Has a SW slaughter ever been this bad?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#101 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

I thought MS conference was far far superior to Sony's. The crowd was getting restless at Sonys just like at Microsofts but was worse with all the Lag and Lock ups. One guy comes on stage and says three or four things, 2 minutes later Sony is on top. Microsoft royally stuffed it by going against the consumer, but if were talking about who had the best entertaining conference, that was clearly Microsoft.

sailor232
Don't you say you were entertained by the multiplatform games Microsoft showed?!
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 percech
Member since 2011 • 5237 Posts

[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="Zophar87"]

Your damage control couldn't be more pathetic.

Zophar87

Exactly how is that pathetic. I'm just wondering what you think of smartphones requiring data to be usable. I would like you to elaborate instead of copping out like this.

This debate has nothing to do with my (or any) smart phone as it's not a gaming console. I expect my smart phone to be connect to my carrier's network because that's what it needs in order to function. If the data on my phone suddenly goes out, I can still call and text and use it like a basic phone. Unlike the rest of the mindless drones in our modern society, I can function without my smart phone.

That said, Microsoft has no right telling it's consumers that they're required to connect to the internet in order to play a single player game.

You really don't see how bad that is for the gaming industry and I pity you.

That is not an explanation and you know it. If your data is out, you cannot call or text, not sure if this is just a Verizon thing but that's not how I've experienced it.
ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23725 Posts

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

[QUOTE="ConanTheStoner"]

They should have played this when Tretton took the stage.

Ballroompirate

Kaz sends his regards...

Beyond epic lol

Indeed lol.  I would pay to see that conference.

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#104 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="Zophar87"]

Have fun playing them if your internet decides to shut off.

percech

In lemland the internet never ever goes down.

You must live in a poor rural neighborhood. Maybe that's why you're going with the cheaper system.

Ironic. That "cheaper" system as more advanced hardware.

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 percech
[QUOTE="sailor232"]

I thought MS conference was far far superior to Sony's. The crowd was getting restless at Sonys just like at Microsofts but was worse with all the Lag and Lock ups. One guy comes on stage and says three or four things, 2 minutes later Sony is on top. Microsoft royally stuffed it by going against the consumer, but if were talking about who had the best entertaining conference, that was clearly Microsoft.

Kjranu
Don't you say you were entertained by the multiplatform games Microsoft showed?!

As if Sony's conference wasn't full of multiplats?
Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]

The $599 announcement was worse, but I don't think everybody realized it at the time since Sony was completely crushing it with PS2.

neo418

it was defendable though. Supposedly more powerful and blu-ray. xbone has nothing to defend 

But...the cloud! The cloud will fix everything!

neo418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 neo418
Member since 2003 • 586 Posts

[QUOTE="Zophar87"]

[QUOTE="percech"] Exactly how is that pathetic. I'm just wondering what you think of smartphones requiring data to be usable. I would like you to elaborate instead of copping out like this.percech

This debate has nothing to do with my (or any) smart phone as it's not a gaming console. I expect my smart phone to be connect to my carrier's network because that's what it needs in order to function. If the data on my phone suddenly goes out, I can still call and text and use it like a basic phone. Unlike the rest of the mindless drones in our modern society, I can function without my smart phone.

That said, Microsoft has no right telling it's consumers that they're required to connect to the internet in order to play a single player game.

That is not an explanation and you know it. If your data is out, you cannot call or text, not sure if this is just a Verizon thing but that's not how I've experienced it.

but you can play games, unlike the xbone 

2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts
[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="Zophar87"]

Have fun playing them if your internet decides to shut off.

percech

In lemland the internet never ever goes down.

You must live in a poor rural neighborhood. Maybe that's why you're going with the cheaper system.

You damage is strong lol. Your not being vary fair or balanced he just prefers the better hardware priced to moved millions of consoles that actually gives a crap about it's users. You talk about games and MS did have a good showing but lets get real how long before MS forgets about it's hardcore gamer base. So they can hunt down the elusive casual and completly forget you like they did the last couple of years.
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 percech

neo418

The primary function of a phone is to be a phone.
Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Zophar87

[QUOTE="Zophar87"]

[QUOTE="percech"] Exactly how is that pathetic. I'm just wondering what you think of smartphones requiring data to be usable. I would like you to elaborate instead of copping out like this.percech

Yes. It can. My iPhone will function as a normal phone if I were to switch off my data. Even so, the fact remains that my smart phone is not a gaming console. I expect my smart phone to be connected to the internet, but it's not required in order to use the basic functions of my phone. I also expect my gaming consoles to still function as gaming consoles even when I'm not connected to the internet.

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 percech
[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"]In lemland the internet never ever goes down.2beers_in_hand

You damage is strong lol. Your not being vary fair or balanced he just prefers the better hardware priced to moved millions of consoles that actually gives a crap about it's users. You talk about games and MS did have a good showing but lets get real how long before MS forgets about it's hardcore gamer base. So they can hunt down the elusive casual and completly forget you like they did the last couple of years.

Was this thread being fair or balanced?
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#112 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

sailor232

I think Microsoft is a good bit above Sony with their family entertainment and media focus. I doubt anyone with sense would deny that the Kinect motion and voice controls, along with the functionality of the interface is very superior to what PS4 will offer, but damnit, I'm a gamer, and that's where Sony excells along with consumer-friendly practices and that is what's important.

Avatar image for call_of_duty_10
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 call_of_duty_10
Member since 2009 • 4954 Posts
[QUOTE="Zophar87"]

That is because it is not POSSIBLE for those services to work without 'data'. It is possible to pplay single player without internet,but the xbone forces you to connect,
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 percech

[QUOTE="sailor232"]

Bigboi500

I think Microsoft is a good bit above Sony with their family entertainment and media focus. I doubt anyone with sense would deny that the Kinect motion and voice controls, along with the functionality of the interface is very superior to what PS4 will offer, but damnit, I'm a gamer, and that's where Sony excells along with consumer-friendly practices and that is what's important.

Funny, it didn't show today(regarding Sony excelling in games).
sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#115 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

[QUOTE="Kjranu"][QUOTE="sailor232"]

percech

As if Sony's conference wasn't full of multiplats?

I didnt like most games both of the companys showed, Guns, guns, more guns,CGI, scripted gameplay, quick time events, boring TV functions, Vita stuff no one cared about, showing TLOU which is already out etc. At least Microsofts wasnt as boring, they had no PR talk and showed a tonne of game content in a shorter time, Sony's was very very very boring until after the Microsoft bashing.

2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts
[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="2beers_in_hand"][QUOTE="percech"] You must live in a poor rural neighborhood. Maybe that's why you're going with the cheaper system.

why yes yes it was actually.
neo418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 neo418

[QUOTE="neo418"]

[QUOTE="percech"] That is not an explanation and you know it. If your data is out, you cannot call or text, not sure if this is just a Verizon thing but that's not how I've experienced it. percech

And the primary function of xbone is.....TV?

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 percech

call_of_duty_10

That is because it is not POSSIBLE for those services to work without 'data'. It is possible to pplay single player without internet,but the xbone forces you to connect,

That's not an excuse. Why is it not possible to work without data?
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 percech
[QUOTE="2beers_in_hand"][QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="2beers_in_hand"] You damage is strong lol. Your not being vary fair or balanced he just prefers the better hardware priced to moved millions of consoles that actually gives a crap about it's users. You talk about games and MS did have a good showing but lets get real how long before MS forgets about it's hardcore gamer base. So they can hunt down the elusive casual and completly forget you like they did the last couple of years.

why yes yes it was actually.

Did you even read the first page? Come on, now you're asking me to be fair and balanced when you nor anyone else here is?
Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#120 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts

its like they all vanished :o

ultraking

Never before in the history of System Wars has any faction ever been torn apart and disbanned like this. Poor lems.

Bigboi500
Its called the Godny effect
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 call_of_duty_10
[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"][QUOTE="percech"] That is not an explanation and you know it. If your data is out, you cannot call or text, not sure if this is just a Verizon thing but that's not how I've experienced it.

Y'know what,I think we stop pause this argument,and you should explain to me what you mean by 'data':P
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 percech

[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="neo418"]

neo418

You're not seeing the point my friend. Primary function of a phone is to be a phone while the primary function of a console is to play games. In this case both are taken away without a data connection. So why are you using a smartphone when it is taking away the primary function of your phone when data connection is lost yet you are in here pointing out MS's poor drm policy? You are being a hypocrite, no?
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 percech
[QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"][QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"] That is because it is not POSSIBLE for those services to work without 'data'. It is possible to pplay single player without internet,but the xbone forces you to connect,

Y'know what,I think we stop pause this argument,and you should explain to me what you mean by 'data':P

Data = internet. I am saying why is it come to the point where getting and using a smartphone has to come with data? Are we as a consumer not giving up our rights this way?
Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

Where is ShouldersOfOrion?  Come to think of it, I havent seen him today at all.

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Zophar87

[QUOTE="neo418"]

[QUOTE="percech"] The primary function of a phone is to be a phone.percech

You're not seeing the point my friend. Primary function of a phone is to be a phone while the primary function of a console is to play games. In this case both are taken away without a data connection. So why are you using a smartphone when it is taking away the primary function of your phone when data connection is lost yet you are in here pointing out MS's poor drm policy? You are being a hypocrite, no?

Except I've proved you wrong but you still continue to add to this debate. Also, if someone just wanted a basic phone then they'd buy a basic phone. No one forces you to buy a smart phone, you do it out of your own freewill. However, if I wanted to play Halo 5 I would be forced by Microsoft to connect my Xbox One to the internet. At the time of me typing this, there is no alternative for Xbox One users like there is for phone users.

call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 call_of_duty_10
[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"][QUOTE="percech"] That's not an excuse. Why is it not possible to work without data?

Data = internet. I am saying why is it come to the point where getting and using a smartphone has to come with data? Are we as a consumer not giving up our rights this way?

Hmm,I can do everything on my smartphone except internet browsing without internet.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Where is ShouldersOfOrion?  Come to think of it, I havent seen him today at all.

Wiimotefan

Probably crying in a corner

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Wiimotefan

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

Ballroompirate

He NEVER gives up.  If he threw in the towel then damn... hard times lol.

neo418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 neo418

[QUOTE="neo418"]

Ah I see something can't do it's primary function without internet/data. I guess my pc can't do its primary function, i guess ps3 and 360  can't, hell not even wii. Oh wait they can. 

IshmaelSonata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#130 IshmaelSonata
Member since 2008 • 979 Posts

[QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"][QUOTE="percech"] That's not an excuse. Why is it not possible to work without data? percech

I'm going to chime in here. 

I don't think MS's 24 hour connectivity policy is an intrusion on consumer rights. It is, however, obviously greedy and money grabbing because the point of enforcing it is to guarentee DRM integrity. As console gamers, we are generally against DRM. 

A bigger intrusion of consumer rights is MS's used game policy. They are actively trying to push games into the service industry, to a point that we, gamers, don't actually own anything. If MS has their way, they will own all the games, us gamers can only purchase the service of playing a game. 

A second intrusion of consumer rights is the Kinect gathering personal data, which is fairly obvious.

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts

Wiimotefan
ShouldersOfOcryin prolly
nihonking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 nihonking
Member since 2013 • 187 Posts

[QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"][QUOTE="percech"] That's not an excuse. Why is it not possible to work without data? percech

Drop your weapons friend the war is over. They are giving out coffee and blankets around the corner to those that have been displaced. 

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 percech

Zophar87

Except I've proved you wrong but you still continue to add to this debate. Also, if someone just wanted a basic phone then they'd buy a basic phone. No one forces you to buy a smart phone, you do it out of your own freewill. However, if I wanted to play Halo 5 I would be forced by Microsoft to connect my Xbox One to the internet. At the time of me typing this, there is no alternative for Xbox One users like there is for phone users.

Your experience does not equal to fact. Also the market is inflated with smartphones and that's what everyone is interested in. It's the same thing if I said that if I wanted to play Titanfall I can just get it on PC. I'm not forced to buy an Xbox One for it. I'm also glad you mentioned an iPhone because you are also unable to use it without connecting it to iTunes.
Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Zophar87

[QUOTE="Zophar87"]

[QUOTE="percech"] You're not seeing the point my friend. Primary function of a phone is to be a phone while the primary function of a console is to play games. In this case both are taken away without a data connection. So why are you using a smartphone when it is taking away the primary function of your phone when data connection is lost yet you are in here pointing out MS's poor drm policy? You are being a hypocrite, no?percech

Your experience does not equal to fact. Also the market is inflated with smartphones and that's what everyone is interested in. It's the same thing if I said that if I wanted to play Titanfall I can just get it on PC. I'm not forced to buy an Xbox One for it. I'm also glad you mentioned an iPhone because you are also unable to use it without connecting it to iTunes.

iPhones can be activated via wifi without the need to connect it to iTunes. This was implemented just so you don't need iTunes in order for the phone to activate.

The fact still remains that anyone who buys a smart phone just to use as a basic phone has an alternative. Anyone who wants to play Halo 5 has no choice but to buy the Xbox One console.

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#135 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts

This is the biggest ownage in console gaming history, Lems just gonna have to deal with it

Davekeeh
Yeah it seems like M$ just got cocky and Sony new how to knock them down a few pegs.
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 percech

[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"] Y'know what,I think we stop pause this argument,and you should explain to me what you mean by 'data':PIshmaelSonata

I'm going to chime in here. 

I don't think MS's 24 hour connectivity policy is an intrusion on consumer rights. It is, however, obviously greedy and money grabbing because the point of enforcing it is to guarentee DRM integrity. As console gamers, we are generally against DRM. 

A bigger intrusion of consumer rights is MS's used game policy. They are actively trying to push games into the service industry, to a point that we, gamers, don't actually own anything. If MS has their way, they will own all the games, us gamers can only purchase the service of playing a game. 

A second intrusion of consumer rights is the Kinect gathering personal data, which is fairly obvious.

Consumer rights and all that jazz is great but what happens when the industry falls flat on its ass? The reason why companies have gone to such lengths is because of the economy forcing many developers to close down and resulting in many people without jobs. Fine, the PS4 will have no DRM but does this mean $70 pricetag for its games?
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

Wiimotefan

I don't think even the hardcore lems can justify their support for MS this upcoming gen, it's PS4/Wii-U/PC or go home. Even as a manticore I really see no desire to get a X1, was thinking about it for Killer Instinct 3 (loved the 1st one and even the 2nd one) but if the rumor holds true that you only start with 1 character and have to spend money on unlocking other characters, that just killed my desire to even consider getting a X1.

Akrillax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Akrillax
Member since 2013 • 116 Posts
I like how the internet represents the world. Console sells and success reflect that.
Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Wiimotefan

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

Ballroompirate

I don't think even the hardcore lems can justify their support for MS this upcoming gen, it's PS4/Wii-U/PC or go home. Even as a manticore I really see no desire to get a X1, was thinking about it for Killer Instinct 3 (loved the 1st one and even the 2nd one) but if the rumor holds true that you only start with 1 character and have to spend money on unlocking other characters, that just killed my desire to even consider getting a X1.

Its also going to be my first gen not buying all platforms.  I cant support the X1 with its current policies no matter what games they get.

neo418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 neo418

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

Ballroompirate

Ly and shawn can lol

cyclops10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 cyclops10
Member since 2004 • 696 Posts
[QUOTE="neo418"]

Wow. Talk about ridiculous straw-man argument. Stop talking about data and smart phones in a gaming forum. It's irrelevant and a blatantly obvious distraction on your part. This is system wars. Two systems, the X-Box and PS3 are at war. People are comparing those two systems against each other. One has a bunch of ani-consumer BS that would send any logical person running for the hills. The other does not, is also cheaper, and has he better hardware of the two. As for what has the better exclusives? Nothing Microsoft has really impressed me, and Kingdom Hearts 3 and FF 15 are potential exclusives. The only M$ exclusives that come close to that are Halo and Gears, and they sill don't come close. If you have an actual point to make about why the X-Box does not deserve he slaughtering it's getting from the fans, then make it.
Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Wiimotefan

I like how the internet represents the world. Console sells and success reflect that.Akrillax

This thread was really about this specific board more than anything else.

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 percech
I like how the internet represents the world. Console sells and success reflect that.Akrillax
It's true. Xbox One is on the #1 seller's list on Amazon while the PS4 is not.
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 percech

cyclops10

Wow. Talk about ridiculous straw-man argument. Stop talking about data and smart phones in a gaming forum. It's irrelevant and a blatantly obvious distraction on your part. This is system wars. Two systems, the X-Box and PS3 are at war. People are comparing those two systems against each other. One has a bunch of ani-consumer BS that would send any logical person running for the hills. The other does not, is also cheaper, and has he better hardware of the two. As for what has the better exclusives? Nothing Microsoft has really impressed me, and Kingdom Hearts 3 and FF 15 are potential exclusives. The only M$ exclusives that come close to that are Halo and Gears, and they sill don't come close. If you have an actual point to make about why the X-Box does not deserve he slaughtering it's getting from the fans, then make it.

I believe you are copping out because the argument relates to the consumer rights issue which is what everyone is having a problem with for the Xbox One. Nothing Sony put out as far as games go really impressed me, so what is your point for saying that? Differing opinions? Ryse was pretty impressive though.
cyclops10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 cyclops10
[QUOTE="Akrillax"]I like how the internet represents the world. Console sells and success reflect that.percech

Possibly because the X-Box was available to pre-order a while before the PS4. Also the PS4 is #1 on Amazon UK.
Akrillax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Akrillax
Member since 2013 • 116 Posts

[QUOTE="Akrillax"]I like how the internet represents the world. Console sells and success reflect that.Wiimotefan

Well aware. But it also mirrors other social media reactions which is represents more people. I didn't want to say SW bc then someone would say the perception is the same all over the internet. Either way, neither one matters. Casuals > Gamer
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 percech
[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="Akrillax"]I like how the internet represents the world. Console sells and success reflect that.cyclops10

Possibly because the X-Box was available to pre-order a while before the PS4. Also the PS4 is #1 on Amazon UK.

Possibly...I won't be getting an X1 as mentioned before, until a pricecut. Hopefully MS is pressured into bringing it down to a competitive level $350-400, that way I won't have to wait too long.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="sailor232"]

percech

Funny, it didn't show today(regarding Sony excelling in games).

Honestly, neither conference had any "oh snap!" megaton moments and both systems will require a good amount of time before they have great libraries. Even so, Sony showed us today that they are on gamers' side, and Microsoft showed that they are on the publishers side, and while things like required internet and blocking used games might not be important to you personally, those things mean a lot to a majority of gamers.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Wiimotefan

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

[QUOTE="Akrillax"]I like how the internet represents the world. Console sells and success reflect that.Akrillax

Well aware. But it also mirrors other social media reactions which is represents more people. I didn't want to say SW bc then someone would say the perception is the same all over the internet. Either way, neither one matter. Casuals > Gamer

True enough.  The X1 could be a huge success without appealing to the core gamer at all.  I'm hoping it doesnt turn out that way, but its not in our hands.

cyclops10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 cyclops10
[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="cyclops10"][QUOTE="percech"] You're not seeing the point my friend. Primary function of a phone is to be a phone while the primary function of a console is to play games. In this case both are taken away without a data connection. So why are you using a smartphone when it is taking away the primary function of your phone when data connection is lost yet you are in here pointing out MS's poor drm policy? You are being a hypocrite, no?

I believe you are copping out because the argument relates to the consumer rights issue which is what everyone is having a problem with for the Xbox One. Nothing Sony put out as far as games go really impressed me, so what is your point for saying that? Differing opinions? Ryse was pretty impressive though.

Microsoft aren't getting savaged because of their games. It's because of everything else, which is the driving force behind the backlash and this thread. What exclusive's either of us prefer is irrelevant. Might like most of your posts. What is your point fullstop.