Halo Reach video

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#201 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts
Kinda looks same old same old.
Cait__Sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 Cait__Sith
Member since 2009 • 2326 Posts

[QUOTE="Cait__Sith"][QUOTE="opex07"] Those shots are certainly not an in engine grab:lol:topgunmv

? The Halo Reach is all in engine, and the Cryengine 3 is in game. Whats not in engine? When I say in engine I don't mean they were taken direct from a capture card I mean the footage of halo is running in realtime.

You're comparing apples and oranges. Find a reach shot looking through trees on a sunny day or find a dark nighttime shot of cryengine3.

Just watch the gameplay vid of Cryengine 3 and you will see its clearly better than Halo Reach. It's not apples and oranges at all.

EDIT: some more Cryengine 3

All of that is realtime in game.

OPuniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 OPuniverse
Member since 2009 • 1943 Posts

[QUOTE="opex07"][QUOTE="Cait__Sith"]No its not "good" and how do people call it CGI when this is runnign in realtime on the Xbox360 (pic)Cait__Sith
Why don't you wait until we have some actual shots of the game instead of trying to compare your shot with what seems to be a screen grab from youtube.

An in engine grab of cinimatics from halo with Cryengine 3 gameplay...I also did see it live on TV and it's not impressive.

really? i thought it looks impressive and CGI-like on my HDTV ;)

opex07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 opex07
Member since 2007 • 2236 Posts

? The Halo Reach is all in engine, and the Cryengine 3 is in game. Whats not in engine? When I say in engine I don't mean they were taken direct from a capture card I mean the footage of halo is running in realtime.Cait__Sith
Oh, then my bad, I thought you were referring to a direct captured image, I apologize. Yes one is in engine while the other is gameplay, but that still doesn't mean you should go around comparing your crysis shot to a you tube screen grab.

Cait__Sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Cait__Sith

[QUOTE="Cait__Sith"][QUOTE="opex07"] Why don't you wait until we have some actual shots of the game instead of trying to compare your shot with what seems to be a screen grab from youtube. OPuniverse

An in engine grab of cinimatics from halo with Cryengine 3 gameplay...I also did see it live on TV and it's not impressive.

I can make you a bet my HDTV is better :P
Cait__Sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Cait__Sith

[QUOTE="Cait__Sith"][QUOTE="opex07"] Why don't you wait until we have some actual shots of the game instead of trying to compare your shot with what seems to be a screen grab from youtube. OPuniverse

I can make you a bet my HDTV is better ;)

Cait__Sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Cait__Sith

[QUOTE="Cait__Sith"] ? The Halo Reach is all in engine, and the Cryengine 3 is in game. Whats not in engine? When I say in engine I don't mean they were taken direct from a capture card I mean the footage of halo is running in realtime.opex07

Oh, then my bad, I thought you were referring to a direct captured image, I apologize. Yes one is in engine while the other is gameplay, but that still doesn't mean you should go around comparing your crysis shot to a you tube screen grab.

Yeah np, I had a feeling halfway through my post my bad for not being clear.
OPuniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 OPuniverse

[QUOTE="OPuniverse"]

[QUOTE="Cait__Sith"] An in engine grab of cinimatics from halo with Cryengine 3 gameplay...I also did see it live on TV and it's not impressive.Cait__Sith

well then it should look alot more impressive on ur HDTV if ur is better right? because i thought it looks pretty damm impressive on mine. And all in all, i acknowledge that cryengine is a force to be reckon with but what's wrong with saying Reach trailer looks like CGI? :)

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#209 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

[QUOTE="Cait__Sith"] ? The Halo Reach is all in engine, and the Cryengine 3 is in game. Whats not in engine? When I say in engine I don't mean they were taken direct from a capture card I mean the footage of halo is running in realtime.Cait__Sith

You're comparing apples and oranges. Find a reach shot looking through trees on a sunny day or find a dark nighttime shot of cryengine3.

Just watch the gameplay vid of Cryengine 3 and you will see its clearly better than Halo Reach. It's not apples and oranges at all.

Ya, and all you have to base your opinion of reach on is a 2 minute trailer in the middle of the desert at night. Why don't you wait until similar scenes are showed before trying to compare?

Rza_rectah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Rza_rectah
Member since 2005 • 3959 Posts

Meh VGA's suck for trailers

Kuromino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

User Lists: 9

#211 Kuromino  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 1602 Posts

I've never actually played any of the Halo games, and never really seen them in action either; so I'm not exactly sure who all these characters are in the video. So as someone who is totally unfamiliar with the series, the trailer didn't really do anything for me. I'm clearly seeing a different reaction from the fans though, so I'll assume you had to have played the other games to truly appreciate it.

If a trailer like this boosts the hype this much, I wonder how much it'll go up when we see some action.

Cait__Sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Cait__Sith
[QUOTE="OPuniverse"]

[QUOTE="Cait__Sith"][QUOTE="OPuniverse"] really? i thought it looks impressive and CGI-like on my HDTV ;)

well then it should look alot more impressive on ur HDTV if ur is better right? because i thought it looks pretty damm impressive on mine. And all in all, i acknowledge that cryengine is a force to be reckon with but what's wrong with saying Reach trailer looks like CGI? :)

Well CGI from 10 years ago maybe ;) But watching on my Elite Kuro It did not look as good as Cryengine 3.
Cait__Sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Cait__Sith
[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

[QUOTE="Cait__Sith"]

[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

Ya, and all you have to base your opinion of reach on is a 2 minute trailer in the middle of the desert at night. Why don't you wait until similar scenes are showed before trying to compare?

See it your way, but I hate to say I told you so...Actually I don't hate to say it, its awsome!
ThePRAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 ThePRAssassin
Member since 2009 • 1344 Posts

get over your self. it was boring. no action, it was all big generic alien fighters in robot suits talkin. nothing to go wow. also it was cutscene and not gameplay graphics

Revolution316

Halo's cutscenes are the same as gameplay graphics.

Disappointed to see a fellow SOCOMer be so ignorant.

ThePRAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 ThePRAssassin

I've never actually played any of the Halo games, and never really seen them in action either; so I'm not exactly sure who all these characters are in the video. So as someone who is totally unfamiliar with the series, the trailer didn't really do anything for me. I'm clearly seeing a different reaction from the fans though, so I'll assume you had to have played the other games to truly appreciate it.

If a trailer like this boosts the hype this much, I wonder how much it'll go up when we see some action.

Kuromino

You could play the game and still not know the characters.

You would have had to read the book, people pointed out who the Spartans were after E3. I never read the book so I wouldn't know and I forgot the names off the top of my head.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

[QUOTE="Cait__Sith"] Just watch the gameplay vid of Cryengine 3 and you will see its clearly better than Halo Reach. It's not apples and oranges at all.

Cait__Sith

See it your way, but I hate to say I told you so...Actually I don't hate to say it, its awsome!

I'm not saying that you couldn't be right, it's just the scenes are completely different. If the trailer was say on a tropical island, in the forest, or in front of a medieval castle then the comparison would be completely appropriate.

OPuniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 OPuniverse

[QUOTE="OPuniverse"]

[QUOTE="Cait__Sith"] I can make you a bet my HDTV is better :PCait__Sith

Well CGI from 10 years ago maybe ;) But watching on my Elite Kuro It did not look as good as Cryengine 3.

hey some of the games back then still have awesome CGI you know? example FFX, it was release 8 years ago :).

Cait__Sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Cait__Sith
[QUOTE="OPuniverse"]

[QUOTE="Cait__Sith"][QUOTE="OPuniverse"] well then it should look alot more impressive on ur HDTV if ur is better right? because i thought it looks pretty damm impressive on mine. And all in all, i acknowledge that cryengine is a force to be reckon with but what's wrong with saying Reach trailer looks like CGI? :)

hey some of the games back then still have awesome CGI you know? example FFX, it was release 8 years ago :).

8 years and 10 are pretty big :P but you get my point.
OPuniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 OPuniverse

[QUOTE="OPuniverse"]

[QUOTE="Cait__Sith"] Well CGI from 10 years ago maybe ;) But watching on my Elite Kuro It did not look as good as Cryengine 3.Cait__Sith

we should compare cryengine 2 vs cryengine 3 next :P

Cait__Sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Cait__Sith
[QUOTE="OPuniverse"]

[QUOTE="Cait__Sith"][QUOTE="OPuniverse"] hey some of the games back then still have awesome CGI you know? example FFX, it was release 8 years ago :).

we should compare cryengine 2 vs cryengine 3 next :P

lol well Cryengine 3 on PC is most likely better than Cryengine 2 on PC. But all that footage is Cryengine 3 on PS3/360.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#221 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

HQ, yuck, I want HD, HQ isn't that great for these kinds of vids. The vid looks better on TV than what was shown there, it's so obviously compressed for bandwidth it's not even funny, I'll wait for Gametrailers or a real HD vid on youtube.

I watched the vid, yep, HD would be much better, it wouldn't be as compressed either. It doesn't look right.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
The video isn't bad at all. Nothing really happens, sure, but it gives an idea of the characters and the visuals the engine can produce, looks nice. I really hope fanboys don't interpret this as in game quality. *especially* after Halo 3.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
If I was looking forward to this as much as most lemmings were I would be pretty disappointed. No gameplay or anything, just in engine stuff that looks about on par with most current gen games. Looks good for a Halo game though.
web966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#224 web966
Member since 2005 • 11654 Posts
I thought it was good, the graphics looked great.
Nisim19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Nisim19
Member since 2008 • 1002 Posts
one of the best looking games
Nisim19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Nisim19
Member since 2008 • 1002 Posts
you guys comper pics from low res stream video to HQ screenshots? at list wait for the HD video. and the game is not even a beta build
TheOwnerOner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 TheOwnerOner
Member since 2007 • 2921 Posts
good hype machine, but we want to see more of "the game"
roddollente

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 roddollente
Member since 2008 • 1543 Posts

dare i say it, THE BATMAN TRAILER WAS BETTER. geez.

deleterguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 deleterguy
Member since 2005 • 1827 Posts
Amazing graphics for a halo game, day 1!!!11!1!11!
nitsud_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 nitsud_19
Member since 2004 • 2519 Posts

I saw this show "live" although there was bleeps and bloops

rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#232 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
Pathetic. That's Reach? I think I'll just stick with Halo 3 :)SwagSurf
You definitely aren't much of a Halo fan. I mean come on, the Elites are back... Plus, it definitely looks more refined and cinematic in a good way compared to Halo 3. And that has no indication with the multiplayer, so I don't know how you can make that snap judgment in that regard.
brennan7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 brennan7777
Member since 2005 • 3253 Posts

I saw this show "live" although there was bleeps and bloops

nitsud_19

I'm sure the camera had a slight delay on it for such things.

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts

dare i say it, THE BATMAN TRAILER WAS BETTER. geez.

roddollente

your right, the batman trailer was better:D looking foward to the sequel

brennan7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 brennan7777

you guys comper pics from low res stream video to HQ screenshots? at list wait for the HD video. and the game is not even a beta buildNisim19
The game as a whole isnt even in beta build, but i guarantee that the video was the complete build.

deleterguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 deleterguy
By the way, this is HD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kco1sYXGwYE&feature=sub, it's from Bungie.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#237 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

[QUOTE="Nisim19"]you guys comper pics from low res stream video to HQ screenshots? at list wait for the HD video. and the game is not even a beta buildbrennan7777

The game as a whole isnt even in beta build, but i guarantee that the video was the complete build.

how could you or anyone else possibly know that
ThePRAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 ThePRAssassin

By the way, this is HD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kco1sYXGwYE&feature=sub, it's from Bungie.deleterguy

brennan7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 brennan7777

[QUOTE="brennan7777"]

[QUOTE="Nisim19"]you guys comper pics from low res stream video to HQ screenshots? at list wait for the HD video. and the game is not even a beta buildlawlessx

how could you or anyone else possibly know that

Which part?

Avatar image for DontBeHatin1983
DontBeHatin1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 DontBeHatin1983
Member since 2008 • 1044 Posts

the CGI looked really boring i hoped they would show us some gameplay. wtf best FPS MW2 i think that game sucks L4D2, KZ2 or halo odst much better games

opex07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 opex07

Looks Fantastic:

halo

DonPerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#242 DonPerian
Member since 2005 • 3773 Posts

Since no one seems to be posting this..off their front page article.

brennan7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 brennan7777

Looks Fantastic:

halo

opex07

I wouldnt consider the graphics themselves amazing, but i will admit the detail is very impressive.

opex07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 opex07

I wouldnt consider the graphics themselves amazing, but i will admit the detail is very impressive.

brennan7777

details are very much a part of determining how well off a game is graphically.

deleterguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 deleterguy
Finally a good picture instead of all these crappy pics people are posting.
sayonara89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 sayonara89
Member since 2009 • 1985 Posts

DonPerian

Halo 3 E3 2006

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 nmaharg
Member since 2004 • 3285 Posts

Just got done watching the trailer in HD, and it still doesn't wow me. I was expecting more from the graphics. The concept I'm seeing develope is nice though.

Side not anyone else see the covenent ship in the clouds, we may get a chance to fight with MC and his squad as well.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#248 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
It looks totally fine. If it looks pretty much like that in-game, cool. I was never expecting this to push the graphics envelope.
Avatar image for DontBeHatin1983
DontBeHatin1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 DontBeHatin1983
Member since 2008 • 1044 Posts

[QUOTE="DonPerian"]

sayonara89

Halo 3 E3 2006

lol halo3 looks better

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 nmaharg
Member since 2004 • 3285 Posts
[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]It looks totally fine. If it looks pretty much like that in-game, cool. I was never expecting this to push the graphics envelope.

I think most were hoping for more than just a fine looking game.