GameTrailers Annoyed Gamer Marcus: The 360 is holding back gaming

• 174 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

They either state the 360 uses more power or they use about the same amount of power.
And don't forget that Lems have to pay for Xbox Live AND their electrical bills. Plus PS3 owners save a ton of money if they subscribe to PS Plus. Like i said over $1200 of content.

About the exclusive games, whether you like them or not the PS3 exclusive list looks far more impressive. Also the PS3 is still pumping out new IP's while the 360 only goes with Halo, Gears and Forza. And no i don't like using batteries, plugging in a cable in one controller and use the other recharged controller works much better for me.

Davekeeh

The difference being that an Xbox user will get his updates in 5 seconds and you'll be waiting 20 minutes to hours for updates, patches and downloads, this is time that the system is sucking down juice but you are not using it for your entertainment.

Not to mention the cost of having your identity stolen on PSN, the cost of YOUR FREE TIME in waiting for things to happen, the inconvenience of having the network down for months at a time, etc.

PS+ seems like a bargain however you have to install games, and even a 320GB drive fills up fast and PSN is generally very primative and slow.

I'm not a big fan of Halo but personally I think Gears takes a flying dump all over Uncharted in terms of being actually fun to play.

For every PS3 exclusive, there's a 360 multiplat that does the same genre BETTER.

Infamous series -> Batman AA or Batman AC both of which are miles better

God of War series -> Dante's Inferno or Darksiders

Uncharted -> Tomb Raider

Killzone -> Any other FPS including Rage, Halo, CoD, etc etc all of which are better

Rattling off a list of exclusives might SOUND good for system wars, but in real terms the PS3 really has schit to offer, it's not even less expensive to own once you get down to brass tacks. The 360 is a better product in almost every way, cheaper, faster, etc.

The only downside is lack of bragging rights for exclusives, but if you think about it for a second, what came out this year or even last year that anybody cared about?

Almost everything good is multiplatform these days.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
so what does that say about the ps3? they haven't done anything innovative this gen, especially compared to the 360
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 ZombieKiller7

Am I the only one who thinks that there doesn't need to be new systems for a couple more years?Minishdriveby

I'm not hurting but some new hardware would be cool.

I mean it's been 8 years.

My PC is staring at me going "upgrade me" and my consoles have lost their shine.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 ZombieKiller7

so what does that say about the ps3? they haven't done anything innovative this gen, especially compared to the 360mems_1224

At least they're putting in effort.

Microsoft is loitering with its balls in their users mouth. Like "yeah keep massaging it. Here's another Halo. Keep sucking."

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#105 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks that there doesn't need to be new systems for a couple more years?Minishdriveby
I hope you are the only one...
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#106 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

The 360 is holding back Retro City Ransom and that's more than enough evidence to support this theory.

White_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 White_Dreams
Member since 2011 • 925 Posts
[QUOTE="navyguy21"]Im guessing none of the fanboys here actually watched the episode? He said MS was holding back gaming because they havent announced a new console yet, and they have no must have games that justifies it. Good lord people, watch the video and quit posting out of your behind. He said nothing of the console's capabilitiesdarkspineslayer
He kinda did. At some point in the video, he insinuates that in his opinion the 360 topped out 3 years ago, and the PS3 is just getting started. I'm inclined to agree, but for one fact...the 360 only topped out a short time ago, with Gears 3.

Pretty much, there's been nothing in the pipeline showing they're trying to advance for a while.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

[QUOTE="spiderluck"] i'm actually stuck in a tw@t paradox...are you speaking of ispeakfact or marcus the annoyed gamerispeakfact

waltefmoney, all his threads are annoying, he posts random drivel, he sucks at trolling, he thinks he's funny lol.

Inform. I don't toll. You are now informed of the 360 holding back gaming. I'm an informer. :cool:

You don't toll, you troll though.
4dr1el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 4dr1el
Member since 2012 • 2380 Posts

No, you're not. I'm fine with this gen. Plenty of great games out that I havent played yet and many more to come. But I guess the new gen could come out sooner so that its already cheaper when I feel I'm good with this gen

KingOfLems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 KingOfLems
Member since 2012 • 121 Posts

[QUOTE="Davekeeh"]

They either state the 360 uses more power or they use about the same amount of power.
And don't forget that Lems have to pay for Xbox Live AND their electrical bills. Plus PS3 owners save a ton of money if they subscribe to PS Plus. Like i said over $1200 of content.

About the exclusive games, whether you like them or not the PS3 exclusive list looks far more impressive. Also the PS3 is still pumping out new IP's while the 360 only goes with Halo, Gears and Forza. And no i don't like using batteries, plugging in a cable in one controller and use the other recharged controller works much better for me.

ZombieKiller7

The difference being that an Xbox user will get his updates in 5 seconds and you'll be waiting 20 minutes to hours for updates, patches and downloads, this is time that the system is sucking down juice but you are not using it for your entertainment.

Not to mention the cost of having your identity stolen on PSN, the cost of YOUR FREE TIME in waiting for things to happen, the inconvenience of having the network down for months at a time, etc.

PS+ seems like a bargain however you have to install games, and even a 320GB drive fills up fast and PSN is generally very primative and slow.

I'm not a big fan of Halo but personally I think Gears takes a flying dump all over Uncharted in terms of being actually fun to play.

For every PS3 exclusive, there's a 360 multiplat that does the same genre BETTER.

Infamous series -> Batman AA or Batman AC both of which are miles better

God of War series -> Dante's Inferno or Darksiders

Uncharted -> Tomb Raider

Killzone -> Any other FPS including Rage, Halo, CoD, etc etc all of which are better

Rattling off a list of exclusives might SOUND good for system wars, but in real terms the PS3 really has schit to offer, it's not even less expensive to own once you get down to brass tacks. The 360 is a better product in almost every way, cheaper, faster, etc.

The only downside is lack of bragging rights for exclusives, but if you think about it for a second, what came out this year or even last year that anybody cared about?

Almost everything good is multiplatform these days.

Wow, you're dumb. Is the rest of this thread as poorly done as your post? I hope not. Congrats.

sonic1564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 sonic1564
Member since 2008 • 3265 Posts

ispeakfact is jelly that 360 and 3DS has more games than PS3 and Vita.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 rjdofu

sonic1564
More crappy games :).
sonic1564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 sonic1564

[QUOTE="sonic1564"]

rjdofu

You're right, PS3 and Vita just have movies, not games.

ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 ispeakfact
Member since 2011 • 5317 Posts

sonic1564
Heh, lems startin' to get a little shook up. ;) PS3...more games, more exclusives, more higher scoring exclusives. Stay jelly, ma boy. :cool:
sonic1564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 sonic1564

[QUOTE="sonic1564"]

ispeakfact

Heh, lems startin' to get a little shook up. ;) PS3...more games, more exclusives, more higher scoring exclusives. Stay jelly, ma boy. :cool:

Did you know that you push buttons and move the analog d***s to play a game? PS3 can't do that for some reason. Oh right, PS3 has movies, not games.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts
[QUOTE="ispeakfact"]New series. Thoughts? http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/qv6s2i/annoyed-gamer-episode-1--seven-year-console-cycle----really-

Oh it's one of this guys threads again. Not interested. You don't get facts on the Internet. Now go make more fanboy love to your last place console. (fact)
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

good, i'm glad it is holding you back, you are dicks that deserve all the misery life can heap upon you.

ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 ispeakfact
Member since 2011 • 5317 Posts
[QUOTE="FoxbatAlpha"][QUOTE="ispeakfact"]New series. Thoughts? http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/qv6s2i/annoyed-gamer-episode-1--seven-year-console-cycle----really-

Oh it's one of this guys threads again. Not interested. You don't get facts on the Internet. Now go make more fanboy love to your last place console. (fact)

:cool:
KingOfLems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 KingOfLems
Member since 2012 • 121 Posts

good, i'm glad it is holding you back, you are dicks that deserve all the misery life can heap upon you.

Riverwolf007

Don't hold back bro, tell us how you really feel.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 rjdofu

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="sonic1564"]

sonic1564

You're right, PS3 and Vita just have movies, not games.

Ah, touché
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#121 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Riverwolf007

:lol:

Dude. You always bring the lols and without repeating the same lame joke EVERY post. I wish more people were like that. System Wars would then at least be a shadow of it's old self.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

PC falls under Microsoft, if MS decides to ruin PC gaming it very easily could (and I believe it will.) They'd be stupid not to take advantage of owning the platform and start milking the users.

ZombieKiller7

I doubt that. That's probably why MS decided to develop the Xbox in the first place because it can't do as it pleased gamingwise with Windows without attracting the attention of whistleblowers and the DoJ.

Having a closed OS isn't illegal.

If it's bad for Valve then tough schit.

I don't see a difference between Valve taking a %20 cut vs Microsoft taking a %20 cut, do you?

They'd be stupid not to. Like turning down free money.

Eventually they'll have "Live" Gold subscriptions on there as well, ads, streaming games, the works.

Just look at iOS and look at all the billions Apple is making on their App Store, iTunes, etc etc.

The OS isn't the problem. The problem is MS deliberately making 3rd-party apps malfunction or not funtion properly in order to give MS an unfair advantage.

You mention iTunes. Is MS taking a cut from the profit iTunes makes for Apple?

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

lol who?

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#124 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

I agree but I think the PS4 needs to come out just as much as the 720.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
So the 360 became dated three years ago, but the PS3 still has three years left? That makes too much sense.
Avatar image for 001011000101101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 337

#126 001011000101101
Member since 2008 • 4395 Posts
It has the first Mass Effect. End of discussion.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
That's the truth
StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 StatusShuffle
Member since 2012 • 1908 Posts

[QUOTE="Chaos_HL21"]

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

I am not on the guys argument side (outside of GOW3 not being possible on 360, that's completely true as far as the best the 360 has shown) but for your post here...

You do realize that Star Ocean Last hope is on the PS3 right? I should know, I own the game.

casharmy

That is the point adeveloper will say that Game X is only possible on System Y, so Game X can sell. Truth be told the systems are pretty even with graphical power (the PS3 may has a slight edge in some ares), there is no magic chip in the 360 or PS3 that makes them significantlymore powerful.

Who said anything about magic kid. PS3 overall has more powerful hardware than 360, it always had.

There is a reason why GeOW3 (xbox360's best looking exclusvie) had to op to go with ZERO AA when it was hyped by Epic to impament FXAA and rival the AA of GOW3 on PS3 during development... While tellimg me "there is no magic chip in...blah blah blah" you need to realize this for yourself...PS3 was always the more powerful console. "Magic" need not apply.

So explain why the Ps3 can;t run open games well? Whether FPS, Sandbox, Action adventure etc? What if i don't like playing run forawrd in a straight line everygame? There's infamous but almost very open world game runs and looks better than it. Prototype for example. Which the Ps3 has issues with framerate and blur.
jimmyrussle117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 jimmyrussle117
Member since 2012 • 850 Posts

I knew Consoles were holding back games ever since it launched. GTA4 was the biggest culprit. AdamPA1006

The 360 is pretty much equivilent to the PS3..

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

heretrix

:lol:

Dude. You always bring the lols and without repeating the same lame joke EVERY post. I wish more people were like that. System Wars would then at least be a shadow of it's old self.

what? you mean people are tired of 76% of all sw responses being this,

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJBL1XYp-CSayRGqlhnpp

or this?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1PyC7re56UleM1ygWsQr

golly, who would ever get tired of that and wish people could think up a proper response?

who i ask? who?

;)

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#131 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Listing Gran Turismo 5 as one of the best PlayStation 3 exclusives.Hmm....

4dr1el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 4dr1el
Member since 2012 • 2380 Posts

Michael0134567

And it is. The fact you dont like means sh1t. It has received critical acclaim and its the best selling PS3 exclusive till date

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#133 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

So the 360 became dated three years ago, but the PS3 still has three years left? That makes too much sense.meetroid8

He didn't mean power he meant with development. For core gamers the 360 offers close to nothing. He meant that there are still new experiences being developed for PS3 and then showed footage from The Last of Us to go along with that. Where his argument fails is when he DOES talk about power and how this gen's consoles lack in power. So overall, I agree with some of his points like how the 360 is just a casual box now, but his logic is flawed in other areas as well..

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Michael0134567

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

4dr1el

And it is. The fact you dont like means sh1t. It has received critical acclaim and its the best selling PS3 exclusive till date

Critical acclaim,huh?I thought we were talking about Gran Turismo 5,not Forza Motorsport 1-4.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

I doubt that. That's probably why MS decided to develop the Xbox in the first place because it can't do as it pleased gamingwise with Windows without attracting the attention of whistleblowers and the DoJ.

jun_aka_pekto

I don't see a difference between Valve taking a %20 cut vs Microsoft taking a %20 cut, do you?

Eventually they'll have "Live" Gold subscriptions on there as well, ads, streaming games, the works.

Just look at iOS and look at all the billions Apple is making on their App Store, iTunes, etc etc.

The OS isn't the problem. The problem is MS deliberately making 3rd-party apps malfunction or not funtion properly in order to give MS an unfair advantage.

Aren't there anti-trust laws,that restrict such bussiness strategies?

Didn't MS got sued a couple of times for stuff like that already?

Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts
Its not like Sony is helping either
Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts
Its not like Sony is helping either
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

Rocker6

Aren't there anti-trust laws,that restrict such bussiness strategies?

Didn't MS got sued a couple of times for stuff like that already?

I know something similar (different wording) was one of the reasons MS was brought to court. I can't remember what transpired through the trial(s) though. Too busy at the time.

onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 onewiththegame
Member since 2004 • 4415 Posts

[QUOTE="onewiththegame"]He made a lot of good points, but every gen has a weak system that's holding gaming back last gen it was PS2 this gen for HD consoles its 360GD1551

Well his point wasn't that the power of the system was holding it back (well sort of but not directly) he meant that MS refusal to announce another console because they want to milk kinect is the reason gaming is being held back.

How is that holding back gaming? That's just holding 360 back not all of gaming
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts
[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

[QUOTE="spiderluck"] i'm actually stuck in a tw@t paradox...are you speaking of ispeakfact or marcus the annoyed gamerispeakfact

waltefmoney, all his threads are annoying, he posts random drivel, he sucks at trolling, he thinks he's funny lol.

Inform. I don't toll. You are now informed of the 360 holding back gaming. I'm an informer. :cool:

He's not talking about you. Wow, you're vain.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Michael0134567
[QUOTE="ispeakfact"][QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

clone01

Somebody can't read.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="ispeakfact"] Inform. I don't toll. You are now informed of the 360 holding back gaming. I'm an informer. :cool:

Somebody can't read.

Who, you?
Avatar image for The_Gaming_Baby
The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 52

#144 The_Gaming_Baby
Member since 2010 • 6425 Posts

I agree with Marcus. Microsoft only care about their profit margin. They could be ruining everything their fans love but if they make a profit they wouldn't care

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Michael0134567
[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="clone01"] He's not talking about you. Wow, you're vain.

Somebody can't read.

Who, you?

I was talking about ispeakfact.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#146 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

I agree with Marcus. Microsoft only care about their profit margin. They could be ruining everything their fans love but if they make a profit they wouldn't care

The_Gaming_Baby

That's pretty much every company in existence. Past, present or future.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#147 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

The same could be said about the PS3 as well since it too has had a longer than average lifecycle.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#148 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9737 Posts

The 360 really is most likely holding back gaming.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#149 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

Same for PS3. Its a known fact each console gen should last 4 or 5 years at most.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

So why can't Sony make a new console? It did not stop Nintendo. Just further proof the Sony fanboys are a worthless brainwashed bunch. It is like that Fez thread with MS charging for patches where all the Sony fanboys were going ya Microsoft is bad when Sony does the same. If Microsoft is bad for not making a new console then so is Sony.