GameTrailers Annoyed Gamer Marcus: The 360 is holding back gaming

• 174 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#151 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Same for PS3. Its a known fact each console gen should last 4 or 5 years at most.

PAL360
So true!
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#153 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]

If Microsoft is bad for not making a new console then so is Sony.

PAL360

Indeed, both consoles are outdated. Probably PS3 a bit more, due to its hardware design.

Sony at least puts out new IPs/exclusives though. MS is in full milk mode with the Kinect gimmick and nothing but Halo/Gears/Forza.
ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#154 ispeakfact
Member since 2011 • 5317 Posts
[QUOTE="ispeakfact"][QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

waltefmoney, all his threads are annoying, he posts random drivel, he sucks at trolling, he thinks he's funny lol.

clone01
Inform. I don't toll. You are now informed of the 360 holding back gaming. I'm an informer. :cool:

He's not talking about you. Wow, you're vain.

Jelly? :cool:
ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 ispeakfact

So why can't Sony make a new console? It did not stop Nintendo. Just further proof the Sony fanboys are a worthless brainwashed bunch. It is like that Fez thread with MS charging for patches where all the Sony fanboys were going ya Microsoft is bad when Sony does the same. If Microsoft is bad for not making a new console then so is Sony.

CanYouDiglt
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#156 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]

So why can't Sony make a new console? It did not stop Nintendo. Just further proof the Sony fanboys are a worthless brainwashed bunch. It is like that Fez thread with MS charging for patches where all the Sony fanboys were going ya Microsoft is bad when Sony does the same. If Microsoft is bad for not making a new console then so is Sony.

ispeakfact

It's been well documented CanYouDigSh!t has never played a video game in his life.
ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 ispeakfact

[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="ispeakfact"] Inform. I don't toll. You are now informed of the 360 holding back gaming. I'm an informer. :cool:Michael0134567

Somebody can't read.

Somebody jelly. :cool:

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#158 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="clone01"] He's not talking about you. Wow, you're vain.ispeakfact

Somebody can't read.

Somebody jelly. :cool:

I like being intelligent,thanks.
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]

ispeakfact

Jelly pic

Jelly? Eh you may be jelly of the 360's success. You are at least desperate to defend Sony. This thread you say MS is doing something wrong in order to make them look bad and ignore the fact that Sony is doing the same thing. You also made another thread 2 days ago trying to make it look like MS was having money issues when infact you lied and they were announcing the opening of a new studio that same day. You make new threads for Sony sales, anytime a new thing pops up on PSN, and so on.

I at least hope you are being paid by Sony for the way you act because if not then that means you really are as pathetic as it seems. Here comes your normal 10 year old girl response you always use how I am somehow jelly or another pic of jelly like the one in the post I quoted.

ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 ispeakfact

[QUOTE="ispeakfact"][QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]

CanYouDiglt

Jelly pic

Jelly? Eh you may be jelly of the 360's success. You are at least desperate to defend Sony. This thread you say MS is doing something wrong in order to make them look bad and ignore the fact that Sony is doing the same thing. You also made another thread 2 days ago trying to make it look like MS was having money issues when infact you lied and they were announcing the opening of a new studio that same day. You make new threads for Sony sales, anytime a new thing pops up on PSN, and so on.

I at least hope you are being paid by Sony for the way you act because if not then that means you really are as pathetic as it seems. Here comes your normal 10 year old girl response you always use how I am somehow jelly or another pic of jelly like the one in the post I quoted.

I never said anything of the sort. I simply posted a link and asked for thoughts. Jelly? :cool:
FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

And it is. The fact you dont like means sh1t. It has received critical acclaim and its the best selling PS3 exclusive till date

4dr1el

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Listing Gran Turismo 5 as one of the best PlayStation 3 exclusives.Hmm....

4dr1el

And it is. The fact you dont like means sh1t. It has received critical acclaim and its the best selling PS3 exclusive till date

Why is this making me laugh so much? "Critical acclaim" now that there is funny! not sure if this helps, just my 2 cents.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

Nice to see more respectable industry insiders coming out and just telling it like it is.

The 360 is an enormous failure.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

While he makes good points, I feel his ranting will fall on deaf ears due to his being British. After all, who really takes them seriously?

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="onewiththegame"]He made a lot of good points, but every gen has a weak system that's holding gaming back last gen it was PS2 this gen for HD consoles its 360onewiththegame

Well his point wasn't that the power of the system was holding it back (well sort of but not directly) he meant that MS refusal to announce another console because they want to milk kinect is the reason gaming is being held back.

How is that holding back gaming? That's just holding 360 back not all of gaming

Apparently the basis of his argument is that the 360 is the most outdated HD console and it's time for a new one, but MS is refusing to announce one to milk kinect sales.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Pug-Nasty

[QUOTE="onewiththegame"][QUOTE="GD1551"]

Well his point wasn't that the power of the system was holding it back (well sort of but not directly) he meant that MS refusal to announce another console because they want to milk kinect is the reason gaming is being held back.

GD1551

How is that holding back gaming? That's just holding 360 back not all of gaming

Apparently the basis of his argument is that the 360 is the most outdated HD console and it's time for a new one, but MS is refusing to announce one to milk kinect sales.

No consoles' power is holding back gaming. If anything, this idea that we need more power for better games is holding back gaming. MS and Sony want this gen to last as long as possible. They may have different reasoning, but they both do.

MS isn't the console go-to company. Their lack of a next-gen announcment doesn't stop Sony from making one, and it obviously didn't stop Nintendo from making one. No singe company is to blame for the sad state of gaming. All of them, and all of us, are to blame.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

No consoles' power is holding back gaming. If anything, this idea that we need more power for better games is holding back gaming. MS and Sony want this gen to last as long as possible. They may have different reasoning, but they both do.

MS isn't the console go-to company. Their lack of a next-gen announcment doesn't stop Sony from making one, and it obviously didn't stop Nintendo from making one. No singe company is to blame for the sad state of gaming. All of them, and all of us, are to blame.

Pug-Nasty

Well, in his opinion the PS4 doesn't need to come out yet (I disagree) and nintendo already announced their next gen console. He's probably hoping MS forces sony to do the same because really speaking, nintendo's next gen console doesn't seem to next gen in terms of hardware. It maybe next gen in a literal sense but I'm solely talking about how modern the hardware is.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44260 Posts

Oh indeed and I think he also believes the powahhouse known as teh Wii U will come to the rescue soon :shock:

Amright ? :P

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#169 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]

If Microsoft is bad for not making a new console then so is Sony.

BPoole96

Indeed, both consoles are outdated. Probably PS3 a bit more, due to its hardware design.

Sony at least puts out new IPs/exclusives though. MS is in full milk mode with the Kinect gimmick and nothing but Halo/Gears/Forza.

You seem mad....and completly off topic :|

What does the fact Sony have more first party devs has to do with both consoles being outdated and holding back gaming?

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"] Somebody can't read.

Who, you?

I was talking about ispeakfact.

Ahhhhh, okay!
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts
[QUOTE="ispeakfact"][QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="ispeakfact"] Inform. I don't toll. You are now informed of the 360 holding back gaming. I'm an informer. :cool:

Jelly? :cool:

Need a new schtick, dude.
Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Pug-Nasty

[QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

GD1551

Well, in his opinion the PS4 doesn't need to come out yet (I disagree) and nintendo already announced their next gen console. He's probably hoping MS forces sony to do the same because really speaking, nintendo's next gen console doesn't seem to next gen in terms of hardware. It maybe next gen in a literal sense but I'm solely talking about how modern the hardware is.

I think his opinion that PS4 isn't necessary is based solely around the fact that Sony continues to make games for it. I think his assumption is that MS making a new console will revitalize their support policies. That may be true, but it will be a short lived revitalization anyway. MS has shown that game production isn't their focus, and maybe it shouldn't be.

My point is that any game compnay could make fantastic and interesting games with the current consoles' hardware, but they focus on graphics instead of gameplay. That focus means that next gen we will have similar issues, since the one area of game design that will always be constrained by hardware is the graphics.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="PAL360"]

PAL360

You seem mad....and completly off topic :|

What does the fact Sony have more first party devs has to do with both consoles being outdated and holding back gaming?

No what I said is directly related to the video. He is saying that MS has abandoned the hardcore and only focuses on the Kinect gimmick and rehashing Halo/Gears/Forza. Meanwhile, PS3 has been offering plenty of new exclusives and new IPs for their core audience. We have The Last of Us (New IP), PS All Stars (New IP), Beyond: Two Souls (New IP), Sly 4 (Core exclusive), God of War Ascension (Core exclusive), LBP Karting (Core exclusive), and if it ever releases, The Last Guardian (New IP).

Those games can easily carry Sony's exclusive lineup over the next year or two. MS only has yet another Gears of War game (the fourth one this gen on 360), another Halo (The SIXTH Halo game this gen for 360), Forza (the fourth one this gen), and then a bunch of Kinect bullsh!t that I wouldn't piss on if it were on fire.

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#174 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

Marcus speaks the truth. I can see all the 360 fanboys feeling butthurt because let's be honest the 360 lacks exclusives and the only good game coming out this year is Halo 4 while everything else is Kinect garbage.