Forza Horizon over 200 cars Vs Drive Club 50 cars

• 146 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

The upcoming car games and the battle of cars

Drive Club 50 cars, 55 tracks, five locations, and 50 tour events

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/driveclub-s-total-number-of-cars-revealed-plus-members-get-10-discount/1100-6419494/

Vs

Forza Horiza over 200 cars and open World

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/06/10/more-than-200-cars-available-at-forza-horizon-2-launch/

Acez626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Acez626
Member since 2006 • 690 Posts

Even though I grew up to GT

Only a fanboy would claim that Forza currently isnt the best racing franchise.

Not saying that there is no chance for DC to be better then horizon,(because thats what fanboys do) but CHANCES are horizon is simply going to be the better game

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50595 Posts

Ok. Cool!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Sounds good to me. I never unlock all cars and I doubt all unlock all 50 in DC. I'm buying the DC full game and skipping Horizon 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

This would only matter if it were the other way around. Since its Sony with the lower number its quality over quantity or something like that.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

Yea and how many are going to be micro transactions.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Car racing games should be about cars. So the more cars the better. DriveClub should be ashamed of themselves, only 50 cars is abysmal for a car racing game. Even PS2 racing games had more, the PS4 is going backwards with this one.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

As I transverse through the massive Open World of FH2, though the Drive Club / Damage controlling ally-simulating tears. My heart sings out in pain, with a faint pitter patter across the tear drenched cobblestone. The sadness is almost engulfing.....

Batt1eRatt1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Batt1eRatt1e
Member since 2014 • 131 Posts

Drive Club has an embarrassing amount of cars. It's pathetic and no wonder it's been delayed so much. A game about cars core component should be cars number 1 and DC has failed.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

Open world racing games.... no thanks. I was not a fan of the 1st Horizon, so I have no interest in this new one at all. And what I have seen has not impressed me at all, it looks like more of the same when compared to the 1st one. But now the world is just a little more open, 200 cars for an arcade racer is pretty cool though. Drive Club actually looks like a Nextgen(currentgen) game to me, compared to other racers that have come out for the consoles so far. And the whole club aspect of the game has me really interested in the game. The game actually being tracked based actually has me really excited, just because I'm tired of open world racers. DC for me is a day one buy, from a technical standpoint DC is ace, and if the whole clan aspect of the game actually works, it could end up being a hit for sony. Well as much as Arcade racers can do, as they usually dont sell very well. Another game you should pay attention is The Crew, if you are interested in arcade racers, if you liked TDU, and Paradise, to me it seem like a mixture of those games.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

Since we cannot seem to get a proper WRC or Rally game FH2 will do. Drive club does look beautiful though.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CanYouDiglt

I wonder how many car pack DLCs Drive Club will need to even catch up to Forza. That is at least 150 cars worth of car packs.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44158 Posts

I Can Dig It ...especially truly open world FH2.. AwesomeSauce.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44612 Posts

A cool racing game IMO doesn't need to scan real cars or real roads, those games end up being the most boring.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@gago-gago said:

Car racing games should be about cars. So the more cars the better. DriveClub should be ashamed of themselves, only 50 cars is abysmal for a car racing game. Even PS2 racing games had more, the PS4 is going backwards with this one.

Well not always. If the cars are incredibility detailed, I'll settle for 50. GT5 had over 1000 cars but only a handful were actually good looking.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

First of All

Two totally different types of games, Apples and Oranges.

2nd of All

Quantity is nt a bad thing if thats the kind of thing you're into...... Everybody else prefers Quality.

I don't jump on any Bandawagon just because its got the most Cool Aid. :p

Effec_Tor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By Effec_Tor
Member since 2014 • 914 Posts

racing games are fun!

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@b4x said:

As I transverse through the massive Open World of FH2, though the Drive Club / Damage controlling ally-simulating tears. My heart sings out in pain, with a faint pitter patter across the tear drenched cobblestone. The sadness is almost engulfing.....

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CanYouDiglt
@Lulu_Lulu said:

First of All

2nd of All

Quantity is nt a bad thing if thats the kind of thing you're into...... Everybody else prefers Quality.

Both are arcade style games so it is not apple and oranges.

The Motorstorm Devs do not scream quality. Their last 3 games on Metacritic are 77,78, and 82.

Also 50 cars is far too few no matter how you cut it. From what I understand the games focus is super sport cars but even then there is so many manufacturers Lamborghini, Audi, Bugatti, Ferrari, Koeningsegg, Aston Martin, Ford, Dodge, Pagani, and so many more. So with only 50 cars at most it is only one from each manufacturer but ones like Lamborghini people would want Aventador, Gallardo, new Huracan, plus more and the same could be said for others such as Ferrari.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@Acez626 said:

Not saying that there is no chance for DC to be better then horizon,(because thats what fanboys do) but CHANCES are horizon is simply going to be the better game

that or they actually believe gt is better. for someone that has played both...gt plays better for me.

@CanYouDiglt said:

The upcoming car games and the battle of cars

Drive Club 50 cars, 55 tracks, five locations, and 50 tour events

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/driveclub-s-total-number-of-cars-revealed-plus-members-get-10-discount/1100-6419494/

Vs

Forza Horiza over 200 cars and open World

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/06/10/more-than-200-cars-available-at-forza-horizon-2-launch/

yea cows dont have any excuses for that

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

This would only matter if it were the other way around. Since its Sony with the lower number its quality over quantity or something like that.

lol assuming fantard arguments only go one way? Right. If it was MS with the lower number people would use the exact same argument.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

racing games LOL

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

I could hardly care about the total number of cars personally. I generally ignore a huge majority of all the crap duplicates and off-versions of specific models. I'd rather have a nice selection of cars and a huge selection of tracks.

I will give horizon a plus for having a ton of raceway but the question from me is, "Are the raceways worth racing?".

Both of them look great, particularly DC and I hope both of them are fun because why not both?

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sam890
Member since 2005 • 1119 Posts

@Acez626 said:

GT is better imo.

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@gago-gago said:

Well not always. If the cars are incredibility detailed, I'll settle for 50. GT5 had over 1000 cars but only a handful were actually good looking.

And wonder why you have no credibility on forum.

I hope Forza is more car since last gen visual and detail compare to Driveclub.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Forza series is on top right now. Most would agree.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

@clyde46 said:

@gago-gago said:

he is right though. premium cars looked good. standard used cars were ps2 ish in graphics.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

@clyde46 said:

@gago-gago said:

>Talks about credibitlity

>Claims Forza is last gen

I'm sorry what?

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

@clyde46 said:

@gago-gago said:

What? most of the cars in GT 5 where up rezzed Ps2 cars , everyone and there dog knows that the cars in GT5 where not the best looking,lol

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Saw some gameplay footage of FH2, barely looked better than Forza 4.5. Oh well.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@CanYouDiglt

Who said anything about Motorstorm Developers.....?

And Horizon is Open World and DC is not...... Doesn't matter if their both arcade Racers.... Theres still a Jupiter Sized World of difference between them....

DiRT 2 has about 30 cars..... in each discipline theres you could only choose from 8 or less!

Still miles better than those two because its gameplay is precise and solid.....

You only 200 Cars because you have short attention span and feel the need to switch it up every race.... Regardless of vehicle performance (because their really not that different)

some people like substance and some people like variety..... Aint nothing wrong with that...

Dig That !

@sts106mat

Did the Open World in Horizon sail completely over your head ? Ofcourse it did.... ;)

Next lets pits Mario Kart up Against Forza 5 because "this is System Wars where anything goes as long it looks simular".......

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

DC is so sad compared to this. Not shipping with weather anymore. Low car count. Several delays, once a free launch title converted to full retail.

Horizon 2 is here, ready to deliver and already has more gameplay footage in a week than DC managed to muster up in a year.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 misterpmedia

@NFJSupreme said:

Forza series is on top right now. Most would agree.

I'm sure they would, Forza is an established franchise, Driveclub is a new IP.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

200 cars that look like something on 360 when outside their garage/phto mode.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

lol assuming fantard arguments only go one way? Right. If it was MS with the lower number people would use the exact same argument.

What's the point in saying that cow? That isn't the case and cows are doing exactly the opposite of what they trashed Forza 5 for. Stop being such a hypocrite

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 misterpmedia

@kingtito said:

What's the point in saying that cow? That isn't the case and cows are doing exactly the opposite of what they trashed Forza 5 for. Stop being such a hypocrite

I think you'll find I haven't said anything about FH2 in this topic. I'll let you go find a quote so you can make sure. I'll wait for you. My point still stands. Dumb ass bottom lem, I swear you bottom lems don't even think before typing with those gnashing teeth.

SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SPBoss
Member since 2009 • 3746 Posts

I'd take quality over quantity anyday. Just look at GT5's 1000+ cars it doesn't mean anything.

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

@Heil68 said:

I never unlock all cars and I doubt all unlock all 50 in DC.

I don't want all the cars anyway

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kingtito

@misterpmedia said:

@kingtito said:

I think you'll find I haven't said anything about FH2 in this topic. I'll let you go find a quote so you can make sure. I'll wait for you. My point still stands. Dumb ass bottom lem, I swear you bottom lems don't even think before typing with those gnashing teeth.

My point still stand loser cow. You mentioned MS in a "what if" scenario when the fact remains that it's Sony and DC that's in question. There was ZERO reason to bring up any "what ifs" at all but you being a loser cow, I guess you just couldn't help it.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

Remember what lems said about Forza 5 vs GT6? Yeah cause that already happened.

Lems are the worst offenders of being hypocrites among all fanboy groups. Suddenly having a higher number of something matters when GT6 was >>>>>>>>>>> Forza 5 in virtually everything that matters in number count, least of which were number of cars.

Now suddenly number count is such a big deal for them? Plz. Lems can't stick to a single course of logic from one topic to the next.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Who started this "the more cars you have the less quality the game will be" damage control? So you're telling me if a car racing game only has one car, it will be the best car racing car ever. Lol. The fact is that Forza is a quality game, a quality franchise, received quality reviews, with quantity of cars and tracks. What happens if FH2 out scores DC or DC flops? #GreatmessAwaits

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

This game isn't at all bad looking: http://i.4cdn.org/v/1402507056560.webm

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@CanYouDiglt said:
@Lulu_Lulu said:

First of All

2nd of All

The Motorstorm Devs do not scream quality. Their last 3 games on Metacritic are 77,78, and 82.

Also 50 cars is far too few no matter how you cut it. From what I understand the games focus is super sport cars but even then there is so many manufacturers Lamborghini, Audi, Bugatti, Ferrari, Koeningsegg, Aston Martin, Ford, Dodge, Pagani, and so many more. So with only 50 cars at most it is only one from each manufacturer but ones like Lamborghini people would want Aventador, Gallardo, new Huracan, plus more and the same could be said for others such as Ferrari.

Since when is 77, 78, and 82 not quality?

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 misterpmedia

@kingtito said:

My point still stand loser cow. You mentioned MS in a "what if" scenario when the fact remains that it's Sony and DC that's in question. There was ZERO reason to bring up any "what ifs" at all but you being a loser cow, I guess you just couldn't help it.

You don't have a point, so nothing stands on your end. Your comment wasn't even too me, it was to 'cows' who you think have said what you've stated and I lol'd when you tried to pin that on me with no proof, grasp at those straws more bottom lem, you're gonna out do you yourself I swear. There was all the reason to bring it up if a person thinks fanboyism only goes one way. Looks like you completely missed the point of what I said. Must have ruffled your jimmies pretty hard. Dumb bottom lem. Think for your self for a change.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kingtito

@misterpmedia said:

@kingtito said:

You don't have a point, so nothing stands on your end. Your comment wasn't even too me, it was to 'cows' who you think have said what you've stated and I lol'd when you tried to pin that on me with no proof, grasp at those straws more bottom lem, you're gonna out do you yourself I swear. There was all the reason to bring it up if a person thinks fanboyism only goes one way. Looks like you completely missed the point of what I said. Must have ruffled your jimmies pretty hard. Dumb bottom lem. Think for your self for a change.

I did quote you kid so go on thinking that.

WTF are you talking about? I didn't pin anything on you kid. I said you had ZERO reason to bring MS with "what if" statements. Are you El Tormenteds alt or something? I think you have major problems.

That's common knowledge cow so there really was no reason to post what you did. Are you going to say the same thing when cows are doing it or are you going to be the hypocrite you proved to be?

You're name calling and I'm the one with russled jimmies? Hahahahaah yeah what ever you say kid. You're just a typical boring cow that spits out the same nonsense over and over

You may re-insert your head up Sony's ass now cow.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

funny now the xbox fanboys care about car numbers. GT6 having much more on a last gen system and Forza 4 even having more than 5 and they didn't seem to care.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By kingtito

@bforrester420 said:

@CanYouDiglt said:
@Lulu_Lulu said:

First of All

2nd of All

Since when is 77, 78, and 82 not quality?

You should be asking cows that question.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22787 Posts

I was ready to buy drive club day 1 at launch.... but after the delays I'm going to make them earn my money.... gonna see how it scores first and watch some videos. As for horizon... I didn't buy the first and I'm not a huge fan of the open world BO paradise gameplay personally... but I think Forza as a series is the best in the biz