Halo Reach video

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts

[QUOTE="EVOLV3"]

[QUOTE="lawlessx"] '"At the VGAs, we actually go down on to the Planet Reach and see this game for the first time. It's all going to be in-game stuff. This is not CG. This is not live-action like all the kids on Twitter are speculating. You will get a first glimpse at the world of Reach, which is phenomenal. I think it's going to be the biggest game of next year by far. Folks love ODST and thought it was great, but when people see the huge leap forward Bungie is taking with Reach, I don't know if you've seen it yet, but everyone that I talked to that's been on the team and seen it is incredibly excited about that time." when you think about it..all he really said is that it looked good. people just took what he said until a completely different level of hypetimmy00

The area I bolded is what seemed to be missing from the trailer, it didn't look like anything new, and the graphics were very average considering we've seen games like Uncharted 2.

I really don't get why people keep saying that the graphics are average. It look really great for me.

It looked alright, but it wasn't impressive.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

[QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"] What did Mr. Geoff Keighly say? People have referenced it, but I have not heard his statement.EVOLV3

'"At the VGAs, we actually go down on to the Planet Reach and see this game for the first time. It's all going to be in-game stuff. This is not CG. This is not live-action like all the kids on Twitter are speculating. You will get a first glimpse at the world of Reach, which is phenomenal. I think it's going to be the biggest game of next year by far. Folks love ODST and thought it was great, but when people see the huge leap forward Bungie is taking with Reach, I don't know if you've seen it yet, but everyone that I talked to that's been on the team and seen it is incredibly excited about that time." when you think about it..all he really said is that it looked good. people just took what he said until a completely different level of hype

The area I bolded is what seemed to be missing from the trailer, it didn't look like anything new, and the graphics were very average considering we've seen games like Uncharted 2.

lol whatever man, that trailer totally beat uncharted 2.
Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Adrian_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 7169 Posts
The best trailers in gaming are definitely MGS, that was a snorefest. Can't wait for MGS: rising, although i want peace walker more(cause of big boss).
jakarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#154 jakarai
Member since 2008 • 4289 Posts

[QUOTE="jakarai"][QUOTE="topgunmv"]

Pretty amusing how some people say it's cgi and others say the visuals were mediocre. So which is it?

Drakes_Fortune

CGI can look mediocre but looking at the trailer if that's in game Uncharted 2 won't loose its graphics crown anytime soon.

hahah :lol: you gotta be kidding

mediocre cgi

jakarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 jakarai

[QUOTE="EVOLV3"]

[QUOTE="lawlessx"] '"At the VGAs, we actually go down on to the Planet Reach and see this game for the first time. It's all going to be in-game stuff. This is not CG. This is not live-action like all the kids on Twitter are speculating. You will get a first glimpse at the world of Reach, which is phenomenal. I think it's going to be the biggest game of next year by far. Folks love ODST and thought it was great, but when people see the huge leap forward Bungie is taking with Reach, I don't know if you've seen it yet, but everyone that I talked to that's been on the team and seen it is incredibly excited about that time." when you think about it..all he really said is that it looked good. people just took what he said until a completely different level of hypetimmy00

I really don't get why people keep saying that the graphics are average. It look really great for me.

It's because we have played Uncharted 2 everything else fails in comparison.
timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#156 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

[QUOTE="timmy00"]

[QUOTE="EVOLV3"]

jakarai

Except Crysis.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20279 Posts
[QUOTE="timmy00"]

[QUOTE="EVOLV3"]

jakarai

Not to mention the animations look like ODST. I may do a comparison vid whenever i get a hold of the vga video.
Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Zero_epyon

[QUOTE="jakarai"][QUOTE="timmy00"]I really don't get why people keep saying that the graphics are average. It look really great for me.

timmy00

Except Crysis.

This is obviously a console argument :P.

aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#159 aia89
Member since 2009 • 2828 Posts

that was a letdown, I was hoping for some gameplay. good that I decided to sleep instead of waiting for the "event"

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#160 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

[QUOTE="timmy00"]

[QUOTE="jakarai"] It's because we have played Uncharted 2 everything else fails in comparison.Zero_epyon

Except Crysis.

This is obviously a console argument :P.

Yeah Uncharted 2 is the graphics king for consoles.

EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts

[QUOTE="EVOLV3"]

[QUOTE="lawlessx"] '"At the VGAs, we actually go down on to the Planet Reach and see this game for the first time. It's all going to be in-game stuff. This is not CG. This is not live-action like all the kids on Twitter are speculating. You will get a first glimpse at the world of Reach, which is phenomenal. I think it's going to be the biggest game of next year by far. Folks love ODST and thought it was great, but when people see the huge leap forward Bungie is taking with Reach, I don't know if you've seen it yet, but everyone that I talked to that's been on the team and seen it is incredibly excited about that time." when you think about it..all he really said is that it looked good. people just took what he said until a completely different level of hypeWilliamRLBaker

Yes a trailer somehow managed to beat Uncharted 2... how exactly did it beat it may I ask?

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#162 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

[QUOTE="Drakes_Fortune"][QUOTE="jakarai"] CGI can look mediocre but looking at the trailer if that's in game Uncharted 2 won't loose its graphics crown anytime soon.jakarai

hahah :lol: you gotta be kidding

mediocre cgi

Did you really just link to 13 year old cgi? That was top of the line back then.

jakarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 jakarai

[QUOTE="jakarai"]

[QUOTE="Drakes_Fortune"] hahah :lol: you gotta be kiddingtopgunmv

mediocre cgi

Did you really just link to 13 year old cgi? That was top of the line back then.

I just proved a point.
caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#164 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts
It was cg so who knows.
Ringx55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Ringx55
Member since 2008 • 5967 Posts
On the level of MW2 and not any more.
good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#166 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

I'm so upset about that video. I was looking forward to something a little more epic. If the game is darker like that rather than the bright colorful style its always had, I'll be massively upset!!

Cait__Sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Cait__Sith
Member since 2009 • 2326 Posts

[QUOTE="EVOLV3"]

[QUOTE="lawlessx"] '"At the VGAs, we actually go down on to the Planet Reach and see this game for the first time. It's all going to be in-game stuff. This is not CG. This is not live-action like all the kids on Twitter are speculating. You will get a first glimpse at the world of Reach, which is phenomenal. I think it's going to be the biggest game of next year by far. Folks love ODST and thought it was great, but when people see the huge leap forward Bungie is taking with Reach, I don't know if you've seen it yet, but everyone that I talked to that's been on the team and seen it is incredibly excited about that time." when you think about it..all he really said is that it looked good. people just took what he said until a completely different level of hypeWilliamRLBaker

lol, I like how a trailer beats a game with better graphics, and a 9.5 score that also just got GOTY...

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#168 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

It was cg so who knows.caseypayne69

ImOldGreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 ImOldGreg
Member since 2007 • 2357 Posts
Loved it, loved everything it's got going on! :P More Spartans, greater detail in their armor and immersive take on UNSC tech and the graphics are just stunning. But really the icing on the cake was that snarling Elite at the end. It's good to see the anti-Spartans returning to their original role- as the definition of a worthy foe. They made great opponents in Halo C.E and Halo 2, and whilst I found playing as them and teaming with them at Two's conclusion entertaining I found that their place in Halo 3 didn't do them justice, plus their criminal absence from ODST brought my eager bloodlust to the boiling point. Don't get me wrong, the Brutes filled their hole nicely and I'm a fan of the planet of the apes/Wookie love child...But nothing tops an Elite in a sci-fi battlefeild. Cunning, daring and damnably cool! :D
Cait__Sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Cait__Sith

[QUOTE="caseypayne69"]It was cg so who knows.R3FURBISHED

lol that was perfect!
Revolution316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Revolution316
Member since 2009 • 2877 Posts

get over your self. it was boring. no action, it was all big generic alien fighters in robot suits talkin. nothing to go wow. also it was cutscene and not gameplay graphics

Cait__Sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Cait__Sith
Loved it, loved everything it's got going on! :P More Spartans, greater detail in their armor and immersive take on UNSC tech and the graphics are just stunning. But really the icing on the cake was that snarling Elite at the end. It's good to see the anti-Spartans returning to their original role- as the definition of a worthy foe. They made great opponents in Halo C.E and Halo 2, and whilst I found playing as them and teaming with them at Two's conclusion entertaining I found that their place in Halo 3 didn't do them justice, plus their criminal absence from ODST brought my eager bloodlust to the boiling point. Don't get me wrong, the Brutes filled their hole nicely and I'm a fan of the planet of the apes/Wookie love child...But nothing tops an Elite in a sci-fi battlefeild. Cunning, daring and damnably cool! :DImOldGreg
You actually copy and pasted what you jsut said in another thread lol...
Halo: Reach. Loved it, loved everything it's got going on! :P More Spartans, greater detail in their armor and immersive take on UNSC tech and the graphics are just stunning. But really the icing on the cake was that snarling Elite at the end. It's good to see the anti-Spartans returning to their original role- as the definition of a worthy foe. They made great opponents in Halo C.E and Halo 2, and whilst I found playing as them and teaming with them at Two's conclusion entertaining I found that their place in Halo 3 didn't do them justice, plus their criminal absence from ODST brought my eager bloodlust to the boiling point. Don't get me wrong, the Brutes filled their hole nicely and I'm a fan of the Planet of the Apes/Wookie love child...But nothing tops an Elite in a sci-fi battlefeild. Cunning, daring and damnably cool! :DImOldGreg
Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Zero_epyon
[QUOTE="ImOldGreg"]Loved it, loved everything it's got going on! :P More Spartans, greater detail in their armor and immersive take on UNSC tech and the graphics are just stunning. But really the icing on the cake was that snarling Elite at the end. It's good to see the anti-Spartans returning to their original role- as the definition of a worthy foe. They made great opponents in Halo C.E and Halo 2, and whilst I found playing as them and teaming with them at Two's conclusion entertaining I found that their place in Halo 3 didn't do them justice, plus their criminal absence from ODST brought my eager bloodlust to the boiling point. Don't get me wrong, the Brutes filled their hole nicely and I'm a fan of the planet of the apes/Wookie love child...But nothing tops an Elite in a sci-fi battlefeild. Cunning, daring and damnably cool! :DCait__Sith
Halo: Reach. Loved it, loved everything it's got going on! :P More Spartans, greater detail in their armor and immersive take on UNSC tech and the graphics are just stunning. But really the icing on the cake was that snarling Elite at the end. It's good to see the anti-Spartans returning to their original role- as the definition of a worthy foe. They made great opponents in Halo C.E and Halo 2, and whilst I found playing as them and teaming with them at Two's conclusion entertaining I found that their place in Halo 3 didn't do them justice, plus their criminal absence from ODST brought my eager bloodlust to the boiling point. Don't get me wrong, the Brutes filled their hole nicely and I'm a fan of the Planet of the Apes/Wookie love child...But nothing tops an Elite in a sci-fi battlefeild. Cunning, daring and damnably cool! :DImOldGreg

probably because they locked it.
opex07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 opex07
Member since 2007 • 2236 Posts

Looked great, to all the people who just watched the youtube video I would recomend waiting to watch an actuall quality version of the trailer, because it looked much better than the youtube version.

MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 MortalDecay
Member since 2005 • 4298 Posts
[QUOTE="Nisim19"]

cows keep crying the game looks like CGI

http://i49.tinypic.com/a4tngg.jpg

Sounds like a compliment, more than anything. If people think it looks good enough to be CG, then Bungie did their job.
Cait__Sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Cait__Sith
probably because they locked it.Zero_epyon
No its the VGA thread (sticky). lol
Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Zero_epyon
[QUOTE="Zero_epyon"] probably because they locked it.Cait__Sith
No its the VGA thread (sticky). lol

Oh then that's odd.
R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 R3FURBISHED

get over your self. it was boring. no action, it was all big generic alien fighters in robot suits talkin. nothing to go wow. also it was cutscene and not gameplay graphics

Revolution316

And they say Halo fans are simple minded. :? No offense meant, but if plot in an FPS is too much...then you might want to look elsewhere for your enjoyment.

ImOldGreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 ImOldGreg

[QUOTE="ImOldGreg"]Loved it, loved everything it's got going on! :P More Spartans, greater detail in their armor and immersive take on UNSC tech and the graphics are just stunning. But really the icing on the cake was that snarling Elite at the end. It's good to see the anti-Spartans returning to their original role- as the definition of a worthy foe. They made great opponents in Halo C.E and Halo 2, and whilst I found playing as them and teaming with them at Two's conclusion entertaining I found that their place in Halo 3 didn't do them justice, plus their criminal absence from ODST brought my eager bloodlust to the boiling point. Don't get me wrong, the Brutes filled their hole nicely and I'm a fan of the planet of the apes/Wookie love child...But nothing tops an Elite in a sci-fi battlefeild. Cunning, daring and damnably cool! :DCait__Sith

Shut it, I'm lazy and I want to get my point across- I heart Elites!!! :evil:

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#181 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

[QUOTE="cainetao11"][QUOTE="tryfe_lyn"]

cgi trailer with no in game footage? no thanks bungie....lol :P

PSdual_wielder

Reminds me of KZ2's first trailer.

but that one showed off gameplay :|

But everything was fake anyways :P

I can believe that's real-time footage, but I would have still liked to see some gameplay stuff, like some shooting sequences at least. :(

That's what I was hoping for. As for KZ2, it ain't gameplay if nobody was playing it. A little let down. At least give me a quick shot of someone getting shot in game, Bungie!
stepat201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 stepat201
Member since 2008 • 1979 Posts

Are they serious with this video? I thought we were going to see gameplay so I got really excited, why on earth would I want to see a pre-rendered trailer.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#183 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

Are they serious with this video? I thought we were going to see gameplay so I got really excited, why on earth would I want to see a pre-rendered trailer.

stepat201
it's a teaser..what did you expect?
R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 R3FURBISHED

why on earth would I want to see a pre-rendered trailer.

stepat201
don't make me bring Homer Simpson back in here!
Cait__Sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Cait__Sith
[QUOTE="ImOldGreg"]

Elites as in the recievers and plasma? or Elites as in those scary PC people who think they're better than you :P
ImOldGreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 ImOldGreg
[QUOTE="Cait__Sith"][QUOTE="ImOldGreg"]

Elites as in the recievers and plasma? or Elites as in those scary PC people who think they're better than you :P

...I'm going to piledrive you.
sayonara89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 sayonara89
Member since 2009 • 1985 Posts

Pretty good.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 R3FURBISHED

Pretty good.

sayonara89

Damn, right there!

KukicAdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 359

#189 KukicAdo
Member since 2008 • 973 Posts
Video is a big dissapointment, but I guess you can't really expect much from the VGA's considering all the games shown where pretty pathetic (new PoP wth? ) The show was a massive fail in general, and Halo Reach vid did nothing to make the pain of sitting thought that go away. The biggest announcement is easily the new batman game though.
opex07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 opex07
No its not "good" and how do people call it CGI when this is runnign in realtime on the Xbox360 (pic)Cait__Sith
Why don't you wait until we have some actual shots of the game instead of trying to compare your shot with what seems to be a screen grab from youtube.
roddollente

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 roddollente
Member since 2008 • 1543 Posts

lulz Geoff Keighley said the Reach trailer would be, "a very big step forward". forward from exactly what? the trailer was just plain meh and full of cliche. soliders tough-talking before going into an aircraft to send them somewhere else. hmmm..

and whoever thinks the game would look like that is a fool.

remeber those Halo 3 threads about the teaser trailer?

or those Forza 2 AND 3 bullshots?right after Forza 3 demo was released all the "Forza 3 looks better than GT5" threads were gone just like that.

lmao. you guys never learn.

Cait__Sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Cait__Sith
[QUOTE="Cait__Sith"]No its not "good" and how do people call it CGI when this is runnign in realtime on the Xbox360 (pic)opex07
Why don't you wait until we have some actual shots of the game instead of trying to compare your shot with what seems to be a screen grab from youtube.

An in engine grab of cinimatics from halo with Cryengine 3 gameplay...I also did see it live on TV and it's not impressive.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
Looks good. Not "WTFBBQSUACE graphixx King!!!!111" but still very good. Compared to the hype surrounding it's graphics, it's a bit dissapointing, but overall, its a big step up from the previous halo games.
Raiden004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#195 Raiden004
Member since 2009 • 1605 Posts

People are all disappointed that there was no gameplay. I thought everyone was expecting pre-rendered, i was but assume gameplay footage is not far away.

BTW. Skull Face Spartan is awesome!!!!

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

1. It was boring 2. it was boring 3. it was just a boring cutscene 4. it will sell tons when it releases 5. it was boringInfiniteBlak
If Halo was on the PS3 you would say otherwise. Heck if the first trailer to KillZone 3 was like the Reach trailer you would be praising the heck out of it. As for me though not being a Halofan the trailer was what ever. Although I do want to see gameplay and I'm interested in the new engine Bungie is developing Reach on.

opex07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 opex07

An in engine grab of cinimatics from halo with Cryengine 3 gameplay...I also did see it live on TV and it's not impressive.Cait__Sith
Those shots are certainly not an in engine grab of halo

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 dreman999
Member since 2004 • 11514 Posts

Halo reach is about Jai-006 from gray team.

If you read the Halo books you'll know who this is and from the trailer it esay to tell. Grey team is a group made of 3 Spartans who where train to fight
independently from the others due being loners.

The Spartan that got off the wort hog was only wearing grey for one and the other Spartans called him a lone wolf.

So no more master cheif.....

So we trade one guy who doesn't talk enough for another guy who doesn't talk enough but has issues.....

Darn it, just show some gameplay.

Cait__Sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Cait__Sith
[QUOTE="Cait__Sith"] An in engine grab of cinimatics from halo with Cryengine 3 gameplay...I also did see it live on TV and it's not impressive.opex07
Those shots are certainly not an in engine grab:lol:

? The Halo Reach is all in engine, and the Cryengine 3 is in game. Whats not in engine? When I say in engine I don't mean they were taken direct from a capture card I mean the footage of halo is running in realtime.
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

[QUOTE="opex07"][QUOTE="Cait__Sith"] An in engine grab of cinimatics from halo with Cryengine 3 gameplay...I also did see it live on TV and it's not impressive.Cait__Sith
Those shots are certainly not an in engine grab:lol:

? The Halo Reach is all in engine, and the Cryengine 3 is in game. Whats not in engine? When I say in engine I don't mean they were taken direct from a capture card I mean the footage of halo is running in realtime.

You're comparing apples and oranges. Find a reach shot looking through trees on a sunny day or find a dark nighttime shot of cryengine3.