Halo kid...dead?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

0rin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#201 0rin
Member since 2006 • 7179 Posts

im not either...but kids should be taught gun safety.

primateface

Or, even better, just teach them to stay away from guns in the real world. Maybe even go so far as to use slight scare/traumatization by showing them mild pictures of dear/elk whatever that have been shot. Show them what guns do.

IMO children under 16 shouldn't even be allowed to touch a gun. At 16, you're old enough to know that a gun isn't a toy. And by that age, you would be right that kids should be taught gun safety.

I dunno, I suppose you have a point, but also I would advise, along with gun safety, also somehow let them know that guns aren't something they want to play with. I like the picture idea. i dunno though. When I have kids, any gun that I own will be safely locked away, or very well hidden.
TreyoftheDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#202 TreyoftheDead
Member since 2007 • 7982 Posts

While I do sympathize with the child's family, I can't help but wonder why they let their child fool around with a real gun.

When I was 11 years old I was completely aware that real guns could kill me. And yes, though others have said kids can't grasp the concept of life and death, I assure you that when I was 11 I knew what death meant. I knew how finalizing it is, and even though I was a christian then, the thought of going to heaven did not make me fear death less. So I didn't fool around with real guns. Simple as that.

ImOldGreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#203 ImOldGreg
Member since 2007 • 2357 Posts

Hmm, I wonder where he'll respawn now?MGSFan92
"Kill-joy!"hongkingkong

Sad yet Halarious.....Suicide!

My condolences to the family...

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

:lol: there are many who will take offense to this and all i gotta say is take a chill pill, welcome to earth where alot of bad stuff happens everyday, just watch the news for reference. i on the otherhand, although feeling sympathy for the masterchief wannabe, lol'd

Huff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Huff
Member since 2003 • 2132 Posts

While I do sympathize with the child's family, I can't help but wonder why they let their child fool around with a real gun.

When I was 11 years old I was completely aware that real guns could kill me. And yes, though others have said kids can't grasp the concept of life and death, I assure you that when I was 11 I knew what death meant. I knew how finalizing it is, and even though I was a christian then, the thought of going to heaven did not make me fear death less. So I didn't fool around with real guns. Simple as that.

TreyoftheDead
I started hunting when I was eleven. I used a high powered rifle, but I never played with it at home. I understood that my gun was for shooting/hunting and should be left alone the rest of the time. I was well aware that I would never touch a gun again if I was caught playing around with any firearm(even a bb gun)
Memoryitis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#206 Memoryitis
Member since 2006 • 2221 Posts
1. Dont let 11 year olds play with guns /thread
Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

his overshield failedohioyankee

another one:lol:

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
[QUOTE="primateface"]

im not either...but kids should be taught gun safety.

0rin

Or, even better, just teach them to stay away from guns in the real world. Maybe even go so far as to use slight scare/traumatization by showing them mild pictures of dear/elk whatever that have been shot. Show them what guns do.

IMO children under 16 shouldn't even be allowed to touch a gun. At 16, you're old enough to know that a gun isn't a toy. And by that age, you would be right that kids should be taught gun safety.

I dunno, I suppose you have a point, but also I would advise, along with gun safety, also somehow let them know that guns aren't something they want to play with. I like the picture idea. i dunno though. When I have kids, any gun that I own will be safely locked away, or very well hidden.

It depends on the culture and social aspects of the region, but common practice should be as you stated.

Though my opinions on things being desensitised for kids is mixed. Violence is always glorified, especially in the mainstream media, so of course people who have not matured - or aren't mature in general are not going to think of the consequences surrounding things as simple as guns or for instance - war.

You could say video games do the same - and have such an affect on certain people. Ironically it was games - for me - among other forms of media - games broke down the glorification barrier - particularly ones like Operation Flashpoint, simply because of the incredibly realistic nature combat, and human vulnerability portrayed.

loganh92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 loganh92
Member since 2007 • 443 Posts

Wow, what a stupid kid, and parents.

Gun safety courses are either recommended or required for children of that age in most states. Why he didn't take one shows that maybe this is simply natural selection at work.

nahmean187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#210 nahmean187
Member since 2008 • 640 Posts
this is sad. and its worse that ppl are makin fun of this. i mean is it kinda funny at first? yea.. but every 11 year old plays around. its unfortunate that the parents actually let him have a real gun...
njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 njean777
Member since 2007 • 3807 Posts

Well the real question is where were the parents in all of this?

but i pray that the family is ok

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

apparently trying to imitate moves from the game with his .22 caliber rifle (a common pastime for the child).

Wow, parents?

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#213 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts
That sucks. But how did he get a gun?
Ilived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#214 Ilived
Member since 2007 • 5516 Posts
Is there an actual reason why the gun was loaded in the first place? Did he know how to load the weapon?
Avatar image for FunkyHeadHunter
FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 FunkyHeadHunter
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

Pray for him and his parents.-Ninja_Dog-

Yea that will help..:roll:

Dont be fooled by religion..

xXMcClaneXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 xXMcClaneXx
Member since 2008 • 1110 Posts
[QUOTE="Fawlcon_Pawnch"]

[QUOTE="Dark-Pain"]He deserved it. People like that don't deserve to live. Imatating a game how dumb. Skipping school was even dumber. He had no purpose in life he wasn't going to add to society only waste resourses. He deserved it. He should have played halo on xbox instead. Dark-Pain

*hands a shotgun to Dark-Pain and waits*

Waits for what? People like that that are stupid enough to play with a real gun should not live. People who waist time playing games and skipping shchool desrve this. People should add to socirty and make things better. This kid waS A WASTE AND DESERVED TO DIE. Human's are pathetic.

dude your a f###n punk......wat if that was your lil brother or something....would it be a waste??????...would it be funny?????....your pathetic

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Human's are pathetic.

xXMcClaneXx
Alien Scum!
regorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 regorego
Member since 2005 • 332 Posts

damn that sucks for the kid... But was what he doing with a gun anyways? :|

welll RIP halo kid

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#219 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts

:lol:

I know this is a serious thread, but omg that was freakin' funny.

freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#220 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts

:|

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 FrozenLiquid

[QUOTE="-Ninja_Dog-"]Pray for him and his parents.FunkyHeadHunter

Yea that will help..:roll:

Dont be fooled by religion..

Don't be fooled by religion?

Last time I checked, they weren't the ones that were quick to assume Halo kid this young kid.

And seriously, -Ninja_Dog- only wants to help the family in his own way. What the hell are you doing to make the situation better?

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

I don't see how some of you can place humor into this.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

[QUOTE="stereointegrity"]how do they kno he was imitating halo of no one was home...or is this just the media trying to badmouth video games againDark-Pain

Wether it was Halo or not he deserved to die. That kid deserved to die. Playing with guns , he knew it would end bad. He killed himself and guesswhat becasue of his stupitiy gamers will have to pay for it eventually.

How dare you say another human being deserved to die especially a kid who had an accident, a tragic and fatal accident maybe but still an accident. I'm guessing you're one of those perfect people who've never made mistake in their lives?

I ran out into the road when i was 8 and got ran over by a car, i wasnt seriously injured or anything but its still a silly mistake to make, would you of condemned me to death for being a child and making mistakes ?

For all we know the kid was very responsible with the gun usually, he may have had a great attendance record and this was a rare occurance for him to be off school, he just so happened to act like a child (which he is ... a child) and it ended tragically. Do you think the parents will find it easy to live with themselves now?, hell no they'll never ever get over this.

Get a bit of humanity Dark-Pain, empathy is one of the things that seperate humans from the rest of the animals.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 FrozenLiquid

I don't see how some of you can place humor into this.

ArisShadows

Me neither I feel kinda bad laughing at that comment on the first page, though I don't mean ill for the family.

I guess it was just the wrong thing to say at exactly the right time.

War_Martyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#225 War_Martyr
Member since 2007 • 598 Posts

LMFAO. I'm sorry...I already know I'm going to hell along with you, but that was pretty funny.

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
Wow....
primateface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 primateface
Member since 2008 • 1095 Posts
i feel bad for him...but still man what kind of idiot puts a gun to their head and pulls the trigger?
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#229 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts

Who the hell gave him the gun?

And how did he get it?

Did the parents know that he had it?

MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 MojondeVACA
Member since 2008 • 3916 Posts
Well is not the kid who loves to make cardboard craps.. if eveyone else is wondering that..
IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts
Congrats to his retarded parents for holding a gun at a approachable place.
angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
Congrats to his retarded parents for holding a gun at a approachable place.IgGy621985
A Loaded one at that...
EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#233 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
He shouldn't be playing Halo 3, and more importantly, how the hell did he get a gun?
che5ter666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 che5ter666
Member since 2004 • 703 Posts
[QUOTE="hot114"]

Easy to shove this one off as bad parenting.

ReaperV7

lol sorry i couldnt resist

:lol: :lol:

Absolutely loved this.

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#236 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

i feel bad for him...but still man what kind of idiot puts a gun to their head and pulls the trigger? primateface

You dont feel bad, you've been making jokes this entire thread.

carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 carljohnson3456
[QUOTE="Dark-Pain"]

[QUOTE="stereointegrity"]how do they kno he was imitating halo of no one was home...or is this just the media trying to badmouth video games againSnugenz

Wether it was Halo or not he deserved to die. That kid deserved to die. Playing with guns , he knew it would end bad. He killed himself and guesswhat becasue of his stupitiy gamers will have to pay for it eventually.

How dare you say another human being deserved to die especially a kid who had an accident, a tragic and fatal accident maybe but still an accident. I'm guessing you're one of those perfect people who've never made mistake in their lives?

I ran out into the road when i was 8 and got ran over by a car, i wasnt seriously injured or anything but its still a silly mistake to make, would you of condemned me to death for being a child and making mistakes ?

For all we know the kid was very responsible with the gun usually, he may have had a great attendance record and this was a rare occurance for him to be off school, he just so happened to act like a child (which he is ... a child) and it ended tragically. Do you think the parents will find it easy to live with themselves now?, hell no they'll never ever get over this.

Get a bit of humanity Dark-Pain, empathy is one of the things that seperate humans from the rest of the animals.

Well said man. And I agree with you 100%. I hope everyone who made a joke about this tragic news doesnt believe in Karma.

chutup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#238 chutup
Member since 2005 • 7656 Posts
Nothing to do with Halo. It's your country's gun culture that causes this kind of stuff, just like it caused Columbine High and Virginia Tech.
che5ter666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 che5ter666
Member since 2004 • 703 Posts

Nothing to do with Halo. It's your country's gun culture that causes this kind of stuff, just like it caused Columbine High and Virginia Tech. chutup

Hard truth....but still truth none the less.

3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts

Is there an actual reason why the gun was loaded in the first place? Did he know how to load the weapon?Ilived

obviously he wasn't taught that a bullet remains in the chamber despite removing the clip in some models. i absolutely blame the parents on this one. it's one thing to buy your child a weapon, it's another to lock it up with trigger locks and put it on a rack instead of just hiding it from your son.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#241 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

To the kid-

1. Why are you playing with a gun instead of just........... playing halo?

2. Why the hell would you point it at yourself?

To the parents-

1. Why does he have access to a gun?

2. Why the **** do you keep a loaded gun in your house?

Lemmywinks_360

I've gotta blame this pretty much 100% on the parents, he's 11, they let him play an M rated game, they kept a loaded gun in their house, the article said it was common he'd play with the gun, and they let him skip school. Bad parenting all round if you ask me.

3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts

Well said man. And I agree with you 100%. I hope everyone who made a joke about this tragic news doesnt believe in Karma.

carljohnson3456

you know what man, veiled threats using Karma are just as bad as what some people are doing in this thread. anyone that believes in Karma wouldn't wish ill Karma upon anyone - because guess what that gets you :P (aside from the idea being reprehensible to anyone that DOES believe).

i know you're upset about what some people are saying, but you don't have to go dragging Karma through the mud to offend any Sikh, Buddhist, or Hindu that may be in this thread.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#243 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

thanks

meaning of life?

samusarmada

The Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything is 42.

carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 carljohnson3456
[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"]

3picuri3

you know what man, veiled threats using Karma are just as bad as what some people are doing in this thread. anyone that believes in Karma wouldn't wish ill Karma upon anyone - because guess what that gets you :P (aside from the idea being reprehensible to anyone that DOES believe).

i know you're upset about what some people are saying, but you don't have to go dragging Karma through the mud to offend any Sikh, Buddhist, or Hindu that may be in this thread.

Wow, I said "they better not believe in karma".

Funny how out of all the offensive things to call out in this thread, you pick what I said to reply to. :roll:

But yeah, I dont want to offend anybody. If that comment was really out of line, I apologize and didnt mean to offend anybody.

agentzero23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 agentzero23
Member since 2008 • 921 Posts

[QUOTE="ohioyankee"]his overshield failedRage010101

another one:lol:

dang I laughed :lol:

agentzero23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 agentzero23
Member since 2008 • 921 Posts

Damn I laughed but I feel so bad :(

helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#247 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
Wow that sucks. It is really the parents' fault on this.
Game_Druggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#248 Game_Druggy
Member since 2007 • 490 Posts
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="Dark-Pain"][QUOTE="Fawlcon_Pawnch"]

[QUOTE="Dark-Pain"]He deserved it. People like that don't deserve to live. Imatating a game how dumb. Skipping school was even dumber. He had no purpose in life he wasn't going to add to society only waste resourses. He deserved it. He should have played halo on xbox instead. Dark-Pain

*hands a shotgun to Dark-Pain and waits*

Waits for what? People like that that are stupid enough to play with a real gun should not live. People who waist time playing games and skipping shchool desrve this. People should add to socirty and make things better. This kid waS A WASTE AND DESERVED TO DIE. Human's are pathetic.

:|

Is there a reason you are being so overbearingly morose or is that just the way you are?

Yes there is a reason. Kid dies of stupidity and it ends up on the news. Why should have sympathy for a person like that? Maybe for a person who died saving others yes that would be sad. But not this. My ideologies are diffrent.

I actually somewhat agree, he doesnt really deserve sympathy. I feel bad and all.. But... He shot himself acting like master chief, while other people get shot saving their squad in Iraq. One person dies for the lifes of others, While the other dies in an alternate reality.

Dalo12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Dalo12345
Member since 2007 • 800 Posts
Dark-Pain is right, you are wrong. Have a good day.
Al3x_n90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#250 Al3x_n90
Member since 2007 • 2561 Posts

Ah, that sucks. :([QUOTE="deshields538"]An 11 year old... with a gun? What. The. ****.MoldOnHold
Yeah seriously.....

Yeah are you kidding me? oh i'm 11 i gotta get a gun and shoot things thinking i'm mc...