Has a SW slaughter ever been this bad?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#301 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

The few remaining loyal lemming posts I've read have been filled with so much delusion and denial it's kind of sad. :(

Half of the others have gone underground to hibernate until the X2, while the othe half has thrown down their swords and yielded.

SW might become less of an entertaining place :?

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#302 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

Back in the day when the score system was .1 there were mass suicides.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#303 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
E3 '06 was just as bad. And Twilight Princess flopping was kinda bad as well. Still, this is some epic ownage for the cows. MS is almost pulling a Ps3.. holy shit.
Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#304 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

10/06/13. RIP lemmings & Xbox co

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#305 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
Lem is the new Sheep, 3-7 of them left on SW lol Cows domination is assured.silversix_
You realise hermits are still here? Its going to be a cow abattoir without the sheep and lems. Paid online, online passes, $60 games, no exclusives .... it'll be brutal.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
Personally I don't think E3 has nearly the effect that people here thinks it does. Most the people who are going to buy these consoles have never heard of E3.
neo418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#307 neo418
Member since 2003 • 586 Posts

Personally I don't think E3 has nearly the effect that people here thinks it does. Most the people who are going to buy these consoles have never heard of E3. HarlockJC

Well every single mainstream news source has killed the xbone. I mean time magazine damn.... Think about all that free marketing that sony gets too because of this 

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

Not from my experience. Microsoft literally walked into Sony's punches, they were just asking for it by pulling all the crap they did.

It was hilarious at E3 though, the crowd went nuts while Sony was butchering Microsoft on stage.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4737 Posts

It has never been this bad. This is something quite special. I feel bad for Microsoft but they did it to themselves. I think they will dig out of this mess at somepoint I would call this a teachable moment.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#310 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

It has never been this bad. This is something quite special. I feel bad for Microsoft but they did it to themselves. I think they will dig out of this mess at somepoint I would call this a teachable moment.

mojito1988

Marketing $$$ is a potent force.

cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#311 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts
It was exactly like this after the $600 moment of the PS3 and the Wii was positively slaughtered for its lack of power.
Zaistev_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 Zaistev_basic
Member since 2002 • 2975 Posts
What the XBots fail to understand is that this isn't about Fanboy or System Wars. It's about gamers vs corporate greed. I believe most lems from the Xbox 360 have been turned off by the Xbox One policy. Thus, the real gamers backlash. Anyone who is defending XBox One policy should be even ashamed to be called gamer but rather corporate greed apologists. Thus, there are lems who are defending the XBox One and lems who will side with PS4 in protest for this unecessary mandatory Kinect, controlled used game, and online check policy.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#313 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]Bad as this is, I think people are forgetting $599 US dollars and the giant enemy crab. You more or less couldn't post on here as a cow for about a year. If the E3 and launch weren't bad enough, they hyped every single year one game and every single one flopped one at a time. legalize82
ure damage control is absurd

HURR DURR ANYONE WHO SAYS ANYTHING ABOUT COWS EVER MUST BE LEMMING. Read like my last zillion posts pre and post E3 you clown.
babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 babycakin
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

Who is the biggest Lem/Xbox-fan, would be interesting to hear what he say now :lol:

aroxx_ab

I thought it was loosingENDS, but I haven't seen him around anymore :3. Or wait, didn't he switch sides or something..idk

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 AHUGECAT
Member since 2006 • 8967 Posts

[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

E3 2006 -

$599

Giant enemy crabs

RRIIIIIIDDDGE RAAACER!

No rumble

Losing all those exclusives (which continued til 2008)

$599

Trust me, 2006 was much worse for cows. A LOT worse

Zaistev_basic

Talking about lame damage control. Sure, take the past and use it to argue the failure of the present. At least PS2 was coming from being 1st. MS XBox is not even 2nd place and then they have this bad follow up.

Lol this isn't NEARLY as bad as what E3 2006 did to Sony. E3 2006 was so bad it killed E3. It almost killed Sony... think about it, PS2 went from dominate number 1 to PS3 which sold so poorly for the first couple years I was surprised it still existed.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 HarlockJC
It was exactly like this after the $600 moment of the PS3 and the Wii was positively slaughtered for its lack of power. cakeorrdeath
Yeah, I do find it funny the biggest joke was everyone though Nintendo made enough Wii consoles that they would be easy to get. Ha, were we wrong.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 HarlockJC

[QUOTE="HarlockJC"]Personally I don't think E3 has nearly the effect that people here thinks it does. Most the people who are going to buy these consoles have never heard of E3. neo418

Well every single mainstream news source has killed the xbone. I mean time magazine damn.... Think about all that free marketing that sony gets too because of this 

I personally still don't think this is going to have much of an effect. The biggest thing Sony had going for it was the free online. Now that it's over I really don't know who going to win this.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#318 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21711 Posts

I've been here around 10 years, and the answer is no. Nothing, including E3 2006, compares to the utter massacre we have just witnessed. 

Zaistev_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 Zaistev_basic
Member since 2002 • 2975 Posts

[QUOTE="Zaistev_basic"][QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

E3 2006 -

$599

Giant enemy crabs

RRIIIIIIDDDGE RAAACER!

No rumble

Losing all those exclusives (which continued til 2008)

$599

Trust me, 2006 was much worse for cows. A LOT worse

AHUGECAT

Talking about lame damage control. Sure, take the past and use it to argue the failure of the present. At least PS2 was coming from being 1st. MS XBox is not even 2nd place and then they have this bad follow up.

Lol this isn't NEARLY as bad as what E3 2006 did to Sony. E3 2006 was so bad it killed E3. It almost killed Sony... think about it, PS2 went from dominate number 1 to PS3 which sold so poorly for the first couple years I was surprised it still existed.

Does not neglect the fact that Microsoft was humiliated and still arrogant enough not to change course. On hindsight, PS3 survived that E3 2006, but it does not mean XBox One will survive like PS3 did. The scenarios are quite different. Casual games from mobile was not around back then.
babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 babycakin
[QUOTE="silversix_"]Lem is the new Sheep, 3-7 of them left on SW lol Cows domination is assured.blue_hazy_basic
You realise hermits are still here? Its going to be a cow abattoir without the sheep and lems. Paid online, online passes, $60 games, no exclusives .... it'll be brutal.

Well, for the 2nd time, sheep are the secondary choice..AGAIN. Just chilling, watching the fireworks display and waiting to see which of Sony / MS choose Ninty as their secondary console lol.
babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 babycakin

[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

[QUOTE="Zaistev_basic"] Talking about lame damage control. Sure, take the past and use it to argue the failure of the present. At least PS2 was coming from being 1st. MS XBox is not even 2nd place and then they have this bad follow up.Zaistev_basic

Does not neglect the fact that Microsoft was humiliated and still arrogant enough not to change course. On hindsight, PS3 survived that E3 2006, but it does not mean XBox One will survive like PS3 did. The scenarios are quite different. Casual games from mobile was not around back then.

Oh man, MIcrosoft can survive this with such ease, come on now lol. E3 2006 was really bad for Cows, and now E3 2013 is really bad for Lems. THEY ARE BOTH BAD lol.

neo418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 neo418

[QUOTE="neo418"]

[QUOTE="HarlockJC"]Personally I don't think E3 has nearly the effect that people here thinks it does. Most the people who are going to buy these consoles have never heard of E3. HarlockJC

I personally still don't think this is going to have much of an effect. The biggest thing Sony had going for it was the free online. Now that it's over I really don't know who going to win this.

They are on equal footing now though. It's no brainer cheaper will win. A more expensive console will not beat a cheaper console. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

[QUOTE="HarlockJC"][QUOTE="neo418"]

neo418

They are on equal footing now though. It's no brainer cheaper will win. A more expensive console will not beat a cheaper console. 

Not to mention the cheaper console is way more powerful than the more expensive one :lol:.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

Truth_Hurts_U

8.9... FLOP

:cry::cry:

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#325 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

i havent seen the lems get this owned since the "poor lems no games" meme

neo418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 neo418

[QUOTE="Truth_Hurts_U"]

Douevenlift_bro

8.9... FLOP

That score was so justified. I mean the hype for TP was insane and it ended up being a really meh zelda game 

McSkombi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 McSkombi
Member since 2006 • 842 Posts

[QUOTE="Douevenlift_bro"]

[QUOTE="Truth_Hurts_U"]

neo418

8.9... FLOP

That score was so justified. I mean the hype for TP was insane and it ended up being a really meh zelda game 

Skyward Sword was rated too high IMO, I played a few hours of it and I had to stop, the controls are f****ing BROKEN!!! That totally ruined the whole game! I was so disappointed especially because I LOVED TP on my Wii!
Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

Don't patronize me. Lems don't need pity. And bashing thread in disguise, you are so transparent.

GOGOGOGURT

Oh damn!  I'm busted.  How could you see through my clever disguise?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#329 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

[QUOTE="neo418"]

[QUOTE="HarlockJC"] I personally still don't think this is going to have much of an effect. The biggest thing Sony had going for it was the free online. Now that it's over I really don't know who going to win this. XVision84

Not to mention the cheaper console is way more powerful than the more expensive one :lol:.

That is a rather surprising reveal, in past console wars at best the most powerful console was the same price as the weaker machine. This is a strange E3 and year with regards to the less money/more power situation.

More Power, less money, no broadband online only requirement, pro consumer with used/lending games...it seems the choice is easy if you are only going to buy one machine.

What he didn't reveal though is he isn't a PS guy nor is he an HDTV Bluray PS3 guy, he's a Nintendo guy with that also picked up a 360 mid gen. Situations like that are going to be interesting to see. Will we once again see conversions like we saw from PS2 to 360, or will the loyalty and marketing win overall?