Halo 3 requires no skill, CoD4 has more skill.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Threebabycows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 Threebabycows
Member since 2008 • 1086 Posts

[QUOTE="Threebabycows"]

[QUOTE="killerfist"] I'm in 8th prestige, level (something)...killerfist

I think he is talking about halo.

level 34 then

What playlist? MLG has teamwork(albeit weak) from 20+ and the rest of the playlist teamwork start forming at around 42+

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#252 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

[QUOTE="killerfist"][QUOTE="Threebabycows"]

I think he is talking about halo.

Threebabycows

level 34 then

What playlist? MLG has teamwork(albeit weak) from 20+ and the rest of the playlist teamwork start forming at around 42+

Team Slayer. The MLG games I played were exactly like Team Slayer, but that could be because of my lower rank in that playlist. But on the other hand, I do get matched with higher ranks everywhere. And like I said, the only time really saw some proper teamwork was in objective matches.
master_link23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 master_link23
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="Threebabycows"]

[QUOTE="killerfist"] level 34 then killerfist

Team Slayer. The MLG games I played were exactly like Team Slayer, but that could be because of my lower rank in that playlist. But on the other hand, I do get matched with higher ranks everywhere. And like I said, the only time really saw some proper teamwork was in objective matches.

You must have played less than 3 MLG matches then, because the majority are objective games. If you don't have basic strategy and communication in MLG past ~42, you're pretty much screwed.

Threebabycows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 Threebabycows

[QUOTE="Threebabycows"]

[QUOTE="killerfist"] level 34 then killerfist

At higher level people start using the callouts, time powerups and weps, team shot well, have strats for maps(if you can't tell I am a little obsessed with halo lol).

Threebabycows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 Threebabycows

master_link23

You must have played less than 3 MLG matches then, because the majority are objective games. If you don't have basic strategy and communication in MLG past ~42, you're pretty much screwed.

I would say 35+ and 43 here BTW.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 killerfist

master_link23

lulz, you're actually right as well..:P I have a whopping 3XP in MLG according to bungie.net. I could have sworn I had more. I guess I should play some more then..ignore me from now on:P
Threebabycows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 Threebabycows

[QUOTE="master_link23"]

[QUOTE="killerfist"] Team Slayer. The MLG games I played were exactly like Team Slayer, but that could be because of my lower rank in that playlist. But on the other hand, I do get matched with higher ranks everywhere. And like I said, the only time really saw some proper teamwork was in objective matches. killerfist

lulz, you're actually right as well..:P I have a whopping 3XP in MLG according to bungie.net. I could have sworn I had more. I guess I should play some more then..ignore me from now on:P

The thing on this forum is that people are so unimformed about halo it is so funny. Halo is the kinda game that looks really shallow at first but is really deep. I think you must be good at the game before you can really judge it.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 killerfist
The thing on this forum is that people are so unimformed about halo it is so funny. Halo is the kinda game that looks really shallow at first but is really deep. I think you must be good at the game before you can really judge it.Threebabycows
You're right, I guess I should've kept my mouth shut before getting a good look of everything available. I really should play Halo some time anyways (I've been saying this for a long time)...but I'm kinda in the racing mood right now with Forza 2 and Dirt..
EmperorZeruel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#259 EmperorZeruel
Member since 2007 • 4207 Posts
its feals the opposite for me in cal of duty 4 i can camp some where and get 1 hit kills all the time, also when i start attacking someone most of the tiem they dont know where and never get the chance to strike back. in halo 3 you have to know how to move around and jump in a way so that you can hit them and they hvae difficulty hitting you
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#260 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Not true at all. Although I did destroy the opposition with ease when I played H 3 online today but that's because I'm just so damn good. Casual Duty 4 does not require more skill.
Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 Cyberfairy
Member since 2003 • 5180 Posts

I found myself pwning noobs much more often in COD4, 5 than what I did in Halo 3. Heck I even pwn more noobs in TF2 than Halo 3. I don't know if it's just the game that is harder, or if there are alot of skilled people playing, but Halo 3 definetaly takes more skill then COD4.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
[QUOTE="xxcodmanxx"]you work in teams, you create a plan to eliminate the other opponents killerfist
Don't know about you, but I've never done this in COD4. It's every man for himself....just like Halo.

From what I've experienced, in Halo 3, if you try to go lone wolf, you get your ass kicked in a glorious fashion. You'll go after that a seemingly lone ency...and then his three buddies come out of nowhere and put more bullets in you than Bonnie and Clyde ate at the end of the movie.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

[QUOTE="II-FBIsniper-II"][QUOTE="VideoGameRosado"] Oh of course i have an explanation as to why that is so. It's easy. See.... where I come from... where your online gaming requires skill... you get used to "aiming for yourself" and having my kills hard earned. So I went back to halo 3 a couple months back and tried the same technique, you know...aiming for yourself, and it didn't work. I was just used to skill required non-health regenerating online gaming that going back to halo's noobiness was a chore until i later realized playing the game with the left stick only is the way to go.VideoGameRosado

Oh, I'm hoping one of those online games isn't SocomConfrontation.

I take it you never played the game, considering if you did.... you would never notice that or ever knew it existed in the first place. Sad you take pride in your kills in This Game

Wow, is the irony of your reply seriously going over your head, Rosado? Really?
RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#264 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts
As far as I know, every game is different and has its on style. You must perfect each different style to become considered good. Al thought COD4 perks do make things a bit cheap.
ocean4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 ocean4
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Recipe for Halo 3 1. Spot your enemy 2. Shoot him whilst running at him 3. When close, enough, beat down 4. Rinse and repeat
Threebabycows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 Threebabycows

Recipe for Halo 3 1. Spot your enemy 2. Shoot him whilst running at him 3. When close, enough, beat down 4. Rinse and repeatocean4

COD

1. point and shoot.

rp108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#267 rp108
Member since 2008 • 1743 Posts

Call of Duty takes less skill and that's why it is so popular in my opinion.

bronxxbombers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#268 bronxxbombers
Member since 2009 • 2840 Posts
Wow, I dont think one person agreed with TC, and the majority here are cows, and loathe Halo. Thats saying something.
Avatar image for _Judge_Gabranth
_Judge_Gabranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 _Judge_Gabranth
Member since 2006 • 257 Posts

CoD takes the least amount of skill of any online shooter ever. All the guns kill in 1 or 2 shoots, almost no sparay, ton of aim assist, and no recoil. Anybody can kill anyone in CoD. This is why CoD is so popular people dont like to play things they arent good at an everyone is good at CoD

Avatar image for phillyeagles123
phillyeagles123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#270 phillyeagles123
Member since 2006 • 76 Posts

LOL Call of Duty is like FPS for Dummies. Does Halo take a lot of skill? No, but it sure takes a lot more than Call of Duty.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#271 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
classic system wars lulz
Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 Tikeio
Member since 2011 • 5332 Posts

LOL Call of Duty is like FPS for Dummies. Does Halo take a lot of skill? No, but it sure takes a lot more than Call of Duty.

phillyeagles123

Why would you necro this thread?

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#273 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
And people moan about the new TOU making it easy to troll. Look at the crap that was allowed back in 2009.
Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#274 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts
For me, COD4>>>>>Halo 3. In terms of difficulty? Um probably Halo 3, but COD4 wasnt a NOOB friendly as current day CoD's... I much preferred COD4 but Halo 3 is a little harder I think.
eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts

ahh the old cod4 vs halo 3 match up. Wasn't here back then but their definitely was a passing of the torch that year.

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#276 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

ahh the old cod4 vs halo 3 match up. Wasn't here back then but their definitely was a passing of the torch that year.

eboyishere
Exactly. Say what you want, but COD4 didnt launch the COD franchise into a house hold name for no reason.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
How in the hell did I miss this thread??????? It's a good thing I did, I would've surely suffered an aneurysm dealing with it...
hadoken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 hadoken
Member since 2003 • 2730 Posts
halo takes more skill than COD ever will. in cod you can just sit in the corner with your grandma and drink tea all day and wait till someone comes by. in halo if a noob shoots a pro, the pro can EASILY turn around and out gun the noob. it takes precision, reflexes, footwork etc. halo destroys cod
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#279 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
Take yourself to a Halo tourny if you think it takes no skill. You will be destroyed.
eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts

[QUOTE="eboyishere"]

carljohnson3456

Exactly. Say what you want, but COD4 didnt launch the COD franchise into a house hold name for no reason.

i like both but i liked cod4 because it was finally a GOOD current war game. The sci fi scene was getting played out.

Mr_Cumberdale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 Mr_Cumberdale
Member since 2004 • 10189 Posts
No, CoD4 doesn't require any skill to win, it requires double tap, deep penetration, and an MP5. Most inblanced game ever created, IMO.enterawesome
Interesting perks choices. I guess PC is different, but stopping power/juggernaut and bandolier was more prevalent.
PC4lifeman2233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 PC4lifeman2233
Member since 2012 • 479 Posts

NECROMANCY!!!!!

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

lol the thought of console fps requiring skill.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#284 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

phillyeagles123

I'd like to introduce you to the book, Forum Posting for Dummies.

Chapter 1 - DON'T BUMP A 3 YEAR OLD THREAD

:x :x