok. maybe check ebay.

best of luck, dude.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

Hmmm this thread is too friendly to be in SW.... Allow me to change that :)

Lol Wii, lol Nintendo etc.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@Sollet said:

Hmmm this thread is too friendly to be in SW.... Allow me to change that :)

Lol Wii, lol Nintendo etc.

lol to continue this vibe for SW ....

TC have you ever thought about investing in a real gaming platform?

EDIT and to respond to the OP I bought a PSP and HATED it, it gathered dust until I sent it to a marine in Afghanistan to help him pass the time and the same with my Wii. I'm not going to invest time, effort and money into something I dislike. If I make a mistake so be it and move on.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@outworld222 said:

I.e.: I have invested a lot into the 3DS, but now I want a Wii. So many great games I want to experience.

Unfortunately I have no resources to pay for a Wii and like ten of the games I want in it. That's because I have a still great library on the 3DS I need to complete/play...

Ugh the confusion is terrible. And advice is appreciated and l look forward to your responses.

To handcuff yourself to any single experience in life. Is bad.

Regret when you get older is a strong beast. Someday you may look back on narrow minded / biased decisions, and think wtf was I doing!!!

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

I played the shit out of the Gears trilogy and I wish I could still be playing it. But I'm not gonna keep my 360 and pay for gold just to play a franchise losing more and more players with discontinued dev support like that. Epic fudged up gears by how disconnected to their true fans they were and Judgment was the price they paid.

I'm not so bothered about moving on because I kind of had to before this console gen started. Same with Halo since I really haven't felt like any were truly amazing since 3 (although forge world in reach and invasion were nice for a short while)

I can easily move back to these franchises IF they prove their worth with their next new installments. Until then or until new exclusive IPs that are worth it appear, I have little reason to buy an xbox one. I mostly play multiplats with friends and most of them got a ps4 already.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

not really, I can plenty of use out of what I buy but when new stuff comes out, it's time to move on.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@outworld222 said:

Ugh the confusion is terrible. Any advice is appreciated and l look forward to your responses.

In a way, yeah, but only do to the fact that nowadays you invest in the eco-system of a companies consoles and things like Trophies/Acheivements/Gamerscores transfer with you, along with hopefully a number of your pals. Sega and Nintendo, it was far easier to just buy whatever you liked better. Now, while its still far from hard to buy another console, I admit to considering what my pals are picking up, what exclusive franchises I like the best that won't be on the other console, and all the hours/gamer score I've built up previously. But at the end of the day despite all of that I just buy what I like best.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

No, but that is because I don't toss my old console in the trash just because I bought a new one. So I am not abandoning anything.