Halo 3 requires no skill, CoD4 has more skill.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rza_rectah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Rza_rectah
Member since 2005 • 3959 Posts
[QUOTE="Rza_rectah"][QUOTE="ArisShadows"]Yes, a game where newbies start with nothing and veterans of the game start off with everything. Yes, wonderful design choice. Earning those simply put less skill.ArisShadows
Its called a learning curve and matchmaking.

So making it tough on newer players with giving little to nothing to compete against people with god perks and weapons. Yeah.. I dont see how thats helping. :/

Matchmaking.....
Rza_rectah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Rza_rectah

[QUOTE="Rza_rectah"][QUOTE="EazyD91"]try owning guys in MLG at halo, they'll own you right out the doorEazyD91

Isnt that the same for any game with pro gamers.

I believe Halo is the most popular when it comes to MLG(not quite sure if this is true) therefore it requires skills to be that good as opposed to some people ("TC") claiming it requires no skill

I guess, i forgot the topic on hand.
smokingsbad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 smokingsbad
Member since 2004 • 38455 Posts

[QUOTE="smokingsbad"]

[QUOTE="enterawesome"]Honestly, I can't believe how good those guys are. The can perfectly line up a sniper shot in less than half a second while following a running target in comat....mitu123

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnF0aH3fDZg

That was sick man, I wish I was as good as them.

the one where he sniped the guy through the purple thing was pretty sick:P

Immortal_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Immortal_Evil
Member since 2007 • 2004 Posts

i have both and disagree.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#55 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="smokingsbad"]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnF0aH3fDZg

smokingsbad

That was sick man, I wish I was as good as them.

the one where he sniped the guy through the purple thing was pretty sick:P

Yep, not to mention getting 2 guys with 1 sniper shot.

Ringx55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Ringx55
Member since 2008 • 5967 Posts
Or why don't you play a game that takes skill.... CS: 1.6 or CSS
HotRevolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 HotRevolver
Member since 2009 • 532 Posts

I swear, if MW2 doesn't tone down the number of grenades in the multiplayer I will not be buying the game. COD4 is just ridiculous with the amount of grenades you have to deal with.

And realistic? Yeah, a game that tells you when you're hitting someone with noises (including through walls and whatnot) sure adds to the realism factor.

Rza_rectah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Rza_rectah

Even the devs dont have faith in this game. "Fireifght is not more fun then horde mode its just different Hot garbage".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWiRBRYCQJI

Gamerz1569

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Gamerz1569
Member since 2008 • 2087 Posts

Haven't palyed Halo 3 so I can't comment, but COD4 skill? Yes it requires skill just like any game but has a very small learning curve, noob friendly unbalance weapons and perks, grenade spamming etc.. Both games are more of arcade shooters and don't require much skill. Play Red Orchestra, CS or DoD - those games require a lot of skill.

Avatar image for Disturbed_One98
Disturbed_One98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Disturbed_One98
Member since 2006 • 1171 Posts
they both take no skill, but Halo takes more skill if I had to choosesmokingsbad
Ugh, I hate elitist answers like that... Le'mme guess. Counter Strike 1.6 and Quake III is where teh hardcore is at? You clearly haven't played Halo enough to know the truth.
xgraderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 xgraderx
Member since 2008 • 2395 Posts

CoD4 has such fast reflexes, more realistic, better weapon variety, better maps.

In CoD 4 you cant run anywhere or find some overshields or bubble to hide. In halo3 you can escape from an enemy and you die from nowhere.

CoD4 you have to aim, you work in teams, you create a plan to eliminate the other opponents unlike your nine year old friends on halo who QQ when they die cause theyre too young for this game.

CoD4 also is just better. Has a better dev. Snipers in cod4 are so much more pro than halo also. The BR is the most easy weapon to use.

Discuss.

xxcodmanxx

Im guessing you have a very low rank in Halo TC,I dont mean that as an insult but anybody who says Halo requires no skill havent played in the higher ranks.I play both and Halo 3 requires far more skill.Halo is a game that allows for a very wide range of skill levels,from very easy to rediculously insane skills levels in players.Its an amazing competitive game.COD's gameplay doesnt allow for this wide range of skill,the gameplay is the games great equilizer,people can be good at the game but its set up as such that,well,you dont need true skill.Halo beats it hands down in this department,the gameplay is such that true skill is really required,or the game would be unplayable for poor to average players.

WAIW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#62 WAIW
Member since 2008 • 5000 Posts

CoD requires skill? Really?

hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts

They both take skill.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#64 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

Halo 3 requires waay more skill than CoD4, neither is that high in terms of skill that you need to use, but sometime you need a lot in Halo 3 while Cod4 you hardly need any at all.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

CoD4 takes no skill at all. I can use 3x Frag and have a positive kd in a match. There are so many ways to get cheap kills on that game that its hard to say it requires an ounce of skill

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts
No, CoD4 doesn't require any skill to win, it requires double tap, deep penetration, and an MP5. Most inblanced game ever created, IMO.enterawesome
Ever play Command & Conquer 3 v1.05? :P I would agree though. CoD4 is incredibly broken when it comes to balance. The online gameplay mechanics revolve around having the fastest refresh rate on your monitor/TV so you can see your enemies quicker. There's no skill in the aiming either. Just point and click (usually only takes one shot) once you see the enemy. There's a kill, and when you're seen first (and thus die), a grenade could possibly get you another kill. It's like the spiked shell in Mario Kart: punishing good players and ultimately destroying any sense of accomplishment or competition.
gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#67 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

Meh.... Counter Strike > both

I agree with TC though about COD4 > Halo 3

Next-Gen-Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Next-Gen-Tec
Member since 2009 • 4623 Posts
I have played both, but no, Halo 3 required more skill IMO. COD4 was much easier.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#69 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30573 Posts

I desagree. On Halo theres not similar weapons. Every single weapon (and vehicle) has its strong and weak points and you actually need to master them to deliver. Its perfectly balanced imo

enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#70 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
[QUOTE="enterawesome"]No, CoD4 doesn't require any skill to win, it requires double tap, deep penetration, and an MP5. Most inblanced game ever created, IMO.Saturos3091
Ever play Command & Conquer 3 v1.05? :P I would agree though. CoD4 is incredibly broken when it comes to balance. The online gameplay mechanics revolve around having the fastest refresh rate on your monitor/TV so you can see your enemies quicker. There's no skill in the aiming either. Just point and click (usually only takes one shot) once you see the enemy. There's a kill, and when you're seen first (and thus die), a grenade could possibly get you another kill. It's like the spiked shell in Mario Kart: punishing good players and ultimately destroying any sense of accomplishment or competition.

No, I haven't played C&C3, though Red Alert 3 looks awesome. Anyway, yeah, the balance is just terrible, it killed the game for me.
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
Have you played Halo 3 in a none deathmatch environment? It seriously takes strategy and skill to win against good players.
runekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 runekey
Member since 2008 • 697 Posts

I wouldnt say NO skill. But CoD 4 definently takes more skill and training.

Avatar image for dundermuffin666
dundermuffin666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 dundermuffin666
Member since 2009 • 202 Posts

CoD4 has such fast reflexes, more realistic, better weapon variety, better maps.

In CoD 4 you cant run anywhere or find some overshields or bubble to hide. In halo3 you can escape from an enemy and you die from nowhere.

CoD4 you have to aim, you work in teams, you create a plan to eliminate the other opponents unlike your nine year old friends on halo who QQ when they die cause theyre too young for this game.

CoD4 also is just better. Has a better dev. Snipers in cod4 are so much more pro than halo also. The BR is the most easy weapon to use.

Discuss.

xxcodmanxx

I really am not a big fan of either. Halo is so overrated, and the problem COD4 has is that it's stuck between realism and fiction

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
Not even close. CoD multiplayer is incredibly easy.
Metalphor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Metalphor
Member since 2008 • 163 Posts

Being a PC gamer who is use to skill based games like Counter-Strike Source... I will say this. Halo definitely requires a lot more skill than CoD4. CoD4 is the definition of a noob game... if the dictionary had an entry for "Noob Game", Call of Duty 4 would be in the desciption. Imbalanced weapons, heavy emphasis on grenade throwing, extreme amount of running/gunning (no tactical or strategic play), auto-aim, being able to throw a grenade to the other side of the map and net 3 kills, imbalanced perks (some completely useless), map design that encourages camping as opposed to skillful fights, random gunfights (it's all about who catches who, first), lack of team-based gameplay (since when did CoD idiots play as a team using Mic?), oh and last, but not least, the absolutely stupid Helicopter/Dogs, bulls***. Free kills? Can't get any more noobish than that. Sure, it can be a fun game, and it's great for causual pick up and play shooter experience, but is it designed for skilled players? Hell no. Halo requires legions more skill.

Modern Warfare 2 is going be even worse than CoD4. Seriously... Dual Deagles? WTFFFFFFF!???? Knife throwing? Since when did US marines resort to knife throwing...? You are a complete and total idiot if you consider the Call of Duty series to require skill.

That being said, neither Halo or CoD4 require as much as skill as Counterstrike to be good. There is no such thing as free kills in Counterstrike.

Darkmoone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#76 Darkmoone1
Member since 2008 • 2845 Posts
Halo 3 requires no skill while CoD4 takes skill? XD HAHA That's a good one.
chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

I noticed trough playing CoD2 with my friends. Actualy scratch that. I was playing... they were doing something else...

They lern a simple rutine for a map (mostly Toujane S&D for CoD).
For Toujane its:
Throw nade at enemy spawn...
Switch to main weapon...
Run for a couple of seconds...
Take aim...
Watch for enemies...
Shoot enemies...
Kill enemies...
Move towards bomb...
Place bomb...
Wait for the enemy guys to come to you
Shoot enemies...
Kill enemies...
Win...
Repeat 200x...

CoD sounds fun!

Avatar image for prettycoolyoyoy
prettycoolyoyoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 prettycoolyoyoy
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
aim assist does 50% of the aiming for you. the key to win in halo is to know the maps and where best weapons are
ball_of_air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ball_of_air
Member since 2007 • 2105 Posts

Discuss.

xxcodmanxx

LOL

2uneek4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 2uneek4u
Member since 2006 • 2548 Posts

for me. i find halo 3 alot hard than cod 4.

my k/d for cod4 is 1.6 while halo is 0.9

so yeah mainly because halo takes longer to kill someone and they have a chance to surive and run away or kill you first.

im totally hopeless with jump shoot fps. like halo 3 and ut3.

Quaker-w00ts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Quaker-w00ts
Member since 2009 • 1646 Posts

Halo is quite difficult for non deathmatch games.... my Ranked k/d in halo is 1.3, not bad for leaving my xbox all the time in the middle of games :P

Wii_Gamer_277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Wii_Gamer_277
Member since 2009 • 1795 Posts
COD4 and skill shouldn't be in the same sentence :lol:
Deadly_Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Deadly_Fatalis
Member since 2006 • 1756 Posts
I reinstalled COD4 after a rather long hiatus. I never really played multiplayer, so I basically started from scratch. Having only what you start with at the beginning of the game, I came first. COD4 really isn't that challenging.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#84 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Go play against the high level Halo players and get back to me. I gonna need details on how they made you cry.

ujjval16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 ujjval16
Member since 2008 • 1669 Posts

2.25 k/d with 100k kills on cod4, 3.14 k/d with 55k kills on cod5... 1.75 k/d in Social with 30k in Halo 3..Cod is way easier. Ranked Halo is brutal. DeadMagazines
Yea it gets really competitive at 45+ I was a 46, but then I went down to 42 and now I'm locked. It takes me 20 wins to go up.

Maqda7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#86 Maqda7
Member since 2008 • 3299 Posts
Neither of them require any skill. The person with better aiming wins, always.
Nawshus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Nawshus
Member since 2009 • 89 Posts

You mean COD4 is much easier..got it thanks. DeadMagazines

lmfao nice one mate

Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#88 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
You're using realism against Halo 3, despite the fact it's a science-fiction game. You may as well knock points off for letting the players use the Elite model... :| Oh, and Call of Duty 4 is not realistic, in any way.
Mythomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Mythomniac
Member since 2009 • 1695 Posts
CoD 4 takes no skill, it's so easy to kill people it's not funny. In CoD 4 you can't throw a grenade at your feet to kill someone right behind you now can you...?
-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 -DrRobotnik-
Member since 2008 • 5463 Posts
Neither of them require any skill. The person with better aiming wins, always.Maqda7
Wow, that doesnt make any sense at all...
ujjval16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 ujjval16
Member since 2008 • 1669 Posts

[QUOTE="Maqda7"]Neither of them require any skill. The person with better aiming wins, always.-DrRobotnik-
Wow, that doesnt make any sense at all...

:lol:

Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Arjdagr8
Member since 2003 • 3865 Posts
Depends on the mode you play. Team deathmatch is pretty much run and gun. Search and destroy can be pretty tense though.
SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#93 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts

Rainbow 6 Vegas takes more skill then either of em so /shrug

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 SpideR_CentS

FPS suck in consoles, so arguing about it its silly and retarded since at the end of the day, both are equally boring. Have fun with your autoaim :D

neonvzla

Racing, Fighting, Sports and action games allare garbageon pc. See what I did there?

neonvzla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 neonvzla
Member since 2003 • 941 Posts

[QUOTE="neonvzla"]

FPS suck in consoles, so arguing about it its silly and retarded since at the end of the day, both are equally boring. Have fun with your autoaim :D

SpideR_CentS

Racing, Fighting, Sports and action games allare garbageon pc. See what I did there?

Fighting and Sports actually suck on PC unless you have a gamepad, but thats the joy of PC, you can actually use gamepads with it and off you go.

But can you turn off your autoaim on your console FPS and have a go against someone using a kb/m?.

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 SpideR_CentS

[QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"]

[QUOTE="neonvzla"]

neonvzla

Fighting and Sports actually suck on PC unless you have a gamepad, but thats the joy of PC, you can actually use gamepads with it and off you go.

But can you turn off your autoaim on your console FPS and have a go against someone using a kb/m?.

kb/m is for people with no skills

neonvzla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 neonvzla
Member since 2003 • 941 Posts

kb/m is for people with no skills

SpideR_CentS

Oh, Lol.

Now I remember why I decided to stay away of SW long ago. Things never change.

Innocentguy757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#99 Innocentguy757
Member since 2004 • 5410 Posts
Halo 3, when played competitively, i.e. clan matches, takes enormous amount of teamwork and skill. Play in the MLG playlist and you'll find that out fast.
dj_shosh910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 dj_shosh910
Member since 2004 • 258 Posts

[QUOTE="xxcodmanxx"]

Discuss.

psn8214

I've yet to see this on CoD4 now that you mention it...

Lol...exactly..which is why i don't understand all the fuss over headsets for PS3. It's only used for fighting, swearing and racism. The day i see people using it for actual teamwork, i'll accept it.