Has a SW slaughter ever been this bad?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

neo418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 neo418
Member since 2003 • 586 Posts

[QUOTE="cyclops10"][QUOTE="percech"] It's true. Xbox One is on the #1 seller's list on Amazon while the PS4 is not.percech
Possibly because the X-Box was available to pre-order a while before the PS4. Also the PS4 is #1 on Amazon UK.

Possibly...I won't be getting an X1 as mentioned before, until a pricecut. Hopefully MS is pressured into bringing it down to a competitive level $350-400, that way I won't have to wait too long.

Pressure because of sony, wait wasn't sony supposed to  be pressured into drm because of ms? 

Benny_Blakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#152 Benny_Blakk
Member since 2007 • 910 Posts

Anyway,I am watching the vital stuff from sony's conference on youtube right now,and I just don't see the xbone outselling ps4.

Sony has done everything right this time.People say that ps3 was a step in the wrong direction,but I say it did a good job by knocking the arrogance out of SONY.This time,they are trying their best.The result?Best console ever made.

call_of_duty_10

Yeah, SONY was pretty arrogant then and it proved to be to their own detriment. 

But let's remember that the original 60 GB model is STILL technically brilliant. The only flaws apply to system memory (having to quit games to change setting, no music play list while playing a disc game, no cross game chat). Those things are minor. The PS3 set a new standard, regardless of who says what. From day one, Blu Ray, built in wifi, HDMI connectivity, and it uses the far superior bluetooth as opposed to infared. AND the controllers are rechargeable. These were all things in their infancy 7 years ago, so as is the standard with tech, it's far easier and far less expensive to manufacture years later. 

Honestly, this excellent price point for the PS4 should not have come as a surprise to anyone.

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 percech
Member since 2011 • 5237 Posts

[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"]I think Microsoft is a good bit above Sony with their family entertainment and media focus. I doubt anyone with sense would deny that the Kinect motion and voice controls, along with the functionality of the interface is very superior to what PS4 will offer, but damnit, I'm a gamer, and that's where Sony excells along with consumer-friendly practices and that is what's important.

Bigboi500

Funny, it didn't show today(regarding Sony excelling in games).

Honestly, neither conferences had any "oh snap!" megaton moments and both systems will require a good amount of time before they have a great libraries. Even so, Sony showed us today that they are on gamers' side, and Microsoft showed that they are on the publishers side, and while things like required internet and blocking used games might not be important to you personally, those things mean a lot to a majority of gamers.

They are on gamer's side by charging you to play online? Honestly, the only reason why I got PS3 is so I can play Fifa online(I canceled XBL sub 6 years ago because I don't really play online much), but now it's going to make my decision easier...I won't have to get a PS4 just for Fifa. Also, how did MS show they are on the publisher's side just because they didn't clarify about the DRM or used games fiasco? I'm sure they are debating on what to do and are not ready for a clear answer just yet. Maybe by the end of the week?
inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#154 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

I actually thought Microsoft's conference was amazing. They showed many many games, which is mostly what matters.

However, pricing at £430 in the UK is a rip off, for reference that is MORE than what the PS3 launched at in the UK. This coupled with DRM pushes me right away from the Xbox One, which is a masssive shame as there are so many cool looking exclusive on the One.

And to this smartphone debate, what are you on about? You do not need a data connection for a smartphone to work as a phone, I have had a smartphone for the last 3 years, and have only had 3G services for the first year of that, I can still use my phone quite happily :? 

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 percech

[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="cyclops10"] Possibly because the X-Box was available to pre-order a while before the PS4. Also the PS4 is #1 on Amazon UK.neo418

Possibly...I won't be getting an X1 as mentioned before, until a pricecut. Hopefully MS is pressured into bringing it down to a competitive level $350-400, that way I won't have to wait too long.

Pressure because of sony, wait wasn't sony supposed to  be pressured into drm because of ms? 

Well if the DRM turns out to be a non-factor just like paying for online, then I'm sure Sony will adopt it for PS5 just like the way they did with PS4 and online play.
Akrillax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Akrillax
Member since 2013 • 116 Posts

[QUOTE="Akrillax"][QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

This thread was really about this specific board more than anything else.

Wiimotefan

Well aware. But it also mirrors other social media reactions which is represents more people. I didn't want to say SW bc then someone would say the perception is the same all over the internet. Either way, neither one matter. Casuals > Gamer

True enough.  The X1 could be a huge success without appealing to the core gamer at all.  I'm hoping it doesnt turn out that way, but its not in our hands.

I am hoping that by some miracle MS will backpedal on some policies. Even if they don't I will cave bc I am addicted to games. Shameful.
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 percech

I actually thought Microsoft's conference was amazing. They showed many many games, which is mostly what matters.

However, pricing at £430 in the UK is a rip off, for reference that is MORE than what the PS3 launched at in the UK. This coupled with DRM pushes me right away from the Xbox One, which is a masssive shame as there are so many cool looking exclusive on the One.

And to this smartphone debate, what are you on about? You do not need a data connection for a smartphone to work as a phone, I have had a smartphone for the last 3 years, and have only had 3G services for the first year of that, I can still use my phone quite happily :? 

_Matt_
Hmmm, I guess it might be just my phone then. Apologies for my assertion, but the debate still stands. People are forced to data plans to get the phone they want and that is a breach on consumer rights just as much as the Xbox One is.
babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 babycakin
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts
[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="Zophar87"]

Have fun playing them if your internet decides to shut off.

percech

In lemland the internet never ever goes down.

You must live in a poor rural neighborhood. Maybe that's why you're going with the cheaper system.

And yet your gonna wait for a price cut before you buy the X1. *facepalm* lol
V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 V3rciS
Member since 2011 • 2241 Posts

Poor lems... RIP

neo418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 neo418

[QUOTE="neo418"]

[QUOTE="percech"] Possibly...I won't be getting an X1 as mentioned before, until a pricecut. Hopefully MS is pressured into bringing it down to a competitive level $350-400, that way I won't have to wait too long.percech

Well if the DRM turns out to be a non-factor just like paying for online, then I'm sure Sony will adopt it for PS5 just like the way they did with PS4 and online play.

what will ms adopt though then? I'm sure everyone will have great lolz again

legalize82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 legalize82
Member since 2013 • 2293 Posts
RIP ShoulderOfOrion jimmypsn RR360DD ClassicrockFTW shawn30 timbers_WSU Evo_nine mems_1224 Miketheman83 StormyJoe greensand24 slipknot0129 karateeeChop timbers ronvalencia and MS
inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 inggrish

[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

percech

Hmmm, I guess it might be just my phone then. Apologies for my assertion, but the debate still stands. People are forced to data plans to get the phone they want and that is a breach on consumer rights just as much as the Xbox One is.

I really do not wish to back cows in this (they already have the ego of a hot air balloon, so I do apologise for this), but people are not really forced to buy data plans at all for phones, they offer them as a way of subsidising the cost if that's what you mean, but it is never compulsary (I bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 last year in one go without any ties to any company for instance). I can choose to get a data plan out if I wish for a month, or I could choose not to. 

Sorry sir, but I do not understand your comparison to the X1 which does force online

neo418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 neo418

RIP ShoulderOfOrion jimmypsn RR360DD ClassicrockFTW shawn30 timbers_WSU Evo_nine mems_1224 Miketheman83 StormyJoe greensand24 slipknot0129 karateeeChop timbers ronvalencia and MSlegalize82

timbers converted and ronvalencia is an amd hermit

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 percech
[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"]In lemland the internet never ever goes down.babycakin
You must live in a poor rural neighborhood. Maybe that's why you're going with the cheaper system.

Well, I never buy anything at launch. Waiting for a pricedrop and when the console had matured is just a smarter move. Always worked out for me.
V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 V3rciS
Member since 2011 • 2241 Posts

RIP ShoulderOfOrion jimmypsn RR360DD ClassicrockFTW shawn30 timbers_WSU Evo_nine mems_1224 Miketheman83 StormyJoe greensand24 slipknot0129 karateeeChop timbers ronvalencia and MSlegalize82

add tessellation

They've been good guys, I'll surely miss them!

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

[QUOTE="legalize82"]RIP ShoulderOfOrion jimmypsn RR360DD ClassicrockFTW shawn30 timbers_WSU Evo_nine mems_1224 Miketheman83 StormyJoe greensand24 slipknot0129 karateeeChop timbers ronvalencia and MSneo418

As far as I know, Mems also joined the darkside.

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 babycakin

I'll give it to mems_1224, he tried his best in damage control and at least he made sense. RR360DD..if Microsoft told him to eat a pile of sh!t, he would gladly do it with a smile.

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 percech

[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="_Matt_"]

_Matt_

I really do not wish to back cows in this (they already have the ego of a hot air balloon, so I do apologise for this), but people are not really forced to buy data plans at all for phones, they offer them as a way of subsidising the cost if that's what you mean, but it is never compulsary (I bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 last year in one go without any ties to any company for instance). I can choose to get a data plan out if I wish for a month, or I could choose not to. 

Sorry sir, but I do not understand your comparison to the X1 which does force online

If you wish to use that phone, yes a data plan is required regardless of contracts.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#169 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

I missed something.

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 babycakin

[QUOTE="babycakin"][QUOTE="percech"] You must live in a poor rural neighborhood. Maybe that's why you're going with the cheaper system.percech

Well, I never buy anything at launch. Waiting for a pricedrop and when the console had matured is just a smarter move. Always worked out for me.

I second that on launch consoles, can never depend on em

legalize82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 legalize82

[QUOTE="legalize82"]RIP ShoulderOfOrion jimmypsn RR360DD ClassicrockFTW shawn30 timbers_WSU Evo_nine mems_1224 Miketheman83 StormyJoe greensand24 slipknot0129 karateeeChop timbers ronvalencia and MSV3rciS

add tessellation

They've been good guys, I'll surely miss them!

ofcourse tesselation how could i forget him
Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#172 TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts
Percech, are you going to buy a PS4?
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#173 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

[QUOTE="neo418"]

[QUOTE="legalize82"]RIP ShoulderOfOrion jimmypsn RR360DD ClassicrockFTW shawn30 timbers_WSU Evo_nine mems_1224 Miketheman83 StormyJoe greensand24 slipknot0129 karateeeChop timbers ronvalencia and MSWiimotefan

mems is more of a lem/herm, you can tell he still has loyalty to MS

2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts
[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

percech

But not really you can always go to a provider that has unlimited data plans, or be grandfathered in like me so you can never leave lol.
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 percech
Percech, are you going to buy a PS4? TorqueHappens08
I can't be interested in a console that doesn't have any games I'm interested in. I got a PS3 because of the free online, but that is no longer going to be a factor.
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

This is the biggest ownage in console gaming history, Lems just gonna have to deal with it

Davekeeh
its sure big, but its still nowhere near the E3 06 fiasco.Its big but not as big as 06 in my memory or even the Twilight Princess incident. Hell even the FFXIII incident caused even more nonsense on here.
inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 inggrish

[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

[QUOTE="percech"] Hmmm, I guess it might be just my phone then. Apologies for my assertion, but the debate still stands. People are forced to data plans to get the phone they want and that is a breach on consumer rights just as much as the Xbox One is.percech

If you wish to use that phone, yes a data plan is required regardless of contracts.

if by data you mean internet 3/4G etc. then no, it is not requireed, that's what i mean, the phone operates fine without. 

Yes the phone needs credit to work for even texts and calls, is that what you mean? But even that you can choose how much you want to top up and how long you want tat to last.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

Wow... so, lems were wipped out over night, while I was taking a nap?

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 babycakin

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

[QUOTE="neo418"]

Ballroompirate

mems is more of a lem/herm, you can tell he still has loyalty to MS

I knew it! XD

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 percech

_Matt_

if by data you mean internet 3/4G etc. then no, it is not requireed, that's what i mean, the phone operates fine without. 

Yes the phone needs credit to work for even texts and calls, is that what you mean? But even that you can choose how much you want to top up and how long you want tat to last.

No, internet connect is required to use a smartphone. I recently purchased a smartphone for my little brother on ebay and it wouldn't allow him to activate it until he updated his original plan to include data.
Avatar image for call_of_duty_10
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 call_of_duty_10
Member since 2009 • 4954 Posts

Rocker6

sad-i-know-that-feel-bro_3969556_lrg.jpg

Sucks for people who do not live in NA.

There was an opportunity to witness the death of an entire faction,but time zone proved to be the wall that prevented us from doing so.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 inggrish

[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

[QUOTE="percech"] If you wish to use that phone, yes a data plan is required regardless of contracts.percech

No, internet connect is required to use a smartphone. I recently purchased a smartphone for my little brother on ebay and it wouldn't allow him to activate it until he updated his original plan to include data.

Sounds like a 1 off scenario that, I have not heard of there being such things before, is that omething that happens in your Country?

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Its not "too much". Its exactly what ms deserve. Ps4 = cheaper, stronger, more games focused and better for the consumer 

Ms did do very well in announcing games tho. 

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 percech

_Matt_

Sounds like a 1 off scenario that, I have not heard of there being such things before, is that omething that happens in your Country?

I live in the United States. It's forced on everyone here.
Oil_Rope_Bombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#185 Oil_Rope_Bombs
Member since 2010 • 2667 Posts
hahahahaa gg lems. Sony destroyed E3. THANK YOU KAZ
Akrillax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Akrillax
Def need a data plan in the US for smartphones.
inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 inggrish

[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

[QUOTE="percech"] No, internet connect is required to use a smartphone. I recently purchased a smartphone for my little brother on ebay and it wouldn't allow him to activate it until he updated his original plan to include data.percech

:? what a messed up system. In the UK you can activate any smartphone on any existing or new contract or pay as you go sim without any necessity to get a data plan.

legalize82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 legalize82

Rocker6
pretty much
Avatar image for call_of_duty_10
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 call_of_duty_10
Member since 2009 • 4954 Posts
Def need a data plan in the US for smartphones.Akrillax
Wow,that sucks.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#190 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

The lems were just betrayed.
They're still gamers, and there are still gaming platforms out there for them to play games on.
Let the Exodus commence.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

call_of_duty_10

sad-i-know-that-feel-bro_3969556_lrg.jpg

Sucks for people who do not live in NA.

There was an opportunity to witness the death of an entire faction,but time zone proved to be the wall that prevented us from doing so.

Yeah... how cruel! :(

But hey, at least I saw the ownage being delivered, managed to watch the conference to the end... just had to miss out on the aftermath.

TrapJak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 TrapJak
Member since 2011 • 2933 Posts

Man... even the TLOU flopping previously didn't ease the blow. This is a special type of defeat.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Wiimotefan

Man... even the TLOU flopping previously didn't ease the blow. This is a special type of defeat.

TrapJak

:lol:

I forgot.  One of the biggest flops of the gen, just swept under the rug.  This E3 really delivered.

2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts

[QUOTE="TrapJak"]

Wiimotefan

I forgot.  One of the biggest flops of the gen, just swept under the rug.  This E3 really delivered.

Do you think naughty dog will have the balls to make a sequel to such a terrible flop?
Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Wiimotefan

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

[QUOTE="TrapJak"]

2beers_in_hand

Do you think naughty dog will have the balls to make a sequel to such a terrible flop?

Well, flop on SW of course lol.

In the real world its earning crazy critical acclaim at the moment.  One of the highest rated games of the gen.

Benny_Blakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#196 Benny_Blakk
Member since 2007 • 910 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="percech"] Funny, it didn't show today(regarding Sony excelling in games).percech

Honestly, neither conferences had any "oh snap!" megaton moments and both systems will require a good amount of time before they have a great libraries. Even so, Sony showed us today that they are on gamers' side, and Microsoft showed that they are on the publishers side, and while things like required internet and blocking used games might not be important to you personally, those things mean a lot to a majority of gamers.

They are on gamer's side by charging you to play online? Honestly, the only reason why I got PS3 is so I can play Fifa online(I canceled XBL sub 6 years ago because I don't really play online much), but now it's going to make my decision easier...I won't have to get a PS4 just for Fifa. Also, how did MS show they are on the publisher's side just because they didn't clarify about the DRM or used games fiasco? I'm sure they are debating on what to do and are not ready for a clear answer just yet. Maybe by the end of the week?

I agree with you in respect to MS not officially giving a statement declaring their official policies. Day 2 into E3 and many factors still remain vague. But that in itself shows exactly what is the principle and philosophy. They are for the publisher, and not the consumer because if they weren't, it wouldn't take the public and their competitor to force their hand and try to appeal to the gamers.  They are full aware of the public rumors and how gamers feel about their alleged DRM policies. They went first on day one and still have yet to state their official position, meaning they were going to wait to see what SONY had to say. Which also means that they actually were prepared to move forward with these practices. 

Let me remind you that this is Microsoft, the same company rumored to end the sale of Microsoft Office and will begin offering it as a rental for use of the software to reap a greater profit. 

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

[QUOTE="percech"] No, internet connect is required to use a smartphone. I recently purchased a smartphone for my little brother on ebay and it wouldn't allow him to activate it until he updated his original plan to include data.percech

No. That is inaccurate information, my brothers have a smartphone, and they dialed it back to basic service.

Oil_Rope_Bombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#198 Oil_Rope_Bombs
Member since 2010 • 2667 Posts

[QUOTE="2beers_in_hand"][QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

Wiimotefan

In the real world its earning crazy critical acclaim at the moment.  One of the highest rated games of the gen.

B-b-but only GS counts in the metagame. :((((((((((((((((( Tom McShea gave it an 8.0, its no longer one of the highest rated games in this gen :((((( T-T-T-CHBO.....
Akrillax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Akrillax

SolidTy

No. That is inaccurate information, my brothers have a smartphone, and they dialed it back to basic service.

What city?
Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Wiimotefan

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

[QUOTE="2beers_in_hand"] Do you think naughty dog will have the balls to make a sequel to such a terrible flop?Oil_Rope_Bombs

B-b-but only GS counts in the metagame. :((((((((((((((((( Tom McShea gave it an 8.0, its no longer one of the highest rated games in this gen :((((( T-T-T-CHBO.....

Well yeah lol.  Silly as it seems, thats the rules. 

Which is why people shouldnt take this place so seriously, its all for teh lulz.