four hours of Button Awesome Dragon age 2

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

malikmmm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 malikmmm
Member since 2003 • 2235 Posts

I actually like Dragon Age 2. I don't really get the immense hate it receives here. It has its problems, but it improves over Origins in a lot of areas.

IndianaPwns39
alot by reusing the maps over and over and over and over again ? alot by giving the removing personality from every single character ? alot by using the enemies that fly out of nowhere or alot by using the awesome button ;p there are alot of problems with dragon age 2 but i dont want to mention those here right now since i have an biochem exam tomarrow so...
romans828_2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 romans828_2002
Member since 2003 • 1108 Posts
I really hate bashing a game, but I tend to agree with the consensus. I've bought Bioware games based only on their reputation, having no prior interest, and loved them. This game, however, is a huge step back from one of my favorite games of all time. I may not even finish it. I just have no interest.
IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#53 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

[QUOTE="IndianaPwns39"]

I actually like Dragon Age 2. I don't really get the immense hate it receives here. It has its problems, but it improves over Origins in a lot of areas.

malikmmm

alot by reusing the maps over and over and over and over again ? alot by giving the removing personality from every single character ? alot by using the enemies that fly out of nowhere or alot by using the awesome button ;p there are alot of problems with dragon age 2 but i dont want to mention those here right now since i have an biochem exam tomarrow so...

The recycling of areas is about the only huge problem I have with the game. I agree with that completely.

Removing personality? I disagree with that. I find the characters in Dragon Age 2 much better. They develop better, have more interesting quests, and aren't insanely cliched as the ones in Origins. In Origins I liked Morrigan and Leliana, and to a lesser extent Sten. In DA2 I find myself using all the characters and enjoying their problems and integration into the core story.

Enemies that fly out of nowhere doesn't particularly bother me. If its really a huge problem to you, fantastic. I don't really see how its a major complaint though.

The awesome button joke was funny the first 100 times. It isn't so much anymore.

Dragon Age 2 has its problems, like I said. But it improves on Origins in graphics, art design, characters, and combat. All while expanding the lore established in Origins. That's just my opinion, of course.

ghostofzabis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#54 ghostofzabis
Member since 2005 • 2601 Posts

Enemies out of nowhere.... It is another wave like fighting Melissian in Throne of Bhaal!!!

Whoever you side with, you fight against the same guy anyway. Just like BG2 whether you side with thief guild or Bodhi, you kill Bodhi regardless of whatever you chose!!!!

Spiritual successor of BG2 granted!!!!

Poodlejumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#55 Poodlejumper
Member since 2005 • 295 Posts

Yanno, I'm considered a pretty easy going person.

but never ever ever ever compare the corporate pablum craptastic barf-fest of might morphin power ranger garbola-press-X-to-win that is Dragon Age 2 to Baldur's Gate 1 or 2.

Never.

Never.

Never.

So glad some of you can lower your standards enough to have liked it. I suppose somebody had to.

I've played it. It was beyond pathetic. It felt like (and I have no other video game I can say I feel this way on) someone kicked me in the stomach and told me I was eating Ben and Jerry's. It was an insult to RPGs and an insult to gamers.

The over the top action seemed to go well with many people but there's the "Awesome button" right there. All the actions involved just meant pressing X over and over and watching your character go spazoid on whatever with over the top action moves. But let's focus on the Awesome button and that EA marketing weasel who said it (oh he shows up whenever EA/BioWare release something.)

Here's the thing about the "awesome button": when all you need to do for "awesome" is press one button then the "awesome" becomes mundane. "Awesome" is a move to work for. "Awesome" is a reward from skilled play usage. "Awesome" is a combination of strategy, skill, talent, and creativity. "Awesome" is a YouTube post that few can work obtain.

Enough rage. DA2 is the only game that does it to me.

I truly wish that game did not exist. I let me know that my favorite developer no longer existed.

It's been a year since that last post made the comparisson. I'd be curious to see if that opinion lasted the test of time. Mine has.

mario-galaxys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 mario-galaxys
Member since 2011 • 574 Posts

[Snip long post]Poodlejumper
Why did you bump a thread from last year?

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

[QUOTE="Poodlejumper"][Snip long post]mario-galaxys

Why did you bump a thread from last year?

Seriously. Level 19 and you don't know better poodlejumper? :|