four hours of Button Awesome Dragon age 2

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

malikmmm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 malikmmm
Member since 2003 • 2235 Posts

Dragon age 2 bashing leads to a new levels :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV97ozaD4vs

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

They should have called it Dragon Age 2 : Getting jumped endlessly in back-alleys.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts

Contribooting.

Avatar image for rpgs_shall_rule
rpgs_shall_rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 rpgs_shall_rule
Member since 2006 • 1943 Posts
"When you press a button, something awesome has to happen! Button - AWESOME!!!!" That would have been more annoying than "You must gather your party before venturing forth" if I wasn't laughing so hard.
Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

Haha! Someone needs to be pretty pissed to bother to do that. Dragon Age 2 must really suck!

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
What does this button do?
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GeneralShowzer

:P

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17427 Posts
OMG, i cant stop listening :(
SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SkyWard20
Member since 2009 • 4509 Posts

It gets me for some reason.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ec2b2cb7a41e
deactivated-5ec2b2cb7a41e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5ec2b2cb7a41e
Member since 2008 • 2058 Posts

Is dragon age 2 really that bad and unnacceptable? i was thinking of buying it next...

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

GeneralShowzer

I like DA2, but this actually gave me some lulz :lol:

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17427 Posts

Is dragon age 2 really that bad and unnacceptable? i was thinking of buying it next...

ioannisdenton
Its fun to play, with a great story, but it is repetitive and dumbed down from the first.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"]

AdobeArtist

I like DA2, but this actually gave me some lulz :lol:

The best topic on the official forums. Enjoy!

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/141/index/6594400/3

abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts

It gets me for some reason.

SkyWard20

Wow :lol: this is one of the most amazing gifs I've ever seen.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Looking past its flaws I was able to put 120 hours of it so far.. Will probably play it again in the future when more mods are out for it.
nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
So, I watched all 4 hours of the video hoping for something else to happen. But it didn't.
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MrSelf-Destruct

ioannisdenton
It's not a bad game at all. Its a great game, actually. It only gets so much hate because of some repetition and the fact that it completely disregarded the standards set by its predecessor. If you're a fan of the first game you may find a lot about this game you absolutely loath at first. If you didn't like the first game you may actually enjoy this one quite a bit - which I'm sure is what Bioware was going for. If you're really into deep RPGs and deep stories, however, you may find a lot of fault with it. I thought the main story was pretty awful.
Kan0nF0dder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kan0nF0dder
Member since 2009 • 1962 Posts

Wow, you know it's bad when people are genuinely saying Final Fantasy 13 was the better game and RPG.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

Dragon Age 2 pisses people off not because it's truly a horrible game. But because it could have been a great game.

The story tellign is there. The character development is there.

But the plot loses focus. The RPG elements are stripped or dumbed down. The areas are sparse and repetitive. There is literally 1 cave in the whole game that kepts repeated ad-naseum. One coastal area. One or two mansion floor plans. The areas of Kirkwall itself never change.

This game should have been released March 2012. With more aras to Kirkwall that change as the story progress, and are revealed based on plot elements. With more areas to represent the environments around the city. This includes more caves/crypts/dungeons, etc.

The plot should have been a bit more in focus. It's nto a bad idea to suddenly reveal the "true" villain in the end, but there needs to be some clear goals and villains to ground the story.

The game could have been great. But it fell WAY short due to simply inexcusable stuff, stuff that a company like Bioware should have known was not going to meet with their previous standards.

EA and Bioware have to realize that you CAN'T create an epic RPG experience in 1 year. That's the stuff ou can pull off with a corridor shooter, NOT an RPG.

The unfortunate truth is probaly ahrd ot swallow for a company like Bioware and for EA stock holders/chief staff.

They probably think: Well a corridor FPS will be cheaper and easier to develop AND it will net us MORE money. So why the hell should we create a costly, complex, RPG that will take 2-3 years to develop and people won't pay more money for?

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AdobeArtist  Moderator

Wow, you know it's bad when people are genuinely saying Final Fantasy 13 was the better game and RPG.

Kan0nF0dder

Who actually says this? :?:?

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

[QUOTE="Kan0nF0dder"]

AdobeArtist

FF13 sadly is the better RPG. :(
Kan0nF0dder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kan0nF0dder

The unfortunate truth is probaly ahrd ot swallow for a company like Bioware and for EA stock holders/chief staff.

They probably think: Well a corridor FPS will be cheaper and easier to develop AND it will net us MORE money. So why the hell should we create a costly, complex, RPG that will take 2-3 years to develop and people won't pay more money for?

Kinthalis

If that's anywhere close to the truth (and it might be) Bioware isn't going to be a very popular company for long and EA will have wasted their money.

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MrSelf-Destruct

Kan0nF0dder

Haha. It's only a few buttons shy of the truth for DA2. So glad I played it on the PC. I couldn't stand hammering the (A) button throughout the demo.

Kan0nF0dder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Kan0nF0dder
[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="Kan0nF0dder"]

Locutus_Picard

Well, as if that post wasn't proof enough, the opinion is popular on Bio's own forums. Thinking about it, I think I even enjoyed it more as straight game.
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MrSelf-Destruct

[QUOTE="Kinthalis"]The unfortunate truth is probaly ahrd ot swallow for a company like Bioware and for EA stock holders/chief staff.

Kan0nF0dder

If that's anywhere close to the truth (and it might be) Bioware isn't going to be a very popular company for long and EA will have wasted their money.

Don't worry. If anything I've heard about Mass Effect 3 turns out to be true Bioware will earn back some of that respect they lost. The problem with making trilogies is creators are too focused on the beginning and the end game. They tend to rush through the middle. Even Mass Effect 2 was kind of a rush through the grand scheme of things in terms of story. ME3 sounds incredibly promising. Hopefully DA3 will get the attention it deserves this time and they will turn out a finale that blows our minds.
Kan0nF0dder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Kan0nF0dder

[QUOTE="Kan0nF0dder"]

MrSelf-Destruct

Haha. It's only a few buttons shy of the truth for DA2. So glad I played it on the PC. I couldn't stand hammering the (A) button throughout the demo.

But every time you hammered 'A' didn't something awesome happen?

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AdobeArtist  Moderator

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="Kan0nF0dder"]

Locutus_Picard

You mean the game that every reviewer says takes 15-20 hours before getting off the linear path and into the open world where the "good stuff" happens? The game without actual role playing, as like with most JRPG are simply controlling a pre-defined character?

While I can concede some of the shortcomings in DA2 (recycled levels, respawning enemies, inventory that is too heavily restricted), I'm simply not buying FF13 of all the games out there as an example of the "better RPG or game".

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GeneralShowzer

There are so many of these...

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Locutus_Picard

BioWare earning respect back? Among who, the elite BioWare fanboys? :lol:
It sure isn't going to help the ones that bought Dragon Age II. They pulled a Square Enix on us...earning respect to the point you don't even need to read reviews before purchasing your game...make your latest installment heavily commercialized and tacked-on drama full of cliché and nothing like your formers games...abandon the game and count your money from those early adopters. With FF it was worse since we waited for over 6 years for it...
But pretty much nothing can touch DAII as dissapointment of the year. BUTTON AWESOME CONNECTED

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Locutus_Picard

[QUOTE="Locutus_Picard"][QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

AdobeArtist

You mean the game that every reviewer says takes 15-20 hours before getting off the linear path and into the open world where the "good stuff" happens? The game without actual role playing, as like with most JRPG are simply controlling a pre-defined character?

While I can concede some of the shortcomings in DA2 (recycled levels, respawning enemies, inventory that is too heavily restricted), I'm simply not buying FF13 of all the games out there as an example of the "better RPG or game".

You have at least 5 slots to equip per character and you have 3 stats. FF13 is the better game since it looks prettier, crisper and has some decent music in it. The story is probably equally as bad in both games and I think that DAII wins in side-quests and optional stuff. Though you don't see much recycled environments in FF13 since it's godaweful linear. As shallow as the game looks, SE has at least put some finesse and detail into the game.
DAII is more like a bad expansion to Origins.

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MrSelf-Destruct

AdobeArtist

I'd say they were about the same in terms of story telling - plot without focus in a story that depends too heavily on its characters and the state of the world around them. Combat was just as repetitive. Most areas were just as linear. The only real step up in DA2 is the dialog options, the customization (still sucked tho), and the fact that there were towns and stores (even though you couldn't really talk to many people and even when you did it added nothing to the story). I think I like them about the same. FFXIII actually had a good ending, though.
Shiroibwoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Shiroibwoy
Member since 2005 • 199 Posts
Bottom line is the top heads who took the decisions for Dragon Age II doesn't care about BioWare's previous history and reputation as a great RPG developer. Dragon Age II is nothing but a cheap cash in with no soul what so ever.
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MrSelf-Destruct

BioWare earning respect back? Among who, the elite BioWare fanboys? :lol:
It sure isn't going to help the ones that bought Dragon Age II. They pulled a Square Enix on us...earning respect to the point you don't even need to read reviews before purchasing your game...make your latest installment heavily commercialized and tacked-on drama full of cliché and nothing like your formers games...abandon the game and count your money from those early adopters. With FF it was worse since we waited for over 6 years for it...
But pretty much nothing can touch DAII as dissapointment of the year. BUTTON AWESOME CONNECTED

Locutus_Picard
I said "SOME" respect. I'm well aware that they've lost some of their customers forever. :P Personally, I'll go on enjoying their games if they're enjoyable, but I'll never forget what an utter mess and let down DA2 was.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AdobeArtist  Moderator

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="Locutus_Picard"] FF13 sadly is the better RPG. :(Locutus_Picard

You have at least 5 slots to equip per character and you have 3 stats. FF13 is the better game since it looks prettier, crisper and has some decent music in it. The story is probably equally as bad in both games and I think that DAII wins in side-quests and optional stuff. Though you don't see much recycled environments in FF13 since it's godaweful linear. As shallow as the game looks, SE has at least put some finesse and detail into the game.

Just 3 stats? Sooooo, you never actually played DA2. Because the game I played had attribute stats for Strength, Dexterity, Magic, Willpower, Cunning, and Constitution. How you distribute the points into the attributes affects ratings in damage dealing & proficiency with different weapon types (swords, daggers, bows, magic staves), percentage to hit, defensive ratings, health pool, resistances (physical, mental, and elemenatal) and how much stamina/mana is available to make use of skills, and so on. The attributes also effect proficiency with the skills and abilities you choose to purchase in your various cIass skill trees.

I cannot speak of what kind of character building setup FF13 has, in terms of stats, cIass abilities, and how the two connect. But yeah, it does win in the graphics category. So are you going to argue that graphics always determines the better overall game?

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Locutus_Picard

[QUOTE="Locutus_Picard"]

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

AdobeArtist

Just 3 stats? Sooooo, you never actually played DA2. Because the game I played had attribute stats for Strength, Dexterity, Magic, Willpower, Cunning, and Constitution. How you distribute the points into the attributes affects ratings in damage dealing & proficiency with different weapon types (swords, daggers, bows, magic staves), percentage to hit, defensive ratings, health pool, resistances (physical, mental, and elemenatal) and how much stamina/mana is available to make use of skills, and so on. The attributes also effect proficiency with the skills and abilities you choose to purchase in your various cIass skill trees.

I cannot speak of what kind of character building setup FF13 has, in terms of stats, cIass abilities, and how the two connect. But yeah, it does win in the graphics category. So are you going to argue that graphics always determines the better overall game?

I was talking about FF13...not DAII

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MrSelf-Destruct

[QUOTE="Locutus_Picard"]

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

AdobeArtist

You implied that FF13 had no actual role-playing. He was just correcting you by saying it had 5 equipment slots and 3 stats, not that it was better than DA2's role-playing. How does that make it that he didn't play DA2?

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

dragon age 2 is a solid 9 in my book. yeah it gets repetive at times with the same areas but the characters and the story make up for it with me, sucks you guys didn't like it but i did so meh.

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MrSelf-Destruct

dragon age 2 is a solid 9 in my book. yeah it gets repetive at times with the same areas but the characters and the story make up for it with me, sucks you guys didn't like it but i did so meh.

Chris_Williams
I thought it was great, too, despite the terrible main plot. I give it an 8. Were it not for the first game being what it was I would have given it an 8.5.
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#39 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

meanwhile in the official bioware forum this happens

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Locutus_Picard

Not funny. Pretty bad attempts.

Avatar image for Poncho_Hachacha
Poncho_Hachacha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Poncho_Hachacha
Member since 2011 • 675 Posts

I think you guys are missing the whole point here. "Button, awsome." That's what this game is delivering. More buttons, and more awsome. How can you go wrong with that?

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

AdobeArtist

DA2 felt a lot like a jrpg to me. The main feature of a wrpg which is the ability to shape the story was lacking on DA2. The streamlined inventory reminded me of an jrpg. The flashy over the top animations and artstyle didn't help either.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 AdobeArtist  Moderator

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="Locutus_Picard"] You have at least 5 slots to equip per character and you have 3 stats. FF13 is the better game since it looks prettier, crisper and has some decent music in it. The story is probably equally as bad in both games and I think that DAII wins in side-quests and optional stuff. Though you don't see much recycled environments in FF13 since it's godaweful linear. As shallow as the game looks, SE has at least put some finesse and detail into the game.

MrSelf-Destruct

You implied that FF13 had no actual role-playing. He was just correcting you by saying it had 5 equipment slots and 3 stats, not that it was better than DA2's role-playing. How does that make it that he didn't play DA2?

I see I misunderstood to which game the comment was directed. Now lots of games let you level up your character, like the Wolverine movie game and Force Unleashed, yet they are not RPGs. When I talked about "actual role playing", I meant just that; being able to make choices in which you define your character, in attitude and personality. Through your interactions with the world around you the character becomes an extension of yourself. This is actual role playing. There's a difference between role playing as your character, and merely being in control of a pre-defined character, usually just in combat and getting them from point A to B in the levels.

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MrSelf-Destruct

[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"]

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

AdobeArtist

I see I misunderstood to which game the comment was directed. Now lots of games let you level up your character, like the Wolverine movie game and Force Unleashed, yet they are not RPGs. When I talked about "actual role playing", I meant just that; being able to make choices in which you define your character, in attitude and personality. Through your interactions with the world around you the character becomes an extension of yourself. This is actual role playing. There's a difference between role playing as your character, and merely being in control of a pre-defined character, usually just in combat and getting them from point A to B in the levels.

Yeah, I agree with you completely. Still, DA2 wasn't very good at that. Your character was Hawke. Nothing you did changed that. You had three choices of what he could say with complete knowledge of their outcome. It was very shallow role-playing. I like the role-playing in games like DA:O where you're character is completely up to you to create and the dialog options are plentiful and often times morally ambiguous. You really become the character that way. It doesn't mean the character has to be voiceless, though. They could have a generic male voice and female voice to act out all the dialog options. I'd much rather have that than a character who is pretty much chosen for me and gives me little option to stray from the point of origin.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 AdobeArtist  Moderator

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"] You implied that FF13 had no actual role-playing. He was just correcting you by saying it had 5 equipment slots and 3 stats, not that it was better than DA2's role-playing. How does that make it that he didn't play DA2?

MrSelf-Destruct

Yeah, I agree with you completely. Still, DA2 wasn't very good at that. Your character was Hawke. Nothing you did changed that. You had three choices of what he could say with complete knowledge of their outcome. It was very shallow role-playing. I like the role-playing in games like DA:O where you're character is completely up to you to create and the dialog options are plentiful and often times morally ambiguous. You really become the character that way. It doesn't mean the character has to be voiceless, though. They could have a generic male voice and female voice to act out all the dialog options. I'd much rather have that than a character who is pretty much chosen for me and gives me little option to stray from the point of origin.

In FF games the names of the character's are already determined, yet people still uphold that as an RPG. OK, lets look at a WRPG, The Witcher. Character is set to the name Geralt, and nothing you do can change that. Yet no one disputes this to be an RPG either. Am I sensing double standards here?

However in the cases of Witcher, DA2, and Mass Effect, while the name has been predetermined, that is just a starting point template. Once the game actually begins, how the character grows and develops in relation to his/her party and the setting is up to you as the player.

Can the same be said of FF13 (or any other FF game) which has been proposed to be the "better RPG than DA2"? When the interactions occur in the FF games, they are pulled from the players hands who can only passively observe how the scenario unfolds. It's entirely scripted, so the main character's traits and attitudes towards the given situation are already determined not by the player, but by the developer. How is that role playing?

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MrSelf-Destruct

[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"][QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

AdobeArtist

In FF games the names of the character's are already determined, yet people still uphold that as an RPG. OK, lets look at a WRPG, The Witcher. Character is set to the name Geralt, and nothing you do can change that. Yet no one disputes this to be an RPG either. Am I sensing double standards here?

However in the cases of Witcher, DA2, and Mass Effect, while the name has been predetermined, that is just a starting point template. Once the game actually begins, how the character grows and develops in relation to his/her party and the setting is up to you as the player.

Can the same be said of FF13 (or any other FF game) which has been proposed to be the "better RPG than DA2"? When the interactions occur in the FF games, they are pulled from the players hands who can only passively observe how the scenario unfolds. It's entirely scripted, so the main character's traits and attitudes towards the given situation are already determined not by the player, but by the developer. How is that role playing?

I think you missed the part where I said "I agree with you completely" in that last post. :P I was only explaining why, despite the fact that it IS a role-playing game, I thought it was a fairly weak one. As far as getting into character, I would say the same for every game you mentioned. JRPGs are a different kind of role playing than what WRPGs do. That's a given. But all of them put you into a role that you have little control over. In the end, I feel like you are doing much more to shape the story than you are actually shaping the character. It's not the degree of role-playing I prefer. That's all I was getting at.
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

The game is worse than the original but has a better story and the combat (at least on PC) makes rogues a little more practical. Overall I'd give it an 8.. the story is fun and some of the choices are truly meaningful (from what I've seen so far at least.. if I ever get around to a second play through I'll do the opposite of what I did the first time and see how it works out).

However bioware seriously needs to stop copy pasting dungeons and even the encounters (while only changing which enemy appears), it's lazy and they did it in ME1, DA1 and DA2... please bioware.. stop doing this non-sense.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Relevant picture is relevant.

Whatuptho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Whatuptho
Member since 2008 • 392 Posts

and whats so wrong about Awesome

:lol: :lol: :lol:

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#50 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

I actually like Dragon Age 2. I don't really get the immense hate it receives here. It has its problems, but it improves over Origins in a lot of areas.